(See All?) Announcements
566 Users Online
Google, Bing

fables — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote>It was a little different situation, like a child whose parents had joining custiody rights. He would live with one and visit the other. Better than nothing, and coarse Indru was very convincing. Putting everything right, and even saying he would visit the other Tainn. Triell hadn't thought about them being enemies, and Indru extinguished before that worry could start. Thank goodness, the boy could do without turmoil. He'd had his life fill at the moment. It was about time life straightened up. "That good to know," He replied, glad to see Indru smile in return.

Breath, Triell could breath.

The quieter tone, brought the lad's ears up. It did the world of good to hear how proud Indru was of him. If one thing was constant it was his brother's praise. How he needed it in this unsteady world. Leaned into their wolf embrace. The heart beneath black coat warmed with love, and pride he had for his brother in return. "I hope you now I'm proud of you. I'm glad I have you brother." He responded, hist tail beating fast behind him. He would be lost without Indru, who knew what kind of wolf he'd been in another's care. He couldn't wait though to begin training for an adult rank. It was close, and the day would probably come to fast.

The older Tainn played along with the youth. Triell smiled playfully, knowing something Indru might not. When black nose prodded, Triell jumped back playfully."Hey!" He barked giving him a I don't think so look. A laugh coudn't help but give way then, inken mask went from serious to almsot giddy. This was where Triell was comfortable when both parties were happy. It was no fun Indru hadn't guessed, but Triell couldn't keep it in. "Cori! She helped me get a beaver! I'm glad you brought her to Swift River. She's awsome!" He managed to blurt out, and his enthusiasim was nothing ersatz, and his tail back it up.
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Tara who has 549 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

Humbled was how Indru felt when Triell spoke of his pride for him in return, it meant a lot that he was not angry over the events that had happened with Ruiko, especially that he was not disappointed in him. It gave Indru slight hope that Borlla would act the same, but he was not so stupid as to expect it, their sister had always been more volatile than the brothers. Thank you, he licked his brother's nose affectionately, muffled laughter breaking from his muzzle out of happiness as he rubbed his skull along the thick, winter fur that coated Triell's shoulders. Family, it was the most important thing to Indru.

His black furred brother leapt back when Indru probed at his fur sneakily, trying to get hints at who he had met, and the older Tainn smiled at his cleverness, he was no naive puppy now. Triell's eagerness made him laugh when his brother did, his tail waving behind him too in response as he waited expectantly, the boy's excitement infectious. It did not take long for him to spurt out the answer in a rush, and Indru was pleased to see the small trace of puppy still in him, and he grinned at the boys pleasure and pleased words. She is great, Indru agreed, his tail waving behind him as he thought of the pretty, grey furred female he had brought home recently. I'm glad you get along and that she helped you. The female caused a stir of emotions he could not explain to Triell yet, mainly as he was not sure about them himself, and so he darted forward to try and aim a playful nip at Triell's shoulder before bounding off. After a few paces Indru dropped down into a smooth, trained crouch, his rump held in the air as his tail waved behind him, the playful challenge to his brother ringing out clear. Let's see how good you are at dueling!

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Borlla. his sister did cross his mind. Wondering how she would take this. He didn't picture her taking it lightly. What could she do about it? Ruiko already choose to leave somewhere else. Triell doubted even Borlla could change that. She'd have to come to terms with it. He frowned, momentarily. Indru's thank you forced them away, and he beamed at his brother. Planting a few licks under his creamy chin when he could reach it. Affectionate touch, and gentle storkes made him feel so much better. He was still a pup, and a little comfort could go a long way. Happy, it was a much better emotion. Indru needed to be, and had just as right to be like Triell.

Black banner beat behind him, and he pranced in place nodding his head. Corinna was his new best friend. He was proud of the fact Indru was glad. Why wouldn't he be? Triell could no longer hold still, he was ready for a game. When the large brown and tawny form of Indru came his way he rolled onto his side out of reach. A good hearty laugh came, and he quickly snapped to his feet. Black figure whipping round to face the bowing wolf. "Okay!" He replied, his tail going every which way. Narrowing his eyes, getting serious he pranced close to Indru, keeping his form low. Playfully made fake pokes with his muzzle right, and left. Only getting the air till, he made this time with intent to softy nip his brother's shoulder.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

Having the younger Tainn accept the changes maturely didn't truly surprise Indru, he knew that Triell was able to handle most things that were thrown at him and tackle them with a clear head. It was a sign of his younger brother growing up, and already Indru could see he would be a great member of the pack when he was older and a loyal member at his side as Second in the future perhaps. Their younger sister, however, Indru was less confident. He loved the two pups just the same but it was not uncommon knowledge that Borlla had a habit of overreacting and getting angry at changes that did not appeal to her, and he knew that she would not like this one. It was a worry but Indru was determined to win her over whatever her response was, they were family and the Tainn's could not lose any more members.

In a move that was quicker than Triell would have been able to do not long ago he rolled out of Indru's way, dodging his nip effectively and Indru nodded in praise, good job, Triell. Helping the pups become strong and useful adults was part of Indru's job, and to see them progressing so well was a reward in its own right. Your not such a clumsy pup now, brother. Affection laced his voice at the tease which showed that it was meant in good jest, his eyes watching Triell as he paced closer, his expression intent. Drop your shoulders a bit more, he critiqued, though pleased never the less with the boys posture before he saw him decide and dash forward and Indru skipped lightly to the right to avoid it. Less hesitation, more action, he grinned at him and then, to prove a point, he pushed himself forward in a surprisingly quick move with the grace of years of experience to try and catch Triell off guard and nip his shoulder and show the effectiveness of moving by instinct instead of thought.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
ooc; sorry this is short. i figure indru could throw another move at him.A grin etched his lips hearing approval for his actions. If anything he needed to know what he was doing was right, and he could count Indru on being honest. It was nice to her nice things, but if it wasn't true it was cruel, and false praise. Truth was always the better trade.

Laughing smugly at the second remark, the black lad didn't take offense. Instead he was proud his brother too, realized how much the young Tainn was growing. How far he'd come from a gangly child, and the possibility he would be a strong adult. A good addition into the pack. He did best to heed advice, and was taken surprise when Indru grabbed for his shoulder. By the time Triell moved Indru had already gotten his target. "Got it,"he said without bitterness while nodding his head. It was best to be quick, just react. He stood tense, waiting for the next move.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

Taking criticism, especially from others who had more experience in the matter, without offence was a mark of maturity in Indru's eyes and he smiled to himself, so pleased and proud of how Triell was growing. Indru noted that perhaps out of all their remaining family in Relic Lore his personality was most similar to his dark furred brother and it was perhaps why then that he felt such a bond with him now, much further than the usual brotherly affection he felt with his other young siblings. No, Triell had more taken on the role of a son or protégé to the male and Indru could only hope he helped soothe the missing gap of a father figure that the fire had caused for them all.

His aim on Triell met its mark this time and helped to demonstrate his previous advice perfectly, the boy was good and eager to learn but he was still only a puppy and he still had a long while to go before he had perfected the skills of an adult. Indru watched him with a critical eye as Triell tensed, ready for what he did next, and nodded, pleased that he had taken on the earlier criticism. Much better, he grinned, eye dropping down to the boy's paws, try to widen your stance, it dips you down lower to give you a better vantage point and also will allow you to dodge and attack by pushing off to either side easier. Quickly Indru dropped down, lowering the front half of his body to protect his neck as he used the strength in his broad shoulders to steady his weight evenly over his wide stance, his tail curled dominantly over his back and his ears pushed forward, an intimidating sight even if it was for show. Your first line of defence is your attitude, and to prove a point Indru bristled his fur and wrinkled his nose in the start of a snarl as he bared his teeth lightly, taking a step towards his brother as his fiery eyes met Triell's fiercely, before his demeanour abruptly changed and a grin replaced the snarl. Often wolves will be so intimidated any challenge could be stopped right there, he laughed, leaning forward to lick in between Triell's ears before trying to shove him quickly and tackle him to the floor playfully with a bark.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
The black lad's nature was fairly easy-going criticism was just a way to get better. He'd never been one to argue, even if it wasn't Indru teaching him. There were few things that upset the boy, proving his even tempermant much like his elder brother's. Taking one thing at a time, and not letting the little things get to him. Growing up, well that only heigthened those personality traits. He probably wouldn't change, his life had already had too many dramatic things to make him different. So he ate up Indru's words like candy. Stand wider. Like a carbon copy he pushed his limbs outward and lowered his head just like his brawny brother. He immediately knew what Indru meant, from this point it would be harder for someone to grab his vital parts, and he could strike out at them. "Like this?"He asked, wanting to be just right.

The nex thing Indru did was show him another trick of the trade. Bringing on a scary front, and Indru did not lack in the department. Triell stared back into the orange hues of his brother, just the sight made him want to peel away. He would hate to be on the end of Indru's fury, and he could now only imagine what it had been like Indru and Ruiko to go head to head. Surpressing a shudder, knowing this was purely pratice. He grinned back, black banner waving behind him. He wanted to have such a striking attitude, but didn't think he could top that. The moment he didn't try, but nodded agreeing it could end a fight before it started. Indru was full of surprises today, one second he was licking the boy and than coming at him in a doggy pile. Triell hadn't been ready for that and ended up on the ground with Indru on top. "Argg." He grumbled under the weight, shifting his lanky body, squirmy to get fee. The boy didn't have his father, but he imagined this is what exactly what they would have done together.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn
Not gonna lie, feels so good to be back posting! :3

As soon as Indru's words sunk in he watched Triell change his posture to suit, immediately making an improvement to his defence and when he asked for reassurance Indru smiled, nodding, perfect. He knew the boy must be able to see the advantages in the criticism as Triell now was effectively shielding much more of the vital parts of his body. His demonstration of how useful an aggressive front could be when faced with a non-submissive wolf seemed to have the effect he wanted, it was one of the most useful lessons that Rihael had taught him and in most cases worked — if the wolf was wise. This will be useful when you enter the adult ranks, Triell. You'll be expected to defend your rank and ward of any threats to it. Of course, as a Yearling, he would not have much, if any, success against a fully matured adult but it was invaluable practice for when he turned two years and older. I'm sure when your older you will make a great Second at my side. It was a role of great responsibility, acting as a reinforcer for the pack's Leader, but Indru felt that Triell was well on his way to deserving such a rank.

His surprise attack worked and he felt the boy topple beneath him and Indru's laughter boomed as he made sure to catch most of his weight on his forearms and haunches so not to cause the boy an injury. It was good, especially after a training session, to play around and have fun, it was a great way for Triell to still learn too and Indru wanted to make sure his younger brother was prepared for the adult ranks he would so soon be joining. He shifted as Triell squirmed to get free allowing him an easy exit, but couldn't resist trying to nip his back haunches in jest as he did, still grinning as his tail waved behind him in amusement.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
i bet, it's good to have you back. just hope you feel better. :)

"Perfect." He tried to surpess a grin, but it ran along the edge of his muzzle none the less. He couldn't help feel a flicker of pride hearing Indru's praise. The small fact he was getting something right never did hurt. He tried to glue the stance in his head. He would need to remember this, and the grin vanished. Ears perked, so odd how close he was to being counted as an adult. Hearing Indru speak of it gave him some confidence Triell would turn out okay. A serious, black mask he nodded digesting each word. His thoughts flickered to Weldering, and new wovles who might join, challenge him. Or just the annoying trespasser. He didn't feel so small, and helpless. He could help the pack, he could help Indru.

Dark topaz eyes widened upon the word second. Him? He was taken back, yet thrilled on the same. "Really?" He blurted. He doubted Indru would tease over something serious, but, whoa....

He didn't have much time to think, Indru though trying not to crush him was still heavy to the young lad. He blunted his snout at whatever part of Indru was closest to him. The tawny, dark brown brother moved, and Triell took his chance. "Hey!" He barked surpised by the nip, and whipping round to face Indru. He didn't think, in the moment he pounced back trying to land a playful bite at Indru.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn
Thanks! :3 I'm sure I'll be okay, I have my blood test tomorrow to double check. ;D

Of course, Triell, Indru reassured, amused and yet pleased at his brother's surprise at the comment on Indru's eagerness to help him climb the hierarchy of Swift River, no one appreciated a over confident wolf after all. I need someone I can fully trust as my second, and who's better than my brother? That was only one part of it though, Triell would still have to prove that he had the strength and intelligence for such an important role within the pack, Indru's approval would only get him so far and he would not weaken the pack by supporting his brother blindly for a higher rank if it was undeserving. But Indru knew Triell and knew that the boy was capable if he wanted to be, and his brother was not short of ambition he was sure.

Triell squirmed away from underneath him (with a little assistance) and when his teeth made contact on the boy Indru tried to look innocent, glancing at him with confusion from the small outburst that his playful attack had caused. It was clear his act was not believed though as Triell followed his previous advice and made his move without thought, catching Indru off guard and successfully landing a nip on his shoulder before he could react and roll away to avoid his brother getting any other upper hand which he'd never live down. Dropping down onto his elbows and rising his rump into the air with a waving tail Indru barked at Triell, his eyes twinkling with the challenge, I hope you're brave enough to follow that through! The older Tainn teased, splaying his paws in preparation.