(See All?) Announcements
481 Users Online
Google, Bing

Don't Care If Critics Ever Jump In Line — Umbra Copse 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Melorama who has 87 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Vera Corvonic Fortibus

Vera sat down, tail curling around her paws as she lifted her muzzle up to look at her larger companion as he began to speak in a broken voice, telling her what had happened in the past and why it was bothering him. She listened silently, her eyes never leaving his as he spoke, and she felt as if she could see what was going on in her mind, like a movie playing in front of her eyes.

Florence as a young pup, sick with a cough and being carried away by his father to a faraway place at his mothers’ pleas. She could see him squirming around in the cold, waiting and hoping for someone to take him back home, but no one came until much later. A large furry body and a warm voice scooping him from the cold and into her warm embrace, loving him like his parents hadn’t. It made the tears brimming in her eyes slowly drip down her face. She had no idea something like that had ever happened to him; he never showed anything, looked as if he had a usual childhood, and she had no reason to ask what his younger life had been anyway. She should’ve seen the signs.

“Florence,” the diminutive ivory she-wolf said softly, standing up and burying her face once more in his chest, but not to soothe her own fears. No, she wanted to comfort him by being near him, as she knew that hey both felt better the closer they were together. Like two halves becoming a whole; they couldn’t live without the other. “I had no idea… but you’re here now with me now because of that kind she-wolf that looked after you. Together we can make it all seem like a bad nightmare that will eventually fade away with time.” Her voice was a soft croon as she spoke.

315 Words

Played by Silvia who has 94 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Florence Flint Fortibus
With Vera’s face buried in his chest, Florence made a small noise that almost sounded like a sob as he curled around her, her words settling into his ears. Now he was older and a better understanding of life, he never understood why his parents hadn’t tried to take care of him. why they hadn’t tried to find a healer or someone with knowledge at least, to show them what to do and take care of his cough and sneeze before deciding to just have him taken away. It had just been a cold, something they surely had experienced themselves at least once before. Why did they think it was something deadlier?

Perhaps if they could be found, he could speak with them and show them he was fine. Show them that he had lived and was healthy. The thing was, he couldn't remember where they once lived, or even if they were still there. And what would he say to them? ‘Hi, I am the son you abandoned because I was sick. All I had was a cold!’

”I did not wish to burden you, not after how we meet.” He murmured softly to her, know the words that she spoke were true. And he didn’t also want to mention the fact he had nightmares during the night sometimes, waking up from them with a sharp inhale and muscles tensing in fear. It was hard to hide his reactions from Vera. Yet he felt as if he should, with talk of putting his past truly behind him. ”I do not want to ever lose you.”
Played by Melorama who has 87 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Vera Corvonic Fortibus

She heard a soft, choking noise – like a sob – when she nuzzled into him, and felt his body curl around hers in a warm embrace. She couldn’t believe that parents would do such a thing to one of their children, no matter the reason. They were supposed to be cherished, loved, taught in the ways of life, not left in the freezing cold to die just because they thought their child was too sick to be cured. Vera knew that if she ever had children she would make them feel loved and never know the hardships that her larger companion had faced.

A soft, exhaling laugh, like a short bark, escaped from her ivory maw as Florence murmured gently to her. She couldn’t help it, even though the mood around them was so somber. Burden her? No, that could never have happened with something so important to him, and consequently her. She would not have been laden by his past, instead she would have tried to lift the load from his shoulders and share his pain and sorrows between them. She knew that he would do the same for her.

“I never want to lose you either, Meus militis in nitidus armatus.” Pulling back, she gently nosed his leg with her muzzle, a smile on her face in an attempt to lighten the mood. “We should be heading back soon, it’s going to get dark soon.” The diminutive ivory she-wolf turned around to pick up the bundles of black hawthorn and solomon’s seal herbs before glancing back over her shoulder at Florence, motioning with her head for him to pick up the ergot and follow her, before slowly padding back in the direction of the Oak Tree Bend den site. It was time to head back home.

297 Words

[End of thread... unless if you wanna end it @Florence?]
Played by Silvia who has 94 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Florence Flint Fortibus
Florence could not help it when a smile cross his face when Vera let out a whoosh of breath that sounded like a laugh, it somehow making him feel at ease. The nuzzle at his leg made it all the better, the large male shifting his weight back onto all his paws. He knew that she would stick by his side and he would forever stay by his, lending each other a shoulder to lean on.

”Semel ad curo meus ardere,” He murmured softly, the smile still in place as a warm look entered his eyes. ”The one to tends to my burns. Somehow, you know just what to say and do to make me feel better.” It would not be easy, he might still feel sad on occasion as he often did. But before now, he had kept them hidden, away from Vera so not to worry her even though he knew she would not have minded. But now, there would be nothing hidden between the two, no matter how hard it would be to change habits.

Looking at the sky, he found her words to be true and after picking up the eroot, the two of them headed off towards Oak Tree Bend before it truly feel to night. The two would always be together, no matter what happened in their past or future. They would never be parted for anything in the world. It would take a lot to willingly separate them and even then, it would pain them greatly. They would always pull through, they had to.

Because Florence loved the little she wolf and no one was going to take her from him if he could help it.

{Thread Finished}