Bing, Google

keep it healthy — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kydnt who has 158 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nova
@Aphrodite

Nova

The strange wriggling creatures in the den, cubs she had been told, might as well have been aliens crash landed and taken up residence. They were weird looking, with big bobbly heads that hardly seemed stable on the thick little limbs that carried them, and they smelled of stale milk. Her mother had never taken the time to explain any of this, but Nova had managed to cobble together some sort of explanation. It was evident enough that they had come out of her mother... Their mother? And somehow they belonged to Mapplethorpe as well, in some fashion that Nova didn't quite understand; After all, neither of them had come out of his body.

Nova wasn't particularly fond of spending time around the two wriggling things that were currently flopping around near the den and making odd warbling noises while demanding all the attention. Feeling a bit ignored and somewhat like a gross piece of meat someone buried and forgot about, she decided she needed some fresh air. Of which this damp, dank forest sorely lacked.

At a ground-eating lope she put the rotting woods behind her and let the sounds of birdsong, rustling leaves and rippling water fill her ears. As golden afternoon sun came streaming through the canopy, Nova found herself upon the banks of a glittering river, the shore packed hard by what must have been many paws, though whoever had lived here before was now long gone. As she lapped at the cleanest water she'd tasted in months, she wondered if Aponi had actually made the right decision.

Played by Bryony who has 39 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Aphrodite Moon

A new scent lingered upon the girl, one she was so thankful for. Aphrodite Moon had a home now. She'd had a good night's sleep and a somewhat full belly (she wasn't comfortable putting a kink in their rations without giving something to them first), and felt that she might take a walk and reacquaint herself with the land that she'd been torn away from. Maybe she'd find some food to bring back as well. An offering, of sorts, especially for her new mentor. What a good first impression that she'd make. The forest around her was familiar, bringing her back to that day she'd been led away from Poison Path by "Aunt Naira". Her teal eyes hardened and narrowed, lips pulling back in a snarl. That woman had single-handedly managed to destroy her life. If Aphie had never left Poison Path, she never would have ended up in Whisper Caverns...She never would have been taken from the fields.

She pushed her anger down and her lips drew back over her teeth. But there was a hard gleam in her eyes that she could not erase. With some difficulty, she swam across the stream that ran through the wood. Swimming had never been her strong suit, and still somewhat weak, she struggled. Her worn pawpads struggled against the smooth river stones beneath her paws and she nearly slipped as she came up on the shore, shaking her pelt off. With the inaccessible dirt on her back, she was thankful for the water to clear away what she could not reach. Along the bank of the stream, she walked for a while, keeping her steps quiet in case a tasty morsel crossed her path.

Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Kydnt who has 158 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nova
@Aphrodite So sorry for the wait!

Nova

Nova lifted her maw from the water and pulled in the stray drops with the wide surface of her tongue. She felt refreshed, not only physically rejuvenated but clear headed in a way. It was amazing what a change in scenery could do, and she was trying to ignore the fact that she would have to return to the moldy old keep at some point. With a bounce in her step the dark coated girl followed the curve of the riverbank, making no attempt to conceal her movements.

Nova could see a bright dab of white further down the riverbank, wolfish in shape. She lifted her broad snout to try and catch the scent, but the wind was going the wrong direction. Squeaking with an anxious, excited whine she picked up the pace of her long legged trot. The other wolf looked young, possibly about her age. All of Nova's agemates had been long gone from the pack, and she longed to speak with someone she could possibly relate to. Nova slowed as she neared the other female, turning her wide ears back and lowering her head.

As Nova looked into the white wolf's eyes, she was struck by the vibrant green-blue color, like a deep mountain creek. "Wow, your eyes," Nova blurted before she even realized what was out of her mouth. She could almost hear Aponi laughing. Now worried the stranger would now think her rather odd, she hurried on in hopes if she kept going what she said would be forgotten, "I mean, I'm sorry. Uhm, I'm Nova."

Played by Bryony who has 39 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Aphrodite Moon
@Nova No worries! Life kinda kicked me in the rear anyway ;;

She did not keep on for too long before the wind drew a scent her way. Damp paws ceased their uncomfortable squelching against the earth to try and pinpoint the smell. Something was dreadfully familiar about it, but the girl couldn't pinpoint what exactly "it" was. Besides that, she could pull various other little tidbits out, which was fine, but mostly unnecessary, for whoever the scent belonged to was already on her way. alerting Aphrodite with a squeak, the girl turned on her paws, somewhat startled and yet oddly excited. Someone to get on with! Someone her own age, even, it seemed. Aphrodite was reminded of how much she really missed her brother by looking at this stranger and, before she pushed such thoughts aside, she could only hope that she might find him when she found Athena.

Aphrodite lowered herself a bit as well, before realizing that there really wasn't any need. Whoever this was, she wasn't part of Aphie's new pack. Her tail lifted a bit and she didn't bother sitting quite yet. Eye contact was quickly made and the pale girl smiled, taken slightly aback by this stranger's opening statement, but amused and mostly flattered. She laughed, "Thanks." The darker stranger, or Nova as she introduced herself, had golden eyes that reminded her of her mother. It was something of a common color, Aphrodite knew, but she'd be sure to remember this stranger anyway. "I'm Aphrodite. It's, uh, really nice to meet someone my own age." Though her words were somewhat hesitant (her social skills were not the greatest), she did her best to be friendly, even throwing in a bit of a tail wag for emphasis.

Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention