(See All?) Announcements
727 Users Online
Google, Bing, Magg

wolf, dragon, elk, and lion — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Titan nodded as he listened to the Lady of the willows speak. Though after she finished an awkward silence began to root between the three wolves. Feeling strange at the absence of noise while in the presence of the Ridge leaders, Titan searched for something else to say. Staying somewhat on the topic of tasks, the young man finally ended the silence.

"My mother has been hovering over my brother Yuka and me. Even though we are both trying to learn separate roles under other pack mates shes always there...just watching." He tried his luck with small talk which was something Titan had never been too good with. Even now his eyes were darting from the ground, to the trees, and back again while keeping his train of thought. "Mom sent me here as a scout and taught me what to do. She has also tried teaching me about hunting and I find that enjoyable enough, but I really want to learn more about the healing arts." He felt a bit of his frustrations coming out in his words as Titan spoke about Narime and the things she had taught him. "My brother is trying to learn how to be a guardian. He kind of reminds me of Uncle Guiness a little nowadays. Yuka has always been quiet and watchful." Titan stopped himself from saying anything else; quite aware of how he was now embarrassing himself by rambling in front of an alpha pair.

"Umm.. Do you have any well versed healers in your pack? We used to have Simaea, but she disappeared in the snows of winter, and then Ash accepted Kassander into the pack. He is a year older than me, but doesn't seem to know everything about healing." He paused trying to word his question properly. "I just want to find a teacher who can tell me about the stuff Kassander can't... I don't know if I'm allowed to ask you guys this though." Once more he looked to the trees and lowered himself in an apologetic manner unsure if what he was doing was correct or not.

Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
He went on then, continuing about his mother and his brother. At first he was uncertain of what to say actually, but once he did start speaking he did say quite a bit. In a manner, he reminded her of Narime. Whilst Nina and Elettra were all business (and really could not afford to stay with one another long given their distance) Narime came often or not simply to catch up and talk. Of course, Elettra was not much a woman for chit-chat and small talk and allowed the silvery hued woman to do most of the rambling for it, it seemed the same for this boy, too. Elettra sat back, drinking up the information she was gaining. He wanted to become a Healer, is seemed, whilst his brother wanted to become a Guardin. Yet what of their sister, Malia? Elettra, though she had learned of Nina's son's fate - Tacoma, had not learned that one of Narime's children as well had not made it past her first year.

"Why yes, quite a number of us are rather knowledgeable with a number of herbs, even if only the basics." Her eyes shift to Angier then, who had been known on many occasions to bring back herbs for Elettra to make use of, whether it be some simple things such as headache, soreness in the muscles, inability to sleep well or even further, open wounds or infection. Still, she imagined, her knack for remembering many different plants by scent and sight and knowing not only what they were used for but how to use them, certainly made her the main 'surgeon' in this hospital. "Now as for well versed...." She pauses, a smirk upon her. "That would be me." And yet... "However, a woman amongst us named Adelaide is quite knowledgeable as well." She pauses yet once more, allowing him to take into consideration her own skills she held as well as the other woman Elettra mentioned that might be of help. "Of course you may ask. We are allies, we help one another equally with manners, trading off, as of sorts. A number of times, when I have helped your mother and her pack with medical needs, she has in turn brought us food. She was a great huntress in my pack, once. In fact, if at any point you may like, you can go across the idea with you mother of you living here." She pauses, her attention once more shifting to her mate settled as her side before back to the black and silvery toned boy. "Adelaide or I could further your Medic skills whilst you care for the pack by hunting, border patrol and watching the newest litter. When you are satisfied with your teachings, you may return home."
Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
If I'm counting this right this post is 13. It will be Titan's exit post. Then @Elettra posts with a 250 word exit and @Angier with his and we'll be at 15 ^^ :D

"Yeah I decided to learn after my sister Malia died. I want to be able to keep my friends and family from dying on me, or at least to help them as much as I possibly can." Silently he also wondered what Malia would have wanted to learn as a role.

Titan looked upward hopefully as the dark lady spoke. It seemed as though Willow Ridge had more healers within its ranks than there's did. Or at least by the way Elettra spoke it seemed so. For a moment the shadowy lad wondered if the healing arts were a skill less known throughout the land. If wolves who practiced healing were smaller in number compared to the hunters, scouts, and guardians that usually held ranks within packs.

His attention settled back upon the older she wolf as she smirks. He nodded slowly to show that he was listening while mentally kicking himself for not noticing the scent of herbs upon Elettra's coat. He had gotten used to the smells of plants where he practiced, and hadn't noticed how displaced the herbal smell on her coat was out here in the open. Nodding again as she spoke of a third she wolf in her pack who knew the arts, Titan huffed softly amazed that there were so many healers right next door.

Cocking his head as curiosity beamed through those blue orbs, Titan tried to think of his mother at his age working under Elettra as a hunter. He could imagine it as Nari had been their lead hunter in Whisper Caverns as well. She led almost every hunt, and brought in plenty of small game on her own. Yes, Titan and his siblings had been well fed for the most part.

While she paused, Titan thought of himself staying here in the Ridge for a while. Excitement rippled through him at the idea. What thrilled him more was that Elettra was inviting him to stay for a while and would allow him to go back to Whisper Caverns when he wanted to. That meant that he would still be able to go back to Danica, Yuka, Nari, and the rest of the pack afterward.

"That is very kind of you ma'am, and it is an offer I am very interested in. I'll probably talk with mother soon about it." He answered politely with a new respect beginning to show within those dark blue orbs. Glancing over his shoulder towards where the edge of drooping willows lay far off, Titan wondered if his mother would be able to let him go easily. Or if she'll try to keep me home instead... The boy could easily imagine her clawing him back to the territory worried about his well being.

He listened to the woman and waited for any other questions. Once more silence began to fill the air Titan got the feeling that he was taking up too much of the leading pairs time. If they were anything like Ash and Nari then Titan knew that they would have plenty to do throughout the territory, and he didn't want to keep them from their work any longer. "Thank you so much for your time. I should be getting back home to speak with the others now." He stood up now and waved his tail in a warm farewell gesture. Then he half turned but paused in case they had anything else to say. Once farewells were given Titan dipped his head respectfully then turned fully and trotted off. His nose was pointed in the direction of home and pride swelled in his chest as he realized he had accomplished a real mission for the pack.

(Exit Titan)

Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
A sudden shock touched her at Titan's words, causing her ears to perk and her pale eyes to widen. "Oh..." She speaks only firstly, allowing the death of one of Narime's children sink in. She had not known. Already, Elettra (and @Angier as she had told him) knew of one of Nina's children dying, a son of hers. Now, one of Narime's own had fallen - and her daughter, her very first daughter. "I did not know. ...Tell Narime-" She cut herself off, frowning. An 'I'm sorry' just simply would not cut it. There was nothing Elettra could say or do to make it better. Elettra was beginning to realize more and more just how lucky she was that all three of her children had survived the winter. For it was ether luck or Elettra was one hell of a mother...

The boy, with a beaming blue gaze, seemed excited none the less about Elettra's offer despite the grim mention of his sister's death. Elettra could only hope that Narime would be willing to let him go. After all, many children when they became of age went off on their own to explore the world, sometimes returning home after their ventures or sometimes setting up a new life of her own as she had done herself. There was, without a doubt, Titan would be taken care of. After all, she had raised her children just fine and, as Narime had been but a yearling herself when she joined her ranks, had done the same in caring for her as she could her son now. The thought, however, kind of made Elettra feel old...

"...And thank you for the information. We will put it to good use." She spoke then as she lifted as the younger wolf before her did. She side glanced once more to her mate, wondering if he would have any last words. Elettra's attention befell the boy only when he dipped his head in farewell and made himself off back to the west. The Whisper Caverns pack was but a stone throw away and she was certain she would hear from him again soon.
(This post was last modified: Sep 22, 2014, 07:28 PM by Elettra.)
Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
I've had nothing but bad luck with this thread. :c sorry guys for the hold-up.

Being quiet and all, it would seem like Angier had very little to say but, in fact, the Lyall was all ears. As the conversation continued on between his mate and the young Scout, he watched and listened to them. Though he was very much a Leader on his own four limbs, when in the presence of his beloved, he hung back. Elettra held power here, especially since she was well-versed in the pack politics currently at hand. She knew Narimé and her pack, and had known much more about the relationship between Whisper Caverns and Willow Ridge. He liked to fancy the idea that if he had a better grasp at what was agreed upon, he might have had something to contribute to the discussion.

He remained at the lady Archer's side, an unwavering pillar of support and an alert guard while his mate acquired the boy's message - about Minka and Tokino, their cubs, and how Titan was in search of a mentor who specialized in herbs. His white-furred jowls parted but he remained silent and sealed his lips instead. At present, he had very little time to spare, let alone share his knowledge about what his Uncle Cutter had taught him long ago about medicinal plants, edible herbs, and where to find the most common and beneficial greenery. As Titan continued to relay a bit of small talk - particularly about the death of his sister, Malia - Angier's mind wandered elsewhere and for a time his gaze seemed distant, though his ears remained up and alert.

"Tell Narime-" Elettra then extended, but her voice was cut off. Angier blinked and instinctively glanced around, searching for the disturbance that had disrupted her sentence. He looked to Titan then to his beloved, finding that she merely frowned in thought. He looked her over, but already the boy was extending his gratitude, to which the matriarch graciously reciprocated. The Lyall nodded back and when her silvery gaze met his he gave her a small, assuring smile. He supposed it was time to leave.

Prompted to move, he took a step to the side, his body curving in a manner that suggested he would very much enjoy walking her back to the heart of their realm. What she would make or do with the information she was given, was up to her; and, as a witness, to what he had just heard, he would keep the information to himself. For now, the wolves of Willow Ridge would wait, certain that Titan would come knocking on their doorstep again...

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)