Google, Bing

The Day is Young — Sierra Hills 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
@Zia - A little late, but here it is! Hope you still have time ^^

OPEN! An MG wolf would be sweet, but anyone is welcome c:

It probably wasn't that smart, hell, it definitely wasn't smart; after all he was on order from @Triell not to seek out trouble with the wolves of Magnolia Glen. Of course, it had been long since the end of winter, and now prey was plenty, so maybe the tension had dwindled a bit. At least that was what he told himself to excuse his risky endeavor. The truth was, he was bored! He had been south many times now, and though the snow had long cleared, he wasn't ready to risk a trip over the mountain, not with the puppies dependant, at least partly, on him and his hunting skills. But despite the new arrivals, and his unexpected fondness of them, his legs longed to be stretched! He was a wanderer at heart, that was why he had asked Triell to make him a scout, and there was only so long he could stay in one place, even if it was with @Zera and @Darrah, and the other wolves of Oak Tree Bend.

So Drestig Avalon was heading north, once more trailing the foot of the Sierra Hills, as he hadn't dared since mid-winter. His ears were perked, fire-orange eyes scanning the area around him, alert; looking out for both potential prey and potential enemies. His excursion had a purpose, beyond entertaining his wanderlust, he was trailing the herds of the area, looking out for the food sources of The Bend; And hopefully I can catch some food to bring home as well! But it would be a lie to pretend that he wasn't driven mostly by his curiosity, and a healthy thirst for adventure.

Word count: 275

My mind is my own ”I'll say whatever I want to!”

(This post was last modified: Aug 04, 2014, 10:40 PM by Drestig.)

pride12
Played by Switch who has 87 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hypatia Argyris
This town is colder now, I think it's sick of us

The girl had not noticed Borlla's disappearance at first. She was doing well to be scarce herself. The tawny wolf filled her time practicing her hunting, in solitude exploring the Glen, and sometimes spying on the short wanderings of her siblings. It wasn't until she directly sought the cream colored lady in the den did she realize how faded her scent was. It was very odd. Where would she go? Why? Hyp was sure Evy,Celandine, and Takis were all here. Where was their mother? Feeling she may have missed something she hovered around. When noticing Phineas was the only one returning, Hypatia began to wonder what was wrong. It seemed her father did not know where she had went either. Hyp was sure why he might long to look, he didn't want to leave his children.

It was on a whim she decided to try to find out herself. Hyp was still a bit hesitant to go too far. With what had happened to Kyros she did fear for her own life. Mostly, Father didn't need to come looking for her too. A silent promise she would be back. It was with only the scent of her memory she padded from the Glen, deciding to explore the red hills. They were near by, and Mother had fallen on a mountain once. What if it had happened again? With a heart she wished was a bit more hopeful, her nose trailed along the ground. Now and then she raised her head, letting her copper eyes search for a pale form. Then she would lift her muzzle to the blue sky, and howl a single note. Where are you?

Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon

The call rang loudly over the trees, reaching the dark male clearly; the sound making his, already alert, body tense further. Frozen in place, his fiery eyes turned in direction of the cry, ears perked; North... The Glen wolves. Despite the ambiguity of the plea, it was pretty clear that it was not intended for him, yet the desperation in the voice made him waver; should he answer?

He was still a good distance from the enemy borders, as long as he stayed off their land there would be no trouble; he hoped. His legs started moving again, carrying him towards the young voice at a stiff trot.

It wasn't long before he caught the scent of the other, the unmistakable mark of Magnolia Glen mixed with her individual perfume. Again, the soot pelted lad considered his position; he was already on thin ice, having ventured this far northward, if he ended up in a scuffle with one of the enemy pack, he would have hell to pay. The call resounded in his head, the memory of the pained tone making him cringe; he couldn't leave it unanswered.

Continuing forwards amongst the sparse trees, the young woman soon came into his view, her silver and russet clad form standing out against the umber red of the mountain side. Knowing full well that his own ebony pelt offered even worse cover, the Avalon made no attempt to hide his approach, walking slowly towards the sleek dame, tail held low in a display of his benign mindset. Stopping several lengths before her, he centered his flame colored eyes on her, tilting an ear in her direction, doing his best to not appear threatening. He hadn't seen her before; She wasn't at the hunt... Though she looked to be around the same age as Sceral and Serach, which made his remaining apprehension fade; She's just a kid. With a soft voice, he finally addressed her, brows wrinkled lightly in concern; "Are you hurt..?"

Word count: 330

Inactive No Rank
Hypatia Argyris

There was only a fragment of her soul that believed her mother would answer her. Was that why it didn't work? She didn't believe hard enough? Feeling more like a worthless child, she let her haunches fall to the ground, shoulder slumping with her grief. It pained her to recall the last time she had spoken to the ivory woman. She had believed her words then so she struggled understanding what was to fault. What she rather do was keep moving, become someone else. Why she didn't blame Phineas for the disappearance of Borlla she did have a heart to wonder about the possibilities.

The yearling began to stand when she had a great inkling to look to the near by trees. Her coppery eyes fell upon a dark figure her breath caught in her throat. Was this her kidnapper? Giving herself a second to look closer she realized no, he was a solid black and even from here she could tell he did not have dull eyes. The Argyris continued gazing, she supposed he was trying to appear peaceful. This didn't make her any less alarmed. No longer was there defeat in her shoulders, there was a stiffness as the hair upon them bristled in her first defense. It was out of fear, and an attempt to take control of this situation. The man didn't come much closer, and slowly her rounded ears perched forward. So he must have heard her, and came to see what was going on. Well it wasn't the answer she was looking for, but she had been given one.

The young lady struggled with an answer. Physically no she was not hurt. Telling him no seemed like a lie. Why did it bother her to lie to a complete stranger? Was it because of her meeting with Sceral? "I'm --alright. Just looking for my mother." The girl tried to keep a poker face, but there was twitching in her jawline she couldn't stifle for a second after speaking. In an attempt to hide that, or not think of it she curiously crinkled her nose. What she found made her scrunch her pale brows. He smelled like Sceral so was he okay then?

(This post was last modified: Oct 07, 2014, 03:18 AM by Hypatia.)
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon

It was clear enough that she was upset, her posture defeatist - though it hardened when she turned to look at him - with eyes a few shades duller than his own, yet shining brightly with emotions. She tried to hide it, hackles bristling as she stared him down, but even as she spoke, her lips quivered; Alright, ha?

Flicking his ears back and forth a few times, Drestig slowly lowered himself to sit opposite her, posture still relaxed, tail stretching out flat behind him. The girl was trying to put on a brave face, but it was obvious to anybody that her search wasn't as simple as she let on. Narrowing his eyes, the dark man tilted his head, studying the youngster quietly for a few moments. She was looking back with an inscrutable expression, brows wrinkled, ears perked, and he wondered what might be going through her head; Is she scared..? She didn't exactly look terrified, but there was definitely caution on her face.

Offering a small, friendly smile, the black lad made a show of leaning back on his hunches, showing her that he wasn't gonna come closer. "Are you lost..?" He asked gently, tone light, almost joking, but laced in true concern. It seemed unlikely that she would have gotten turned around so close to her own borders, and yet not completely impossible; At that age... Well minds do tend to wander... And there was something about the way she'd said it, just looking for my mother, that worried him. Really, he shouldn't care so much, he didn't even know the girl, but he couldn't help it; she reminded him of the boys - and not just Serach and Sceral, but his other boys...

Mentally shaking his head, the ebony man returned his attention to the rust coated lass, for the first time looking to meet her eyes, his own bright oranges soft and kind; he wanted to help her, whatever might be wrong.

Word count: 328

Inactive No Rank
Hypatia Argyris

A large part of the girl's head warned her to simply move, be on the run back to the Glen and she wouldn't have to deal with any of this. A greater part of her was hell bound to prove she was not a child, not a coward. She could deal with this instead of running home like a lost child. When he made no attempt to poke any holes in her charade, she found it a lot easier to remain.

The Argyris girl was not about to smile back. There was a lot of mistrust in her heart, placed there by others. A lot of common sense seemed to speak she should air on the side of caution. What was he doing out here? Did he really care about what she was doing?

Unmistakably her face contoured with annoyance upon his question. No matter how politely he had put it, it might as well have been an insult. "No, I'm not," she sharply replied, not hiding her disdain. It wasn't really the question that had wounded her. Well not exactly, but it was still a blow to her.

"It's my mom. She should have been home by now, but I think she's hurt some where." She forcefully spoke, as if he hadn't a clue in the whole world. Hyp squeezed her mouth shut, her mouth suddenly dry. The yearling was getting more emotional by the second, and it was hard to tell if she was going to scream or cry. Either way she felt like she would burst, and began to quickly walk away from the stranger as if he didn't exist. The idea he could know Sceral forgotten temporarily.

(This post was last modified: Oct 07, 2014, 03:38 AM by Hypatia.)
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon

There was no question the girl was uncomfortable, her stance still rigid, despite his attempts at easing her. She looked at him with mistrust and aversion, burning in her bright eyes, and her lips tightly pressed together into a thin line. Then he asked his question, and instantly he knew it was a mistake. Her face twisted in fury and she snapped back at him, hackles prickling. The black man blinked, lips closing over his teeth, but he stayed put, still leaning backwards in a relaxed manner, one ear laid back, the other pointed towards her.

To his surprise she continued speaking, voice hard, the words practically spit at his face, but he ignored the tone, taking in the meaning only; Her mother..? Did he know her? Had she been at the hunt? He wasn't sure; there had been a few females present on that day, one being Triell's white-pelted, frenzied sister; Supposedly the lead female... But it was impossible to tell whether she was the mother of this girl, frankly there wasn't much resemblance. Regardless, the yearling was clearly upset, no matter how hard she tried to hide it, and that made Drestig's heart ache a bit.

The dark boy's eyes had been lowered in thought, but they lifted again when he heard the girl's paws shift in the dirt. She had turned and was on her way off, and Drestig quickly got to his own feet. His first impulse was to follow her, he wanted to help her and make sure she was safe, but then he hesitated; Maybe I should just let her go..? She obviously didn't want his company, and technically speaking, she wasn't his responsibility, he should just let her leave and get back to his own business...

But he couldn't! Trotting after the rusty figure, he called out, voice still kind, but with more authority behind it; "I could help you look, we might do better between the two of us!" After following her for a few steps he stopped again, hoping she would consider the proposal; "I only want to help."

Word count: 348