Aven, Bing, Google, Sophrosnia

flee like shadows — Dragonfly Fen 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Played by Shadow who has 410 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata

Unfortunately for Serach, the answer that his uncle gave him was not one that he wanted to hear. Though he wouldn't admit it out loud, part of him had hoped that he did have cousins in Magnolia Glen. Even if they weren't really family. With the exception of his uncles and Sceral, the youth had no family left to him that he could feasibly rely on. Kisla was still in Relic Lore - her visit in the spring had confirmed that much. But she had left with her boyfriend, off to some place she had called Cut Rock River. Lifting a muddy paw, Serach feebly pawed at his nose to get an itch. If nothing else, the boy had learned that "family" was a tricky business.

The boy's tail and ears drooped as his uncle continued. He could feel the beginning of a lump forming in his throat, almost as painful as the lump he was sure to have on the side of his head after his tumble in the mud earlier. "Me too," he confessed, suddenly finding his paws fascinating, unable to meet his uncle's gaze at the risk of really making a fool of himself. "I miss her, a whole lot. But she was always so sad." He fumbled his paws for a moment before looking up, risking a tentative smile. "I think she's happier now though. She gets to be with all of us. Sceral and me. Kisla and Fen. And her other pups, the ones she had before the pack moved here." That made it better, a little bit of a pick me up when it got too much. Clearing his throat, Serach's smile broadened, the lump in his throat subsidizing. "I bet she's happy that you came after me today. My brother and I always were a handful, she said."

Tail turning from side to side, he turned back towards home. His headache had subsided and the mud did not seem so treacherous anymore. He might be coming home empty handed, but as Ruiko had said just minutes before, knowledge was power, and he was coming home with more knowledge than he had known before. That was good enough for him.

Played by Rachel who has 545 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
Ruiko listened to the youth, the silence he offered not one of boredom, but of respect for the pale boy. He was at a tender age where he was beginning to find his way in the world, and while Ruiko might have lost his mate, his sister, and had no idea where his children were.. he was at least grateful to be within the pack he truly belonged to.

And with that, Serach began to move back in the direction they called home. Quiet still, the older Tainn rose, his golden paws sweeping off in the direction of the boy, though he spoke nothing else. He held no doubt he was correct about his mother – Corinna had been stolen from this world far too early, though, and not a day passed where he did not wish it had been him instead of her. His thoughts strayed to the others – Serach and Sceral were the only brood of the silver she-wolf left on this side of the mountain – Kisla was across the way.. and Fenru’s state was unknown. Rihael had disappeared with Indru when Torrel had been taken.. Rissa was dead, and Aiyana had departed from these lands as quickly as she could.

At times, he wondered if his father and mother were above, watching the day to day destruction they endured. If they had the ability to help, he felt they would have.. and so he could not believe that the spiritual world did more than speculate. And, perhaps their heart went out to them.