526 Users Online
Google, Bing

Tell me I am better (than my brother) — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
[Image: archerlyallcrowns.png]
Her laughter was a sound that he rarely ever heard; yet, as it fluttered from her, it filled him with a warmth that enlivened him, waking up the long-lost part of him that had once known what requited love was. His eyes came up to look at the treetops while a now tranquil sort of quiet came over them. She called to him then, "Angier..." and he smiled over to her, responding back with a delicate, "Hmm?"

"A girl came to my borders a bit ago, seeking protection." she stated. "Send 'em away," he partially sneered in a hasty remark, but she continued, "I allowed her to visit, until I know more of her and her child." Again, Angier made a face, returning his eyes skyward. She's your niece, Angier. It's Taima."

Taima...

Angier rolled over to look at her in disbelief before averting his eyes and folding his ears back. So, she had survived... Just as Elettra had thought back to Jaysyek, Angier's thoughts were thrown back to his brother Borden and how the two of them had once conducted a search for the missing near-yearling. He scowled for a bit, his focus seemingly trained on the tips of his dirt-covered forepaws. He had a mind to counter El with a rather unmannerly "Are ya sure it was 'er?" but thought better of it. The Archer woman was as smart as they come - maybe even more so, in his opinion - and also he knew better than to question her. He had every confidence to trust that she would not lie to him; they were partners, Leaders, equals... Surely that aspect in their relationship (which had begun when they had first shared that wispy willow tree in the middle of a mid-June thunderstorm) was not to be doubted or even tested, not when they had made it this far. Together.

He heaved an airy sigh that exited through his nose, then craned his head down to press a few more kisses into the fur just behind her ear. "I'll take care of 'er," he cooed. "Get to the bottom of it all..." The thought of Titan and his message suddenly sprang to mind. "She might know something... but I'll see what she wants."

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
She would have sent her away. Had every intention to until she had mentioned her name and Angier being her uncle. After all, she was a young woman who had spread her legs far too soon without thought of her actions. She had a child which was yet another mouth to feed that would take away from her own children. There was also a good chance there was a man out there who would show up at her borders seeking to be with his family to which only further threatened her and her mates leadership. Elettra, very obviously, was uneasy with mates within her pack after what had happened with Shade and Rose. Even Angier knew better to allow someone like that into the ranks and yet, being family had certainly made manners difficult for them.

Silently then, Elettra nodded to his words. She had nothing more to say on the manner and, not knowing what to due with the woman herself, would leave the family matter of it all to her mate. Likely, she would be staying granted the grim situation, but it was without a doubt that the young Lyall girl would watched closely. Sorya had done the duty of it so far and reportedly Taima had yet to do anything within the pack worthy of calling herself a true proud member of Willow Ridge. Sighing and pressing her muzzle up into Angier's scruff, she was content to end the conversation due to her trust in him to do what was best.
Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
[Image: archerlyallcrowns.png]
Elettra fell quiet, nodding in response to his words. As she nestled herself against him, he let out a small sigh of his own. It seemed he had come home just in time; only the gods knew what might have happened if he had been the one to venture north instead of Skoll. Content to remain with her in the last light of day, he grazed his chin over the crown of her head; and, after tucking one of his forelimbs close to him, he cast his gaze out towards the stillness of the trees. What he could see and sense beyond the willows immediately surrounding them gave him a sense of comfort, knowing that their able-bodied pack and kin were doing what they can while the rest laid in wait. Like their queen.

As the silence stretched on, he kept still, but after about half an hour or maybe a full hour (Angier couldn't be sure), he tipped his muzzle downward to gently nudge his mate's jaw. He smiled at her, then as slowly as he could, he stood up and waited for her follow suit. "It's gettin' late," he whispered, affectionately nibbling at the tips of her ears. While his eyes spoke of what she most-likely already knew - that Castiel and Greer were waiting for their return, that Skoll or Morganna would not be back later in the night, and that he wanted to see her at least get a good night's rest while he stood guard over a portion of the northern borders (he might have traveled quite a bit in the last few days, but it was the least he could do to try and soothe Elettra's nerves; sleep, he figured, would only be welcome once their son Deacon was back on Willow Ridge soil) - he cooed to her softly, "I'll walk you to th'den an' tuck you in, then I'll see if I can track Taima down."

(Fade.)

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)