The Newcomer — Black Thorn Downs 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Killi who has 33 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Atlas Nytrox
@Minka

Atlas Nytrox

Kristen

The speckled male settled himself down on the outskirts of the clearing, which he assumed was the gathering place for most of the pack. He, surprisingly, didn’t feel out of place. He’d always been the one to sit on the outskirts of groups, even as a young pup when most would figure that they would want to be the center of attention. He always had a calm demeanor; it was just the way his personality laid out all the time. Because of this he rarely felt strange about being alone. Well, he didn’t feel strange about being alone in a pack. The silence startled him when he was a lone wolf, however briefly it was. Once he grew acclimated to his surroundings he’d probably open up a bit more, but until then he’d probably seem like a ghost around their home.

A sigh erupted from his jaws and he tilted his head back, his jaws gaping in a canine flashing yawn before coming back together with a click. His red-brown gaze turned to the sky, which was slowly painting itself a multitude of vibrant hues. Clouds spotted the mostly clear horizon as he lowered his cranium to rest upon his over-large peds. His gaze scanned the scene around him, searching for any form of life in the pack. He could vaguely hear shuffling coming from areas, but that was it. Being new he didn’t know much about where everything was, but he’d come to easily learn it in a short period of time, that he had no doubt of.

(This post was last modified: Jul 21, 2014, 03:33 PM by AtlasNytrox.)
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina
I AM SO SORRY -.- My internet has been in and out so its been hard to get on to post, I'm sorry I'm sorry

Quickly Minka moved through the territory with ease, by now it was muscle memory and the fae no longer needed to concentrate on where she was going. When they first arrived they had constantly been getting their pelts caught in the thorns of the bushes and the dense undergrowth, now however paths were being worn into the earth. Branches shrank back where they had been snapped and knocked out of the way and the ground grew firmer beneath her paws, grass fading into dirt from constant use. Now that the pups had began eating meat and had been weaned from her milk the caches were depleting much quicker, their growing bodies demanding almost constant nutrition. Soon the mother knew she would have to take them on their first hunt so they may learn, but for now she was content just following behind and filling the empty holes they left of their stores.

Today she carried with her a plump hare, obviously older in years its hair was a fading grey and its body was rolly polly. It didn't take long before the golden woman was close to the clearing that marked the entrance to the communal den, and on the breeze the scent of their newest, @Atlas. Smiling in approval Minka made her way to the nearest cache, just out of eyesight of the den and buried the rabbit before going to check on the yearling. Her posture was friendly as she moved forward, turning to face the male before laying down herself in a sphinx like position. Lazily her tail wagged behind her as she looked upon the speckled male who had so recently entered their pack. With a grin she addressed him, "Ah Atlas, just the man I've been meaning to see." For it was true, there were a few matters that would need to be worked out before she could consider the male a permanent resident.

Played by Killi who has 33 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Atlas Nytrox
Atlas Nytrox

Kristen

The large yearling was just dozing when he heard the pad of approaching pawsteps. His nose gave a twitch as he scented the air, discovering the closing in wolf was Minka, one of the alpha’s of the pack and the very wolf whom had accepted him into their ranks. Lifting his cranium from his paws he turned his dark auburn gaze on the female, whom settled herself not far from him and in his direction. She looked much the air of power to him, with a body lithe and her head held high he could believe she was in the position that she was.

His auds perked to catch her words, his demeanor turning attentive. Just the man I’ve been meaning to see. While she’d seemed happy while saying the words, he couldn’t help but feel slightly nervous by them. There were many things that could be said with that sentence and they could go either way. “You wanted to see me?” He replied, brows rising in slight surprise. Not many wolves came looking for him in his experience; of course he was new meat in this pack. More might show an interest in him, and his inner introvert cringed back. That meant more interaction for him. Of course, if he wanted to become a guardian he’d have to become more social. Many changes were going to be happening, he decided. His tail curled to lay close to his side, his gaze fixed respectfully on the tawny she wolf.

(This post was last modified: Jul 27, 2014, 07:41 PM by AtlasNytrox.)
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

Minka took note of the surprise and maybe even slight nervousness that her statement was met with. The speckled ears rocked forwards and the teen's eyebrows shot up, he had obviously not been expecting to be sought out so soon. Doing her best to comfort Atlas the leader's shoulder relaxed and her smile broadened slightly so her pose was not quite so rigid. Nodding once she once more addressed him, "I did, there were a couple of business matters to clear up before I forget, nothing too serious of course, you're not in any kind of trouble." The golden eyes flit to the dark auburn at her last statement, assuming that the boy had been nervous because he thought himself in trouble. In fact it was quite the opposite, the woman was here to welcome him fully into their family and maybe even assign a role for the boy.

Wistfully Minka smiled as she was temporarily caught up in her own thoughts, of memories of her own time as a yearling in her birth pack. Learning the ins and outs of hunting from a man named Knox who she had been dreadfully infatuated with, though he seemed oblivious to the fact. Mentally shaking the memories away her mind returned to the task at hand, those days for her were in the past, but for Atlas today they would be just beginning. "We have a rather...unique tradition within Black Thorn Downs, one I brought from my own birth pack. Each yearling is expected to chose a role they would like to specialize in and train towards one day as an adult rank carry as their title. Once they have chosen they will be assigned to a 'mentor' who also specializes in that role to teach them. It is expected that when you're not sleeping, eating or performing other duties for the pack that you will be with this mentor, learning through observation or active lessons is up to their discretion." Minka paused then, golden eyes watching the younger male to see that so far he understood what she was saying. "So I meant to seek you out and ask this; what role would you like to specialize in?" The leader was silent now, watching intently and patiently as the boy would mull all this information over and then make a decision.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity