(See All?) Announcements
479 Users Online
Google, Viorel, Bing

I Always Find a Way — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Amber who has 20 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Klio Zariadus
All are welcome, although she'd particularly like to meet @Ash, @Narime, or one of the yearlings.

The black girl's still young howl filled the late afternoon calm with a welcome melody. Upon leaving the Mountain of Dire, Klio Zariadus had been traveling a certain way, pulled by an unknown force. She knew she now stood about five paces outside the borders of a pack. Seeking the pack's leaders, she had howled for all she was forth, although her howl had been louder and stronger than she expected.

Now the yearling let her jaws close with an audible snap, ending her call. After wandering this place, which she now knew to be a giant forest called Relic Lore, on her own, the yearling was becoming lonely and wanted a pack of her own desperately. She had scented at least one other yearling here, and knew that she could fit in here. It was only a matter of making it inside.

The black girl's ears flicked around, digging for any hint in sound that the leaders might be nearby. Of course Klio wasn't exactly looking forward to meeting the leaders... Older wolves tended to scare her a little, and they were nothing if not intimidating. She would much rather be welcomed by someone her own age, but she couldn't afford to be picky, so she'd take what she was given.

A sudden pain on her rump made her whirl around indignantly, only to find a yellow and black bee flying away. It had stung her. With a little whimper, she snapped halfheartedly at it, and only caught it because it practically died right above her jaws. After failing to remove the stinger, she twitched uncomfortably and began to sniff about for anything that might help, even though she had no useful medicinal knowledge. Her short summer coat was both a blessing and a curse.
(This post was last modified: Jun 07, 2014, 10:45 PM by Klio.)
Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
I'm power playing my own character Narime who will pop into this after they've talked a little. :)

Titan had been following his mother around since early morning. She had woken him up offering to take him along the border for a patrol. They had slowly made their way around the territory stopping to eat a couple of rabbits along the way before the howl sounded. Titan had looked to his mother wondering what to do When she asked, "What do you notice about that howl?"

"Uhh.. It was a she wolfs call by the sound of it... and she sounded younger like my age." Titan had answered his mother while looking to her quizzically. He had no clue what she was thinking right now as the she wolf looked off into the distance.

Then the young male followed his mother to the source of the call. They hid in the tall grasses downwind of the female so that she couldn't scent them then watched. Titan noticed the size of the dark she wolf and watched her snap at the air behind her. He cocked his head curiously as the stranger hopped around chasing bees.

Titan, I want you to go out there and show me what you think a guardian does. Okay? I'll tell you if you've done anything wrong once you get everything straightened out. Titan heard his mother whisper to him then locked his dark blue eyes with her own light blue ones. Quickly averting her intensely curious gaze out of respect, Titan nodded then stepped forward through the grasses. After ten wolf lengths of circling the stranger the dark Thorben stopped to look back. His mother wasn't following. Is she testing me? He wondered silently while trotting towards the stranger.

Pulling his tail up and raising his head proudly Titan let out a few yips to give away his presence so as not to startle the she wolf. As he measured her size the dark Thorben noticed the thin frame she held. Her scent quickly told him that she was a loner. Approaching the female, Titan lowed to a stop at the border before her and gazed at her emerald eyes. They were a deeper color than Danica's green orbs.

"I'm Titan Thorben prince of Whisper Caverns pack. Who are you and why have you come to these borders?" He kept himself rigid expecting either the she wolf to be rude or to submit while at the invisible line that divided the pair. The young Thorben wondered quietly if he was doing everything correctly.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young pronghorn has fallen behind its herd and starved in the snow. +5 Health
Inactive IV. Yearling
Klio Zariadus
Upon the arrival of another, Klio dropped into a textbook submissive crouch. After all, she'd had a lot of practice... No. She mustn't think of that know. She grazed the eyes of the wolf before, and blinked rapidly in surprise at the fact that he was a yearling, like her. A long exhale left her lips quietly. He introduced himself as Prince Titan Thorben of the Whisper Caverns pack.

A prince was certainly the best option the black girl could've hoped for. Titan was her age, but still in a position of authority. The royal yearling asked her name and business. Klio had to pause for a long moment. Truth be told, she had no idea on how to go about this. But, she decided the best thing she could do was to be polite and tell the entire truth. She spoke up.

"My name is Klio Zariadus. I have no pack, and I approach your borders to humbly ask if I may join your ranks. Prince Titan, I am sure I can be an asset to your pack. My size and strength would make me a good guardian, but I have interest and slight knowledge of herbs, and could learn to heal also. I promise, I will do anything you ask of me."

In her head, it had sounded strong and certain, but as the words escaped her, she thought them weaker and less capable than she had intended them. Of course, it would be up to the Prince to determine whether or not they had come out the way they had in her head... Her bee sting began to bother her again, and her left flank began to twitch uncontrollably, in the same manner as one gets an eye twitch. Unfortunately, she dared not turn and scratch at it for fear of ruining her chances of joining the Whisper Caverns pack...
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

Over the past few days, the Hervok had become much more secure in his place within the pack. He knew what others were doing and felt his leadership was much more stable now that Narimé was leading beside him. They got along as well as they could and were quite fit for one another, at least when it came to leading. It seemed like his partner was gaining more of a backbone and that always helped when it came to the pack. He supported her change, but knew that it probably had nothing to do with things he had told her. Minka had crushed part of Nari, especially part of her innocence, and that was something that would she would never be able to get back. It was sad to know this, but he knew that the lady would do what she could for her pack and for the family that had remained, which in and of itself, was not very many wolves. Luckily for Ash, he had found Athena just in the nick of time and now they were once again reunited, with the woman's new mate.

So when a stranger's call echoed from the borders, a small frown made its way onto the man's face. It had been much more occurring recently, that other wolves seemed to need the leaders presence, and not that it bothered him, but things had definitely not been as rowdy in Poison Path. He had been able to relax after some of his duties and spend time with Athena or his other subordinates when he wasn't in a mood. Either way, he knew he would have to answer the border call and fastest his pace to get to the borders on time. When he arrived, he noticed Titan's scent, as well of that of a stranger and immediately made his appearance look much taller. He strode forward, his mossy green eyes taking in the girl in front of them and listening to her shy words. Softly he snorted before replying in a strong baritone voice, "It would be more of what my partner, Narimé, and I ask of you. I'm an alpha, Ash Hervok. How well are you trained in your....skills?" He said this gruffly as he briefly glanced at Nari's hiding spot, an amused smirk on his face before he returned his gaze to the loner.

STOCK: WolfC-Stock @ DA - LucieG-Stock @ DA & Dawnthieves.de
Table by PuppyThief
(This post was last modified: Jun 08, 2014, 09:11 PM by Ash.)
Inactive IV. Yearling
Klio Zariadus
Oopsie just learned about the posting order! Looking for delete button
(This post was last modified: Jun 08, 2014, 08:18 PM by Klio.)
Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Note to @Ash Nari is there hiding in the bushes/long grasses

Titan watched the dark she wolf submit herself and felt a certain calmness wash over him. She proved to him that she was not much of a threat and that helped to boost Titan's self-esteem. His ears swiveled to the side listening to what the she wolf had to say. Another wolf with healing techniques? Though she says she would do well as a guardian too... Titan thought quietly sizing her up. The she wolf was shorter than him but certainly not the smallest female he had ever seen. She was still dwarfed by his mother and her tall stature, but otherwise Titan could imagine the girl defending the borders well enough.

His black ears twitched as the sound of approaching paw steps ushered the entrance of the lead male Ash. Titan narrowed his eyes and sighed as the male inserted himself into the situation. I hope mom doesn't take points away from me for this... The dark Thorben dutifully lowered his head, body, and tail while averting Ash's gaze. Instead as Ash proceeded to speak with Klio, Titan stepped back and padded to the right where his mother should have been watching him some short distance away.

Uttering a low "WUFF" to signal to his mother that she was needed, Titan waited and watched for her to appear through the long grasses. The young prince glanced back to Klio and Ash to see if they were watching him then shook his ruff while he waited."Speech here."

Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Posting order; Klio, Ash, Titan, and Narime

After sending her son to the border Narime had used her expert hunting skills to lay in wait without being noticed by the stranger. The silver she wolf watched her child meet with the dark furred girl then tilted her head and ears forward to listen. Nodding slowly to herself as Titan gave off the most intimidating stance he could muster without outright growling or snarling at the girl. That was correct, to try and intimidate strangers away. Though he probably shouldn't have spoken his name quite yet. Nari watched curiously from her hiding place then paused to scent the wind. She could smell Ash coming but could not see the green eyed man yet.

Nari once more checked the winds direction to make sure she wouldn't have to move her position. All the while listening to the young girls words. It seemed she wanted to join the pack, and Nari knew that they were in need of a good guardian. Ash was doing a magnificent job, but while watching Athena and doing regular patrols Nari had the feeling that the male could be getting tired. But she also spoke of healing. With Simaea gone there is no real healer to take her position. Nari thought silently. She had no clue that Kassander was their new healer, nor that Titan himself had a great interest and a basic knowledge of the healing practice.

At the sight and sound of Titan approaching her hiding place Nari smiled. He had done well despite the interruption. Arching her back to stretch firstly, Narime stood up to her full height. Then she padded forward, parting the grass as the queen went, to approach Ash and Klio. She bumped her muzzle against Titan's forehead and nodded commending him for doing a good job. Nari averted Ash's gaze as she sidled up next to him and licked his chin once before looking over the dark beauty before them more closely.

"...and I'm the alpha female Narime Lagina. "

Out of the corner of her blue eye Nari spotted Titan unsure of what to do with himself. She flicked her tail to get his attention. Then gestured for him to come closer. He wasn't out of his lesson quite yet.

(This post was last modified: Jun 09, 2014, 01:45 AM by Narimé.)
Inactive IV. Yearling
Klio Zariadus
When the other alpha walked up to the exchange between herself and the Prince, Klio sank into a lower position still. She had made a mistake. A cold, taunting voice filled her ears and she shivered, despite the relative warmth. In her head, she growled and chased of the sneering tone of her foster mother. Sounding a little more self-assured this time, she answered the male alpha.

"My apologies for my mistake, sir. I am only a yearling, but I had to grapple with a trained border patrol to escape my birth pack, and since then I fought with coyotes, foxes, and a few other animals in order to survive and make it here. As for healing, I know mostly what not to use, but I learn more every day and can recognize some basic herbs. For example, right there is a patch of goldenrod, which can be used for sore throats, cuts, bruises, and other wounds." Klio motioned to a nearby patch of the golden flowers, which was heavily populated with bees. After it left her maw, the midnight furred yearling knew her words could've sounded considerably stronger, yet she couldn't have found better words. Her eyes respectfully grazed Ash's mossy green ones, then Narimé's, searching for any small hint of emotion. Although she had enjoyed life as a loner, she desperately missed the safety and atmosphere of a pack, and if she was lucky, this could be her new home.

Klio didn't want to have to leave with disgrace riding heavy on her shoulders, so she added "Really, that's all I've done so far. Whatever I can do to be of use to you both, I am more than happy to do." It may not have been the best action she could've taken, but then again, Klio didn't exactly know how to go about joining a pack.