Google, Bing

lost instead — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 15 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Adair Asherdu
@Narimé

Re: The sky is dark with storm clouds.
Thunder rumbled, lighting came next as a tall light figure bounded across the land in search of shelter. He'd been traveling for days, his limbs were sore, but he continued on with determination to find a refuge from the imposing storm. His coat was dingy and rugged and his eyes were tired from being his guides as he wandered deeper into unfamiliar land; this place would eventually become his home.

Crack the sky exploded with noise that made him pause and he expected the clouds smartly, there would be another half hour or more before rain would make it's entrance and he wanted to be as far away from open land as possible. From what he could tell, this land was some sort of hunting ground that had been abandoned of a pack for years or more, the silence in Hush Meadows was deafening aside from the fight in the sky. It wouldn't be long before he ran into something or someone that could redirect him in the right direction but he wasn't so sure how. Little did he know a pack was like more than a mile off from where he was.

Kaboom the sound grew dangerously closer and he stalled in his stride a final time before ran riddled his back, immediately soaking him to the bone. Great, now he was tired and wet, this was perfect. Picking up his speed he finally found shelter in the firm e of a tree and hurried beneath it just before the crack of more thunder. Shaking his pelt, which clung to his towering body, he seemed onto his haunches and felt his body shiver though he ignored his body and focused instead on the horizon; he had more ground to cover. Sighing deep he felt his heart rate settle and the world around him grew calm as the storm raged on without him.
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
@Adair

She wasn't usually one for running about in thunderstorms, but occasionally the silver wolf let go of her worries and padded out to meet the oncoming storm. She liked watching and hearing thunder and lightning, as dangerous as it might be. Though Nari wished somebody had come out from the safe confines of the den to watch the storm with her. Her son Titan had quickly rejected her offer while he stayed deep within the tunnels of their cavern home, and Yuka wasn't even in the den when she had visited it. So the woman had gone out by herself.

From the treeline Nari stood watching the storm quickly sweep towards her. The dark billowing clouds warned her of the storms strength. The winds whipped up pieces of grass and dust into the air as the she wolf pranced about on the edge of the meadow. Electric energy ran through her limbs urging the hunter forward to run. After a loud "BANG" she shot off into the meadow, her banner flying high as Nari proceeded to sprint into the river of grass twisting in the high winds. She stared at the clouds, snarling at the sky, and dared the storm to challenge her speed.

She had run nearly a half mile before Nari spotted the rain approaching. The scent of water and grass on the wind filled her head as she looped around now racing the rain back towards her home. Unfortunately she was not fast enough to beat the oncoming rain and after a few seconds her pelt was half soaked while the rain fell.

However she was not angry that she lost. Instead her tail waved happily as the rain cooled her overheating body down. She continued running, a little more slowly now, back towards her home north nearly a mile away before noticing a shape moving ahead of her. She slowed to a lope in order to better see the other object while also enjoying the rain as it plastered her fur to her sleek body. She realized quickly that it was a wolf and wondered who exactly was headed in the same direction as she. Has an ally scent a scout to us with a message? She thought while catching up to the wolf far to its right. Nari wasn't sure if the stranger had seen her antics, but even if he had she didn't care. It had felt good to just let go and enjoy herself.

"Hello there!" The silver hunter called noticing the males large size as she slowly approached. Nari was about eight wolf lengths away now as she neared the other gray wolf.

(This post was last modified: Jun 04, 2014, 09:16 PM by Narimé.)
Adair Asherdu
@Narimé

He sat shivering, feeling the cold seep into his coat into his skin and he shook violently, wanting nothing more then to be dry and out of the dark storm clouds that hovered over him. He had many more miles left to go, but with no specific direction he knew that his traveling would leave him walking for days on paws already worn and despite the pain he planned on moving ahead. He had to find a home, there were no other options. When he grew comfortable with the silence he began to lick at his coat, ignoring the weather that brewed violently outside the scope of the large tree--before long, the storm picked up more. He sighed with knowledge that the storm would cut off time from his travel, and though he usually had no qualms with traveling during a storm, the thunder and lightning was an element he had no interest in busying himself with; a burnt wolf was of no use to anyone.

Lost in his grooming he did not see Narime until she was well upon him, and in mid lick he lifted his head to acknowledge her presence, his words soon followed. "It's nice to know I wasn't the only poor soul caught in the rain..." he trailed off, noting her pale coat and equally pale eyes, she was a sight to behold, probably a well kept pack wolf and instantly she peaked his interest. "were you in search of a home?" he spoke next, wanting her to give the information without having to ask her outright where she was from.
(This post was last modified: Jun 08, 2014, 09:52 PM by Adair.)
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
@Adair

The run in the rain had certainly lifted her spirits. It was because of this that Nari threw caution to the wind while greeting the stranger happily. She noticed him grooming his fur before she paused before the male. The gray she wolf watched his eyes take in her shape and narrowed her own onto his form as he spoke.

"Yeah well, it's my fault for trying to beat the storm back home. I should know by now that you can't outrun rain." Nari gave him a crooked smile glad to hear a good natured comment leave the males lips. She didn't exactly feel like meeting with an angry bitter loner today who would bring down her mood. So his half joking words had her interested in staying to chat for a while. She sat down about a single wolf length away showing him how relaxed she was around the male. So that they could both understand that neither wolf wanted to harm the other. Then Nari listened as he asked her an intriguing question.

"Well I can't say that I am since my home is that way." She gestured with her nose in the direction of Whisper Caverns territory. Though the rain made it so that neither wolf could really smell any far off border. "I found my home just over a year ago."The platinum woman turned quickly to glance at the sky as lightning flashed closer to them. As much as she liked watching a good storm being stuck out in the open as it came upon you didn't exactly strike her fancy.

"Are you in search of a home?" Nari asked innocently enough avoiding giving her name and title for now. She would bring the loner to the covered area of her territory but only if he was interested in finding a pack to live in. As of now she wasn't sure if he was the roving loner type who liked being alone or if he was actively searching for a pack to join.

(This post was last modified: Jun 08, 2014, 10:11 PM by Narimé.)
Adair Asherdu
@Narimé
As he dried, his coat began to stick out around the edges, and grew frizzy as wind whipped through the branches of the tree to dry the saliva that coated areas of his hip, stomach and fore legs. He hoped that she would not notice and judge him, for Adair had once been a king of his own homeland despite his current rugged appearance and had intentions of reclaiming his royalty status once more. As she spoke his head nodded and round ears pulled themselves back on his skull and he spoke shortly after, "The elements are tricky, but you look like a quick footed wolf, I'm sure you gave it a run for its money." he smiled, warming up to Narime as she settled next to him, her defenses minimal at best. He did not fear her, and she could tell that she did not find him intimidating either, a trust he had hoped to gain from any wolf he'd met on these lands, Narime just so happened to be the lucky taker.

When she spoke of her pack his limbs shifted beneath his weight and he instantly perked with increasing interest, he had known that she was a pack wolf, her appearance had told him everything he wanted to know, except of course where her home was. "Seems like you're a long way from home then," and he paused, choosing his words carefully, "You must be very loyal to have stuck around for more than a year, I would say the same except my home was destroyed by famine and extreme weather." thoughts of his mother and father clouded his memory, his sister's voice rang like a bell in his head. Swallowing hard he tried to forget these memories in an effort to remain strong in her presence, "I guess you can say that I am in search of a home, somewhere that'll take in a rugged looking guy like me." and he fell silent knowing that this was perhaps the quickest meeting he had ever had before; could Narime be his ticket into a new home?
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

As the male spoke she grinned then shook her head no. "Thank you for the flattery but I'm actually not horribly fast. I've got stamina on my side not so much speed." she answered while watching his fur begin to stick out like a porcupine. Though the she wolf did not comment on it, a certain sadness entered her gaze. Sloane had often looked like that after drying off from rain or a good swim. She missed the way they would joke about it together.

The man's voice pulled her from her depressed thoughts. Nari inched her head to the side slowly to listen. She huffed purposefully as he spoke about famine and weather destroying his home. "Strange... My pack was almost split apart for the same reasons. This past winter here in Lore had been the harshest I've ever seen. We lost many members..." Nari suddenly grew silent by the end of her comment. Her thoughts had turned to Sloane again. He had been on of the first few to go missing.

Then once more the strangers voice brought her attention back to him and away from the past.

"I guess you can say that I am in search of a home, somewhere that'll take in a rugged looking guy like me." The stranger spoke while Nari smiled. She did have quite a few positions available that needed filling. Including a good healer, another guardian to split up patrols with, a teacher, a scout, hell almost every role she could think of was open to whoever wanted it.

"I could take you there, it's really not far away only about a half mile maybe, but what strengths or talents would you be able to give to the pack?" Nari wondered if the male had any idea who he was talking to. It seemed like she still had him thinking that she was a subordinate and nothing more.

Adair Asherdu
He noted her size, she was a tall woman with bulk on her side and his head shook to the side with embarrassment for not noticing it before, like herself Adair was not the fastest on four paws but he could run for miles and keep pushing even if his paws screamed bloody murder. "My apologies then ma'am..." and he trailed off, not wanting to sound more foolish then he had already been. It was easiest to dig a deeper hole then it was to eventually climb out and the aging male knew when to catch himself before he fell too deep; he couldn't afford angering her, not when he was so close.

Though he could not read her mind he could tell that something was bothering her, it was evident in her gaze and the way she stared at his rugged pelt regardless of whether she mentioned anything or not and he shuffled beneath her gaze, not knowing how to react or what to say next. He was glad that the topic switch, and when she mentioned the famine that had hit her own hometown he shook his alabaster crown with a sigh, "I am sorry for your loss miss, I hope that your home was able to recover." though he was sure that it had, otherwise she would be in far worse condition then she did; he hardly knew a subordinate as clean looking as Narime.

"Wouldn't you like to know what I can offer before I become another mouth to feed?" he questioned with a chuckle before he heard her question and pulled his ears back on head as he gave her the answer, "I was trained in everything, from hunting to guiding others, though my sheer size often makes me an excellent guardian by default." it was probably his best trait, "do you think your leaders would care for a guardian?"
(This post was last modified: Jun 08, 2014, 11:34 PM by Adair.)
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
@Adair

She sighed at almost the same moment he did then gave him a wry smile.

"We became really small after all was said and done, but we survived."She gave him the short answer then noticed that he was looking over her once more. She looked away hiding the slight embarrassment of his keen dark eyes scouring her pelt. She let a smile form over her features once more as the male answered her with a deep resonating chuckle. She listened as he explained the things he had been trained to do. She would have to ask him to hunt with her to test how good he was at some other time. As for guiding others Nair lumped that skill into the scout category, and then nodded as he spoke about usually being lumped into a guardian role because of his size. She had to agree that most wolves her size and up were generally looked at as either big game hunters or intimidating guardians.

She smiled and gave a curt nod as he asked her about whether her packs leaders would need a guardian. "I'm positive that we need a guardian." She said with an amused look on her face.

"I'm sorry we've been chatting this whole time and neither of us even knows who the others name is. " She stood back up lifting herself proudly while padding a few paces ahead and gesturing him to follow. Her gaze centered on his coat and the landscape around the male as she gave the stranger her name and waited for his in return. "My name is Narime Lagina... leader of Whisper Caverns. So what is the name of my new guardian?" She waited for him to come closer or to question her as Nari practically claimed him then and there as her own pack mate. She couldn't leave such a fine specimen sitting out in the rain alone.

(This post was last modified: Jun 08, 2014, 11:38 PM by Narimé.)
Adair Asherdu
@Narimé
Her pack reminded him of his birth pack, except his parents had perished and their pack did in the aftermath, he was left to wander for nearly a year after that in search of a place that reminded him of him but nothing quite measured up to Sandelwood Creek; he highly doubted anything could. "I'm glad to hear of some good news after such a catastrophe," rarely anything good came from a famine, especially coupled with extreme weather but he him and his sister had survived and Narime and her pack did as well, he supposed there was someone looking after their well-being after all.

On the topic of her pack, his ears perked forward with interest when she mentioned that she was positive that their pack needed a guardian he immediately figured out that she pulled a high rank in her pack, easily the second or leader at best and his heart thumped loud in his chest with anticipation. What luck did he have to have run into the alpha on such a crummy day, "Then I will be a great addition to your pack miss..." he realized that he did not know her name, and she did not know his, but she beat him to the question as though she'd read his mind and he smiled, wondering for a moment if the woman knew telepathy. "It's a pleasure to meet you Narime, what a unique name. I am Adair Asherdu from the Alaskan terrain of Sandelwood Creek." and another smile crept to his face, " I must say, it is strange to see a queen so far from her home, they must be worried sick over you, I'm sure it isn't often you go finding guardians in the rain." and he chuckled once more. This meeting was probably the most he'd smiled, let alone laughed, since his departure from his sister nearly a year ago. Following her orders he came to her side and walked with peaked interest toward his new home.
(This post was last modified: Jun 09, 2014, 12:07 AM by Adair.)
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Wow this is going by fast!

Adair Asherdu... She repeated the mans name in her head. ...and he says my name is unique? She chuckled inwardly while beginning to pad forward with Adair following. She wanted to get out of the storm as quickly as possible now. The rain might have ceased but the clouds still swirled a sick green color that told her nature wasn't finished with them yet.

"The pack doesn't worry over me too much, not unless I'm gone for more than a day or two. Normally I tell them when I'm going on a long pack business related journey so they don't freak out too much. " She answered honestly knowing that it would still be abnormal for a queen to be this far away from her territory during this time of year. Of course that would be so if she had pups of her own this year. If she had Nari would no doubt be staying closer to her territory.

"I have my pups from last year to teach lessons to, but no new pups of my own from this past spring. So I can travel further than most during this time of year..." Nari looked down secretly wishing she had had more pups. However it was hard for her to accept any male other than Sloane. Though she was slowly realizing that at some point she would have to trust and accept another male close to her sooner or later.

As he traveled beside her Nari swept her body along his and flicked her tail over his back to mark him as her own. She tried not to be awkward as their fur mixed before pulling away and speeding up to a lope.

Some time passed before they loped right across the border and began to head into the sparse trees that hid her subterranean home. Nari slowed to a trot and glanced back at Adair. "Welcome to Whisper Caverns territory. If you'll follow me I'll show you the den where we can dry up and weather the storm."She watched his features for any hint of relief or a smile that would tell her he was glad to be out of the meadow during an electric storm. Especially since that relief was plastered on her own face as Nari turned to lead the male to the cave.

(Exit Nari)- @Adair finish up with a final fade out post?