(See All?) Announcements
493 Users Online
Bing, Google

Maiden of the morning mist — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Luna who has 17 posts.
Inactive VI. Yearling
Vectra Alaina
Vectra needed a pack, she knew this. She had heard rumors of two nearby, but she decided to go to the one with less members in it, as it sounded as though they would likely have more use for her, Their numbers being smaller out of the two she heard of. Padding closer to the borders she began to smell the scent markers. It seemed she was arriving at the packs territory. Deciding it was best not to invade she waited at what smelled to be right outside their territory. Sitting down Vectra looked around curiously. If they had enough members they would have a patrol coming around their borders soon enough.

Vectra decided that just sitting here would be kinda disturbing, she finally let loose a howl. Announcing her arrival, the sound was peaceful, showing she meant no ill will and merely wished to speak with a member of high standing. The call finishing she knew all she could do now was wait. So that is what she did.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Holding your fate

There happened to someone patrolling, but he was not in sight of the young female yet. The dark wolf with a white patched chest was inspecting a different part of his border when her light call for someone important reached his ears. Curious, they twitched, his mind replaying the sound of it. He was not yet sure he should believe the intent carried in the note. Didn't most come that way? Appearing as something, when you could just never be sure. But, it had been a while since anyone had joined the Bend, and this female did happen to be asking rather than barging in. A heavy snort, heavy paws shoved from the ground, and he followed his nose to this asking stranger.

Orange-yellow eyes settled upon her from a distance, as he continued to work his way through the tree line. Maybe, she would see him. He made no subtle way of his presence. Head carried tall with his tail, and his stride stiff with purpose, and not exactly silent. The leader noted she was just at their borders, and the scent she carried spoke of a young age. He would not have guessed that by her size. Coming closer it was her mud browned coat, and pale face that him bemused. He would have assumed she was an aging wolf. Triell wore a dark serious mask, letting his gaze bore into her own bright eyes as his first test. They didn't need a wolf who couldn't accept orders, and respect those higher. Stopping a short distance, he got straight to asking questions. "What reasons do you have for wanting to join Oak Tree Bend? What can you do for us?"
Inactive VI. Yearling
Vectra Alaina
Vectra did indeed see the dark wolf come, she remained where she stood. As the male got straight to his inquires she had easily noted his posture and standing, this was clearly one of the leaders of the pack. Knowing that a pack needs members that can help its cause it made sense that the male was questioning her reason for coming here, a warm smile in place she calmly answered "I am a decent huntress, and I seek to become a fighter. Of course I did not come to join your pack to show off my skills... to be honest, more to make friends, though I will be happy to help out in any way needed" Vectra did not like to flaunt, in any way. It was just rude, so telling this man how she could improve their pack kind of embarrassed her, as she was telling him how good she was. She never liked to think she was better then anyone. But she did not show this, simply put on a kind smile, she wasn't going to be impolite.

It might have been possible that her displeasure at flaunting might have shown in her eyes, as Vectra glanced down at the ground when she spoke of her ability's, seeming displeased at having to tell them. But she would answer this man's questions truthfully, even if she didn't like it.
(This post was last modified: Jun 28, 2014, 07:43 PM by Vectra.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Holding your fate

As the young lady spoke Triell's hard stare did not loosen, but he did like how she chose to answer: to the point and what seemed to be honestly. It appeared she seemed a little embarrassed telling him she was a good hunter, or was it how she wanted to become a fighter? For now it didn't quite seem to matter or bother him. It was her young age, and mention of making friends he more wondered if that meant she had been alone for awhile. Wolves were not designed to flourish alone, and he had never cared for the few times he had been. What had separated her from family? Surely, she must have had a pack not too long ago.

"Well we could use a decent Hunter, and with time we could see if you're fit for a Guardian. I'm a bit more curious what has brought a yearling from her home to my borders. You suffer from wanderlust?" They didn't need a wolf flaking out on them, and if she was seeking something neither of them could be sure she would find it in Oak Tree Bend. While at this point he was a bit willing to give her a first chance,as most often got, he couldn't quite accept her without trying to peel back more layers. His children were still young,small, and he was less inclined to allow any asking stranger into his home. So it was with another question he waited, watching her closely, seeing if his first instincts were right, or if he should be chasing her off.

(This post was last modified: Jul 10, 2014, 01:34 AM by Triell.)
Inactive VI. Yearling
Vectra Alaina
Vectra's tail swayed once when the male mentioned that they might have some use for her "I left my family that I was in before because they... they never really let me help them. I didn't just want to be hanging around doing nothing, I wanted to carry my part of the burden. And they didn't really allow me to do that..." Vectra decided that she would not add on that her family wanted to do everything for her, that they treated her like some fragile doll when she wasn't. Maybe that information just felt to personal to share with him currently. Tilting her head when he asked the last part of his question she added on "What is wanderlust? is that where a person enjoys wandering? why would they do that, that's just silly" her youthfulness did not understand why someone would not want to be a part of a pack, as she thought there was so much to gain from it.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Holding your fate
It seemed a bit strange her family rarely let her do for the pack. Turning a year old usually meant stepping into adult roles, learning for the time ahead. A very important part of growing up. Though his nephews had experienced a huge loss he still had expected Sceral and Serach to join the ranks as adults, do their part. He wasn't sure he believed her fully. The leader's face did not waver, nor did he inquire further just yet. He replied, "I see," indifferently. She seemed set on being part of a pack, helping it thrive, so he would put her to the test. If she really didn't meant what she said, he would worry about that later. After a moment he spoke again. "What is your name miss? If you're going to be part of our family, best know what to call you. I'm Triell Tainn."

A grin shifted on the side of his muzzle upon her comment."Something like that." It was more than an enjoyment of walking to no where, but she seemed to get the idea. A dark ear twitched back, brows furrowing briefly. "Why is that a silly idea to you?" He asked, merely curious upon the young lady's thoughts on the issue. She had had to wander to get here after all. The whole thing didn't sound appealing nor logical to her by the tone of her voice.

Inactive VI. Yearling
Vectra Alaina
Vectra smiled as the wolf seemed to be more welcoming to her now "my name is Vectra." she answered with a single wag of her tail before tilting her head when he spoke again "well its just so lonely on your own, I would not understand why someone would enjoy that..." she said honestly confused about why in the world they would. Vectra herself hated her nights alone in the cold. She had almost died on a occasion or two. Being alone was dangerous, she hated it. And she had only been like that for a few months. She couldn't fathom people doing it for years.

Vectra looked at the male taking in his black coloration. Then another innocent question comes forth from her "what kind of wolf are you?" she asked, honestly Vectra was getting way to comfortable talking with him... but she is still young after all. Tail wagged slowly behind her as she blurted out this oddball question out of the blue, completely off topic but still curious about it.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Holding your fate

Silently, he placed her name in memory with her image and scent. A low chuckle sounded at her response. "When you put it that way, I don't know either." He had not met any wolf,fellow or lady, who liked life apart from a pack. There was little to be gained by life alone. Those who had been around last winter had encountered it first hand. Since it did not sound appealing to Vectra in the least, there was hope she would stick around, find a place among their pack.

Another chuckle, more amused than before, burst from his throat. He had never been asked that, though no doubt some had wondered the same thing. There was no doubt Triell was of a different sort. He did things unlike others of his kind. He had helped complete strangers with nothing to gain, given out chances to loners to prove their worth, had a friend who had abandoned his pack for her own. He would rather easily grin and laugh than anger. It was with pause he carefully tried to put his answer. Was there a way to describe himself in short? With a sly grin he answered, "I'll say this. I'm a wolf with a bite worse than my bark, a wolf who likes to give the benefit of the doubt, and a wolf strongly protective of my family, my friends. Is that a wolf you can follow?"

Inactive VI. Yearling
Vectra Alaina
Vectra smiled at what she heard from this male, he seemed noble, loyal. A all around great leader. Someone she would happily follow. Tail wagged happily a few times behind her before she nodded "indeed, it is a wolf I would happily follow" she said back. Firey eyes filled with innocence in their youth, nobody would guess she would grow to be a fighting warrior soon. Loyal, brave as well would she be, but fearless and willing to kill if needed. Vectra was a youngling currently, but she was quickly growing into a powerful female. But for now she was a innocent, full of life and happiness.

Vectra could now only wait for the alpha's decision, would he accept her into the ranks, or run her off, it was his choice. She just hoped she did not have to continue to remain a loner, it was a horrible existence.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Holding your fate

We shall see, he mused silently behind his black facade, his grin still holding to his lips. Spoken promises, and hopeful words usually had little weight from strangers. One chance was all she would get as he had said. Maybe, her determination to prove herself would be all she needed to stay. Sure by her answer, without hesitance he strode forward, stopping a breath in front of her. "Good, then consider yourself a wolf of Oak Tree Bend." Then he forcefully bushed his shoulder to hers, marking her with his scent so the rest of the pack would know she now belonged in their realm. While he planned to take her to the den site, it didn't mean everyone would be there for a proper introduction.

Swiftly, he stepped back, one wag of his raised banner. Then abruptly jerked his head, gesturing to the woods. "Come," he commanded, "I'll show you where you can hide extra food, because I'll be expecting you to fill caches as your first task. Then you'll need to know where to get a proper drink. I wouldn't recommend any water source south of here," he muttered. Without waiting he began his long strides, knowing exactly where he was going while hardly noticing the landscape change. Hopefully she was smart enough to follow, and listen closely to his instructions. He was a little eager to get back and make sure things were as he had left them. Moving along, orange eyes glimpsed the red hills that peaked through the trees now and again. Sharply, he turned, and continued to explain things to the newcomer. "Then you can see the den. For the time being it belongs to my mate Nayeli, and our two children: Darrah and Zera so expect you to take caution around it. Also keep an eye for any trouble near by." Triell didn't want to overload her so he quieted, letting her soak in this new information while they walked.

(This post was last modified: Jul 29, 2014, 02:14 AM by Triell.)