641 Users Online
Bing, Google

bite to break skin — Blackberry Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Quinn who has 12 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Bayliss Thane
[Image: texta_zpsceffff48.png]
    • Bayliss had always catered to a soft spot for blackberries, pulling her from the north and into the ruins of wildwood. She tiptoed around the lingering scent of an established domain, avoiding contact with anyone of her species, and nestled into the heart of the fields to feast to her hearts content.

The new summer was treating her fairly enough; she had just entered her fourth year, and was finally starting to let go of the emotions that had dug their claws so deeply into her heart. No longer did she dream of Emberlynn's soft voice, or Donovan's airy smile. The ghosts had retreated back to their corners and the promising light of a new land and all its opportunities kept them cowering in the dark. She was considering allying herself with a pack; though she was enjoying the adventure and lessons of life on her own instinct drove her to seek company. Anyways, it was important to be established before a time need; the past winter had been especially harsh, and she did not want to be in the position of knocking on a stranger's door as the flakes began to fall.

With this on her mind, she lay beneath the blackberry brambles, thick, dark leaves sheltering her from the light drizzle that fell from light gray whisps of clouds. The sunset burned through the overcast, golden colors absorbed into each drop, giving the fields a beautiful and hypnagogic effect; they appeared to be ablaze with liquid fire. She crushed handfuls of berries between her teeth, the juices pouring down her throat and she found herself wonderfully content watching the sinking sun transform her surroundings so drastically. Even as foreign scents wafted through the thin droplets of rain and entered her awareness, she paid little mind, indifferent as to whether she was graced with company or not.

@Camio
      Light rain — 55° F/13° C — Sunset, 9:00 PM
[Image: textb_zps41f93115.png]
(This post was last modified: Jul 07, 2014, 01:06 AM by Bayliss.)
[Image: Bayliss-greysig01_zpsb858a8b8.png]
Played by Becca who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Camio Zamora
After meeting with the pretty female Camio had set out for a bit with a promise to see her again. Setting out he was eager and waiting to cause some more trouble or have more fun with another wolf. Maybe he could even toy with a rabbit, fish, or bid. Those were always fun to mess with.

As the sun was setting it started to drizzle. This didn't surprise him to much though. The day had been a bit more dreary than others so rain was something to expect from the skies. In fact Camio enjoyed the rain. It was a quick cool off before the summer heat would come back to be raking against his skin. While the summer was full of new life to hunt and cool streams to drink from it was also hot. He never was one enjoying the bright sunny days that made him pant, hunting for shade in trees. He'd much rather have a year long fall. For it was cool but not on the verge of freezing like the winter was or would be.

The scent of a female was carried on the breeze. It was enticing as the scent mingled with the fresh black berries. Letting a wicked smile cross his face Camio prowled forward towards where the female would be. He was already noticeable by now so he had nothing to loose. Barking out to her lightly he then stopped when he was a good two yards behind her. "Good evening miss. Enjoying the berries are we?"
and all the love lost was the love that i kept
in coffins and boxes, a museum of the dead
Bayliss Thane
    • Those tell-tale signs of another's presence grew stronger, and soon Bayliss was made to recognize that she was being approached. The wind blew past her, signaling to her that her company was coming up behind her, and thus she turned her head to look over her shoulder. Picking his way through the brambles was a young man of motley colors and about her stature. What was not average was the smile he carried upon his maw and the mischievous glint in his brown eyes. She considered this for a moment; he was either not to be trusted or a bucket of fun. Or perhaps both. Her teal eyes scanned him over one more time to determine that, if need be, she could hold her own against him. Alright then, she would play roulette.

Bayliss returned his show of mirth with a grin just as wry, and rolled onto her back so as to better face him. Her posture became playful and unassuming, though her legs were poised mindfully so as to come between them should he move closer. The blazing sunset cut through the blackberry branches and set upon her coat in orange triangles and rhombuses in deep contrast to her natural gray.

"Very much so. Seeing as you don't have a drop of juice on you, I'll assume you aren't in the area to partake in snacking. Tell me, sir... what do you hunger for?"

@Camio
(This post was last modified: Aug 15, 2014, 06:01 PM by Bayliss.)
[Image: Bayliss-greysig01_zpsb858a8b8.png]
Played by Becca who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Camio Zamora

Camio kept a close eye on the female. Her playful position had him slightly intrigued and interested in such doings that were bond to happen. Listening to her speak though, that was even more interesting. This female was certainly a smart one. "Snacking is the last thing I'm out for in these parts." He chuckled lightly before deciding to continue out with his thoughts and words. "In fact, I'm out here for something more. Leadership, love, and a pack of my own," His words low in both tone and sound level. Camio wouldn't be surprised if he slightly startled the female before him. "Though I guess today I'll have to settle for much less. I'll settle for your company. If you're willing to give it to poor ole' me?"

Moving into a laying position he let his tail do a wag for a moment sweeping the earth underneath his body. On the outside Camio was a carefree, young, wild, gypsy of a male. Ready to go anywhere and do anything at anytime. Even if a pack did lay claim to him at sometime the young male was bound to still let his paws wander where they pleased to. Yet that was beyond the point of this meeting. Camio Zamora was not one to ponder for too long or tell his thoughts to strange woman he met on travels, so these thoughts were useless to the male besides for mere entertainment. But he was fascinated on what the female might have to say. His ears stood tall and alert ready to catch any single word that would drip from her mouth.

"Speech."

table by Grey / 2014
and all the love lost was the love that i kept
in coffins and boxes, a museum of the dead
Bayliss Thane
    • Bayliss was indeed unsuspecting of something so heavy slipping from his jaws. From what he appeared to be, she had expected only teasing and gesturing. It seemed, however, that the man was deeper than to be presumed and this caught her attention even more-so than the promise of joking and banter. After all, a joke was a joke was a joke. But if she could get him to continue along this line of genuine reflection, she could seek to figure out and understand and such things were what she lived for.

"One should never settle," was her response, her tone genuine rather than airy as her previous words had been, though her eyes retained the joy. "Not even for a day. Every moment must be a step forward. Especially with such lofty goals."

She appeared considerate, with musings deep within her mind. Hoping he would be receptive to her digging, for a closed book was absolutely no fun and once she was on this track, she could not be appeased with anything but more and more information. Even tidbits, scraps from morsels would satiate her but she would not cease her prying. It was the fault of a curious nature to the extreme. Bayliss lived for nothing but gleaning information.

"If you were unable, however, to achieve all three, what would you choose? To be a leader with no title, an alpha of little respect, or a true-hearted lover with nothing more to call his own than his mate?"

@Camio