(See All?) Announcements
559 Users Online
Bing, Google

vampires — Whisper Marsh 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 448 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer
Random Event: The rivers are running low, smaller streams are drying up.

October 9th; In the dead of night; Clear; 29° F/-2° C

The dark prince had had enough of hanging around what was to be his kingdom and so sought out a more quiet sort of brooding place. It called to him on the winds, the whisper of the reeds beckoning to him from the midst of the willows and proximity of his kin. Solitude. Scheming. Searching. His breathing filtered in and out of his lungs at a ragged pace, the restlessness at last getting the best of him. There was only so much patroling he could tolerate before he relinquished his hold on his thoughts and let everything in his head momentarily go to hell.

He casually strode to the edges of Willow Ridge, careful to keep his gait well-paced as not to attract any unwanted attention from the pack; but, once he passed a marker where his mother Elettra had just been, he made a run for it. The wind in his face brought to him frisson that was short-lived. He ought to have stretched his legs more but, these days, with the pack more than wary of his presence, it often served him best when he kept to the shadows during the day and conducted his vigils under the cover of night where not many could catch up to him.

Only when he came to find the ground and grasses moist underfoot did he slowly come to a halt. Faced with the chilled beauty that was the cold, moonlit Marsh, Skoll had only needed to be thankful for the clear skies above and the isolation this particular spot held. He had passed through the area when he had searched for Deacon, and now was his chance to finally appreciate its beauty and near-silent atmosphere.

For a while he waded about the edges, flattening the dried up reeds where there had once been wrist-deep water. He liked to hear the crinkling of the old grass-like blades, the crunch of their stems wherever he stepped. Had it not been for this simple pleasure of roaming up towards the place where a nameless river fed into the Marsh, no one might have known that a wraith of a prince inhabited the area...

(This post was last modified: Oct 10, 2014, 12:16 AM by Skoll.)
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
i'm doing whatever i can to make the bad things go away