(See All?) Announcements
489 Users Online
Isla, Bing, Google, Viorel

tiptoe through the tulips — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Siki who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>'Brave' wouldn't quite have been the word Kinis chose, but he didn't contest it. The snippet of personal information surprised the boy; four years... that must have roughly been his current age. So he had only recently left his home pack? Not that Kinis' actions really counted as 'leaving', seeing as how he had come scurrying back so quickly.

Kinis turned his hear and an ear perked up automatically as Alexander dropped his voice, though the boy took the hint from its quietness and chose not to comment on the words he caught. At least he was offered a question as distraction. <b>"Kinda,"</b> he admitted with no shortage of embarrassment. <b>"Though I don't really... I don't know what I'm gonna do. I mean, I just... I left..."</b> Did Alexander know Ruiko? Would mentioning his brother do any good? Even if he did, Kinis doubted that he himself had ever been a topic of conversation. His fear of Ruiko's disappointment was partly borne from a greater fear that Ruiko had been compelled to care at all - better disappointment than apathy. His ears flattened, and his expression and body language better conveyed <i>'and I feel like a fool'</i> than anything he could have voiced.</blockquote>
<center>user posted image
<i>at least... that's where I'm supposed to be...</i></center>
Played by Bryony who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
Alexander sighed, wishing he could see a bit of himself in Kinis. Unfortunately, when he'd "left" home, he was already old. Not to mention disoriented. Pulled out of his homeland by the humans, and brought somewhere near here to live out the rest of his life. He'd been guilty at first, but it had worn away when he'd met others, and found a new place to call home. But Kinis had already found his way back home. He just wasn't sure why he was so unmotivated just to go back.

<b style="color:#51b85f">"Kinis..." Alexander sighed, giving up on fishing before he'd even really started. <b style="color:#51b85f">"You're still just a boy. They're your family. You made a little mistake. They won't stop loving you." He looked over the boy with a solemn gaze, wondering what he would say. <b style="color:#51b85f">"If you need a few days to think it through, you're more than welcome to join me at the mountain. Better than wandering around, hungry, down here." His offer was serious as well, and was conveyed through his gaze. He worried that it might cause a bit of trouble if the Swift River wolves found out, perhaps thinking that Alexander had kidnapped a Tainn, but he just wanted to help the boy. That was all. <b style="color:#51b85f">"speech."

Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>The scrutiny wasn't pleasant, especially because Kinis was so acutely aware of it happening, but he sat there and took it. It was the least he deserved. The older wolf's words struck home, causing an extremely mixed reaction in Kinis; on the one hand, he was delighted to think that all would be forgiven, and things could go back to normal. On the other... it just made him feel like more of an idiot. He was still experiencing reluctance to just skip on back, which went in direction contrast with his hopeful agreement of Alex's comments. What was wrong with him?

The generous offer which followed took Kinis by surprise, and the boy looked up sharply at Alex, stunned but flattered. For a moment, he seriously contemplated it. He wasn't sure why, but he did trust Alex, and he hadn't heard anything truly bad said about the pack on the hill - and nothing about this white leader seemed false. Inherent paranoia and nerves stalled him, but in the end, he said slowly, <b>"I... that's really kind of you. I think... I would like that. Could I - could I have some time to think on it? I want to..."</b> He left it unsaid, unable to vocalise his plan in a way that didn't make it sound silly.

Then, for the first time, he seemed to cheer up, his tail giving a brief wag of genuine gratitude and pleasure at the notion. He recognised Alex as superior, even if, in his experience, he wasn't quite sure how high the wolf was... probably leader, though, to have made such an offer without needing to consult anyone else. He reeked of authority, too. Ever the submissive one, Kinis promptly reacted in the only way he really knew how, shuffling himself closer to Alex so that he could brush the wolf's chin with his tongue, cementing his thanks. He pulled back a little, then glanced up to the rather intimidating sight of the snow-covered mountain range. <b>"Is there any, um, special path up there? Or should I just follow the mark of your pack?"</b></blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
He expected such a reaction from the boy after his offer had been laid out. But he was a little surprised that the boy was actually going to consider it. It wasn't an empty offer, no, but Alexander was surprised nonetheless. Probably just as surprised as Kinis was. That the wolf trusted him enough to be willing to find shelter within the boundaries of Midnight Plateau. Alexander almost felt sort of...Honored. Being trusted by anyone was a spectacular thing. He lived for it. <b style="color:#51b85f">"Think as long as you want. It's an open offer. " The gray wolf smiled and nodded.

The boy was kind, and it made Alex happy to know that he could make this wolf happy. He appreciated the submissive gesture, and followed Kinis's eyes when he looked up to the mountain. He supposed it could be a bit intimidating. <b style="color:#51b85f">"It would probably be better to just follow my markings." The leader chuckled, looking back down to Kinis. <b style="color:#51b85f">"Just be careful, if you do decide to take me up on my offer." Turning away from the mountain, he shuffled his shoulders. <b style="color:#51b85f">"speech."

Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>As Alexander's generosity continued to display itself, Kinis couldn't help but feel relieved knowing that he had options now, at least. It was better than anything he had previously, that was for sure. Now with the potential safe haven of the mountains open to him, the boy was able to relax a little and fight the constant worry.

Listening to Alexander's advice regarding the mountain, Kinis nodded, understanding. He had never been up there before - if he did ever get the opportunity to take the white wolf up on his offer, it would be an adventure in its own right. "Thank you," he said softly, unable to hold back the reiteration of his gratitude. With that, it almost seemed like the matter was concluded, though it was selfish to walk away now that he had gotten 'what he wanted' - not that he had ever intended to ask anything of the wolf. Somewhat uneasy with the concept of falling into silence - he felt safe around Alexander, but hardly knew him well enough to be socially comfortable - Kinis licked his lips and tried to think of a topic. His eyes fell to the waterfall, and his natural penchant for questions soon came to his aid. In an abrupt change of topic, he turned to Alexander and asked, <b>"Do you know what happened to the water?"</b></blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
Alexander remembered, barely, his first encounter with the boy. It was certainly different now. There was more trust, and a bit less pity. Kinis wasn't as young as he was then. But the young boy had been looking for water at the time, wandering aimlessly through the Wildwood, parched and alone. Alexander couldn't help but feel bad for him at the time. He shouldn't have been on his own...But the water was back now. Oh boy, was it back. Alex took a look at the waterfall, which was the most perfect example of the abundance of water.

It was odd that Kinis asked about it now. Alexander hadn't thought much about the drought since it had happened, so his mind snapped to attention at the question. <b style="color:#51b85f">"Oh! Yes! A whole lot of rocks had fallen far up the mountain, blocking the source. Amelie, my mate, and I managed to dislodge them." What a triumphant day that had been. Though, he had no wish to relive it if it meant reliving the drought. <b style="color:#51b85f">"speech."

Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>The change of topic seemed to be a fruitful one, and Kinis' eyes widened as he heard of Alexander's heroism. If he was telling the truth - and surely he was, why would the kind wolf lie? - then he must understand that his actions had practically saved the entire region. They had certainly saved Swift River, and by consequence, Ruiko! Was it possible to have so much admiration and adoration for someone who wasn't family? This feeling was utterly alien to Kinis, who had never had heroes outside of his older family members. Was it so strange to place that attachment on a relative stranger?

Not wanting to allow his amazed, awed expression to make him look like a fool, Kinis quickly shut the jaw that had fallen slightly open and smiled, distracted. <b>"Wow,"</b> he breathed, holding back most of his enthusiasm, <b>"that's... wow."</b> What should he do? <i>Thank</i> him for saving all their lives? The nonchalant manner the white wolf had treated it almost made Kinis feel embarrassed for being so affected by it. Perhaps living with Alexander on the mountain would be such a good idea if he was this amazing. <b>"You're Relic Lore's hero,"</b> he laughed, slightly nervously, completely inadequate in comparison.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
Alexander chuckled as the boy's jaw dropped slightly, and he smiled embarrassedly. It was a big deal, Alexander knew that, but he didn't like making a big deal about it. The attention was too much for him. It was a coincidence. That was all. Anyone could have been climbing the mountain and found the source of the trouble. He shook his head, the smile dwindling into something more normal. Hero? Oh no! What a title. The smile stretched out again, and he sucked in a breath.

<b style="color:#51b85f">"I'm hardly a hero, Kinis. Anyone could have found the problem," His eyes drifted towards the mountain. <b style="color:#51b85f">"I just happened to be one of the only wolves living on the mountain." His tail curled around his paws, and he dipped his head. <b style="color:#51b85f">"I think I'd like you to meet Amelie, one day. I think you'd like her. She's far braver than I am. " The gray male laughed, and his tail began to wag. He liked this kid, he really did. It made him sad to see Kinis wandering around on his own, no family, even though they were only a mile or so away, if even that. <b style="color:#51b85f">"speech."

Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>He refused to agree with Alexander's modest rebuttals, but, out of an interest not to actively disagree, Kinis did not press the point. It didn't matter if Alexander thought it no big deal. In truth, that just elevated him to new levels of amazing, and the boy was more than happy with that. It was always reassuring to know that you were casually idolising the right people.

<b>"I'd like that too,"</b> he said quietly, duly humbled. All things considered, it might have just been easier to go to the mountain after all; fears of disappointment and unfriendliness and <i>not being wanted</i> still haunted his every moment. Here, he was being offered kindliness and a home. Everything inside him screamed to take it, but, like a dog with a long leash, this was as far as his tether would reach. Just because he couldn't return to his kennel didn't mean he wanted to abandon that opportunity. Family. It was all Kinis knew, and he felt starved, empty. Like he was missing a piece of himself. As such, his next question came out almost without him realising; it was just as soft as his previous gratitude and, on the surface, fairly innocuous, but somehow it exposed a weakness as if opening up a small window into his deepest motivations.

<b>"Do you... do you have family on the mountain, then, Alexander?"</b>

Can one trade in blood relatives for friendly strangers? Did the temptation to do so make him a bad person?</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
Alexander began to wonder if he should even be speaking to the boy. As much as he adored him, admittedly, he felt that speaking of the mountain and of Ame and the Plateau was wrong. He'd already said that, though, hadn't he? Either aloud, or at least he'd thought it. Kinis needed to be with his family. Though, the boy wasn't as young as he was when Alexander had first met him. Alexander didn't want to end up in the midst of a family spat, but would stand by Kinis's side. But maybe Alexander was thinking about it too hard.

Pulled from his thoughts, Alexander pondered the boy's question, <b style="color:#51b85f">"None of blood," The male admitted, with a sad edge to his voice. He wondered if, one day, he would see his mother and father wandering up the mountain side. <b style="color:#51b85f">"But I consider my members my family. A pack should be a family, whether or not you're blood. Otherwise, you can't be expected to function properly." His nose twitched, and his tail swept over the cold earth. <b style="color:#51b85f">"speech."