(See All?) Announcements
549 Users Online
Google, Bing

exploding pens? get. out. — Iridescent Lagoon 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

As usual, it took him a second to realize he was going off on his rather enthusiastic question spree. Narime, in good grace and form, had allowed him to let it all out though, and when he was done, she replied to him as he stood patiently in anticipation. What she told him was nothing short of enlightening or amusing. He learned about Willow Ridge, a pack to the east, and that its Leader, Elettra, was a friend of his mother's. It should have been a familiar name, but what with the fantastical and wondrous stories he had heard of Kade Attaya, his father's friend and Second, Elettra's namesake had faded in comparison to the dark-coated man and his deeds.

She stated that she was running off along a tangent and as she thought, Rook allowed her some thinking space to recollect herself. He resorted to splashing about after a frog that had emerged from the water. It croaked in shock as it saw the yearling and swam away but the young Lyall lost it in the reeds. When the Leader began again, Rook's dual-colored eyes went back to Narime and he smiled to know that his mother's friends (allies, perhaps, in regards to pack politics and leading ladies) still remained within Relic Lore. Perhaps this was the reason why Jaysyek had let him and Bishop go; for, if they ever ended up here, she had confidence in having a peace of mind, trusting that Elettra and/or Narime might look after them in her stead. However, Narime had not met his father, at least, not yet.

A tidbit about Uncle Angier came next, and it was here that Rook came to realize that his Uncle Angier had found a mate within Elettra, which would have made her his Aunt by relation. His lips made an "o" sort of shape beneath his nose as he fully comprehended the idea; and, immediately, he wondered if he and Bishop ought to have gone to the east instead. He whisked the idea away; if he had not come to Whisper Caverns, he might not have met Titan...

Coming back to the thought of cousins, though, Rook's face lit up. "I never knew that," he commented, his ears coming down in a rather modest gesture as he stirred the water with his left fore paw. He probably should have asked his mother for information before he had left Renegades Reach, but a part of him had been selfish then, not wanting her to worry about whether or not he would come searching about Relic Lore for answers. When he had last asked his father about Relic Lore some months ago, Borden merely shrugged and walked away.

"Thank you," he smiled at her. "It means a lot that you'd share that with me." The sky was just starting to light up in a brilliant sapphire blue color now, but Rook still figured he had just enough time between now and the moment the very last catfish surfaced to feed. For the time being, the yearling's ear twitched at the sound of the frog reemerging from the cattails. He waded over to the other side of a wall of plants; but, not wanting to be rude, he poked his head through the thin stalks and parted them with his muzzle in order to peer over at his superior with a smile. She was welcome to tell him more about what she knew - about Elettra or about Angier or what other memories she might have had about his mother - but he had a much more pressing question, "Do frogs taste good?" Somewhere to his right the amphibian trilled as if to answer him in a defiant "No!"

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

"You are more than welcome Rook. I've been around so if you have a question of some kind I can most likely answer it for you. Even if that does make me sound kinda old."

She added that last bit quickly after realizing that she did very much sound like some kind of experienced adult. Which confused her because last Nari knew was that she was a naive inexperienced yearling then an early mother with no clue what to do. Her brows furrowed as the silver woman muses over all the things that had happened to her over the past two years.

"I remember when I first ran into Grizzly Hollow territory... I was so young back then, and of course it had been an accident. I had chased prey straight towards the border without realizing it."

Nari hummed lightly after she spoke. Her eyes were filled with memories now.

"I met a wolf named Sibyl and she was very kind to me as I apologized for the error. Honestly, if I had not met Elettra, I probably would have gone to join the Hollow wolves."

She smiled warmly before glancing at the frog and then to Rook. He asked a question that brought a bright smile to her maw as Nari stood up to pin point the frog by its loud call.

"Personally, I LOVE eating frogs. Though it's really just their legs that taste good. The rest of their body is rubbery once you get past the uh... slimy skin. "

Nari replied while watching to see if Rook would go after the frog that had yipped at him earlier. Then she looked around for one of her own to go after. Though a question about Rook settled upon her lips.

"I know why the Grizzly wolves left, but why did you decide to leave them and come here?"

Her question was an innocent one as Nari stepped over the sand and boulders that lined the shore looking for frogs.
faestock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

The frog had done well to divert Rook's attention and as soon as the croak had sounded out, the boy was delving into the reeds while he was still (partially) processing what Narime had told him about how she had met Sibyl and his Aunt Elettra. While she was expression her opinion about how she enjoyed the taste of frog every now and then, the rubbery and slimy part about amphibians was about to become a learning experience for him in the next few moments. Parting the cattails aside with his paws and standing as though he were straddling a log or sprawled out over a large, rounded boulder, his eyes searched for bubbles that might give away where his prey was hiding underwater.

"Mmmhmm," he absentmindedly replied to her comment about frog legs. Craning his neck over the dark surface, his ears perked when she asked him why he had decided to leave his family and come to Relic Lore. From the corner of his eye, he watched as she began to either help him search or make an attempt to snatch up a frog for herself. Since the catfish were no longer feeding, he figured he might have better luck with a web-footed entree, which had four fumbling legs to struggle with instead of one powerful tail and two measly fins.

His head whipped to the right when he thought he had heard something likened to a plop in the water. "Um," he started again, keeping himself in their conversation. "My dad's--" something like a croak cut him off and Rook was distracted. "My dad... he..." Rrrrk Rrrrrk RRK! The yearling froze, his head only moving to and fro to determine where he had heard the sound of his target. The wood frog seemed absolutely clueless as to where he was, possibly even unaware that Rook was staring at his striped back and balloon-like belly.

A small number of nearby wood frogs on the edges of the Lagoon answered it but the only reply it got was the loud splash from the yearling's attempt at trying to snap at one of its feet. Really, though, it probably should have started to find a good place to bunker down for the winter. Rook plunged his muzzle and head into the water, bumbling around in the shallows and out on the other side of the wall of reeds he had been in the middle of. His splashes continued, followed by the audible snap of his jaws; but, then, all too soon it grew quiet again and the ripples caused by the Lyall's movements dissipated after a while...

Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narime's gaze traveled over the marshy edge of the lagoon before spotting herself a nice Mink frog. Standing rigid, but placing all of her weight onto her back legs, Nari readied herself to spring forwards. She watched the frog hungrily while half listening to Rook's words. She noticed how distracted he was and decided not to push him further with an answer. She too was beginning to lose interest in the conversation with such nice frogs around. Though a tiny flash of memory did cause her to pause. It was a memory of Sloane bringing her frogs while she was pregnant with Titan, Malia, and Yuka. Biting her lip and trying to force the memory away to stay concentrated, Nari once more locked gazes with her quarry before speeding forwards.

Lots of splashing followed as the she wolf dirtied herself up and captured her opponent. The Mink frog let out a shrill call before Nari crunched down upon its spine effectively silencing it. With the kickshaw held tightly in her sleek gray muzzle Narime let her tail wag throwing little droplets of water everywhere. She looked towards Rook to see if he had any success with his own frog. She hoped that after a few frog legs that he would be able to concentrate a bit more. She had to chuckle a bit though, for Rook acted a lot like Titan had when he was a tad bit younger. It made her feel a little warm inside while looking at the young Lyall. She wondered slightly if he would ever be able to fix his own problems and get passed it all. Much like she had when she was just a yearling.

"Speech"

faestock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief