Feathers and Bones — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 15 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Arcania Soli
AW -
Salvation
I've been rooting for Voldemort, Vader, and The Joker

It had been almost a month, perhaps a little over three weeks, since the queen named Nayeli had accepted her into Oak Tree Bend as a yearling with some potential. She had been keeping herself busy by patrolling or scouting or hunting for six out of the seven days each week. Once a week she would take a day to be by herself and think about things. She would reflect during those days and it was that time of the week again. Arc took a calming breathe as she worked her way through the dark woods towards the borders. She liked to wander around there because it was close to the river and the river was just a calming place for her when she wanted to relax.

Her dark tawny fur was disheveled and so when she arrived at the river she slowly undid all of the knots out of her fur and then she leaned down towards the water and lapped up some. She sat down and peered into the water, watching it. Perhaps she would see a fish or maybe she would just stare at the water all day. She would look quite odd if she just stared at the water all day so when she saw a fish approaching where she was watching, she just had to get it. She launched herself into the water and onto the fish, which was a very strange way to fish, and landed just next to the fish. She cursed under her breathe as it swam away. The cool water reached her lower belly and she smiled a bit. It felt good but it was cold. She got out of the water and shook off her fur. Another failed fishing attempt for her...

Without them there is no story
The villains are the heroes

Arcania

(This post was last modified: Aug 06, 2014, 02:47 AM by Arcania.)
[Image: hashtags-gbachhello.png]
[Image: Arcania-greysig01.png]
Played by Shadow who has 410 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
You should consider making the font size bigger on your table. 9px is really hard to read for old farts like me. =) Just a suggestion. Thanks for your patience! Tagging some others, so feel free to join in if you'd like! It's an AW thread. =)

During the winter and the early spring months, Oak Tree Bend had been a quiet place. But now that summer was here, the woods had exploded with new noises, including those of new wolves. They were strangers, and while Triell and Nayeli had accepted them into their midst, Serach had kept his distance. He watched from afar as the new wolves settled into the territory, his heart racing in agitation any time they came too close to his newborn cousins. There were the two older ones that climbed over each other all the time, @Florence and @Vera. Then there was the quiet one, @Spieden. He could distinguish @Vectra easily enough from the other's, with her pale face and brown body. Then there was this one, @Arcania. He hadn't meant to follow her, but when the strange she-wolf's scent had crossed his path that day, his curiosity got the better of him and he meandered after her.

She had gone to the creek. Watching from behind a tree, Serach stared at her. Seriously? She came all the way to the creek just to clean herself? His brow furrowed and confusion and he shook his head. They were of similar age, both yearlings, but besides his brother @Sceral, his interactions with wolves his own age was very limited. So when Arcania leapt into the water, Serach couldn't help but audibly laugh at her ridiculousness. He knew she had heard him, so he stepped out and approached the creek bank. "What in the world..." he laughed, shaking his head at her.

Played by Luna who has 17 posts.
Inactive VI. Yearling
Vectra Alaina
Ooc: sorry if Vectra's character seems a bit confusing atm, but while she is a yearling she tends to act a bit different to each interaction.

Was wandering towards the creek to get a cold drink, having been exerting herself, she was trying to learn to run harder and longer. Best way to do that in her opinion was to see how long you could chase a hare and keep up. Sad to say the fast creature gave her a run for her money, and won. She didn't get the prize in the end. So panting and tired she needed a drink. Arriving on the scene it seemed as though someone was already there, Ears drooping the young girl wasn't really sure how, or even if she should approach. So, she just stood their, hoping they would move on. Her tail hung low and head drooping, showing all the signs that she was worn out at the moment. She could smell they were from Oak tree bend, but she didn't.... know them.

She took a step back, then slowly sat down, tilting her head, somewhat curious. These wolves were yearlings like her. But yet her tiredness made her want to just get a nice drink and head off. After all she didn't know them, how could she tell if they were friendly or not? brushing up her tail around her she discovered a sudden fasciation with the ground. Just way to shy and unsure to be outgoing right now. So she would sit softly digging her paw into the dirt, waiting for the duo to move on.
(This post was last modified: Aug 07, 2014, 06:18 PM by Vectra.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Inactive IV. Yearling
Arcania Soli
@Serach @Vectra - I blame Band Camp for my lateness!!! Sorry this one it a bit of a ramble too.
Salvation
I've been rooting for Voldemort, Vader, and The Joker

She heard a laughing and it distracted her from her soaking wet fur. She looked up to see a ghost white boy that was about her age laughing at her and she frowned as she looked at him with confusion. "Oi! What are you laughing at?" She asked with a small smile forming on her muzzle. He was shaking his head at her when she turned her attention to a third wolf in the party. The third wolf seemed to be ignoring her so she turned her attention back to the boy. "Fishing is probably the only thing I cannot do to save my life." She stated rather defensively as she continued to shake her fur to dry it off. She looked at the river with a bit of a sadness to herself.

She had made a complete and utter fool of herself. Not only that but it was the first thing that this boy had seen from her. He was her packmate and the first thing he sees of her is her failing at fishing."I'm Arcania. Arcania Soli." She introduced with a slight tip of her head. Her eyes kept glancing between the girl who was shy, the boy who was laughing, and the river which had soaked her pelt. She gulped as her tongue ran across the bottom of the inside of her muzzle. She glanced briefly at the ground before switching her glances to the boy and the girl. They were all her age it would seem and it began to make Arcania wonder if a lot of the wolves in the Bend were her age. Also, were they all nice and welcoming like Nayeli was?

Without them there is no story
The villains are the heroes

Arcania

(This post was last modified: Aug 18, 2014, 12:04 AM by Arcania.)
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata

Serach's shoulders shook as he laughed. He wasn't a particularly good fisher himself, but that didn't stop him from finding her failed attempt funny. He couldn't help but snort and roll his eyes at her though when she tried to defend herself. The only thing she couldn't do? Somebody thinks highly of themselves. But his mother had not raised him to be an ass, so he didn't comment on it. Instead, he turned his gaze to the other wolf who came running up the creek bank. She didn't say anything and merely sat down, causing Serach to tilt his head to the side in confusion. What in the world had his uncle seen in these two girls?

The first girl introduced herself and he looked back at her, dipping his head slightly in acknowledgement. "I'm Serach Donata. I'm Triell's nephew," he told her, intentionally pointing out the connection between himself and the pack's leadership. It was important to him that Oak Tree Bend maintained its familial ties, even when they were flooded with outsiders who knew nothing of the pack's wolves and its history. "I grew up fishing in this creek. You'd have a better chance at catching something if you went further south. There's some shallow pools there where the fish get stuck sometimes - even bad fishers can catch something there." He told Arcania, not bothering to hide the cocky grin on his face.

Still grinning, he looked back at the russet wolf with the white face. "Hey! Sorry that we're more boring than the ground, but you could at least introduce yourself!" he shouted at her. The youth could handle a newcomer who was bad at fishing and overly confident, but he would not abide by silent strangers. Shyness was not an attribute he was familiar with, so without waiting for a response, he walked towards Vectra, determined to get her to talk.

Inactive IV. Yearling
Arcania Soli

When Serach spoke, her attention was piqued. She nodded. "I'll make sure I do that! I'm still trying to learn my way around the territory." The last part of it was said with a small and nervous laugh. He's too cocky for his own good. She thought about it as he walked towards Vectra in an attempt to socialize with the girl. Arcania was denying herself the truth when she lied about not being disappointed when the other girl seemingly vanished before her eyes. Arc frowned and turned to Triell's nephew with a smile and nervous smile. "Looks like you scared her away great and power Serach. I'm going to head up to those shallow ponds you were telling me about if you'd like to join me." She said with a large amount of sarcasm in her voice, an amused look was plastered on her face.

The hope of catching a fish as a kickshaw was gone so she pushed farther up the stream. She didn't necessarily care if the boy her age followed her but having someone to talk to was always nice. Her stormy grey eyes were focused on the stream as she watched the fish tease her stomach by swimming by in the water. She began to wonder if she had made the right choice joining a pack she barely knew. Deep down she knew that she wouldn't have survived much longer and she knew that Nayeli seemed nice enough but she still felt uncomfortable around the pack den. She had gone as far as to make her own den away from the others. Perhaps she was just more of a recluse by nature? She had no idea anymore.

Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
@Arcania - I would recommend changing the color of your speaking text. It's really hard to read the black on dark brown.

The boy's eyes widened as the brown female with the white face took off. It seemed he had spooked her, and for just a moment, he felt bad that she had not taken his teasing in the light hearted manner that he had meant it. Oops. Sorry about that, he mentally thought after her, as she disappeared back into the wood from which she had originally come. Shaking his head in disbelief, he looked at Arcania and shrugged his shoulders. "I suppose I did," he agreed with her as she suggested that it was him who had frightened the other girl into running off. "She won't last long here, not if she can't socialize enough to share her name," he admitted as he turned back towards Arcania and began to pad alongside her on the bank of the creek.

For a few minutes, the boy remained silent, content to watch her as she waded downstream in the direction he had indicated. Although he wouldn't admit it to a stranger, he was not a very good fisher himself, and had found the shallow pools to be a godsend when it came to poaching the pack's main water source for food. "Have you been here long?" he asked her, stepping over a fallen tree branch that had sunk into the wet ground. "I don't think I've seen you around here before." That was true enough. With so many new faces taking up residence in the pack's territory, it was hard to keep track of them all.