(See All?) Announcements
631 Users Online
Google, Bing

a half-finished book — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

Even with Nios' small smiles and understanding nods, Rook didn't particularly feel at ease and he, too, had begun to wonder if he ought to leave the older male alone. Having only been around the pack for a few weeks, as well as being only a yearling, the Lyall should have known better than to just 'hang out' on his own in the middle of a rainstorm not far from the pack's borders. When Nios offered that they could do something else, Rook inwardly cringed. As much as he appreciated the Tainn for letting him tag along for even a little bit, he was convinced that he was probably being nothing more than a distraction. He did not want anything like that to filter back to Narime or Titan, lest he truly wanted to find himself back beyond the pack territory lines as a rogue wolf. Even if he knew now that he could survive (with his sister's help), he didn't want to nurture the idea or the possibility of it.

"I think... I might go" he said quietly, his adolescent awkwardness and growing timidity starting to flare up. "But, I just have a few questions, if that's all right?" A small pause was allowed to stretch between them, but not for long. "Do you know Kassander?" He made a face as though he had just said, or rather asked, something very stupid. "Or do you know anything about plants, by chance? I was told that someone in the pack could help me."

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Rachel who has 119 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nios Tainn

If he ever felt he was in the company of a brooding teenage boy, it was now. As the tawny wolf made the suggestion that he would leave, the amber-eyed Tainn refrained from rolling his eyes heavenward, and instead chose to cast the youth a stoical glance. Useless, his mind muttered darkly to himself, though the only hint of his irritation was with the quick sweep through the air his tail gave.

"That's probably for the best," he decided, his tone even before his shoulders lifted in a shrug. If the boy wanted to lay back down in the rain and daydream his day away, he wouldn't judge him -- perhaps that was how the Caverns was. Nios had been raised by two proud and strict wolves -- in Copper Rock Creek or Sequoia Vale, such an action would have been greatly frowned upon.

As much as Rook longed to escape his company, the swarthy male silently returned the thought, though was hindered when asked a question. His ears tipped forward, but the name held no recognition to him, and he simply offered a brisk shake of his muzzle. "'Fraid not," he rumbled, and given he was certainly not one to stand around and make friends, he stole the opportunity to continue on his way.

His limbs strode forward -- the rain seemed to open upward and the shower sprinkled across the terrain before him, he could feel his pelt begin to stick against his skin, but rather than feel hindered by such, he instead felt refreshed.

As if the rain was washing away the lingering discomfort from his pelt that the boy had left, much like a bad taste in his mouth. And with that, the male was gone -- off to seek out the patterns of the local herds.

(This post was last modified: Nov 15, 2014, 12:39 AM by Nios.)

'cause its home, but it's gone