642 Users Online
Google, Bing

Calm before the Storm — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mily who has 369 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
@Nina Late Afternoon

This was planned :) and, Ghost, slight major pp. Im so sorry. Tell me if anything bothered you and I'll change it! <3

Edit: Forward to 7/4/14
After Narime's visits

Speech.

Unlike the other times she had traved to these part of the lands, it had been a quick trip. She had wanted to visit the Lady of the Thickets for a while now, even before everything went down in Whisper Caverns. But, with everything just in turmoil, the woman hadn't wanted to just make it worse with such a long trip at the time. So now, as everything was beginning to settle down, it was a good a time as any. Inali considered Nina a friend, and was sure that she would be happy to know that not only was her daughter safe, but also her brother. So, with excited energy, she had requested permission from @Minka to head to the Thickets, where Lady Nina's pack resided. She assured the mother that everything would be fine, and no harm would come to her. Or at least, that was a her hope. It had been common knowledge that Whisper Caverns had been, and still were, allies of Secret Woodlands. So, with a hesitant blessing, Inali had set off.

It took a bit of time to reach a land from where she knew her stuff, but once she did, it took no time at all to reach Secret Woodlands borders. To her delight, she recognized a scent that she knew. @Bane's. Inali would make sure to ask about the boy once she got done with the buisness part of her mission. Lifting her delicate muzzle, a polite song requesting the Lady's presence left her maw. Smiling, she made sure to keep her stance neutral. There was sure mutch to catch up on.

(This post was last modified: Jul 03, 2014, 10:35 PM by Inali.)
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]

Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

She had been den bound ever since the pups were born and had finally grown to the point of needing to go out for some fresh air and walk around for a bit. She had been quick to call for @Mirren to watch over her children while she went out, and made haste to depart as soon as he arrived so that she could be relieved of some of her tense muscles that had been formed from sending too much time in the cramped birthing den for so long. It felt nice to be reunited with her lands, and as she nosed her way through the territory, she recognized, or whether, didn't recognize, many new scents within her lands, most of which had the mark of Miccah on them. Her pack certainly had grown since the last time she had left the den. Her eyebrows were creased, her single-eyed gaze roaming the thickets in confusion. She understood that Miccah and her were equals, but to have accepted this many new members while she was having pups was uncalled for and, quite honestly, dangerous, for her pups and for the new subordinates. Nina was quite moody when it came to her hormones, especially after the pups were born, and she didn't know how she would be able to react in such a way.

The alpha didn't have long to ponder her thoughts before a familiar call echoed from her borders, for her specifically. Immediately, Nina made her way towards where the call had sounded from. Perhaps, she would be lucky and it would be news from Whisper Cavern's scout that her dearest friend, Sloane, had returned from his disappearance, and she could once again be graced with happiness. However, she knew well enough that good news such as that was never something that she should get her hopes up for. As she entered the area, she brought her banner up high and straightened her posture a considerable amount before speaking strongly, ”Inali, it is a pleasure to see you once again. What has brought you to my borders at this time of year?” The older woman asked the question politely, but truly was kind of put off as to why she would be here so close to when the pups were born. Was there a medical emergency that required her immediate attention? If so, then Nina could easily send one of her pupils with Inali, but Willow Ridge was closer, and it wouldn't have made since for the Wayha to travel all this way just for herbs.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Water is beginning to freeze and some fish are trapped. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Speech.

Nina came strolling in from the shadows, looking as dignified and as regal as ever. Inali smiled slightly at the Lady of the Thickets before it shifted into a small frown and mentally shifted to her buisness part of her travel to the Thickets. "Unfortunately it is a buisness outing instead of a pleasurable one." Keeping her gaze on the woman she considered a friend, she opened her maw once again. "Things happened in Whisper Caverns..and not all good things. Before I tell you my tale, I want to give you the good news before the bad. Your daughter, Danica, is safe within Whisper Caverns borders. And your brother, Ash, now leads them, and by now probably Narime by his side." How would Nina react to the news she was going to tell her? Would her friend see her as a traitor as well? At least she knew that Nina would probably be happy of her current news, since she had undoubtedly been worrying of her daughter and brother's whereabouts.

Letting the news sink in, Inali waited patiently for a short time before once again opening her maw. "I left Whisper Caverns..along with some others." Her smiling face fell and her gaze grew slightly frantic. But please, let me explain! I have been falsely accused as a traitor, and I only ask for a chance to explain before you may or may not view me in that light as well." She shook her head somewhat sadly before connecting her gaze once again to Nina's strong one. Waiting for the lady's response, Inali sat on her haunches trying her damn hardest not to fidget like a child in trouble.

(This post was last modified: Jul 03, 2014, 04:43 PM by Inali.)
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The hope she had gathered within her that Inali had been sent from Nari and Ash soon left her when she heard the creamy woman speak. Even if she had not heard the whole story between what had happened within the Whisper Cavern borders, it was dangerous for her. Nina didn't know how she was going to explain this to the Wayha but she truly hoped the other woman would understand. The Hervok had to stick by her brother no matter what, because they had both helped each other dearly when one needed the other. It was hard for her to have to deny her friend, but she knew it was what would have to be done. Sighing softly, she waited for Inali to finish, what she saw saying, and as Nina took in the other woman's frantic looking eyes, she knew she couldn't encourage her and give her hope.

So with a sigh of defeat, she opened her jaws to speak, ”I know about what has happened. Miss Thorben has already come and informed me of what has happened. I'm afraid that I have to stand by my brother on this one, Miss Wayha. However...I will let you explain so that I know both sides of what has happened.” She remained still then, allowing herself to remain standing on her side of the border. She did not want to give the creamy woman any hope that Secret Woodlands would have anything to do with their developing pack. They would not be allies, ever.

Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Speech.

The look in Nina's eyes gave her her answer before she even heard the defeat in Nina's sigh. Whatever she said, would change nothing. There was no possible way to get back to the comraderie that they shared before. But at least Nina had given her a chance to speak her side of the story. "It all began when Narime left on her scouting mission to the mountains. I would've gone with her, but she wanted to do this on her own. It was only supposed to take a week's time, two weeks at the most. But two weeks quickly turned into four and we were worried. So Minka took the initiative and finally stepped up as Leader. Very soon after, Sloane left and Nari returned. Her absence had already caused much tension between the pack and a new alpha male that came out of the blue didnt help things very much. Not many people liked Ash, but I thought he was nice. Scary at times...but nice." Taking a breather to let the words process, Inali tried to decide how she would continue.

"The harshness of winter didnt make things any better. Everyone was worried, and everyone was snapping at eachother. It was awful, really." Inali being the natural peacemaker at most times, clearly found it frustrating that no one would just talk it out like civilized adults."When winter finally started coming to an end, Minka had already made the decision to leave the pack. She didn't get along with your brother very well, Im afraid. Mating season came around, and well..Minka and Tokino chose to breed. Then we had a pack meeting where everything came out in the open, including that Minka had propositioned me to.leave with her. That really caused a slight uproar, since I was the only one who hadn't picked a 'side'. But how could I? They didnt understand that they were all my family. Couldn't they tell that this couldn't be decided on the spot?" She shrugged slightly. That was the thing that really bothered her. Did they really think that this had been an easy decision? She had stewed for weeks trying to make the best decision for all of them. And all it had brought her was pain and guilt but no regret. Never regret. "There was a big blowout a couple weeks later, where Tokino and Nari got in a fight. Truly, it made me angry. They were just making the tension worse within the pack, and that was the night your brother kicked us out." There. It was done. She didnt think there was anything else to say. Not that it would change anything, but it felt good to finally vent out her frustrations. Maybe it wasn't the brightest idea to confess it all to Ash's sister, but the deed was already done.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

Nina listened to Inali's confession, her ears twitching towards the woman to make sure it was obvious that she was listening. It made her sad to know that someone she considered a friend would no longer be considered as such, but the Hervok knew that she had to stick by her brother's side. They were blood relatives and she already had her own family within the pack and she would be damned should anything happen to them. The golden brown alpha's brother had come a long way from when he had first entered the lands and she knew that the brute had endured hard things throughout his life in the Lore and Nina could definitely understand his actions. Never the less, she listened attentively, finding no problems in her tale until she came to her jumbled thoughts. Loyalty and trust was something big for Nina and she could understand why Ash's policies were similar to her own, they were kin and considering the problems that her brother had encountered on his journey, she was not a single bit surprised.

She was familiar with everything that Inali was telling Nina and she sighed softly, her dark lips parting as she spoke, ”It seems that Lady Thorben is quite gifted at informing me of both sides of the story, Miss Wayha. I am sorry to inform you that I completely agree with my brother's tactics, but I would have had you out of my pack the moment that they announced leaving at they asked to recruit other members of my family. You must understand, even if you were torn, loyalty and trust is something that runs deep with both my brother and Lady Thorben...you broke both of those things by leaving with Minka and Tokino.” Nina had no intention of starting an argument, and it would have been a bad idea for Inali to do so on the borders of Nina's land. She had her whole family to back her right now, except perhaps that of her lead partner, but things were going to change soon, she could feel it in her bones. But she also knew she had to cut ties with the friend that stood in front of her.