(See All?) Announcements
563 Users Online
Bing, Google

Relive the Things That are Gone — Black Thorn Downs 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 65 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Bérengère Dunn

Beren had nothing to do on this particular evening but lounge around. The pups of @Minka and Tokino had been well entertained throughout the day and were surely napping at this time if not already settled for the night. The sun slowly but surely leaving it's last mark against the land with purple and blue skies that faded into a mellow cotton candy pink. It was relaxing to look at as he laid on his side letting his eyes gaze upon the peaceful scenery. Part of him wished this moment would last forever, yet the logical part of him knew that this would all pass too soon. Yet if life was refill him tomorrow morning when he awoke from slumber he would surely see this beauty again the next night, or so he hoped.

Rolling off of his side he slowly made his way to his feet. Letting the blood flow through his limbs so he could steadily shake the dirty from his dark coat. Once that had been done the dark yearling made his way over to the closest set of black berries. Beren had become well trained in being careful when picky the juicy fruit. He knew it was safe to try and pull off a bundle so that the berries wouldn't pop before entering his mouth. So carefully he managed to snap a bundle of berries from the bush. Setting them on the ground he laid down with the berries between his paws. Putting one into his mouth he bit down into it so that the tasteful juice of the black berry could flow down his throat.

So What Do I Do When Every Day
Still Seems To Start And End With You

Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

The children for once had gone to bed without a fight or even a grumble, a minor miracle in Minka's eyes. It would seem that Beren was still going above and beyond with the task she had assigned him of keeping the pups busy. So she had tucked them away, an early night for them and then went on her evening border patrol. Checking back once she completed her rounds the mother was pleased that the pair were still sound asleep and slipped out of the den silently. Unsure of what to do now the tawny woman hesitated, typically at this time of night she was still battling the youngsters trying to get them to lay still and slumber. Not tired herself yet she made her way lazily through the territory, not heading in any direction in particular.

Truth be told she craved some adult company, so much of her day was filled with raising the children or duties that were typically done solo. She loved and cherished every moment she spent with the pups of course, but it was always nice to carry on a conversation with someone a little more mature. So the woman weaved like a shadow through the trees that lined the gentle slopes of the downs until she noticed the scent of Beren growing stronger. Picking up her pace she followed the trail until she found the dark yearling chewing on some of the succulent berries that were so plentiful in their lands. Coming forward the fae lay at his side in a sphinx like position, clearly in the mood for a casual visit rather than a formal one. It was silent for a few moments before the mother settled her head upon her paws, "I believe I owe you my gratitude, tonight is the first night I have not had to practically wrestle @Kova or @Noble into the den for bed." The golden eyes glanced sideways to look upon the teen, a twinkle within them that clearly showed she was in good humor this evening.

Played by Becca who has 65 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Bérengère Dunn

The dark teenagers tail did a quick excited wag as Minka came up next to him. Watching her move into a sphinx like position Beren listened to her. "I believe I owe you my gratitude, tonight is the first night I have not had to practically wrestle Kova or Noble into the den for bed." Stopping his munching on the berries he chuckled lightly at his alpha's statement. "It's truly my honor to take care of the two rascals. They really are a ball to be with all day." Smiling to Minka he admired the woman's company. He couldn't remember if the two had ever had a moment to be alone with each other in a non business matter.

"Minka, stunning name by the way," Beren let his tail flick a few times till it could touch against Minka's hind. "What are your plans for this night?" The yearling was intigued in what his leader could be up to with a night off from being a mother. Yet then again it seemed that being a mother was an always thing. Perhaps she was looking for some older company, since the children's company was merely not enough, as he was.

Looking back down to the berries for a moment the dark male noticed he only had about three left in his little bundle. Carefully he picked one up and ate of it. His fiery gaze slipped to Minka's gaze. "Would you care for a black berry or two?" As if he wouldn't care if she said no or not Beren got up and trotted over to the berries. Doing what he did earlier he returned with a nice large bundle of the berries for Minka. Lowering his head he placed the berries right in front of her with a wide smile.

So What Do I Do When Every Day
Still Seems To Start And End With You

Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

The mother couldn't stop the proud smile that adorned her maw as Beren addressed pup-sitting her children as an honour. Chuckling she answered, "Yes, they seem to be shaping up into fine young ones, though don't let Kova fool you, he'll sneak away the first chance he gets." A small worry line worked its way down between the tawny eyebrows as she thought of the first incident they had encountered, as well as how frequently she found the boy's scent near the borders. Noble seemed more content to stay closer to the den or follow along the grownups but her son had quickly developed an adventurous rebellious streak.

So wrapped up in her thoughts she was surprised and almost startled at the touch of Beren's tail against her. Quickly she brushed the gesture off, assuming it to be an innocent 'bring me back to earth' rather than something flirtatious. Turning to once more catch the male's gaze she grinned sheepishly, "Thank you, about the compliment I mean. As for my plans.... Truthfully I'm at a loss, usually I'm still trying to get the young ones to settle down." Shaking her head the woman laughed once more, being a mother really had brought out the best in her despite the worries she had felt during her pregnancy.

Beren spoke once more and a polite decline was on her lips but the male had already stood and walked to the bush. Smiling gratefully as he presented the gift Minka waited until he settled once more before using her nose to nudge the berries back in his direction. Quickly she explained, "I've never been a fan, too tart for me, but I'll let you in on a secret. Kova loves them, but please make sure he doesn't eat them too quickly, we've already had one choking incident." The words were said lightly, but the memory was not all that happy as Minka remembered the panic she had felt. Of course the boy had been fine and had learned his lesson about chewing, but all the possibilities of what could have happened were still disconcerting.