204 Users Online
Bing, Google

And oh, this too shall pass — Wild Cherry Orchard 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
@Iopah
They walked in unison, the heavy footfalls of his feet drowned out the lithe placement of his smaller counterpart as they made their way through the thicket, brushing past clinging bracken that raked their pelt and left it matted. He craned his neck to nip off one that stuck to his side, spitting it from his mouth noisily as he slide his tongue through his teeth to get rid of the taste--a combination of dirt and moss. Snorting, to rid his nose of the stench he glanced at Iopah to catch her reaction to his words, there was no doubt in his mind that she was thinking but of what, he could not tell if she were angry at him or the situation and when she gave him a look of confusion his head cocked to the side in an effort to understand her. From what he remembered about Iopah, she was a short tempered woman and easily opinionated, it was interesting to get her views and thoughts and he knew that she was not ashamed to admit it, but when the words that came from her mouth were mild with anger Koda released the breath he was holding, happy that he had dodged an argument. "Trust is a touchy topic but you are correct, trust is built and if it's built by the right team then it is strong--indestructible." he paused to glance at her, a weak smile on his lips. There was no use telling him that the trust he had built with Secret Woods was nearly nonexistent, he was well aware of his position in the pack, and yet he confidently walked around with his newest title as third. It was a rank he'd worked hard to have.

When they touched on his own absence Koda grew quiet, wondering how she would respond and whether she would even care if he did come back to the Woodlands, after all he could recall their first meeting after his return and the cold shoulder he'd received. She was not pleased with Koda's return, probably because he had left without a word to anyone and he could respect her emotions, but he had worked hard thus far to win her trust back and he was sure that eventually it would be built back up. "actually, I'm almost afraid to think of what you'd do if I left, I'm sure I'd receive more then a cold shoulder and death glares, probably a nip or two." he attempted to lighten the mood, but would not take offense if she did not perceive his joke well, it was a touchy subject after all, and when she went on to ask him why he had left them without a word he stared hard at her, wondering if she even bring it back up. He could smell the carcass she was hunting but suddenly his appetite was no longer one his mind, in fact he was not interested in helping her search for it, instead he craved for her full attention and he touched her muzzle with his own to capture it. "My amnesia was horrible then, I could hardly remember anything when I first returned but afer a month, after losing Nina, my children and essentially my pack I started thinking about what once was and it made me sad. I left all this behind and I can't remember why. I don't plan on doing anything to trigger those episodes and I am confident that they will not return anytime soon...I feel like myself again, the old Koda...and I like it. No I love it." and he grinned, wondering what she would throw at him next.
Played by Emma who has 530 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
@Koda
start to wind this up and plan something else?
---------
With one eye she combed through the orchard. Peering into deep shadows, looking for the silhouette of something that didn't belong. The moist air was still laced with the scent, she would find it eventually. The other was watching Koda for a reaction or a statement, anything. She saw his gaze land on her... and then not withdraw. Slowly, without shifting anything beyond the angle of her muzzle she returned the stare. Her solid gold eyes boring down on his green-flecked ones. The orchard continued to sleep around them.

It was an impertinent question, even in her hurt and her confusion over the events she could admit that. He was within his right to refuse an answer. And she would accept that refusal evenly, but she would not retract the question and she would never back down from his gaze. If he didn't want to answer he would need to say so, Iopah would not pretend that it didn't matter to her. His attention turned away and Iopah followed it, looking forlornly into the darkness, dredging up interest in the still-hidden carcass. She pushed pushed herself down off the log. If that was it she had things to do. She made to shoulder past him, ready to move on with the rest of the lonely night.

The movement was missed and his intention not noticed 'till moments before she felt the pressure on her muzzle. She stopped, halfway into the shadows of the orchard, and watched him.

His explanation washed over her like a tide and her dark nostrils flared with each silent breath as she waited and tread water till he finished. He spoke of his amnesia and his difficult readjustment. And Iopah reacted with sympathy in her own quiet way, eyes dimming and drifting away as though caught in the soft breeze. The answer, when it came, buried under the pain, was anti-climatic. Her ears slicked back against her skull, the full implication hitting her. Her mind reeled at the idea of not remembering, replaying her own past and inserting this alteration.

She didn't know what to make of the upbeat end of his words and she studied him hesitantly. The admission he made and his current upbeat attitude clashed wildly. Wondering if maybe something was still wrong with him, or perhaps just a natural side-effect of not remembering? Iopah didn't know, but it unnerved her. She stepped toward him softly, not wanting to wake anything in this strangest of nights. "How can you be so happy? I can remember everything and I can't make it back to the way I was." The question was sure to dampen Koda's good mood, but she couldn't understand the differences. How was he able to put himself back together and Iopah had remained permanently damaged, or that how she viewed it.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
@Iopah, I rushed this post so its not the best...sorry and sure! This thread is going by so fast!

He stared at her a moment, reading her expressions and wondering what questions were flowing through her mind. He could see the wheels turning in her head, the curiosity that overpowered her and it made him feel anxious. He knew that Iopah was a smart woman, probably one of the original loyal members of the Woodlands and for this he was happy. He only hoped to have the same title as weeks progressed to months and months to a whole year that he had remained with his pack. It was slow going but already he was nearly half way into a whole year of having returned and this made him happy, the emotion was evident on his face and the way he carried himself with an air of new found confidence--it felt great to feel like he belonged.

Though it would be a little while yet before he knew the others would view him differently and the judgement less harsh, he was doing everything within his power to show to them that he was a changed man and had learned from his mistakes. No longer was he sheltered and holding in his emotions, instead he was eager to explain himself, albeit the strangeness and guilt that washed over him, but he knew that this phase would pass. Eventually, he would once more reign as king and the others would respect him for it. Iopah was one such wolf he desired to prove himself to and as he stood there in her presence he felt himself captivated by her story and the amount of interest she had over his happiness. He supposed it was strange, considering the many wolves he let down but his return would eventually make up for that, he'd make sure of it.

The scent of prey caught his attention and he glanced in the direction that it came briefly, swallowed hard, and spoke in a slow tone that was filled with emotion. "I let the guilt cripple me for too long, I can't allow it to take over me any further I have to move forward..." he stepped toward her, a smile attempted to form but he dismissed it knowing how uncomfortable it made her, "how were you before the incident?" he questioned with a tilt of his crown.
(This post was last modified: Jul 23, 2014, 02:59 AM by Koda.)

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
@Koda sorry, life went a little crazy
i think 1 more round should wrap this up
---------
She was watching him closely, critically. Studying him as if she could see a physical symptom for such an illness. Trying to catch some clue that all was not well. Saying nothing she replayed his words over in her mind, running them through her biased filter of reason. She could find no error in his logic. But she could offer only a slow, measured blink in response. The discovery was no reassurance to her.

They were so different, whereas Koda had forgiven himself, Iopah could not. If the error did not lie with Koda's mind (and she had found no evidence that it did), then it lay with her.

She was still watching him, albeit bleakly, when he caught notice of the carcass again. She had all but forgotten it. As he started toward it Iopah kept pace. Turning her head frequently to regard him. There was silence as they walked. Dusky pink was beginning to creep between the cherry trees. Iopah kept her head down; She had more on her mind than the coming dawn. Koda asked a question and in her distraction she spit out her first knee-jerk reaction. "You mean before I abandoned my family during a famine?" The words were cutting, but aimed at herself. She cringed as they echoed loudly, shrinking toward the ground in embarrassment. 'See dummy, this is why you can never get past it. 'Cause you say things like that.' She didn't look to Koda, but feigned interest in the carcass. It was visible in the predawn light, resting just a few paces away.

That pretense of interest drove her to stand over the dead moose but nothing more. The ravens and crows had found it already. Neither were nearby and alert ears fell back. It was an empty satisfaction. The restlessness burned in her legs and chest still. Her family needed to be feed and they had found food. The survivor in her could never let a meal slip away. A left ear flicked to Koda, and she gestured to the deer. She took a step back into the dew-streaked grass to watch him.

"I usually try not to remember..." Over their heads a pair of jays began arguing and her words slowed as she peered up at the birds. One flew away and Iopah watched it go. "I was more trusting, had no reason not to back then. I guess I was just as quiet. I'm not sure though, everything was different for me." Another fight broke out two trees over. It was bright enough that she didn't have to squint to see the birds flitting through the branches. Lower and lower they dropped and her jaws opened in anticipation. She wanted to chase, race across the ground, and let herself forget. "Do you think you can bring all this back by yourself?" She was referring to the carcass, but did not turn to indicate it. She was focused on the slowly waking wildlife.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
@Iopah! ^^

The carcass, he had nearly forgotten it. Stepping closer to it, the stench wrinkled his nose he watched as raven's and other scavengers scurried from the area as he dipped his head to take a piece or two before standing in silence as he chewed. It was nice, the silence that filled the air but he grew concerned over his counterpart and wondered what was bothering her now--had his question been too personal--before she responded to his question without a second thought. The words alerted him, causing his ears to perk keenly on his skull as he turned toward the tawny woman with questioning eyes though no words would yet come to mind, instead he sat digesting the meat and the truth she had spilled to him. Smacking his lips together, a thought came to mind and he spoke slowly in an attempt to choose his words carefully. "I will not pass judgement on you Iopah, we've all made mistakes. We're wolves, we have needs and urges that sometimes go beyond the need of the pack. I'm sure, whether you admit it or not, the reason you left was sound." his throat went dry, the words that came next made his stomach twist into uncomfortable knots but the situation felt as thought it needed it; she deserved comfort. "besides, had you not left, you would not have been a loyal member of Secret Woods and we would not be sharing a meal together..." he searched her features, wondering if she would grow uncomfortable after his kind, yet honest, words.

At his comment she answered with uncertain confidence, and he wondered if the chain of events had been too traumatic to remember or if she preferred to keep that part of herself hidden, buried deep within the confines of her memory. He was respectful enough not to push her, knowing it would be useless and cause the meeting to grow uncomfortable and when she switched the subject after giving her attention to the bird show over their heads he did not put up a fight. He would no longer keep her, or her memories captive; he dared not hold her back any further. When she asked whether he could bring the carcass back on his own his head nodded, ears pointed themselves forward as he spoke, "go ahead, I won't hold you any further.", his eyes searched her long as a smile crept along his lips; Iopah would always remain a mystery to him.
(This post was last modified: Aug 13, 2014, 02:05 AM by Koda.)

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
@Koda

Everyone makes mistakes.

A simple truth. One that Iopah firmly agreed with. No one was perfect. At one point they all fuck something up. And yet, as Koda sought to impress this on her, a dissension soured the back of her mouth. The dampness from the grass soaked into her hind feet as she stood biting her tongue. Despite the dreary thoughts hiding behind them, her eyes were bright. Two glittering beacons trying to draw Koda's conviction into her. She couldn't say her thought. Of course, everyone makes mistakes. But to leave your family? Unforgivable. The words damned him as just as much as they did her.

Maybe that was why she could tell him these things. Her deepest, darkest secret was one she shared with him. He gently reminded her of the present and her mind seized on that one redeeming fact. Her presence here was valuable. She helped pull the Woodland wolves through the seasons. Through a famine no less. There were no words would not burn on her tongue. In this conversation every word and thought was either painful or a lie. Iopah rarely lied, so the response burnt inside her and she simply nodded her understanding.

She was nearly leaning forward now. Following the blissfully distracting birds with rapt attention. She had not forgotten Koda's presence or what he said. It was him that kept her pale feet anchored, holding her back from pelting across the meadow. This conversation would be pulled up later and in silence she would work through everything that had been said. Right now she needed to go.

He either understood or relented. Whichever version set her free and her head dipped in relief as she pivoted away. She only took a few steps, but when she turned back to him her belly was already streaked with dew. "Thank you." For bringing back the carcass? Letting her leave? Saying what she wasn't ready to accept yet? She was grateful for it all.