Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
@Narimé - After Silver and Karpos fight so he has a scar across his left eye :D
we must accept finite disappointment,
karpos slayer
but never lose infinite hope...

The boy had been trying to remain focused with the hopes that no one would notice the very obvious scar across his eye but he had been failing at it and he probably had lost an aunt in the process. That particular day he had found himself wandering about the meadow with his mind on a distant place. He wanted to be alone and he wanted to see no one. There was a scent, Silver’s scent. It stung his heart because he had done the same to her, giving her a scar right across her muzzle. He felt guilty above everything else to know that he had been such a whiny brat the past twelve months. Had he ruined everything that was good in his life? Probably…

He also caught the scent of his ‘Aunt Nari’ whom he was not sure he could trust. His aunt had told Silver about his father’s betrayal and he wasn’t sure what her take on it was. The fact was that if his aunt Nari had the same views as Silver, then could they truly get along? He owed his father’s actions his life. If his father had never run off then he would have never been born. Perhaps that would have been better. No, he couldn’t start looking at life like one complete failure. He hadn’t failed at everything. He had been told that he would be a capable guardian by Sir Mapplethorpe and although the man now hated him, he would still remember what Hollowheart Keep had done for him.

Then there was Nova, who seemed like the only wolf in the world (other than Adsi) that he actually got along with. All of Willow Ridge would hate him and perhaps their allies too. Hollowheart Keep wanted his head on a spike and there were a few assorted wolves that held a particular dislike for him. It didn’t matter, none of it mattered, because he would rise up stronger than his father had and he would do so by leaving Cut Rock River on peaceful terms (hopefully) to raise his destiny should the time come where he could form a pack in his own image. He was ambitious and nothing could stop him from getting what he set his heart to.

He looked at the borders as he debated calling for his aunt to get what she thought of it. But if he called… then perhaps Silver would answer his call instead and perhaps she would finish the job. As it was his left eye had a limited vision. It wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t as it had been before the fight. Above all, it stung almost every day as it scarred over. He’d finally picked a name for the place of their fight, a name for him and only him to remember, Scarred Sycamore Butte. Well, actually he was between two names. Scarred Sycamore Butte and Burnt Sycamore Butte.

He was already planning things down the road but he forgot one important detail. A lot could change in a few years or even one.

Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
I'm going to guess that since Karpos smells both Silver and Nari right now that he's at the border? If not I can change this post a little.

Today wasn't a "go out, scout, and hunt" kind of day for Nari. She had woken up not feeling herself and decided to make it an easy day. So instead her day would be filled with patrolling around the borders and refreshing the markers for @Ash to help him out a little more. Though she had an urge to seek out her children to see how they were getting along with their individual training sessions. She wanted to see how Yuka and Titan were being taught by the rest of the pack. Or more specifically, how they were being taught by Ash and Kassander.

However those urges would have to wait until she got the border fully marked. The silver wolf had managed to get three quarters of the border done before the fresh familiar scent and sight of a dark wolf walking along the border ahead of her brought a growl out of the she wolf. She lengthened her stride not sure at the moment who exactly the stranger was. Her nose only concentrated on the fact that the stranger had another pack's smell draped over their coat.

It wasn't until she reached the stranger that the hunter's strangely colored eyes recognized the younger brownish black wolf that was padding parallel to her border. His scent registered a name in her mind as Nari dropped her growl, smoothed out the ruffles in her coat, and let her banner wag behind her. "Karpos? Is that you boy? My how you have grown!" Nari called to the wolf who was now only a short distance away.

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
@Narimé
karpos slayer

He hadn't been paying attention to other scents wafting through the air and so he had not caught the scent of his 'aunt' until she spoke and his mind snapped back into the reality of things. He turned and backed away, the scar across his eyes present when he wished it not to be. He gulped a bit as she seemed to greet him kindly and it stung at his heart. Was it more pity for being the son of a 'traitor'? He spoke with no emotions present in his tone. "Yes it is me." He held a cautious look in his eyes because he did not know what to expect from her. He sighed slightly as he sat down on his haunches. He hadn't really been in the mood for confrontation lately, at least not peacefully.

His mind rushed with different scenarios as he looked at her, showing her the proper respects by tucking his tail lower than her's and whatnot. "How are you Aunt Nari?" He asked with little emotion in his voice. He expected her to go off in a rant about how his father was evil or something despite her behavior that she was displaying. He just didn't know and it bothered him because it was making him uneasy for no apparent reason. He toyed with the idea of just walking away but decided against it. He realized that with his scar he almost looked exactly like his father. The difference was his father's coat was lighter than his and his father had a small scar next to the one he had on his eye when Karpos only had one.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

When Karpos answered her with a sullen "yes" Nari's tail began to beat at the air. She didn't care so much for the proper greetings and dominance dancing that more strict packs and leaders made their subordinates do. Ever since she was a yearling in Willow Ridge those kind of displays didn't mean too much to her for all she wanted was for her friends and family to be happy. They had always known her position in the rankings and never really minded to do displays with her.

So when Karpos respectfully lowered his posture and tucked his tail she shook her head and smiled warmly. "Come here and greet me like you would real family!" She growled deeply and affectionately before slinking up next to the grown boy and licking him wherever he allowed her to. reached to gently nose and lick the scar running over his eye. A scar that made her wonder how harsh life was treating the young man. Wishing she could have done more for him when he was younger, but knowing there was nothing else for her to do; Nari finally stepped back and allowed him some space.

"Oh well....I haven't had the best well... life as of late." Nari slowed her wagging tail then looked to the sky where her daughter probably was watching over them all. "Just trying to forget the bad things in life and move on if you know what I mean." The she wolf let a sad look pass through her blue gaze while she looked up at the clouds longingly.

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
karpos slayer

She simply demanded that he greet her like real family would and it made him smile a little bit. He didn't know what she thought of his father, but she didn't seem to reflect any ill will onto Karpos and for that he was grateful. She approached and licked his face in greeting and he smiled a little bit, licking her nose. She stood back to give him space and talked about how life wasn't going too well for her lately. He completely understood where she was coming from. She was trying to forget it all too and he frowned a bit with those words. "I know exactly what you mean Aunt Nari. Life hasn't been treating me too well either though it's mostly my fault." He sighed as he looked at his paws.

"I don't know, things just got real bad after everyone disappeared from Pitch Pine Trail. I came back from an adventure one day and the only wolf I could find was Capella. She helped me to a pack in the mountains. I knew a princess from there and she helped me in but I didn't see any of my family until winter's end almost. What's worse is this princess ended up just using me for a game. She got me kicked out of a pack I was thriving in because she didn't like something I had said. I did find them all again though... all except Ana who was like my mum after my real mum disappeared after my birth. She raised me and she disappeared on the mountains looking for me. It's my fault that she might be dead." He admitted to his aunt with sadness hanging in his eyes. The Trail was his home and would always be his place. While he would probably never live there again, it was a part of him that he could never forget.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Narime sat herself down to listen as Karpos smiled the smallest smile. She could tell he was holding it back, but she didn't press him anymore out of respect. He was, just like Yuka and Titan, getting older. Though she still didn't look at him or her own sons as adults yet. The young mother was learning to give them their space and a bit of respect. Mostly because of Yuka's bursts of defiance when it came to her trying to coddle him.

She nodded at his first words. The first steps to becoming wise and fixing issues was to accept when you yourself started the problems. She smiled warmly trying to let him know that he wasn't alone with the woes of the world perching upon his shoulders. For she shared in that great weight pressing down on her too.

Tentatively she reached her moist nose forward and touched his sad drooping crown. Licking the spot between his ears gently the she wolf shrugged her shoulders.

"We are not meant to forget the past and the deaths or disappearances of those we love, but to learn from it. Maybe you love the mountains now, but when you find the one she wolf you were meant to be with, home won't be on those mountains. It will be wherever she is." Nari smiled gently while pulling back her own crown. She wished she could believe her own words, and in a way she could. However what she didn't know was if you could find more than just that one wolf to love? Will I find another male to make a home with? Or was Sloane my one and only? her thoughts whispered before Nari turned to look at the landscape full of longing.

(This post was last modified: Aug 17, 2014, 11:22 PM by Narimé.)