(See All?) Announcements
599 Users Online
Google, Bing, Aven, Hazelnut

Finding Friendship <3 — Black Thorn Downs 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Missy who has 124 posts.
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats
No problem, sorry for the wait for this one too. I kind of lost my muse for a second there. But I def found it now. Good luck to Lugh on this one;)

Fly listened closely to Lugh's description of the Goldenrod. When he claimed that it would have golden flowers during the spring, the russet huntress smiled wide. She couldn't wait for winter to be over so she could see such a thing for herself; it sounded absolutely beautiful. With a memorized glint in her eye, Fly commented, "These are my favorite." And then continued to listen to Lugh list everything the plant could be used for. Wounds, aches, teeth ache, sore throats; it seemed like the plant was as useful as it was beautiful. Fly gave a small pout when Lugh nudged the plant and made the butterfly fly away, but at the same time she was awe struck by how dainty the little bug looked when it was flying. Much prettier than the bug that shared her name.

As Lugh mentioned that the plant was also good luck, Fly became more resolved in this plant being her favorite, but when the Healer said that it was good for 'sweethearts' Fly snapped her head to look at him curiously. "Sweethearts?" She asked, testing the word on her tongue. She had not said it very loudly, so Lugh prattled on about his visit to some place called Secret Woodlands. Firefly's curiosity grew more intense at the mention of another pack.

"Wait, wait wait." Fly said to make sure she had the Healer's full attention. "There is another pack nearby? I've never heard of them. What are they like? Are they our friends?" The young huntress paused momentarily to recall her other question and with a face contorted by confusion, she looked up at Lugh and asked, "And what's a....sweetheart?" Little did the Healer know, that Fly had never been exposed or taught about the romantic relationships some wolves formed. Minka and Tokino were the first mated couple Fly had ever run into and since they were both Alphas, the young girl had not looked too closely into their relationship. To her, they belonged together. As for Kova and Noble, well Minka was their mom and Tokino was their dad and it was as simple as that. Questions about how Kova and Noble had come into this world had never plagued Firefly's mind. Any idea of 'sweethearts', love, or mating were completely foreign to her.

"Speech"

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Kydnt who has 55 posts.
Inactive II. Herbalist
Lugh Whelan
@Firefly Sorry I'm slow again!

Lugh's ears perked up as he focused on Fly as she caught his attention. Her first question was of a more serious nature. But at her second question, whether it was the turn of phrase or the whole concept she didn't understand, he couldn't help chuckle. Addressing them in order, he began on the woodlands pack.

"Yep! There sure is. They're just... Oh, I want t' say, a little to the southwest o' our den. They live in some sort o' thicket, overgrown enough to trip up anyone's paws! 'Ow they live there without fallin' over and crackin' their skulls every moment o' th' day is anyone's guess. They don't seem terribly too keen on us bein' here, so close to their pack. Which is why I think we oughta kill 'em with kindness, if ya get what I'm sayin'? Don't want to give them any reason to 'ate us." He told Fly, hoping she would take his advice to heart. If the packs were to get along, they would need everyone to be on the same page. He was optimistic that they would be able to live in peace with eachother, but good neighborly relations were still something you had to work at, they didn't just happen.

"Now as fer sweethearts! Ah, that's someone ya fancy! Or love I s'pose, if you're so inclined!" He grinned as he told her, wondering if she'd get squirmy the way younglings usually did when bringing up anything edging towards romance.

"Now 'ow about you pull up this goldenrod, I'll grab the devil's nettle, and you can 'elp me take 'em back to the infirmary?" He asked her. "No point in lettin' the work of finding good 'erbs to go waste."

table by Grey / 2014
(This post was last modified: Dec 15, 2014, 08:25 AM by Lugh.)
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats
All good! I know mine have been taking a while too! But I think just one exit post from each and then it will be all done!:) Or we could fade it out. Whatever you prefer:) @Lugh

Fly listened as Lugh described the packet that lived in the thicket. Apparently they weren't very nice and as for them not wanting the Down wolves around, well that was just too darn bad. Fly had half a mind to say so, but Lugh seemed to think there was a better way of handling the situation. Kill 'em with kindness? Fly certainly had never heard of kindness killing anyone, but if Lugh thought it would work she believed him. Besides, she was too quickly distracted by his explanation of sweethearts to say anything else about the thicket wolves.

Fancy? Love? Well, Fly loved her mom so did that make her and her mom sweethearts? Her nose twitched in confusion as she pondered the idea. She was going to ask Lugh more about that but before she could she was once again distracted by a new turn in their conversation. He wanted her to dig up the goldenrod and Fly's focus became wholly absorbed in making sure she did that correctly. She carefully used her paws to scoop away the mud that was next to the root of the plant and then wrapped her teeth around the base of it and pulled. Hopefully it wouldn't break. Or was it okay if it broke? She wasn't sure but she was confident that Lugh would give her instructions if she messed it up. Overall, she was just happy to be helping with pack duties other than hunting. She loved to hunt but she didn't want that to be the only thing she could offer her pack. It would be cool to have some knowledge of herbs as well.

As Fly dislodged the plant and it did not break, she looked up happily at Lugh with her tail wagging and woofed. "I did it! Herbs are kinda cool. Im glad I could help you find some!"She piped up, hoping that Lugh would continue to invite her on these little herb-finding adventures.

"Speech"

Inactive II. Herbalist
Lugh Whelan
I can wrap it up in my next post :3

Lugh backtracked a little, quickly finding the yarrow again. He took a more straightforward strategy than his companion, simply grasping one of the tufts at its base, clasping its stem down in the space just behind his canines and uprooting it with a stiff tug. Up with the plant came the roots, which Lugh shook free of soil with a few gentle shakes of his head. He'd ripped enough plants out of the ground in his time to know the fastest way for certain plants. He repeated this a few more times until the small patch of yarrow was completely pulled up and set into a neat pile just before him. He looked over to Fly, grinning toothily at her excited voice.

"Good work! Couldn'ta done it without yer 'elp!" He said with a bit of flattery. Of course he could have pulled up some plants on his own, but it didn't hurt for the girl to have some reassurance. He bent down and grabbed his bundle of yarrow, trotting over to Fly's side and nudging her shoulder with his own. "Yer rrrrdy t' hhherrd berccck ," He mumbled around the plants in his mouth, hoping she would be able to guess he had asked her if she was 'ready to head back'. One could literally tie his mouth shut and he'd probably manage to keep talking.

table by Grey / 2014
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats
Okay sounds good!:)

Firefly observed how Lugh uprooted the yarrow and realized that she probably hadn't needed to be so gentle when she uprooted he goldenrod. Well, she knew better now. After Lugh had collected a good amount of yarrow, he looked up to her with his buttery eyes and said "Good work! Couldn'ta done it without yer 'elp!" which made Firefly curl her black lips up into a wide, happy smile.

Russet tail wagging happily behind her, Firefly waited for Lugh to pick up his batch of herbs. After he did he mumbled something that Fly didn't quite understand. She loved his accent but trying to understand it when spoken through a thick clump of herbs was nearly impossible. However, as he trotted towards her and nudged her shoulder she assumed that he had asked something about heading back home. Scooping up the goldenrod between her jaws, Fly nodded and happily galloped forward, glancing behind her to make sure that Lugh was following."Ca' we do dis again um'time?" She called out, giggled at the sound of her voice muffled by the herbs she was carrying. She hoped Lugh could understand and that he would agree to let her come hope search for herbs again sometime. Though she had her heart set on being a Hunter, Fly thought it was important to know a little about everything and it would only make her a more worthy pack mate if she could her collect herbs and prey.

"Speech"

Inactive II. Herbalist
Lugh Whelan

Lugh bounced along after Firefly, not far behind but a little bit left in the dust by her youthful energy. Not to be outdone, his skinny legs did double pace just to catch up to her side. Running and trying to breathe through he bouquet of plants stuffed in his mouth, he could only answer Fly's muffled question with a firm bob of his head and a grunt of "Mmm hmmm! 'F cursh!". It was nice to get out and spend time with his packmates. He really loved sharing his knowledge with others, which could even serve useful for them. He had always hoped that the cubs would come to him curious about the healing arts, but they never did. So he was excited that Fly seemed to take even a temporary interest.

The trip back to the infirmary was spent in pleasant company, even if conversation was stifled into non-existance by bundles of herbs. Once they had made it back, Lugh took the goldenrod from Fly and set it with his own bunch of yarrow just inside the mouth of the infirmary. As fun as that little break was, he still had a lot of work to do for the day and so bid Firefly farewell with a wagging tail.

table by Grey / 2014

{End}