(See All?) Announcements
462 Users Online
Bing, Google

Blackbird singing in the dead of night — Whisper Caverns 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
I swear I had made a post of this at some point. But I don't know where it went. Sorry about that Nams!!

Slipping past Kassander, the lean silver hunter kept her nose up scenting each breeze and draft of moving air trying to pick out which of the four animals was weaker than the others. As far as she could tell all were relatively healthy which didn't bode well for a hunt. However they could always try.

"Simple plan really. We take turns chasing the deer to tire it out. Then we try to take it out using whatever energy we have left. I've just got to figure out which one to target."

Nari spoke gently as she skimmed the surface of the ground silently.

"If the deer are too healthy and we get too tired it might be a better idea to end the hunt early. I would rather not spend the energy on something we definitely can't take down."

Flicking her tail up in a "follow me" gesture, Nari's legs brought her closer and closer to the enticing scent of deer. They would probably figure out quickly during the chase whether they had any chance of a meal tonight or not.

Soon they were close enough to hear the tiny group of cloven hooved creatures crashing through the leaf litter. Either they were playing or the deer were traveling. Nari wasn't so sure of which activity the larger animals were up to right now. All she knew is that they were making lots of noise which helped to keep them hidden. Creeping closer and watching the animals silently like a shadow, Narime narrowed her gaze on the thinnest one. A young buck, still in velvet with only a tiny sprig-like pair of horns sticking out of his head.

Targeting that deer and pushing her nose out to point at it for Kassander to see, the woman then waited and watched as the two yearling deer played with each other. They pranced about unworried about their surroundings while the two full adults nibbled on bushes and twigs. Nodding her head once ready to go, Nari Sprang forward targeting the youngest male and nipping at his haunches as the deer turned to flee.

Now the chase was on, and the gray wolf hoped her hunting partner was ready and doing his part.

faestock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Namara who has 57 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kassander Mikhailovich

He would follow her silent and spoke instructions down to the last syllable. Chasing the deer to tire it down and then taking it out seemed easy enough. He followed as she commanded and he knew that from then on out, it was utter silence until the hunt was over and they could feast. Narime took off for the youngest buck and Kassander was soon next to her, his eyes narrowed in focus and determination as the sooty man nipped at the deer's haunches and the back of the deer's left side. They were going to take this prey down and they were going to feast like it was no one's business. He hadn't even noticed it before but he was noticing it as he chased.

His stomach was rumbling.

It only pushed him to continue forth. He was determined to let Nari make the first move as queen to take down the deer because he felt like he'd be rubbish at it. He loved hunting, it was his second favorite thing to healing. He remembered how his parents had punished him for it but he shook off those depressing thoughts as soon as they pushed up. If he distracted himself during the hunt, then things would most likely turn ugly as they always did. With a deep breathe he tried to get a firm grip on the deer but it kept slipping from his jaws. He shot a quick glance to Nari in hopes that she could start the take down.

Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Two wolves really can't take down a healthy deer so Ima be realistic with this.

Narime keeps an eye on both Kassander and the deer as the three creatures speed onward over the stiff brown grasses. They kept it moving keeping the beast away from cover and tried to tire it out. However Nari was keen to notice how none of Kassander's nips or bites would hit their mark. The deer was agile, too agile for them to give it a good injury. Defeat was beginning to sink into the womans mind, but instead of letting herself slow down to stop the chase the gray wolf sped up. Her paws churned as she took the healers silent cues and with one last mad dash Nari surged forward lunging at the deers chest and neck.

She wasn't a fast wolf, and Nari should have known what was going to happen. The deer outran her, turning to the left to avoid the she wolf and let out a ferocious kick with its back legs. Nari reacted on instinct stiffening her legs and allowing herself to fall downwards and forwards to escape the hooves flying a hairsbreadth over her crown. Then the she wolf tumbled safely down the shallow hill till she stopped. Her breathing came in sharp gasps as Nari's body figures out whether its injured or not. Then tentatively she raises her head. The world spun for a moment before her eyes focused on the small yellow flowers next to her. Her breath begins to return to normal as the queen assesses herself and checks for injuries.

I cannot believe I didn't get a sprained ankle or something from that... Her disbelieving thoughts echoed as Nari slowly puts weight on her legs and tests them. She was shaky, but nothing hurt; that fact alone had Nari thanking whatever gods, spirits, or goddesses there were. Lowering herself to the ground again just to rest and relax her sore muscles, Nari then looked around for Kassander. A whine echoed past her jaws as she looks for her friend and pack mate hoping that he was okay.

"Speech"

faestock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Namara who has 57 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kassander Mikhailovich

Everything happened at lightning speed. Kassander had been so close to the deer, trying to nip at it when it got away. He heard a thud and the wind was knocked out of him. A hoof striking his fur and knocking him backwards. He hissed at the pain, his eyes admittedly watering as he bit down on his teeth. He felt something wet against his fur and he looked at his shoulder. Part of the hoof had hit it and caused blood to be shed. He looked at the leader, rushing over to her in order to insure that she was alright. He was going to tend to her before himself. He could afford that much and he was insignificant. She seemed fine, no wounds that he could see.

Once Kassander had determined that the alpha was fine, he examined his wound. Everything ached but the blood was the main concern. "I have to get to my stores." It was the first words he had said since the hunt as he turned towards the pack den's location before struggling his way along. It was an abrupt leave but that was to be expected. His head ached as he made his way into the den and then into the herb storage which happened to be where he slept. He grabbed herbs and mashed them up, applying them properly to his main injury. He gulped, knowing that he would be fine. Why did he get so close that the deer could kick at him?

Exit