(See All?) Announcements
618 Users Online

far away — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Sarah who has 142 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Ozera Ahote
<blockquote>

Everything thus far had been slowly developing, climbing numbly towards a distant apex: the breaking point. The dreary, expanse of grey in the sky was heavy, monotonous. In fact, it was so heavy that it did not even seem capable of supporting its own weight. The sky seemed to hang low, drape itself on the rattling, chattering arms of the trees. They did not want this burden. And if that didn't seem to be enough, there was always the sharp pain in her sides, the throb in her leg. These factors all culminated in one awful, miserable afternoon spent in the bassinet of jumbled tree roots. She was too broken to crawl in to the regular dens. Ozera's reality seemed intent on pushing her, seeing how much she would take. She was unremarkable: like everyone, she had a breaking point. And gradually, she was approaching it.

Moody was perhaps the best adjective for her at the moment. This in itself was a startling phenomenon, since Ozera often sidestepped any malicious thought or melancholy notion. But she was tired of being cooped up in this place. Her keepers were angry, broken bones, who did not wish for her to move at all. No matter how she tried, she could never move very far from this spot. At the moment, she was planning on giving up. "Screw moving. I can just sit here the rest of my life. I'll be a rock." Surely, she would be a welcomed addition to this infinitely dismal, colorless world. "Yep. I'll be a rock."

Rocks don't feel. Good. They don't think, they don't talk, they don't react. Bad. Yet, at the moment, she would give anything to not be plagued by pain and this incessantly somber day. She paused, trying to clear her head of everything, to empty it all so she could be a statue. But all she saw was Ruiko. Well, that's fitting. "Oh, if only you could see me now, Ruiko." She wondered if he would laugh at her. Probably not. Rocks don't laugh. That thought itself would have been worth laughing at, she noted, if it weren't for the damn pain in her sides that made laughter so impossible. </blockquote>

Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Borlla lounged about Swift River's surrounding area. She hated staying near the dens, just as she had hated staying near the dens when she was little. Dens were for sleeping, not for "hanging out" around. Who was she supposed to hang out with anyone? Triell would definitely have better things to do, and Borlla didn't particularly want to do things with him anyway. Ruiko would have been fine if he hadn't left...And that meant that she definitely didn't want to do anything with Indru. He was probably busy with Corinna, and other...Leader-y things. That probably wasn't entirely true. He'd been the leader before, and they'd done plenty. She was just upset.

What made what Ioni did wrong, but what Indru did right? It seemed the Ruiko just kept getting the short end of it all. Even if Ioni hadn't actually won. Borlla's train of thought was taking her places she didn't want to go. She hunted mindless for a few hours, catching nothing but air, and a skinny rabbit. Her mind was plagued with thoughts that she didn't quite understand. It was sad that she had to pretend to be older...She couldn't just be older. But asking questions like the ones floating about inside of her were silly. They would ruin the illusion. She'd suck it up, and go on with her life.

That's what she always did. She could hardly remember if the death of her parents had even affected her. Had she asked any questions about it? Probably not. She didn't want to be whiny like Kinis was. The rock pile that signified Swift River came into clear view through the trees, and a moment later she stepped into the land, sighing through the bony rabbit that was locked between her teeth. A mottled sort of wolf was lying among the trees. Borlla stared at the orange-eyed wolf before moving towards her. It was hard to keep the dejected look off of her face, and she didn't even want to know what she sounded like. So, she said nothing, and merely dropped the rabbit at the paws of the wolf, and turned away, prepared to wander back into the den. Did she even know that female's name? Clearly she was in Swift River. She smelled like Swift River, and Indru hadn't gone after her for being here. But at the moment, Borlla didn't particularly care. She was behind on all of this...Pack stuff, clearly. Why start catching up now? <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Inactive Deceased
Ozera Ahote
<blockquote><ul>lame post alert :c</li></ul>

Thump.

Ozera's eyes, the color of curiosity flecked with hints of hunger, watched the carcass fall at her feet. What's this? Her questioning eyes flicked upwards to her benefactor, only to see that it was a pale youngster already turning around. Ozera could have sworn that the pup looked... sort of... what was it....deflated. Despondent. Now, that nearly knocked the wind from Ozera. She couldn't even hunt for her damn self, and here was this sad little scrap of fur moping about, giving her the rabbit that she had caught. Ozera didn't even know her name. "Wait," she called softly, "I can't take this. You caught it." Although it wasn't like Ozera could actually catch anything herself. But it's the principal of the matter.

And though the broken wolf, with her fur all unkempt and in utter disarray was trying to reject the meal based on ethics, she also did not want the pup to turn away. Some of it was because of the peculiar slump in the tawny female's shoulders, but most of it was her desire for conversation. To be fair, Ozera only knew two members of Swift River, both of them Tainn brothers. How could she turn down the opportunity to actually converse with another female? "Come back here, please?" </blockquote>

(This post was last modified: Feb 28, 2011, 11:45 PM by Ozera.)
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
What made Borlla think that she could just drop it and walk away? Of course, the one wolf that she decided to be nice to decided that they wanted to talk to her. But it wasn't like she could just say no. It wouldn't be right to be rude to someone that wasn't her family in Swift River...Especially if they told Indru. But she ignored the female's voice at first. While she stopped walking, she didn't sit and she certainly didn't turn around. <b style="color:#32527a">"Just eat the stupid rabbit," Borlla droned, and hoped that her words took hold. She started walking again.

But that obviously wasn't enough for the female. She called out again. How could she be so polite? It was almost pathetic. Like begging. With a groan, she stopped again. Was it worth it to ignore her? Was it fair to be mad at this stranger just because she was upset with her brothers? While she wouldn't ignore the she-wolf, she certainly would make it seem like this was the last thing she wanted to do. At first at least. With a dramatic heave of her shoulders, she sighed, and twisted to look over her shoulder, her face quite forlorn, though that was necessarily on purpose. Her body soon followed suit, and she walked the few steps back to sit in front of the injured female. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

Inactive Deceased
Ozera Ahote
<blockquote><ul>short awful post is short and awful :C</li></ul>
Just eat the stupid rabbit. The sentiment, so dead yet so painful, would have stung a lesser wolf deeply. Yet Ozera refused to let the pup's rudeness get to her. Instead, she wondered only about her demeanor, the flat, empty tone in her voice. Whatever misgivings she had though, she had turned around now, and, with her raincloud in tow, came to sit before Ozera. Boy is this confusing. Concern tinged with a light, helpful smile creased Ozera's mottled, dark features, "Why do you look so sad? Is there something wrong?" Genuine care echoed every syllable. </blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
It was silent for a moment, and Borlla couldn't help but notice the smile that had appeared on the face of the injured wolf. Oh god. The last thing she needed was consoling. It was sad, even to Borlla, that she couldn't even get along with wolves in her own pack. Maybe it was just the monotony of it all. If they were Swift River wolves, they were boring. There couldn't be any adventures. She couldn't make friends because none of them were her own age. Especially this bag of bones. Indru wasn't nice enough to the younger wolves. He couldn't even be nice to his brother!

Borlla's rampaging thoughts had little ground to them. Her anger, while mostly proper, seemed to be going in all the wrong directions. But it wasn't like she'd talk to her older brother. The older wolf finally broke the silence, which had felt a lot longer than it really was. Her voice was honest, and caring. It made Borlla's stomach hurt. <b style="color:#32527a">"It's not like you can actually do anything about it, even if I was upset." Her honey eyes narrowed, and she glanced at the rabbit. Why hadn't she eaten it yet? <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

Inactive Deceased
Ozera Ahote
<blockquote>

The little girl's reply was strangely barbed, and it confused Ozera. If she wasn't upset, then why did she look so depressed? And what was this nonsense about "actually being able to do anything about it." If there was nothing wrong, then of course Ozera couldn't do anything. But there were underlying implications, like the way she said "about it," that lead Ozera to believe she was in denial. Strange. Carefully, Ozera responded, "I don't believe you. You look pretty upset to me." Why she would lie about it when every movement made it painstakingly obvious was beyond Ozera.

At the moment, the white depression was eyeing the rabbit she had given her. Probably waiting for her to eat it, although Ozera still felt that she couldn't just take food from others. "We could share, if you want." Something inside her said that the peculiar creature would turn her down, but there was no harm in asking. "I'm Ozera, by the way." Names, names were always good. Behind her, her tale swept the dust warily, hopefully.</blockquote>

Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Casting her eyes away from the female, Borlla growled, ears twisting back. It was frustration, mostly, not anger. How could she be so damn persistent? Was it some trait that old people had, because if Indru developed it, she was sure she'd have to kill him. She finally managed to bring herself to look at the elder wolf again, <b style="color:#32527a">"I'm fine. It's family business, so...Mind your own." Her jowls twitched as she said that, and was glad that the female had taken note of her little look at the rabbit.

...Not that she actually wanted to share.

<b style="color:#32527a">"Uhm, you do realize that there's hardly enough on there for one. Besides, you're like...'above me' or something. So, can you please just eat it?" The frustration was now lined with desperation and she leaned forward, eyes wide, ears back, and her voice was just begging the female to listen, just once. Borlla longed to be obeyed, and probably longed even more to be left alone. However, she couldn't be alone. It was a necessity to talk and be talked to in return. Or even just sit near someone. Otherwise, she was sure she'd go insane. <b style="color:#32527a">"I'm Borlla." She said, leaning back again, and letting her fluffy tail curl around her haunch. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

(This post was last modified: Mar 14, 2011, 11:50 AM by Borlla.)
Inactive Deceased
Ozera Ahote
<blockquote><ul>going back to ozera feels like such a downer lately xD happy pants mcgeee.</li></ul>

Family business. The term confused Ozera, who was so open and never really grew up in a world where there was business meant only for family. Or had there been secrets no one had ever told her? It was too long ago for her to really remember. After the deaths of her parents she had mostly tried to rewrite over their memories with fields of bright paintbrush and aster, buttercups and brome. Now that she thought back on it, things seemed a bit hazy, but Ozera would not admit that it had anything to do with her approaching sixth birthday. Not at all. At any rate, Ozera realized she didn't even know how to mind her own business. Why was this pup being so orney? After all, she only wanted to help. The older female saw nothing wrong with her nosiness, figured that it was a healthy curiosity.

But it dawned on her, then, that this mention of family business meant something. Family. Which, in Swift River, always meant one thing: the Tainns. Funny, she thought with a snort, Indru never mentioned any sisters. She had only ever heard him talk about his brothers. And Triell, the same. And well.... Ruiko... Wait. Abruptly, she gave the youngster a sidelong glance, but quickly thought the better of speaking her mind. Instead, despite the irony, the Beta female followed the orders of the pup and dipped her head in for a swift bite of rabbit. But could it be that she's upset over Ruiko? Her eyes flicked up at the pup — Borlla.

She decided to begin carefully, and drew a very deliberate breath before letting the words come out. "I know your brothers. Or well, some of them." Another bite of rabbit. Swallow, smile. Ozera carefully delved deeper into the conversation, "I wish Ruiko hadn't left." Oh.. wait, that came out wrong. Quickly, Ozera shoved her face back into the rabbit.</blockquote>

(This post was last modified: Mar 14, 2011, 10:47 PM by Ozera.)
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
:C I'm sorry borlla is a butt. she's just been getting angrier and angrier in my head.
Her eyes were locked almost viciously on the elder female, though, besides that, her face or body posture showed no real signs of aggression. It was too easy to get her irritated lately. Though, bottling it up wouldn't do the young wolf any good. Ozera knew her brothers. Well, whoop-dee-doo. <b style="color:#32527a">"I hate my brothers. The ones that are my age at least, though it would probably save time just to say I hate all of them." It was close enough anyway, and she rolled her shoulders in completion. But she was rather surprised to hear Ozera say that she missed Ruiko. <b style="color:#32527a">"You didn't even know him." Contempt was strong in her voice, and she growled at the female. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."