(See All?) Announcements
547 Users Online
Google, Moonshadow, Bing

arms of love — Black Thorn Downs 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 2 posts.
Inactive
Sophelia Leigh
She walked for what seemed like weeks, but in reality it was only a few days. The hype of adventure had died down a little for her, but in her heart she still hoped this journey to a new land would be good for her. As the days dragged on, she almost thought she was lost, but there was no way to tell if she was or not. She was only told the direction in which her aunt had went. Ophelia wasn't able to follow Minka's scent trail, so she was going off nothing, but a direction. She was beginning to feel hopeless. How would she ver find her aunt in this big world? As she walked, the smell of blackberries filled her nostrils. Her stomach growled then and she realized how hungry she really was. Sophie knew that the blackberries wouldn't quench her hunger, but it would just have to do for now until she could find something else to silence her rumbling stomach. Trotting to the nearest bush, she grew sling began eating at the berries until a particularly familiar scent wafted into her nostrils.

Her grey eyes widened. Minka? Was it really her? Her black tail wiped back an forth instantly. Although, Ophelia didn't know a lot about her aunt, she was still family and this meant she wasn't lost. She had found her way! She wasn't lost! "Yes! I made it!" She yelled excitedly as she began to run from the bush and towards Minka's scent. As she ran, her young self didn't realize how close she was from breaking the ultimate lone wolf rule. The further she ran, the closer and closer she got to re borders of Black Thorn Downs. "Minka! Minka, it's me!" She yelled as she ran, not knowing that she was now across the borders and well in her aunts pack. As she slowed to a casual trot, she then realized what he had done. "Oh, no. Oh, no no no no no..."
Played by Missy who has 124 posts.
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats
OOC: I know you wanted to thread with Minka but I hope you dont mind me jumping in until she shows up. :)

Firefly had been leisurely walking through the blackberry fields; she loved the way they smelled. Mostly, she was just trying to get to know her relatively new territory better. Honestly though, she had been bored at home and wanted to get out of the camp and find something fun to do. Little did she know, there was a special adventure in store for the energetic yearling today. While chewing on some of the berries and looking for prey in the tall grass Firefly caught the scent of an unfamiliar wolf. She immediately dropped down into a defensive position and started trying to pinpoint the location of this new wolf. Being an expert hunter, Fly was able to track the scent with relative ease and felt a mix of satisfaction, pride, and anxiety when she finally sighted the she wolf who was just on the edge of their border. Fly stealthily inched her way closer to the fae to get a better look. The wolf was larger than Fly: she weighed more, was built bigger, and was taller. However she seemed to be about the same age as Fly and Fly thought she might be able to take the black/grey wolf in a fight. It would be close though. Fly was sizing up her new opponent when something completely unexpected happened. The darker she-wolf started sprinting across the border howling something about Minka.

Fly hesitated for a minute; shocked at what was happening. Then, instinct kicked in and all of her anxiety was overrun by a distinct need to defend her territory and protect her pack. The intruder might be larger than Fly but there was no way she could outrun her: Fly prided herself on her speed and agility. In a matter of seconds Fly caught up to the she-wolf just as the darker girl began to slow to a trot. Fly heard the girl saying "Oh no. Oh no no no no..." Fly was confused, but she knew she had to protect her pack first and ask questions later. Fly darted out in front of the black and grey she-wolf and cut her off from intruding into the territory any farther. Fly took a defensive position and snarled at the girl, "What are you doing?" Fly's defensiveness only barely concealed the shock in her voice. Her instincts were telling her to fight to defend the pack, but her mind was telling her to clam down and figure out why the intruder was acting so weird.
Played by Mily who has 369 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
speech

Inalk had been so moody lately, and it was dreadfully annoying. It was weird for the woman, since she was always of such a happy nature. Of course, everyone had their bad days. Though, in Inali's case, a bad week. So after her morning border patrol, she had decided to go out for a run that had nothing to do with her job as a scout whatsoever. She just wanted a good, solid run where she didnt have to think of the worries of the pack and of her slightly complicated love life, nor of worrying for her two best friends and their children. The run had done wonders and she was ready to get back into the swing of things with a new, lighter attitude. It felt good to be herself again. Too bad she hadn't expected minutes after entering her pack territory such a commotion to unfold.

She was planning to seek out Kova and Noble but that plan was thwarted as she heard commotion coming from the borders. Quickly jogging through the underbrush, avoiding muddy puddles here and there (can you say disgusting?), the woman's eyes narrowed as she focused on the two yearlings. In the quick, light steps of a seasoned scout, she made her way over to the two. Her eyes narrowed at the stranger. Her tail lifted to show her high rank and she opened her maw. "First, I will ask you to step off my alpha's lands. Choose to comply, and I will hear you out." Her words were spoken kindly, but there was a hint of steel in her tone that spoke if this yearling decided not to comply, there would be trouble. Inali was small, and the yearling a large girl, but Inali had backup while the girl had nothing. Inali would be able to hold her own with the large female until the pack quickly made their appearance. Inali didnt worry, but she did wonder. How did this young girl know Minka? She cast a look at the young new subordinate from the corner of her eye. No movements would be made until they were sure they needed to. By the fates, Inali hated violence, but she would resort to it if she had to.

AustriaAngloAlliance @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Arya who has 2 posts.
Inactive
Sophelia Leigh
As she stood, afraid and not sure what to do, she hoped dearly that nobody would find her, so she could quickly turn back and get out of the pack lands that she so carelessly passed over. Stupid, stupid, stupid! She yelled at herself internally as she looked around frantically. Her gray eyes spotted another fast approaching her and her fear instantly spiked. Stuck between flight or fight, she was too late to choose flight as the pack wolf came upon her with defensive behavior like she rightfully should. "Sorry sorry sorry! I didn't mean to... I- I...." She trailed off as another, much older high ranking pack wolf arrived on the scene. Ophelia was in trouble now. She probably would have been able to fight off or run off from the one pack wolf that seemed to be close to her age, but now there was two! What had she gotten herself into? All she wanted was to see Minka, but she had been stupid and crossed the 'ol so sacred borderline and now she was dead meat.

The older female spoke, rather kindly surprisingly, but she could hear the sternness in her words. Sophelia happily obliged and with a tucked tail and flattened ears, she made her way back across the borders where she should have stopped in the first place. "I-I'm so so sorry! I didn't mean to cross your borders. I was just eating some berries and thought I smelt Minka and I was so suprised that I found her that I took off after her and didnt realize that it was the borders that I was smelling and then it was too late an-,' she abrutly stopped when she realized she was rambling again like she always did when she got worked up. Frowning at herself, she started again, but a little calmer this time. "I'm Sophelia Leigh or others call me Ophelia for short. And I'm Minka's neice and I was looking for her." She quickly finished, keeping her eyes towards the ground like she was taught when she met others of pack. It was respect she was told and she was supposed to respect others with this behavior whenever she was in front of another of a higher rank than herself.
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats
Fly was relieved when an older, more experienced member of her pack came up behind her. The woman stood next to Fly and sternly told the intruder to get back to the other side of the border. Of course! That should have been the first thing I said!, Fly chided herself. She realized now that she wouldn't like being a scout. Scout's needed to know how to handle border crossings; Fly didn't trust herself to have such calm and good judgement in this kind of situation. She was just too impulsive.

The intruder backed up with her ears flattened and tail down. The girl seemed very apologetic for what she had done and compliantly got back to the other side of the border. Then, the girl started rambling off some excuse about smelling Minka and trying to find her. Finally, the girl paused to consider her words and actually introduced herself. Fly looked at the girl, bright brown eyes very surprised. This was Minka's niece? Everything had happened so fast that Fly hadn't stopped to think that the girl's reason for crossing could be so benign. Fly relaxed a little bit and looked over at her pack mate for direction, or just to see how she would react to the news. Should they take her to Minka? Or bring Minka to her? Fly felt very unsure about the whole thing because she respected Minka so much; she wanted to respect Minka's family, but she didn't want to make a intake and disrespect Minka herself. All Fly knew was that she was sure glad her older pack mate had shown up. [/align]
Played by Vami who has 183 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Bane
Feel free to skip around Bane - he is just silent back-up.

There was certainly a disturbance about, a tension in the air around the outskirts of the pack lands that sent Bane's hair along the length of his spine standing on end. His body grew tense as each bounding step of long, lean legs brought him closer into the direction of the commotion. Soon enough, he was upon them, a group of three woman, two of which belonged to the pack he now called his own. Inali was amongst them, a woman he had met as a child and had grown silently (as he was silent very usually) fond of and would trail along with whilst she was scouting out the borders and he was doing his best at guarding them in order to take first position as Guardian within the ranks once he became of age. Though he did not know the Whitecoats woman, her scent marked her as a lady of the Downs. Slowly he made his approach, his tall, stream-like figure coming up to stand close to the side of the woman he knew more so - Inali. His eyes, colored in a bright pumpkin orange hue stared at the stranger in silent challenge. His sharp features along his face are further intense by his hardened expression and the manner of which he looks down upon her. With Inali here and the Second just under one of the leaders, Bane had no intention of speaking up. He did not need too. He was a Guardian, not a Diplomat.
(This post was last modified: Oct 20, 2014, 11:33 PM by Bane.)
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina
Holy all the yearlings, Minka and Inali are surrounded! ;) Also sorry for holding this up, also sorry this sucks

It was a strange sixth sense that all mothers seemed to have, it was almost as if Minka could feel the tension at the borders despite her distance from them. Abandoning her current task of surveying the caches and their contents she instinctively made her way towards the slope that marked their territory. Pressing her way upwards at a brisk trot she was a few moments later than Bane and it pleased her greatly to see so many of her pack members already present. Golden eyes flicked across the scene as her tail rose, until they settled upon the loner who lay before all of them. Tilting her head slightly to the right her tail lowered, "Kaethe?" surprise laced her voice as she stepped forward to have a closer look.

Now that she was closer it was obvious that the stranger before her wasn't her sister-in-mateship, but the resemblance was uncanny. While the girl before her was but a yearling her brother's mate would have been three by now and besides why would she have left the Great Shields? Still the dark fur with the silver tips, the large muscular build all looked identical to one of the family members she had left behind. Even the girls eyes which focused obediently at the ground were familiar, grey like her own father's had been.

The whole situation was almost like an out of body experience and Minka tilted her head farther as confusion and curiosity consumed her. Bewildered she finally broke the silence she had allowed to stretch on, "Who are you?" Had someone from her birth pack finally found her? Or was she just imagining something that she wished to be true.

Played by Mily who has 369 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
speech

Her blue orbs lost some of their edge as the yearling quickly complied, her body immediately folding into a sign of submission as she backed away. Glad that the girl had heeded her warning, she watched as her tail curled between her legs and her eyes lowered to the ground. She found a bit of amusement in the girl's nervous ramblings, but her face was void of any judgement for she wanted to gather as much information as she could. The girl, Ophelia, introduced herself as Minka's niece and her brows raising slightly were the only thing she showed to show her surprise at the news. Minka had never spoken to her about any siblings. As close as they were, how could Minka never mention that? Than again, Inali wasn't fond of her own siblings and spoke of them as rarely as she could. Maybe that was the case with her alpha. By then, Bane had made his usual silent appearance and to show her relief and gladness for his presence, she moved slightly closer to the boy to brush her shoulder against his in an affectionate manner.

Inali was deciding whether to believe this Ophelia and call for Minka when she finally came to a decision. But as soon as she lifted her head to howl for her queen, a familiar scent reached her muzzle. Abandoning the task, the second waited as Minka came across them all. Lowering her tail accordingly, she watched Minka's reaction closely. At her surprise and confusion, and at her tawny banner lowering considerably, Inali did as well. Minka confused Ophelia for someone else. Was it the sister that Inali knew nothing of? Her blue orbs slid from Minka to the girl, silently telling her to speak up and clear the air. Were their familial ties true as she so spoke of them to be?

AustriaAngloAlliance @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats
Word of the day

Fly tensed as another wolf approached her and Inali from their side of the border. She could smell the scent of BlackThorn Downs on him and figured he must be a pack mate she had not yet met. He was large and completely silent which made Fly nervous, but being pack mates (even ones that had not met yet) was a strong bond in Fly's eyes and she knew she could trust him. Mostly, she knew this because if he was part of her pack it meant that Minka trusted him and Fly trusted her. Speaking of Minka, the ever-dignified and graceful alpha appeared on the scene and Fly was very relieved to see her.

However some of this relief slipped away as the older female looked into the eyes of the trespasser and seemed...spooked. Did Minka know this girl? Why did she look so freaked out? Fly could definitely tell that Minka was not expecting this visitor and that put her back on edge. So, this girl just came bolting into their territory, claiming to know Minka and it was all a lie? Fly's lips curled back in a snarl as every muscle in her body tensed. She couldn't help but yaff, though the noise was almost more like a mumble. Fly loved her new home and her new family and the leader that she looked up to seemed put out at this whole situation and that didn't sit right with Fly. And if there was anything the young she wolf couldn't stand, it was a liar.