(See All?) Announcements
550 Users Online
Google, Bing, Nia

With Arms Wide Open — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Titan had taken plenty of time to think about the decision he was making. Over and over in his head he kept thinking, "it's not forever, not unless I want it to be..." he willed himself quietly. It would be the first time he left the pack for real. However Elettra had made sure to say that he had the choice to go back whenever he wanted to. Still, his nerves were on fire. Even though he did desperately want to get away from the family for a while, it was a bit scary actually taking the steps to do it.

Danica's going to hate me, but I'll visit a lot. Besides like she said, I can go back once I've learned what I need to. He thought quietly still gathering the courage to call both of his favorite ladies. Titan's legs actually shook as he raised his head and called for Narime and @Danica. Finishing the howl with a stronger tone a voice, Titan lowered his head and waited for them. His chin was held a little while his river blue eyes danced around the meadow. Geese honked loudly overhead as they winged through the sky taking off from the meadow where they had rested the previous night. The dark wolf watched them take off and align themselves into a v-shape. They flew higher and higher into the chilly air, free to see the world below them in all its glory. The dark wolf pondered on the thought of flying wondering what the birds felt like as they flew through the air."Speech here."

Learn from these streets, it can be bleak,
Accept no defeat, surrender retreat...

Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narime had been busy hunting the very geese Titan had witnessed flying off. She had arrived earlier thinking up an idea as she watched the geese come by their meadow every few days while they waited for just the right time to migrate. They were fast birds in the air, but she figured that there might be a way to catch them while they were on land. Especially with their slow waddling bodies slowing them down. The she wolf imagined herself rushing forward and snatching one before it had even managed to try and take off in the opposite direction.

While she readied herself to hunt sneaking closer while staying hidden within the longer grasses, the scent of Titan crossed her nose. She debated on stopping her hunt because he might be walking about and might scare the birds. However she took the chance and rushed herself forward trying to get to the birds before they caught wind of danger and took off.

Picking her target, Nari's legs pushed herself forward pressing against the ground roughly. Her body flew through the grasses towards the geese who had noticed either her or Titan's howling nearby. The birds turned to leave widening their wings and half running and hopping to take off. It was during this pre-run take off that Nari managed to snag a single goose while it lifted off only a foot and a half from the ground.

Shaking the life out of her catch, Nari huffed catching her breath and looking down at her peculiar prize. Then her eyes looked towards the geese who honked harshly and were beginning to form a wide V in the sky. They were going to look for another meadow someplace to feast then rest for the night until migration begun.

Moving quickly back to where her original hiding spot was, the silver wolf scented past the goose in her jaws for her son. She had noticed his call for her during the short chase and now wound her way through the grasses looking for the dark lad.

When she found him, Titan looked as though he were trying to hide how nervous he was. His tense body alerted the mother that something was off despite the mask he held on his face. Concerned for him she dropped her meal and smiled towards Titan.

"What's wrong Titan?"

She asked hoping that he wouldn't hide from her what was bothering him. The she wolf always liked it when her boys were truthful with her, even when the truth sometimes hurt her.
faestock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Titan was surprised by the immediate appearance of his mother lady Narime. She must have been real close when I called. at first his thoughts turned to her hovering around him until he scented and spied the goose hanging from her muzzle. She hadn't been creeping on him, but going on an early morning hunt. Sighing guiltily Titan watched his mother approach him and without even a greeting she asked whether he was okay or not.

Twitching his muzzle into an annoyed half snarl while turning his blue gaze away off the woman, Titan chastised himself for being such an open book. It was always hard for him not to show his emotions to those around him. Although his mother and brother could probably pick out whether he was happy or sad just by knowing him so well.

His nose twitched at the alluring scent of goose blood while it dripped on the ground from the fresh kill. It made him remember that he hadn't eaten yet today. Shaking his head to clear the thought, Titan focused on throwing the idea of him living with the willow wolves for a while to his mother. She was really the only one he really thought would have a serious problem with it. What with half the pack coming and going as they pleased. He didn't want her to think that he wasn't loyal.

"Weelll... I've been thinking. or ..no.. I mean.." Titan screwed up his face trying to think of the best way to pitch the idea to her. "Back when you had me send a message to Lady ELettra. She invited me to join her pack for a while, and... I would like to take her up on that offer." He spoke turning his gaze back to the silver wolf to catch her expression. "They have many members who practice the healing arts and I want to learn as much as I can... I think I can learn more there rather than here." He said these words a little more rushed trying to get the explanation in before his mother had the time to object the idea completely.

"I promise I'll come back, she said once I felt my education was sufficient that I could come back here, and I promise I'll visit too.." He had a note of desperation to his voice as the dark wolf lowered his head and body submissively trying to gain her favor.

Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
She waited, listening intently to the dark coated youth as he firstly fumbled for an answer. Then he paused, gathering his cool, and continued his words so that she could more easily understand. Her heart leaped into her throat as Titan continued speaking. he wanted to leave... Although she took note of how carefully he was trying to put his words. She swallowed quietly as he rushed through and explanation. She admired the way he stood up to her asking for permission instead of just going out and doing it. Though her face began to shape into sadness as Nari looked upon the shadowy child.

To her he would always be just that. A child.

But he was a big child. Big as in tall and strong like his father and brother. Biting her lips a bit as the desperation reached her ears, Nari closed her eyes and heaved a heavy sigh. She knew this day was coming, although she had hoped that he would stay at least until he was two. Although she couldn't have hoped for a better situation. The very place he wanted to go to was a place she knew well, and that knowledge calmed the worried mother greatly. She knew Elettra and so knew that Titan would do well in the noble willow wolf's domain.

Besides, if what he said was true, then that meant Titan had plans on coming back at some point. Even if he decides to stay in the willows that'll be okay. I know he'll be able to live there and be relatively safe. Nari finally opened her eyes after letting silence envelope the pair of wolves.

"I hope you stay safe Titan, and know that you are always welcomed back here. "

She answered as calmly as she could. Nari was surprised by how well she was keeping herself together right now. Though perhaps Yuka's rebuke of her coddling had helped the mother to see clearly that her children were grown up. That they could think for themselves.

She smiled sadly then dipped her head moving to grab her goose before pausing.

"I'll make sure Yuka and Ash know that you have left so they don't worry. "

She said softly before grabbing the fresh kill in her jaws and raising her head once more. Nari looked over her boy, tall, dark, and handsome as he was; all she could see was a pup looking back at her. She hoped that he would hold up to his promises of visiting. She would even hope for him to one day return although she knew that he might one day find someplace else out there that tickles his fancy. A place where he might start a family of his own. but that's a long ways away. she thought quietly before dipping her head in silent farewell and forcing herself to turn around and leave. She had to make the farewell quick before her emotions got the best of her and she began crying right then and there.

(Exit Narime) @Danica @Ash @Kassander @Silver @Rook Whoever wants to talk to Titan before he leaves!!

faestock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Wow, he felt bad. Just like Titan had thought he was going to feel. However to her credit, Narime didn't look utterly shocked or wail at the thought of him leaving. Titan's heart fluttered about his chest as he hoped for the chance that she might grant him permission to leave. To his utter astonishment the silver she wolf actually smiled at him, and told him to stay safe (which he expected) before saying that she would tell his brother and Ash about his leaving.

"That's it?" He asked under his breath still waiting for his mother to growl at him and command him to stay or something along those lines. He could see that she was worried, maybe with a touch of sadness and fright mixed in her pale blue eyes. However she didn't say anything that would otherwise tell him that she was sad to see him go.

Feeling accomplished but also saddened by her reaction, Titan watched as Nari quickly picked up her goose then dipped her head in a short goodbye. He imitated the farewell while watching her with sad but curious eyes. He could tell now that she was rushing herself. Rushing to get away from him perhaps. I know she loves me, so she's not rushing away because she doesn't care. Maybe she's not good at goodbyes? He thought quietly as the gray took her meal and quickly exited leaving him all alone.

He hoped Yuka would be soft on her for the next few weeks as she got used to him not being there. The dark wolf was sure that she would try hovering over his brother a bit. Titan had tolerated her hovering only because of the outburst that had occurred during the last meeting between his mother and brother.

Suddenly unsure of what to do with himself, Titan glanced around at the territory he had lived his whole life within. Compelled to wander the borders one last time, the dark wolf pushed himself forward trotting slowly through the undergrowth filled with long dew covered grasses.

Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Silver
Silver had heard the call. Even though it called for Narime and Danica she decided to go check it out just in case. When she arrived she only heard and saw the last bit. "I'll make sure Yuka and Ash know that you have left so they don't worry. " As Narime left Silver cocked her head a bit. What was going on?

"Titan.." She spoke out softly to the boy approaching him carefully. "What's going on? Who is leaving? Are you?" Her voice held the curious ring to it most would expect to find from a wolf peering in for information. Of course his leaving didn't really effect her too much but she was able to understand that it might effect the pack some. His leaving was something she needed to be aware of to at the least comfort those effected by it.

Looking over the boy she wondered where he would go. What would he do, who would care for him, why he chose to leave now, all the questions flooding her mind. Yet she kept her mouth shut and tongue clamped so he could at least speak his bit before she would flood him again. Even though she had never officially met Titan, and they didn't have a real bond, Silver would admit she would likely the miss the boy being around the Caverns. He was an interesting one to watch or to have small conversations with. Surely others would miss his company too. Especially his mother Narime.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Titan walked the paths he knew by heart, although he didn't get far when the scent of another pack wolf caught his nose. He turned to see one of the newer she wolves he was not familiar with approaching him. Her black coat shown brightly in the sunlight as did her golden eyes while the woman questioned him. She seemed horribly curious and or a moment Titan didn't want to answer to a she wolf he barely knew. However her friendly but expectant look had him sigh and nod answering her question silently.

"Don't worry about me I'll be back one day once I'm fully educated. I'm only leaving so that I can better myself and the pack." He answered suddenly forgetting the womans name.

He'd chatted with the dark woman before but it had always been jokingly or just boring small chat. Her name had been uttered a few times however just like with his list of herbs Titan would have to repeat the name several times before anything stuck. He was the kind of wolf who could remember scents and faces rather than names.

"I'm sorry ma'am but what's your name again? I can't seem to recall it." He lowered his head and plastered a sheepish grin onto his features while wagging his tail in an apologetic manner. Maybe I should have acquainted myself with all the newbies before even thinking of leaving? He chuckled inwardly among those random thoughts that made up Titan's head. Then he waited for Silver to answer hoping she wouldn't get annoyed with him.

Played by Namara who has 57 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kassander Mikhailovich

He had been going about his day like nothing was amiss before he heard the call from Titan. He finished rearranging his herbs before heading to the borders, concerned about the boy's call as he was under his wind per say. Well, as far as he knew. When he arrived, he noted Narime's scent fresh but her not around as well as the black coated female and Titan. "Titan. What is going on?" He asked with concern present in his voice as he looked about. There was a frown on his muzzle as he listened to the words the boy said. Don't worry about me I'll be back one day once I'm fully educated. I'm only leaving so that I can better myself and the pack. Titan was leaving?

"Your leaving." His tone suddenly detached and dried. It wasn't a question but more of a statement of realization. Titan had been the one to teach him how to speak English. Titan had been the one he had been training as his apprentice and now Titan was leaving to learn somewhere else it would seem. "Was it something I did wrong?" He would ask, a small pain dripping into his voice. Was there something wrong with the way he taught? Was it his fault that Titan was making a leave to find knowledge somewhere else. He could not help but dwell on the topic as he looked at the young ebony-coated boy. He would gulp as he waited for some sort of reason.

Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Titan shrugged his shoulders to Silver before glancing away feeling a bit peeved that the other pack members were giving his situation more attention than his own mother had. His breath sucked in sharply when Kassander appeared. Not knowing how the older male would react Titan braced himself for a "good luck" or the harsh questioning to come from his previous mentor.

The dark lad received the latter as Kassanders saddened voice gripped Titan's heart with his unhappy questions. As soon as the rust healer asked whether he had done something wrong Titan shook his head violently "no" then stepped up to his mentor with a sad look on his face.

"No no Kass, you didn't do anything wrong trust me. It's just.. I..." Titan struggled with how to tell his teacher why he wanted to go. True the main reason was to learn more advanced healing techniques, but maybe Titan was really lying to himself. Maybe I just want to go. Anywhere but here... He thought mildly looking back on his reasoning to leave. The dark wolf had always had the urge to roam, and maybe that was why he wanted to just go someplace else so badly.

"I just want to see outside, Like all of you have. You guys got to choose where to go and what to do with yourselves." He paused letting those words sink in and feeling the truth in them. "I want a chance to do that, and besides I'll probably wimp out in a few months and come back!"He tried to argue with his pack mates. His stubbornness was beginning to show plainly as the dark wolf stood there looking back and forth between the two other wolves.

Even though he really didn't want to hurt Kassander's feelings.

Played by Namara who has 57 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kassander Mikhailovich

The normally pusillanimous brute frowned as Titan explained his reasoning for leaving and it caused Kassander to sigh. "Titan, that is not why I left my birth pack. I left because I was in a difficult situation. My parents and siblings were very abusive because I was different. They hurt me because I wanted to be a healer rather than a fighter." He explained, the pain showing in his eyes as he explained his own reasoning for leaving his home. He realized, of course, that Titan was far too stubborn to listen to any reasoning that Kass might carry with him. The healer shifted uncomfortably on his paws as he looked at his apprentice. Though the boy was convinced he would wimp out, Kassander was not.

"Titan, you are not timid or cowardly. You won't 'wimp out' unless you want to. Until then... I guess this is goodbye. I hope you find what you are looking for." He said it with sadness while he tried to block out all of his emotions. He turned away from Titan as he tried to stick his heart back up his sleeve so it wasn't hanging out. Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know. He told himself as he continued to walk off towards the medicine den. Was he afraid of attachment? Yes. Titan felt like a son... well not a son because Kass was too young for that, but a younger brother. That was what Kassander Xanilov had lost that day. He had lost a friend. He had lost a brother. He has lost his apprentice.

-Exit-