(See All?) Announcements
506 Users Online
Google

Starting Anew — Whisper Marsh 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nicole who has 9 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jess
Next response I post should be in the Lagoon thread, right?

"I hope you know where you're going."

She heard Charcoal murmur with a hint of distrust. She honestly didn't really know where she was going, but as long as she kept heading south, they were bound to find something. A squeak came from behind her, and at first Jess didn't know what it was, she wouldn't think of such a sound to come from Charcoal, but looking over her shoulder, she noticed that he had sunk into yet another puddle of water. Suddenly, Jess herself was flung forward as she stepped into a huge puddle of water, causing her whole body to get wet as she let out a loud yelp. She sat up slowly, the cold wind now effecting her as she began to shiver, great, I should have paid attention to where I was going... She thought critically to herself. Jess realized that it was now time to admit she didn't know what to do or where to go, the cold clouded her mind and she couldn't think straight, instead, she just looked up at charcoal with a helpless look with her ears pinned against her skull. She then looked around and realized that the large puddle she fell in was connected to a large lake like thing and she stood from the water as she looked around, crawling out of the water and onto solid ground next to Charcoal as shiver continued to plague her body.
Played by Pepsi who has 20 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Charcoal Berne
Yeah, I'll finish up the thread with this post and then we can continue in the Lagoon
"Wow." Was the only thing Charcoal said as his companion fell into the lake, letting a soft breath whistle through his teeth. "Today is just not our day, huh?" Charcoal padded over to Jess, stretching out his neck to give the air a quick sniff. "We shouldn't be too far from the lagoon." He said, trotting forward through the water as he scanned their surroundings. "There are dry patches there where we should be safe and sheltered from this fog." He let out an annoyed huff and bounced out of the water, the fur around his ankles already becoming encrusted with ice crystals.

He glanced over his shoulder at Jess and flicked his head. "Come on." He called, "It's not that far a walk." With that, he started off, occasionally lifting his legs and shaking them off. He hoped the fog would pass soon. At least then he could get rid of the mud and ice that was starting to harden, making his fur stiff. He felt like a walking pupsicile. He stopped and pressed his nose against the lush grasses that likes to grow on the border between the lagoon and the marsh. Other than the usual earthy smell one would expect from sticking one's snout in grass, he didn't pick up any particularly interesting scents.

At waited beside the clumps of grass, licking the ice from his legs as he patiently waited for Jess to catch up. I wonder if those birds are still here. He wondered, remembering the last time he had visited the lagoon. Not like this would be a good time to go hunting, especially considering the way he caught the goose the first time.