(See All?) Announcements
629 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut

I'm coming home — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
whoops, ill go fix mine too to make it correct.

"Enoki Ashrelle is a beautiful name if I may say so." Tor's words mustered up a light flush to her cheeks, thankful for the thick lining of black fur to cover any hint of it from the male. Though still young in age; barely closing in on the final months of her fourth year, the former Ashrelle princess was never showered in compliments or given male attention in general for that matter. That was if you exclude her former mate which was if anything just a yearling fling conjured up with the excitement of being on her own for the first time after deciding to leave her home mountain range back in South Dakota. All in all, she was rusty in the area of romance and its many forms. "Thank you, i'm flattered." She spoke, her voice sincere and delicate in tone. With introductions aside, finally the mystery men became strangers no more as the younger boy gave his name in turn before the conversation drifted to Enoki's hunting expedition. Titan Thorben was his name and a fitting name it was with his height advantage easily making him a titan in his own right. Once he grew into his full potential he would be a force not worth messing with and she mentally added him to the list of wolves not to mess with for future reference.

Both men flattered her skills which she admittedly enjoyed. There was nothing wrong with being given appreciation for ones talents. That was the woman's biggest need in life, to be appreciated even if it did stroke her ego on the side. I'm just glad to be of use somewhere with my hunting skills, but I do appreciate the offer." Her later words were directed towards Titan, offering him a small nod in silent thanks. Hunting was almost a hobby to her, enjoying every aspect of it from the initial tracking to the actual hunt itself and everything in between. Over the course of her loner years she did what she could to perfect her art as a way of 'giving her something to do' and pass the time. And now that she was home, she would invest these skills to make sure her new family was taken care of. She would be damned if they went hungry with her around. It was Tor's question that caused her gaze to once more waver between the two and settle on the older males for a quick second to show that he currently had his full attention for the time being before dropping it again. "I think that would be nice. I haven't gone hunting with another in quite some time." Her words fell genuinely from her lips with an interest that mirrored his own, offering the dark man a sincere smile before turning her attention to Titan, curious if he had any input on the matter.

"Speech"

Khalliysgraphy @DA & CathleenTarawhiti @DA - Table by PuppyThief
Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Since no one has brought up those rabbit tracks....

Titan looked to Xetor suspiciously as the second asked the Enoki she wolf whether she would invite him to hunt with her in the future. Feeling a little left out now the young black wolf bit his lip not happy to be sitting still for so long. He still grinned a boyish smile back at the woman as he noticed slight embarrassment reach over her features. Although she tried to hide it, the gesture reminded him a lot of what Danica would have done. So naturally he caught her blush being used to noting it back in Whisper Caverns.

With the grin still on his maw, the dark wolf got up slowly and stretched again. He took a few steps to move away, but stayed within the vicinity of the older pair of wolves. He paused as Xetor's words stroked his ears. "Heh, well I did want to be a guardian once,but... I have my reasons for becoming a healer now.." He answered while avoiding the true reason Titan had taken to the healing arts.

He still wasn't sure if Enoki might want his help, so Titan would stick close until he found out. Until then he amused himself by sniffing around the ground among the drying grasses. He lifted his eyes for a moment to look towards the pair of adults and found his gaze meet with the female's amber eyes. Looking away quickly, Titan occupied himself again by wandering a few paces away towards a depression in the ground where the earth was a bit moist.

He was immediately surprised by the scent and tracks that he saw in the mud. Rabbit... He thought hungrily before sticking his nose close to the mud and inhaling the light but musty smell of rabbit.

He was torn now. Titan wasn't sure if he should stay or track the rabbit scent to its source. For a moment two he stood there still as a rock as he debated on what to do.

(This post was last modified: Sep 27, 2014, 12:26 AM by Titan.)
Learn from these streets, it can be bleak,
Accept no defeat, surrender retreat...

Played by TABs who has 49 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Xetor Archer

Xetor nodded in agreement glad that he was beginning to get along with the dark furred pair of new wolves. In truth he preferred the standoffish behavior of @Skoll over the overly goody two paws kind of personality Titan was showing. Seriously, that grin on the boys face was going to give him nightmares one of these nights. Xetor kinda wished that one of the other quiet yearlings was there to balance the sugary goodness radiating out of the new kid. Sighing at the thought, Tor brought his gaze off of Titan's foolish grin to give Enoki a small half smile.

"I like hunting the small game myself. However I could be considered an apt fisher, and I quite enjoy sitting by the water while catching our finned friends." He spoke proudly remembering the fish he had caught while with his aunt Sorya over the mountains. He had fished a few times before that over in the empire, although they had not been serious attempts at it. Xetor had caught on to the tricks of fishing quickly with continued practice. Though he was far from a master at the art.

He then nodded at her words and followed her look over to Titan wondering if the boy had much else to say. He had the feeling that the kid didn't like him, and hell that was fine with Tor. He didn't care if wolves didn't like him while he was himself.

"Eh boy? Have you been on a hunt yet?" He asked genuinely curious if Titan had been taught the basics by his parents.

Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer

Enoki perked her ears in amusement at Xetor's mention of being a fisher wolf, a trait she found very interesting. She had attempted to fish a time or two when food was scarce, but never could quite get a grasp on the art of it. Perhaps this fisher could teach her the tricks of the trade and would voice it so after politely awaiting a reply from Titan on Tor's question about hunting. This question brought genuine curiosity from the Ashrelle. She wondered if he too found the hunt as exhilarating as she did, though with him being a yearling still she didn't know if he had been on his first hunt with the pack yet or with his previous pack who she assumed was the odd, foreign scent that faintly lingered on his silvery hairs still. A scent she hadn't come across yet since returning to the Lore. Her brow raised slightly as she continued to wait, the yearling now further off than what she had remembered him being only a minute or two ago. Perhaps he was just the type that didn't like to sit still for long, his body still full of residual puppy energy. She let the thought go and switched her gaze once more to the second in command after Titan answered his question.

"If you don't mind, would you care to teach me how to fish sometime? I've always wanted to learn and think it to be a useful trade for one to have. Especially to a huntress such as myself." Her smile grew faintly wider after she spoke, her tail thumping more against the dirt and causing a small dust cloud to form before she laid her tail back down to curl it around the curvature of her back left leg. After a moment she stole a quick glance to her left to keep an eye on the carcass that remained untouched next to them (minus the large chunks missing that Elettra and herself had feasted on at the meadow) aside from the small swarm of flies that began to collect on the decaying meat. She would need to get the remains of the carcass to the cache soon. Satisfied that nothing had attempted to steal her gift during their conversation she turned her head back around to give the two her full attention once more.

(Sorry its a shorter kinda blah reply)

"Speech"

Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
As his nose snuffled around through the weeds, dirt, and grasses, Titan listened in on the pair from close by. His ear tilted towards them and flicked every so often to show that he was listening. Slight interest sparked from the idea of fishing. Sometimes he wondered if he had the patience to even try learning it. However the scent of rabbit lured him more and more towards that little trail.

Titan was glad he had waited there for a few moments because it wasn't long before Xetor asked him a question that brought the youth back into their conversation. Titan made sure to remember where those tracks were before padding back to the others. Though when he stopped the dark wolf did not sit down again.

"I have been on a number of smaller hunts, though one of them was a pack hunt going for large game." He gave them an appreciative smile before continuing. "I have gotten slower as I have grown, so I'm not very good at hunting little things anymore. Deer are probably what suits my size most." He answered quickly though thoughts of fishing had popped into his head from when Tor had talked about it.

Titan had never gone fishing before. There hadn't really been anyone back at his old pack to teach him how to fish. Although Titan never knew that his mother and his friend Rook were actually okay at fishing. He just never had the chance to ask them about it before.

"I think he's right though. I should be doing something, and if you have no need for me miss I'll be heading off to see if I have enough speed to catch that rabbit someplace over there." Titan dipped his head in farewell, though he paused before turning half around to hear what the other man and woman had to say. Once they said their farewells he was off. Striking out for that rabbit trail of scent to see if he could make himself useful.

(exit Titan if no one asks him anything else?)

Inactive Deceased
Xetor Archer
"I think you would enjoy fishing. You seem to be the patient type, and really patience,luck, and a little bit of skill is all you need to be a good fisherwolf." He smiled slowly almost copying the charming grin that Titan had used earlier. Then his eyes flicked to the yearling.

Xetor leaned forward to listen to the youth who had wandered off a small distance. He noted how interested the boy was in some scent on the earth and wondered if the kid was about to leave to go after the smell. However, his patience was rewarded when Titan strolled back over and answered them. A single pack hunt is all that's under his belt? Were his parents like mine were? Always doing something else somewhere else when we should have been taught how to survive? He thought disapprovingly but kept the comment quiet. If Titan wasn't a quick study when it came to hunting Then someone in this pack was going to have to help out. He hoped for the kids sake that he was talented in that skill despite not going after it as a role. It was one thing to become a healer; but to not properly learn hunting, whether to take it as a role or not, was something that could starve you in the future.

"Well we can't have you doing nothing while you wait for word on Adelaide. I hope you'll take to the borders and help the patrols to mark them for a while. It's mostly Angier, Elettra, myself, and maybe one or two others who frequent the borders. Though we could use a night time watch while we sleep." He offered the suggestion to the male hoping he would actually perform that task rather than shrug it off to do other things. Tor especially hoped that Titan would heed his warning and stay away from the medicinal den. He certainly didn't want the big oaf stomping around in there like a bull in a china shop.

Dipping his head in farewell to the boy Xetor then turned his attention to the she wolf once more. He too would be glad to help her should she ask for it. Though the last stretch of border had not been checked by him yet. He could spare a few minutes from the already well marked border.

(This post was last modified: Sep 27, 2014, 05:45 PM by Xetor.)
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer

The woman couldn't help but chuckle softly at the enthusiasm that suddenly filled the boy upon the discovery of a rabbit scent trail, clearly becoming set on giving chase before his lips spoke of it. She had caught whiff of the scent herself, but paid it no mind with the depths of her belly still content with her meal earlier at the meadow with Elettra. "I should be just fine, but thank you. May the luck of the hunt be with you, Titan." She encouraged the yearling before dipping her head in farewell, a common phrase that she remembered her home pack always saying to each other before the hunting party would disband to catch the next meal. The familiar saying arose old memories of home, but she pushed them aside not wanting to be reminded of the last dreadful months she had spent there and the famine that evidently caused her to leave.

Now that Titan had ventured off on his personal hunt for rabbit, the Ashrelle woman rose to her feet and gave her body a much needed stretch from sitting for longer than she anticipated. Shaking out her pelt, she then turned to Xetor and remained in a standing position knowing that she shouldn't keep the second from his duties longer than necessary. She would politely ask for the direction the pack cache was located then let him be on his way and perhaps meet up again sometime when he was free from pack duties to give her a lesson or two on fishing. "I best get this meat to the cache before something tries to come along and snatch it." She said with a toss of her head to the side to indicate the carcass that still laid untouched. "I wouldn't want to keep you from whatever task you have left to finish for the day, so could you please point me in the direction of the cache, Xetor? I'd be ever grateful for your help." A small smile appeared then on her lips, waving her tail behind her in a good, friendly manor.

(I'd say one more post from you then I can close it with her walking off to the cache and we can make another thread with the two if you'd like sometime?)

(This post was last modified: Sep 27, 2014, 06:13 PM by Enoki.)
Inactive Deceased
Xetor Archer
small post is small

He watched the yearling head off and rolled his own shoulders to release the tiny bit of stress they held. Then the dark wolf's gaze turned to Enoki as she thanked him and said farewell to Titan. It was a quaint farewell that told Xetor just how sweet the light and dark colored she wolf was. He adjusted himself quickly beginning to stand up as her voice echoed across his ear.

Nodding at her question Xetor then turned his body sideways to point down the main path she had diverted herself from earlier.

"A few caches can be found along that route heading further into the territory. If the closest is full then look to the next one along the line to see if it isn't." He pointed his nose to the main trail then turned to look back towards the border. Tor felt a bit refreshed after his short chat with the other two willow wolves.

"Then I'll be seeing you soon ma'am." He spoke gruffly before dipping his head in farewell and heading off towards the borders that had not been marked for the afternoon yet.

(exit Xetor)

Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer

"A few caches can be found along that route heading further into the territory. If the closest is full then look to the next one along the line to see if it isn't." Xetor advised while pointing his body in the direction she was to follow to reach the string of cache sites the pack used. With a silent nod in thanks and both farewell she padding over to the carcass and stole a quick glance back in his direction before speaking. "It was nice meeting you, Xetor. Until we meet again." With that being said and the second scurrying off to finish his tasks, she dipped her muzzle down to grip the ankles of her kill just as she had to drag it home from the meadow. With one mighty heave she got the mass of dead weight to start moving again, keeping the momentum going as she dragged the carcass down the main pathway towards the cache site just off to the side of her.

Her first official meeting with a Willow wolf (well two wolves) had gone relatively smooth and had put a nice little pep to her step, letting her tail wave like a mighty banner behind her to promote her good spirits while there was no wolf of higher authority around now to force her to keep a respectful stance about her. It didn't take her long to come to the first closet, but with a quick peek inside she noted that just like Tor suggested it may be, it was too full to fit the half of deer carcass she brought with her. So it was on to the next. Switching her grip from the ankles to the back haunches she swung her body around to carry the meat backwards toward the next cache, a fluff covered smile thanks to the deer hide appearing on her lips as she managed to find a spot big enough within the this cache to store the carcass. Shuffling it inside she then gave a proud huff and nodded her head in satisfaction. The first of many gifts was now safely tucked for the pack to enjoy, a first task for the pack now under her belt. 'That'll do, girl. That'll do.'

End.