Bing, Google

The silver lining — Wild Cherry Orchard 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Played by Hex who has 35 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Luz Nightcrest
With Fly explaining her name it did make some sense. Ref fur and fire, speed and fly to create the name Firefly. Yet from the brown girl's words she knew that others had made the same mistake like her. Thinking that she was named after a bug that could light itself up. Luz couldn't help a but giving her companion a grin "Maybe, but even if they did name you for your speed and fur you still are sharing a name with a bug." Her eyes twinkled in amusement wondering how Fly would take that comment.

"Well I have two parts to my name the first part is Luz and the other is Nightcrest." She let that sink in a moment before continuing. "I don't think I am named after anything but I think the Nightcrest part is because we would travel a lot at midnight." Her ears twitched as she concentrated trying to remember what her parents had told her about the family name she had been given."So I don't think any of my names were for my speed it was just something my parents chose for me."

After hearing how Fly had gotten her name she now almost wished that her parents had taken the time to give her a name with a meaning. It was too late now though unless she wanted to go by an alias of some sort. Which would be pointless if she was going to join a pack soon. She turned her gold gaze back to her companion. "How long do think we should wait?" she asked motioning towards the berry. Luz was content to lay here for a long period of time conserving energy but she would need FireFly to guide her to the pack borders so the younger girl would get to decide how long they waited. It wasn't fair to keep a pack wolf from her pack after all.
Played by Missy who has 124 posts.
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats
The fact that there is a rabbit's nest nearby. lol. Spirit of Wildwood is all knowing.

Fly's lounge lolled out to the side when Luz teased her about her name. No one had really teased her like that since her brother and Fly was happy to find someone with the same playful nature. The russet huntress gave a playful growl, the same way she would have done with her brother had he bene the one teasing her. Fly listened attentively as the girl explained her name. She pursed her lips as Luz claimed that her parents had just chose her name for her and that there wasn't much reasoning behind it. Firefly's mother had told her that name's were supposed to represent their own and Fly's mind immediately went to work trying to think of a way to relate Luz to her name. Not the most clever wolf in the pack, it would take Fly a while to come up with a good explanation. She wouldn't give up though.

When Luz asked how long she wanted to wait, Fly shrugged. She wanted to catch the rabbits, but she was also excited to bring Luz back to the border and introduce her to one of the alphas. With a sigh, Fly did something that she rarely ever did. She gave up on the hunt."Well, we can always catch rabbits later so why don't we...." Fly trailed off as the scent of rabbit became much stronger. Her brown eyes glanced over at the berry and to her surprise, a snow hare was warily approaching it. Fly's whole body went still. She kept her eyes on the prey, but nudged Luz with her shoulder an then flicked her tail to indicate that the pale girl should go after the rabbit. It was her idea, after all, and if there was only one rabbit Fly wanted to Luz to catch it and bring it back to the borders to offer to the alpha. Fly was sure Tokino and Minka would accept the girl, but it was always good to be sure and the rabbit would make a nice touch.

"Speech"

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Hex who has 35 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Luz Nightcrest
OOC:Oh wow didn't even see that.

Her companion looked like she was thinking hard so the pale girl remained silent. She didn't want to interrupt her concentration. Her ears flicked uncertainly as she heard the slight crunching of snow. It was faint and so she put it as the limbs of trees creaking around them as they adjusted to the weight of the snow. She hoped the trees were strong enough to last through the storm that was headed there way. Her ears flicked to listen to Fly as she began to speak but then her words faded off.

Curious Luz glanced at her but then the nudge and the direction of her friends gaze made her snap to attention. She went still not moving a hair as the rabbit moved towards the berry with hesitancy. She still didn't move but glanced at her companion and recognized the fact that she was in charge again. She pushed away any nervousness that she had and put her complete focus on her prey. Patient she waited until it was trying to eat the berry before moving.

Her back legs pushing against the cold ground she sprang forward. Her jaws opened as the rabbits head jerked up startled. It was too late and the rabbit didn't have a chance to even move before the pale girl was on it. Ivory teeth snapped the neck with practiced ease. Her muzzle was buried into the snow with the her prey in between her jaws. Lifting her head with the rabbit Luz looked to her companion tail wagging happily.

She hadn't blundered and made a mistake. A different taste filled her mouth as she stood there and her eyes widened in surprise at the taste of mushy cherry. She began to laugh around the fur in her mouth. She had been so focused about getting the rabbit she hadn't realized that she had eaten the cherry as well.
(This post was last modified: Nov 21, 2014, 04:26 PM by Luz.)
Played by Missy who has 124 posts.
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats
So exits now so that we can move on to the thread where she brings luz to the borders?

Firefly ran out of the bush and charged over to her new friend."You did it!" The young huntress crowed in excitement, giving Luz an affectionate nudge with her shoulder. Now, Luz could bring the rabbit back to the borders and offer it as a gift to Minka or Tokino. With that happy thought, Fly's tag wagged a mile a minute.

"Alright, come on! I can show you to the borders and if you'd like, I can call my alphas to come meet you. I'm sure if you offered that rabbit and asked to join they would happily welcome you." Fly said cheerfully, flickering her tail to point at the not too slim rabbit.

"Once you're accepted we can practice hunting together more! And you have to meet Kova! He would love to see your technique, he loves learning about new things." Fly rambled on, excited to have a new friend and one that enjoyed hunting and running fast as much as she did! The russet girl was already imaging a happy future with Luz as her new pack mate, and she had failed to realize that Lux had never actually said she wanted to join. That had been an assumption Fly had made when the girl asked to see the borders. As usual, Fly was getting ahead of herself and focusing on the big picture instead of the details. A key detail being that Luz needed to want to join the pack before Fly's picture perfect future could ever span out. Still, Firefly was undeterred as she happily started in the direction of her borders, certain that Luz would follow her.

---exit---

"Speech"

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief