448 Users Online
Google, Bing

The Ugly Green Monster — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
Namid 'Star Dancer'

It had been a few moments since Rook had left to be on his own and already Namid was feeling bored. Typically she was always engaged in some sort of conversation, but when he was off on his own that wasn’t the case. Her mismatched gaze turned toward @Bishop, whom was a little ways away from her. The pair had had very sparse to no conversation since she had joined them on their journey and she felt as if she were traveling with a stranger. While she knew bits and pieces from things her companion had said of his sister that was all she had to go on, which really wasn’t much. Maybe then, when they were alone, was the best time as any to strike up a conversation with the she-wolf?

Gathering herself to her paws she meandered a little ways closer to her other traveling companion, feeling slightly skittish but calm none-the-less. “Hello, Bishop. How are you? I apologize for not speaking to you, it is very rude of me considering we are traveling together.” She said, the last bit coming out without her even really meaning to. But she meant it either way, she really did feel bad. Without so much as a warning Namid had been thrown into the mix and upset the balance between the two siblings, creating less time for them to spend together. It had to be a hard transition, and while she hadn’t said anything the silvery fae knew it had to be bothering the twin.

Find a place where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Played by Sarah who has 29 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Bishop Lyall
If her eyes could have grown hooks she would have reached out to ensnare her brother's ankles as he wandered off into the underbrush. Anything to keep him from leaving her again. Especially since now it meant that Bishop was alone with her, the star-furred wolf who was a constant burr in her fur and just mooned after her brother. When Rook had suggested the had all go on a hunt, Bishop had kind of assumed they would all be hunting together. Like a deer or something. What kind of trick was this? Did he know what he was doing, leaving Bishop and that girl alone together? Was this some clever plan to make them all get along? Distrustfully, her yellow eyes swung towards Namid.

Well, Namid sure had a lot of nerve. Without hesitation she tried to launch them into some sort of conversation. An eye brow lifted to complete Bishop's incredulous expression. "Yeah," she said, an edge on her voice, "Yeah it is." How nice of you to admit that, she finished silently. For some reason Bishop felt no desire to say anything else. She wanted to make Namid sweat through this conversation, to work for this relationship, to pay for the crimes she had committed in Bishop's strange and private world. Her stance was neutral, but felt the need to raise her tail a little higher to convey her point. Rook's sister wanted to be the dominant one here. She wanted control.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
Namid 'Star Dancer'

Almost immediately Bishop put a wall up between herself and Namid, seeming to want to fight off any conversation that might ensue. It was rather understandable in the silver furred she-wolf’s mind, but at the same time she couldn’t help but feel a tiny bit annoyed at the tone of the other female. However, she wouldn’t let it get the best of her. She would explain herself, and hopefully Bishop would understand the real situation in the end.

With a slight frown marring her lips she dipped her head toward the female, in a show of respect and understanding. “I have treaded on personal ground without intentions, I did not come here to come between you and your brother. Despite what you will choose to believe from this what I am saying is honest. You have every right to be angry with me, I know that. I hope that we may be friends, but if that does not happen…well. I do not know what to say, then. I will not stop spending time with Rook, because I do not think it would make him happy to do so.”The last bit was a risky move, and she knew that it would not settle well with the sunny eye’d fae but it had to be said at some point. She wanted what was best for her companion, and while she wasn’t saying she was what was best for him it seemed that he was happy in her company and she was happy in his. However selfish it sounded, she didn’t want to go back to being alone anytime soon.

Inactive V. Yearling
Bishop Lyall
Despite the fact that Bishop hardly had a physical bone in her body, she felt a momentary thrill at the thought of a confrontation. She wanted to see what kind of damage her words would do, where the boundaries were, who this Namid was really. Inwardly she trembled with excitement, tense, ready for something. But Namid was hard to read. Besides a small frown Bishop could not sense what kind of effect she had had. Although Bishop often forgot, Namid was twice Bishop's age, and probably too old to reward immature jibes. Disappointing.

The dip of Namid's head was a small consolation, but it didn't make her speech any easier to swallow. Her teeth were clenched, grinding as she stood there listening. "You admit you have treaded on personal ground" Bishop hissed, "but you're not sorry, and you're certainly not going to stop." Her eyes rolled about in their sockets as she scoffed, openly disgusted, "So you'll have to excuse me if I'm not particularly satisfied with "sorry not sorry"."

Feeling braver, Borden's daughter took a bold step towards Namid, her tail raising a notch higher. Where would Namid stop her, she wondered. Where did she fall in the small hierarchy that consisted of the Lyall twins and an interloper? "If you truly wanted to be friends with me you would try to get to know me too. All you care about is Rook. All you want is Rook. And I don't even think you're looking out for Rook, for us. You're just scratching some itch," she spat. An ugly snarl formed on her face and her voice swelled dangerously. "Rook came here to help our father. An you're just distracting him!"
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
Namid 'Star Dancer'

With Bishop’s reaction, the age difference became evident. While a year difference didn’t seem like much to the eye, a year was a lot for mental development. Namid was more mature this time around, less easily bothered by little quips and jibs. They weren’t beneath her, but at the same time they were. At that moment, all she saw was a scared sibling. Scared that her brother would find someone that would suddenly become of equal importance to her or more and that she would disappear. As the yearling moved closer, teeth bared and venomous words lashing out she didn’t feel scared. She felt almost pity, but the Star Dancer did not pity. Pity was for those who thought they were above others, and the silver she-wolf did not think of herself in that way. She felt sorrow and slight indignation.

“I could give you an apology, but would it make you feel any better? Right now, I could get on my stomach and beg you for forgiveness, say I would leave and you would never see me again. But what would you really gain out of it? Bishop, you are afraid. Your brother is growing up and learning and thriving, and the change is scaring you. You are afraid he will forget you, that you will be alone. You are never going to be alone. He loves you very much, he speaks of you often. Nobody will be able to break the bond you two share, neither I nor anyone else. The bond of siblings is special and not easily broken, and the amount of love I see between you both is something I have not yet seen before. Please, remember that.”

Inactive V. Yearling
Bishop Lyall
"How would a lie make feel any better," Bishop quipped in her now perfected acidic tone. "Cause you just told me you WON'T leave. You're too selfish to leave, you bitch." Daddy didn't like when Bishop swore. Mom liked it even less. Bishop had been sent into the den without dinner once for throwing the f-bomb at her step-sister Aiyana once and she had never forgotten that. She had thought the lesson had set her straight, but right now she felt the guiltiest of pleasures as she so casually injected the profanity into her speech. Oh, for sure there was a singular moment where she inwardly flinched, waiting for her mother's wrath to come down upon her. But Jaysyek wasn't here. No one was here to stop Bishop.

Namid took a step too far, though, when she walked once more into very sensitive, deeply personal territory. To hear a stranger unearth her feelings, to have a intruder tell her how she felt was a crime several magnitudes higher than the ones Namid had already committed. "You don't know me, Namid. I don't care what you think you see in me because you have no right to walk into my life and tell me what I feel and how it's so wrong. Who the fuck do you think you are? Like just cause you're Rook's pet shadow and you listen to him talk about me you get to tell me all this shit like you know me? NO! No you do not." She exhaled fiercely, as if she were trying to breath fire from her nostrils. She took another step forward, and her tail now arched over her back. "And you will never know me if you continue on this path."
(This post was last modified: Jul 21, 2014, 07:10 AM by Bishop.)
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
Namid 'Star Dancer'

A sigh escaped her jaws as Bishop yet again began putting words in that had never been spoken. She had never said that what she was feeling was wrong, but of course the fiery tempered she-wolf would take it as that meaning. How could twins possibly differ so much in attitude? She tried to think of another way to get through to the female, one that wouldn’t get her skinned by the end of the conversation. She had mentioned multiple times that Namid hadn’t taken an interest in her, and it was true. So, the Star Dancer decided to try just that.

Sitting down she locked her mismatched gaze with Bishop’s. “You are right, I do not know you. So, instead of me saying false truths will you please tell me some truths about you? I would like to know what you think, how you feel, no matter how little of it comes at times.” She said. Perhaps if she showed that she was interested in the girl and not just her brother, she might come to more even grounds and have more civil conversations that she knew were there. If not, then they were in for a rocky road that she genuinely hoped that they wouldn’t have to go down. From Rook’s description, she knew there was an intelligent and caring canine somewhere in that wall of rage. Maybe, if she could soothe it she, too, would have the pleasure to experience it.

Inactive V. Yearling
Bishop Lyall
Somehow Namid just seemed to absorb every punch Bishop threw at her, expelling the verbal abuse with a simple sigh. This excited and frustrated Bishop in equal parts: it was thrilling to let loose like this, to feel as if she had the upper hand, to be the dominant one; but other hand she had yet to get any results, Namid would not rise to any challenge. Despite the fact that Bishop was now displaying fully dominant posture, it seemed empty somehow. Namid was just letting her have this, like it all meant nothing to her. Bishop did not want a meaningless victory. She wanted submission. She shook with thinly concealed rage.

She would not let herself be soothed.

"You forget yourself again, Namid," she hissed, "I am not my brother. I do not divulge myself so easily, you do not win my story or my trust merely by asking." After arriving here in Relic Lore Bishop had quickly discovered how eager her brother was to trust, to welcome others into his confidence. She felt with a deep certainty that it would be his downfall. She would not make that mistake. Now she stood toe to toe with the silver girl, her nose raised bravely so that it might be level with the other's silver muzzle. "You have earned nothing from me and will be rewarded with nothing."

Like lightning her jaws flashed open as she reached for Namid's muzzle. All she meant to do was hold it in a small gesture of superiority, of control.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
Namid 'Star Dancer'

I am not my brother. This was obvious, though Namid did not expect her to be her brother. Everything she said or did was being turned around and misinterpreted into something different. She could see the girl’s body quivering in what she presumed was anger and she knew things had pretty much hit rock bottom.

Suddenly, Bishop seemed to lunge for her with maw open and the silver-fae’s eyes widened in alarm. She knew she’d been angry, but angry enough to actually attack her? None-the-less Namid didn’t want to hurt her, that was the farthest thing from her mind at that moment. She bared no ill-will toward the tawny twin and it would only hurt her brother if they were to engage in conflict. While the yearling had been fast, the Star Dancer was faster. In a swift movement she ducked her head beneath the charge and snapping jaws and side stepped, moving a ways away from the female.

Her ears were pulled down to her cranium, though not in anger. “I do not want to fight with you, Bishop. I do not ask you to completely trust me, that is a foolish thing to do. You are turning my words around in my mouth, making them into something ugly. Why can you not see that I am not here to take your brother away from you, or steer you from your course. What would I have to gain from doing that, pray tell?” She inquired. All she wanted was for her to understand, but you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.

(This post was last modified: Jul 23, 2014, 01:24 AM by Namid.)
[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Inactive V. Yearling
Bishop Lyall
When her jaws closed, they closed on thin air. Disappointing, thin air. Bishop's ears swiveled backward and forward again as like quicksilver, Namid ducked and side stepped her. For a moment Bishop tensed, expecting some sort of retaliation, a reaction. There was nothing, not even a challenge. Unwittingly, the girl felt the urge to continue regardless, to see how far this woman would be pushed until she broke. There was definitely a pressure point somewhere in this impassive woman's soul. With the last ounce of self restraint Borden's daughter pushed her violent thoughts back into the depths of her mind. She took a breath.

"You'd gain my brother, obviously," she hissed with her narrowed, distrustful eyes, "You'd gain my brother and never have to worry about the burr in your fur that is Bishop Lyall and you guys could just go skipping off into the sunset." Bishop hadn't let on to the fact that she had seen their little charade a week or so ago, with all that cuddling and talk of love. But now she seriously considered it. Maybe not, though. Maybe she would save that trump card for later. "You don't know my dad, you don't know my family. You don't care about us. You don't care about the things we need. And don't say you do, because you're just some fancy ass stranger and I don't care about how white your stupid soul is. If you don't really know then you can't really care. And that will hurt us, it will hurt my family. My dad needs to get better and we're running out of time. Rook doesn't have time to just go lollygagging with you all over the forest."

"You need to leave us. You want me to believe you care? Then you need to prove it. Really prove it and do something selfless. Letting me steamroll you is an empty gesture. Anyone can take abuse. But if you really cared you would get the fuck out of my face and the fuck out of our lives." Quietly, the sandy girl gazed back at the silver woman. She waited.