(See All?) Announcements
637 Users Online
Google, Bing, Aven

Stupid foxes — Whisper Caverns 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
RE: There are an unusual number of foxes being sighted around Relic Lore.
@Kassander

Thoughts are like burning stars and ideas
Whisper Caverns
They flood and stretch the universe

Following Narimé back into camp with a lowered head, she continued on her own as the leader went off to attend to other business. She hadn’t been reprimanded yet, but she assumed that it would come later. A brief break in her thoughts brought on the concept of discomfort, even pain that she was currently feeling in her limbs. Various scrapes, cuts, and bites littered her legs and belly from the vicious foxes that had attacked her on her way through Cedarwood Forest where she’d inevitably dug herself a metaphorical hole. She winced at the stinging, pausing to bend her head and apply a lick to some of the worse ones which had actually managed to split the skin decent apart. The Star Dancer knew that she needed to go and see someone for it, maybe the herdalist, or what had it been called…the herbalist. That had been it.

Moving toward a den, she stopped outside and gave a sniff hoping that the den she had picked would be the right one. Automatically, the scent of herbs wafting from it gave her the answer that she had been correct. Poking her head into the entrance, looking around with squinted mismatched eyes as she tried to see if anyone was there. “Hello, is anyone in here perhaps?” She questioned gently, her voice which was normally full of energy now tired and weighed down. Meeting someone new normally excited her, but at that moment she just wanted to make sure her wounds were taken care of so they wouldn’t get infected then go take a nice nap so she could think on everything that had transpired in the last few hours.

[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Played by Namara who has 57 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kassander Mikhailovich
Hover for translation

There was the faintest scent of blood which had stirred Kassander from his sleep. His eyes flashed open in time to hear a voice calling from his den. He rushed out to see a yearling from the pack covered in scrapes and bruises. It was like she had been attack by something, but what? He nudged her inside the medicine den with sharp words. "Chto s toboy sluchilos'? Vy posmotrite, kak vy popali v patche shipov!" He said in his words in Russian before speaking in English. "Come in. I'll get you patched up." His accent was thick though it was beginning to get easier to understand it would seem as Titan seemed to have no issues as well as Nari and Ash. What had bothered him was Danica had disappeared while still on recovery road.

He dug through his stores for a variety of herbs with a concentrated look upon his face. He first pulled out Arnica which he could use for the bruises and while he could use them for the cuts he would prefer to use something stronger. He pulled out black hawthorn just in case her blood flow had been affected in any way due to her injuries though he doubted he would need to use it. He took out ergot so he could control any bleeding that might still be occurring. He took out goldenrod in case she had a headache because he wouldn't be surprised if she did because she looked like crap. He took out solomon's seal for the cuts and some stored cobwebs for patching things up. He looked at her for permission to begin.

(This post was last modified: Aug 18, 2014, 12:49 AM by Kassander.)
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
Whisper Caverns

Namid had begun to wonder if there had been anyone in the den, as she couldn’t quite tell with the sharp scents of herbs. Just as she was about to turn away and make due herself, she was surprised by a voice speaking in a jumbled sounding language she didn’t understand. Her gaze widened at the sound, but quickly masked her expression. It would be rude to have such a reaction, as if it were insulting who he was. She wondered for a moment if he spoke English, because if he didn’t she wasn’t sure how far they would get. But, she was proven wrong when he quickly ushered her into the den.

Tiredly she trudged in, settling down into a sitting position in an area she believed to be out of the way. Even in her current state, she was worried that she would be in the way of his work and she didn’t want that. Watching him curiously with half-lidded eyes she watched as he scurried here and there, gathering different herbs. She could identify very few, such as goldenrod and ergot but that was it for her. The girl had never had a strong interest in herbs, though her mother knew quite a few things on the subject. “I apologize if I had interrupted you. I had been out and found myself a bit too close to the den of some foxes, whom obviously did not enjoy my presence. Thank you for helping me,” She said, a small smile brightening her features. She thought to the language he had spoken, and it occurred to her that they were a bit the same in that they came from different cultures. Though she didn’t know what that culture was, there was still the vague similarities. “I do not mean to pry, but you are from a different culture, yes? I am as well,” the pale girl questioned, tilting her head in curiosity. She hoped that he wouldn’t be offended by her inquiry, but she found herself to be curious.

Played by Namara who has 57 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kassander Mikhailovich

He couldn't believe his ears when she started t apologize for getting injured. It wasn't like it was her fault or anything! He spoke up about it with a kind smile as he started to his work. "Nonsense. Dis is my job. Don't apologize! Though you should tell Ash and Narimé of da foxes." He would say in smooth English before she asked him about his culture and if it was different from the native culture. "Aye. I am Russian in blood." He stated simply before starting officially to his work. He took the Arcnia and started to turn it into the ointment that he needed for her various cuts. "When dis is put on, no licking it at all." He said rather strictly as he started to apply it.

He was completely focused with his eyes narrowed in concentration. He would take the cobwebs he had gathered and he would wrap some of her larger cuts in it to insure that it would stay in the cut to allow a maximum effect. He took some black hawthorn and nudged it towards her. "Eat this. Improves blood flow." He was being careful to explain what everything does as he worked so that way she knew what was going on with her 'recovery' from the evil foxes who had done that to her. "I am Kassander by the way. Second male of the pack." He would introduce as he worked. He was always rather shy but when he was working with a patient, he had quite the gob.

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
Whisper Caverns

Namid hadn’t considered telling Narimé of the fox incident, completely forgetting about it in the whole fiasco that had happened. She supposed she should, incase others were to go out and go near the same area. It had happened more around the center of hush meadow, but it still led it to be closer to their territory than she would have liked. In the den there could have been at least 3 pups, which meant three more mouths that would be taking their prey. Perhaps she would suggest to Narimé that they go and raid the den, making sure that there were less mouths around to take their food in the winter time. Yes, that was a good idea.

She was jolted back from her thoughts as he spread the ointment onto her legs, wincing slightly at the faint sting as it began to disinfect the cuts. A nod bobbed her head as he ordered her to not lick it off, which she didn’t plan to. She was certain that it wouldn’t taste very good anyways, and no temptation could be felt on her part to do so. Firmly, he wrapped her legs in cobwebs and covered her other wounds with it as well to act as a sealant. It felt tight, and slightly annoying but she knew that it was better than an infection. If that were to happen there was no telling what could occur, especially with the bacteria that came from the mangy foxes.

The pale woman appreciated him telling her what each thing did, it sort of let her know how important they were to help her. Not that she wouldn’t be able to tell that they were in the first place, but it was still reassuring. Bending her head she sniffed at the berries, finding they smelled sweet. Tilting her head in curiosity she stuck out her tongue, scooping up the hawthorn and gingerly crushing them in her teeth. They didn’t taste bad, in fact, they actually tasted pretty decent. Swallowing she ran a tongue over her maw, making sure there wasn’t any residual residue before replying. “It is nice to meet you Kassander, I am Namid. I am also second, for the females, of course.” She added, a kind smile that would be noticed was almost always present on her face. “It is rather strange, I think, to be in this position. I did not think I would ever be in a pack, or rather not this soon. Now, I am suddenly second-in-command and I am not sure how to handle it.” The Star Dancer admitted. It was true, she still knew very little of pack life and even though she was learning quickly it sometimes stressed her out a bit.