(See All?) Announcements
667 Users Online
Bing, Saoirse

Hold My Tongue — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
ooc;sorry it took me awhile i was debating if jayse and triell would have crossed paths before relic lore, and well keep triell unbiased lol.
The melody of the river was a haylcyon sound. Almost like it'd calm any distress, with it's steady flow through the lands. It wasn't working on Ozera. He could tell there were many thoughts going behind her eyes and Triell looked on into the night making sure no harmful prowlers were about. The charcoal nose could not detect a wisp of an enemy, and in the silver strings of light he saw nothing out of place. Silently like a night guard he let her fight with the demons of her thoughts, waiting to hear what she might say. Holding back for what more could he say? She needed to work this out, and he was no mind reader, and his intuition only told him something was amiss.

Large ears swept up in her direction, letting his eyes fall on her face with a look of wondering. Who helped her fall's idenity was a mystery to not just him, but her. Then she spoke of an unmatching pair of eyes, doubting any wolf could really have such a pair of different hues. Triell was loss for words, again wanting to put her mind at ease. This really must bother her, thinking someone had shoved her from a great heigth but who and why. Bending his neck down, he briefly lapped at the water, then froze tongue in mid-stream. A wolf with blue eye, and gold eye. A picture of a gray brushed, white female was vivid in his head. Tongue slinked back into his jaws. Despite his drink, his throat felt dry. "I..I've seen a wolf like that." He had not seen her in Relic Lore, but briefly met her on his way here. She had appeared nice, a little withdrawn but nothing vicious. What did he know, obviously Ozera hadn't jumped off all by herself.

[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Sarah who has 142 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Ozera Ahote
<blockquote><ul>going to be short. I have no muse, but the best cure is to write anyway and not make it a chore. SOOO. here goes.</li></ul>

When she had said that there was no possibility that such a wolf was could possibly exist, she had been hoping for reassurance. No, not hoping, not even expecting, knowing that there would be some form of, "Oh Ozera, how crazy that thought is," tagged on to Triell's response. So of course, to hear something to the contrary made her choke and cough. Spasmodically, her neck jerked up, and for a very long moment her eyes watched Triell for hints of ruse. Except there wasn't one. The air trembled delicately around her while she exhaled slowly, shallowly. He didn't appear to be joking.

For some reason, she still coughed out, "You're kidding, right?"</blockquote>

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
ooc; that's what i got to do. :) don't feel bad a post is a post after all. i much rather have one then none.

Maybe he shouldn't have told her that, he was afraid he might have put her in epileptic shock or something. Body jerked with spasm, as she looked on him like he'd said some awful joke and she couldn't believe the punch line. Crap. Maybe he should go back to not talking, make it a permanant thing. "Breath Zera....breath." Nudging her softly, as he half wondered if she'd chocked or something. Triangle points twisted hearing the harshness of air pryed into her lungs.

Delima after delima. Could life not settle the hell down for once? He growled, entirely inwardly pissed at mother nature and her cruel jokes. He didn't want to lie to Ozera, but he had a strong urge to laugh out of no where and go yup gotcha. How cruel would that be. Already mess with her poor head. Triell was to honest a fellow, damn it. "I'm afraid not. She um sorta helped me find the direction of home."Truelly he'd gotten a little side-tracked trying to find Borlla, well lost really. Then she pointed him in the right direction to Relic Lore, and they parted ways. So he'd thought, it was a little eerie thinking she may have followed him a little further. "Do you think, she really shoved you off?" The boy's voice was etched with concern, brows wrinkled together.
(This post was last modified: Mar 01, 2011, 01:36 AM by Triell.)
Inactive Deceased
Ozera Ahote
<blockquote>It took the sibilant, sturdy voice of Triell for her to realize that for a moment she had actually stopped breathing for a moment there. A gust of chilled breath rolled from her breath, swirling and rocking in the tempestuous atmosphere, coaxed out of her by Triell's prodding nose. Ozera looked the youth up and down, realizing that he seemed pretty unsettled by the whole thing as she listened to unfocused, hushed thunder in his throat. Momentarily, she was very sorry that she had even mentioned the nightmares at all. Before her was now a lanky shadow, explaining his acquaintance with the wolf she had seen —or at least, one similar— in her dreams almost apologetically.

But when Triell asked for Ozera's take on her whole dream fiasco, Ozera just shook her head glumly. "I have no idea," she mumbled, her voice deflating. "I don't want to say yes... because... What if I'm wrong? I don't know. I... I don't want to believe that there's someone out there like that." Because Ozera simple couldn't live in a world where the henchmen of... evil ran amok, cosseted by the darkness. "Innocent until proven guilty... I guess."

However, it was not in Ozera's heart to condemn, only excuse.</blockquote>

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Voice, not the same did hold what comfort, reassurance he needed somehow. Triell didn't want to think of the evil the world could hold either, adn certainly not one been in close encounters with. Involuntary shudder, ran it's fingers down his spine. Forcing his body still, he tried to keep his form firm the worse thing would be to topple dear Ozera into the stupid water. Taking his own calming breath, his thoughts were deep upon the subject she'd shared. The statement fitted what kind of wolf Ozera was, Triell could only hope nothing was done in malice, and would try and believe it like she.

"Good way to look at it. Maybe some day we'll know...." Words faded into an abrut sigh. He so much felt she was the bits of his mother he had missed out on he just wished she was all better and they could put this entire matter behind them. Was this the first step? What he would give to know, and to have a magical remedy to make it all better. Poof like he was the fairy puppy now, to fix the sorrow and pain of this earth. Triell didn't know what a fairy was, only somehow still believing in the strange thing called magic all children were bound to do. "Are you, alright now?" He didn't want to make her tired of the question. The young Tainn did want his friend to be well, and have relief. "Man, we really need to do something fun I think. Are you hungry? I have an idea if you are." Obsidan tail swung round behind him, this time he grinned because he had a swell idea all right. Least better then this funsucker they were havin'.
Inactive Deceased
Ozera Ahote
<blockquote>

Shudders and sighs and maybes, and then a question: was she alright? Ozera hesitated with an answer. Was this what her life had become? Ozera had never wanted this. Broken bones and bruised hearts and loneliness. And she was getting... old. She must be getting old if she was starting to let all this get to her. But I've been through worse. My family is gone, and I survived. I'm still here. Her eyes flashed when they caught slanted beams of moonlight as she looked around her. It was a dark world that she saw, shrouded in the color of the night, the color of uncertainty. But beside her was a sculpted piece of midnight, only a pup, and he was asking her if she was okay. So young, yet so caring and gentle. And hadn't he lost too? That sweeping feeling of motherhood took her again. The world was too cruel to him. She was aware that she still owed the poor thing his wishes. Abruptly, she swung her head back to face him and gave his muzzle a lap for good measure. "Yes, yes I think I'm alright now. I mean, things can only get better."

She would have been insane to turn down his offer for food, although she really didn't know what he planned on doing. Her ears and curiosity were perked, though, at the thought of fun and food. Especially when they were tied together. "I don't know how much of a help I'll be, but I could definitely go for a bite right about now."</blockquote>

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Muzzle warmed at the source of touch, and it lit a fire working his way across his jaw in a happy smile."Good, that's the spirit I know." He declared, and affecionately licked the at the swirl o' hiar, top of her head. Someone had to be upbeat, and he needed it like breathing. He would not let tragedy drag him down to be misery's company. Neither would he let it do that to her. Good things. That was what made life worth while, those moments when all the bad made you appreciate what you had, and rejoice. A humorous chuckle, growing deep, shook his sides. Honesty was nice to hear, and he expected no less. Least she did't pretend about the fact she could't go running after anything. But he had no means to go hunt in the dark now. Though he did have an idea for her to help him hunt another day.

"I already caught something. So no worries." Closed lips, he showed white front of his pearlsin a literate toothy grin. Adding his brows drew in arc and fell in a silly gesture. Quickly, though he bowed down next to her, helping her start the trek back to the den's security. Quick scout ahead, the young lad peeked round once more for prying eyes. No danger, no spies, he whispered,"I'll let you guess what it is though."The boy was trying to be mysterious, but coming off as a little excited. "You can ask me five questions. And I'll give you clues, alright?" A little softer this time, he laughed, smiling a devious one at that, wondering if she'd knew the prize he'd managed. What they may have to masticate.
(This post was last modified: Mar 02, 2011, 04:51 AM by Triell.)
Inactive Deceased
Ozera Ahote
<blockquote><ul>bad posts are increasingly bad.</li></ul>

Oh. So Triell had already caught something? "You caught something?" Ozera had to admit, she was a bit surprised. Then again, she didn't know much about Triell's skills as a hunter. She giggled, "Kidding, of course." As the pair slumped towards some unknown destination, the battered wolf considered the possibilities. For fun, though, she threw out some completely random guesses.

"Is it pink? Please tell me it's pink."

Pause.

"Pink and slimy. Definitely, I can feel it." For good measure, she licked her lips ravenously, trying not to laugh.

"And it has twelve legs. And TWO heads." Yes. Clearly there was such a creature. Ozera cast a high-brow glance at Triell, daring him to contradict her, to laugh at her. Was that five? One, two, three, four... "Oh. And it can fly. But only backwards." Inwardly, Ozera wished that this pink and slimy backwards beast could exist beyond the confines of the walls of her mind. But the walls were high and sturdy, and there was no chance that this marvel of imagination would survive in the real world. The real world was too full of doubt and nonbelievers. </blockquote>

(This post was last modified: Mar 06, 2011, 07:05 PM by Ozera.)
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
The youth rolled his eyes at her answer, feeling sillier by the closer to his den they got. "I think all prince charming's can hunt, or they should" He replied, giving a mellow laugh, and shaking his head. Coarse she giggled, stating she was teasing. "Pink? You really fell hard didnt you," Gently bumped nose against white cheek, further nudging her to try again. Gave a unwilded chortle snort and all. "Oh Ozera." The lad sighed, wondering where she was pulling up this ridiculus notions. "Slimy, maybe." Could it be slimy? Maybe in the water he decided.

They were almost outside the door of it's room, and he paused listening to her furher far-fetched guesses. "What?" Soon, he had to stop, and step away from Zera. He was laughing so hard he couldnt breath. He wasn't sure why it was that funny, but it felt good to laugh till it hurt. Literally. "Stop....stop." He muttered through a few spouts, trying to inhale more air than his windpipes would allow. Somehow he was on his stomach, staring up at her. The laughs slowly died, and he blinked his orange eyes. Suddenly he could breath, and snapped up to his feet feeling a very sillly. "I wish, it was you wait here and I'll get it."

He ventured the to the outside of his den in the melting snowbanks. Furiously he started digging until he found the remains of his beave. It had the meat on it, he had only chewed on the bones. Happily, he picked it up, and toted it to her feet. "It's a beaver, and last I checked they only got four legs. But this guy doesn't have any left." Nosed it toward her, "Eat, it should taste just as good as it did yesterday." He gave a true boyish grin, tail skimming the dirt behind him.

Inactive Deceased
Ozera Ahote
<blockquote>

And then suddenly the world was filled to the brim with deep, playful happiness that spilled about as Triell rolled on the ground. It began to look almost as if he was having trouble breathing, but Ozera delighted in her comedic talent. Too long had it been since she or anyone else around had laughed like that. The rolling waves of ecstasy nearly swept her off of her feet as she began to giggle along with him, in spite of the pain it caused her chest. To deny laughter was to give in to the pain, to choose it. Ozera could never do that. Instead, she did her best to ignore it, not letting even a bit of it's darkness puncture her blissful smile as she watched Triell eventually gain control of himself.

Patiently she waited while Triell dove into the snow to search for this mysterious but non-fantastic creature. At this point, her curiosity was as sharp as her hunger. Then out of the snow popped Triell's dark head, and hanging from his jaws was a large mass of brown fur. Beaver. Ozera could not recall eating beaver before, despite having seen them on a few occasions in her travels. But they weren't easy to catch when they were in the water. Her greedy, serpentine tongue snaked out of her mouth, swiping about her maw. "Oh Prince charming, you are quite the hunter indeed! How did you manage?" Awkwardly, with a cross between a hop and a hobble, Ozera closed the distance between her and the carcass. Wafting from it was probably the most tantalizing scent Ozera could remember, but that may just have been because she was starving. "Why hello Mr. Beaver, you look simply ravishing. And you will look even more so inside of my stomach," she chimed, nosing the carass.</blockquote>