655 Users Online
Google, Bing, Neo

Skinny Love — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Deacon

Tags: @Myrrhis and @Mapplethorpe

The boy had been asleep for a while. He was unsure just how long it had been though. Blinking his eyes a few times he awoke to find himself in the jaws of his new friend (and caretaker) Myrrhis or Mrrrh as Deacon would call her. Looking around wide eye he saw trees. His home had trees! They must be home!

Trying not to squirm to much as Mrrrh held onto his scruff he couldn't help but call out excited. "We home! We home!" Deacon wasn't aware that these trees were not his beloved willows. No, these were tall almost scary looking trees. Yet none of that would cross his mind. He was simply excited to be home! Or at least at a home. With his body starting to wiggle more at the moment he chuckled lightly to himself. Between being held by the scruff and wiggling it kind of tickled the boy. "You let me down now?" He asked eagerness springing in his voice. Deacon wanted to let his mother, father, brothers, whole pack know he had returned from his adventures! He wanted to tell them about those shooting stars he watched with Mrrrh and about him bravely chasing the rain. Maybe they would praise him like the sometimes did when he did well or good.

His paws were itching to set on the ground again. After his nap his legs were not as sore nor were his paws. Like always the prince was ready to move again. Always having to be on the go!

the princes of willow ridge
Deacon & Greer & Castiel
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Silvia who has 57 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Myrrhis "Myrrh" Flint
It had taken some time to get back to her home and thankfully, Deacon had remained asleep for most of it. Yet as they drew closer to the borders, he begun to wake up and start to squirm in her grip, chanting that they were home. Again, her heart did a weird flip at the mention of a home from the young prince. This wasn't his home and he didn't seem to notice that the trees surrounding him weren't ones he probably were used to. But as Myrrhis had manged to tell herself earlier, tere was no way she could else him alone without regretful feelings of doing so.

Sighing as well as she could around his scruff, she gave into his eager request to be put down and pausing to lower him to the ground gently, she let him go. "Stay by my side alright Deacon? I do not want you to become lost again." She asked him seriously, beginning to walk towards the border again, only to pause again as she crossed the borders. Could she bring the boy over them without telling her leaders first? Surely they would understand if she did? "Deacon, could you promise me to be on your best behaviour for now? Can you do that for me?"

If she was to introduce him to the leaders and ask them to allow him to live with them for now, then the boy being on his best behaviour would greatly help towards his cause. Cautiously, Myrrhis lifted her head and called for @Mapplethorpe.
(This post was last modified: Jul 06, 2014, 10:58 AM by Myrrhis.)
Played by Grey who has 258 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Mapplethorpe

Much like he had a few days ago, the grizzled Leader of Hollowheart Keep had kept to himself, checking on Naira just once before he continued to seek out the solitude he now almost constantly craved. He was just on his way to check on his son and daughter, who was more than likely being looked after Chulyin or Sagacity while their parents took a break, when a call summoned him from his agenda at hand. He slowly turned his head towards the direction of the subordinate's call. In his head he did a mental roll call. In all actuality though, he had absolutely no memory of recalling what Evann or Quicksilver's voices sounded like, if he had ever heard them at all. He turned around in a small half-circle after recalling that they had recently acquired another young woman for their ranks. With half-lidded eyes, he sighed and started on his way with his tail curved upward into the air behind him.

The dull ache of his shoulders, neck, and spine accompanied him as he went, his legs and chest seemingly much too thin for a wolf whose resources multiplied during the warmer summer months. Even his face was a bit too gaunt, adding to the daunting and intimidating facade he commonly maintained. His footsteps carried him to the borders, but what he saw there - the new pack member (whose name he thought to start with an "M") and a cub (whose markings reminded him of his step-children and adopted charges Adonis, Nova, Mercy, and Karpos) - immediately made him stall. Just like he had when Sagacity had come to the edges of Nomads Pass, Mapplethorpe issued a curt and brief growl and a flash of his off-white teeth.

He thought of Asphodel and Hemlock hidden away in the depths of the Keep as his goldenrod irises focused on the youth; the boy had to have been roughly as old as his own. A scowl formed on his masked face and he straightened up to wordlessly let them know that he was the one in charge around here. His russet ears came forward and his tongue slithered out between his teeth before withdrawing back into his proper place, "What is that doing here?"

Deacon

When Mrrh agreed to let go of him Deacon yipped happy. As soon as his paws set on the ground he did a little bounce before sticking close to Mrrrh's side. As his caretaker asked him to be on his best behavior he nodded quickly a bit to excited to seem like a lost pup. "I good!" Giving Mrrh a toothy grin the boy wagged his tail as if everything in the world was just right.

Deacon was tempted to howl with her but he figured it might be more exciting just to surprise his mother and father he was home! Sitting down it was obvious he was trying to contain himself by the small fidgets he made or by his tail sweeping the ground. It wasn't too long till a large figure made it's way toward Deacon and his new friend. He looked just like his dad too! Not thinking much about it he stood up making a wide smile from ear to ear. "What is that doing here?" Those words caused the prince to frown slightly. Was his father going blind?! It was his own son not a...that.

As an attempt to make this stranger (who Deacon mistook for his father) more joyed to see his pup face the boy ran up to him excited. "Dad! Dad!" With the lightest bit of effort the Archer-Lyall boy would try to reach the man's chin and lick it. "I home!" To say he was confused as to why his father greeted him such a manner was an understatement. He was use to people being happy to see him. So why was his father acting so strange?

Deacon & Greer & Castiel
(This post was last modified: Jul 06, 2014, 07:14 PM by Deacon.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Myrrhis "Myrrh" Flint
It was long before the male leader of her pack appeared and for a moment, Myrrhis was worried for him. He didn’t look as healthy as a wolf should look in the warmer months but she couldn’t question him, not until the reason for her bringing an unknown pup back to the pack was fully explained.

Bowing low to the ground, her eyes downcast and with ears and tail tucked close, Myrrhis answered with a steady voice. ”I found him on his own while on a trip outside the borders, for some herbs. He was too young to leave on his own so I thought it best that he be brought back with me until his parents could be found. I understand you have pups of your own to care for but please, he will not be here for long and he will be under my care-“ Just then, Deacon surged forward and attempted to lick the larger male’s chin, calling him dad and shouting that he was home.

“Deacon!” Myrrhis was terrified for the pup, the worst springing to her mind at the thought that the pup was going to be hurt by the other or worse. ”What did I tell you about being on your best behaviour?” Trying to sound just stern enough for the boy, Myrrhis glanced over to the older male, feverishly hoping that Deacon would listen to her and that her leader would take no offense to her young charge. ”Now come back to me and let the adults talk okay?”
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Grey who has 258 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Mapplethorpe

Myrrhis readily explained, though only a portion of her words were heard as the cub between them bounded forward, tail whipping about at the air and oblivion veiled over his young, blue-toned eyes. "Deacon!" the subordinate practically shrieked, calling to the youth. She continued to lightly scold him, to remind him that he was to be on his best behavior while she and Mapplethorpe talked. In the meantime, the grizzly Leader had tilted his head momentarily before looking down at the cub with disdain. Did that cub just call him... "Dad?"

Mapplethorpe's fur continued to bristle, the tawny tufts of his fur forming thin spikes all along his back. He did not yell, however, and the next few words that came forth from his lips were uttered with careful diction that quietly and forcefully demanded for Myrrhis' attention, "So you brought the cub instead of the herbs, subordinate? Is that what I'm hearing?" He eyed the woman through narrowed eyes, only a fraction of his golden irises visible through his black-lined lids. Even though his body detested him for doing so, he locked his elbows and knees, lifting his head and ears high before lifting his lips just enough to flash his teeth once more.

Then, his face suddenly morphed. No longer was his muzzle wrinkled or his hackles raised. He glanced down at Deacon with a glare before lifting his eyes to stare at Myrrhis square in the face. "Are you aware of what you might have done?" he then questioned, the look on his face - with his eyes wide and expectant, and his ears cupped forward - plainly expecting her honesty and every bit of her attention. His voice lowered into a hiss and he advanced to press his nose against the lower-ranking woman's own. "Where did you find this cub?" His right ear twitched, expecting Myrrhis to look away as was expected of her. "Lie to my face and I swear that this will be the last time you'll set foot here. Why did you bring it with you? Don't you understand the danger you have possibly put us in?!"

Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep
• NAIRA •
I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion

The warmth of the sun eased some of the ache in her hips but it could not cover the stiffness in her steps, nor the tell-tale way her rear seemed to sway as though detached from her front by a pivot joint in her spine. Idleness drove her to be snippy with her children and some of their rougher games drew sharp yelps when they collided with her. Confident the still gawky pups would not wander far without one of their diligent members knowing so, she placed the children at the entrance of the den and gave them a chuff to stay in place. They were good children and she had no doubt they would endure their temporary confinement well until someone else came by to supervise them out in the sun.

What had initially begun as a quick trip to relieve herself, soon turned in to a more leisurely stroll. Her muscles loosened with the movement, the blood pumping through her joints further adding to her own elation. The ache was still there of course but as long as she didn’t push herself she should be ok... until tonight when she laid her head down to rest.

She was surprised to hear the howl of Myrrhis, unless she had brought a loner to the border why on earth would she feel the need to call? Intrigued, Naira continued her leisurely stroll, expecting to come across either @Sagacity or @Chulyin with a report on the strangeness, instead, her ears were met with the frustrated tones of her mate. Her brows drew down as her steps became more stiff by design, her chest filling with the scents of their home and something... that set her fur on edge.

Even with her injuries, she was still an imposing sight when riled. Her tail flagged high over her spine, lips drawn back from her teeth and low, dangerous growl left her chest. Even from this short distance she could smell the tang of willows that laced the child’s coat, the clear mark of others. Of a pack. Having felt it herself she was well aware of the wrath a mother could incur on anyone who dared to take a child from her. “What. Have. You. Done?” She carefully enunciated, fire sparking in the depths of her golden eyes. Her breaths were deep and steady, but already saliva pooled in her mouth and began to drip a feral trail from the side of her mouth.

She had thought this one had sense. Clearly she had been mistaken.

template base by GINNYSAURUS | image by GREY
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Deacon

Mrrrh was quick to yell at him. Grumbling and huffing he looked to her wide eyes. "Mrrrrh!" Deciding not to argue in front of his 'father' Deacon shuffled over to Mrrrh. Sitting underneath her he looked around not paying attention to the adult conversation. He usually found them boring and not consisting of his matters.

Letting his blue eyes look around for a bit longer who soon noticed another female showing herself. It was obvious she was displeased by the way she acted. Tail high, lip pulled, low deep growls, saliva dripping. Scared Deacon quickly pulled himself back to hide in between his caretaker's legs. This woman was certainly not his mother and he was almost happy for that. Did she always act this way around others? The boy wondered why. Maybe she was always cranky and reserved like his brother Greer.

"Mrrrh," His voice soft and obviously full of fright from the sight of the much larger woman's anger. "Where mum?" This time his eyes didn't look around from boredom, this time they looked around in worry. His mother should be here by now. Saving him from this woman's anger and taking him back to his brother's. So just where was his mother? Deacon couldn't think of many things that would keep his mother from coming to aid him. As the boy was always use to being able to call upon his mother or at least having one of his friends come to his rescue. Then as his thoughts went on Deacon slowly wondered if this was a game like him and his brother Cass would play. Yet if it was, it was a much more scarier game.

Deacon & Greer & Castiel
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Myrrhis "Myrrh" Flint
The full thought of the potential consequences struck Myrrhis hard in the chest, like a full grown buck striking her. A low whine escaped her as she crouched towards the ground, her body inadvertently covering Deacon as he hide between her legs when the other female came and snarled at her, her words coming out as a demand instead of a question instead.

”He was on his own!” She tried to argue, keeping her voice as steady as she could. She had to keep calm, for Deacon at least. Not to mention what would happen if the air around them became even more heated. Would they harm Deacon? As much as Myrrhis would not see him hurt, these were her leaders. Their word was law and anything they said was to be followed through with. ” I swear on my life, I did not take him from his family! I would rather die than forcefully take a pup from his parents. I do not know where he comes from but he is too young to truly remember the way back to his family. I could not leave him, in good conscience and know he would be otherwise safe. But I understand that is still no proper excuse.” Her heart was hammering wildly in her chest, her tongue feeling thick and heavy. The entire time, her body was made to look smaller with her tail curled beneath her with her lowered ears against her head, her chin nearly touching the ground with her throat bared and her orange eyes down cast. Her stomach would be against the ground, or she would be rolled over onto her back but it was made hard by Deacon standing between her front legs, who she wouldn’t allow to be hurt no matter the consequence, so her stomach wasn’t as close to the ground as her instincts demanded of her (Or even completely bared out in the open.) but it was certainly showing her complete submission to her pack leaders.

Deacon’s soft voice, so full of fright, found its way into her ears and she had to take a deep breath. She couldn’t answer his question, not now. Not when his life could potentially be on the line.

” I now know I made a mistake in bringing him back with me but please, the mistake was mine and mine alone. Any punishment you deem worthy to use on me, leave the boy out of it, I beg of you. ” She begged them with an emotionally filled voice, her eyes not meeting theirs. She couldn’t, she had no right. One wrong move. All it took was one wrong move. She would never forgive herself if any harm came to Deacon. ”He was simply lost and it was my decision to bring him here. It is no fault of his that he is here.” Her body was shaking in both fear and panic, wondering what would come to pass.
(This post was last modified: Jul 11, 2014, 06:45 AM by Myrrhis.)