562 Users Online
Bing, Google

momma don't cry, papa don't preach — Black Thorn Downs 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina
@Tokino @Noble @Kova
I figured its time the pups see their dad since he's been injured and Minka's been keeping them away. (Its been about a week since Kino returned). Also some pp about whats been happening this week, lemme know if you want it changed.
July 23rd, Late Morning, Partly Cloudy - 68F/20C

It had been just over a week since that horrific morning when Tokino had arrived at the borders with his leg practically shredded. Since then Minka and Beren had been doing everything possible to keep the pups away from the infirmary so their father would have some time to heal before they saw him. It was painful to even think about them seeing him with his wound still gaping and on herbs that made him sleepy and confused. The fae had been dividing all of her time between her children and lurking near the entrance of the infirmary, constantly checking on his progress even though she had no knowledge of healing. Last night before she had left to go back to the communal den the pair had agreed that it was time their children were told the truth about what had happened, and that Tokino was well enough to see him.

So this morning Minka had awoken from a fitful sleep and had done her best to occupy her children for as long as possible. Finally as morning began to approach afternoon she knew she could stall no more, and it was with a serious expression she lay in the dirt waiting for Noble and Kova to settle so she could speak with them. When she was sure they were paying attention she let out a sigh before beginning, "Do you remember how I told you that your father went on a long trip and it made him very tired and he's been resting since he got back, that's why you haven't been able to see him?" The tawny woman paused now, looking back and forth between her son and her daughter, waiting for them to acknowledge what she had spoken. "He did go on a long trip, but while he was gone he got hurt pretty badly. The reason we didn't tell you is because he needed some time to feel better before you saw him, but he's feeling better now and would like you to come visit. Please remember though that he is still healing, and will be for some time, so please be careful not to bump his leg, and don't be too loud okay?" Standing now the Lagina woman licked the top of each of their heads in assurance that everything would be alright.

This was how they now found themselves outside of the infirmary, a place the pups had never been allowed so close to before. Quietly the woman poked her muzzle inside of the den, blinking a few times while her golden eyes adjusted to the sudden darkness. Finally they settled upon the grey form of her mate and she murmured, "Tokino? The pups are here to see you." In the dimness she could see that his body was still and she hoped he wasn't sleeping. If he was she would have to wrangle the children away so they wouldn't wake him, and Minka wasn't sure she had it in her emotionally right now to deal with the tantrums that would ensue.

Played by TABs who has 170 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tokino Lagina

OOC: Totally lost my first post and got angry. I almost rage quite for the night..... >:/

IC:The male wolf slept fitfully. His body stressed and stiff after laying in the same position for a prolonged period of time. The wound on his leg was healing quickly. The flesh slowly stitching itself together under newly applied herbs. The cracked bone underneath healing even more slowly than the flesh and the older wolf's damaged pride. Tokino had not been able to see his children since he pulled himself over the border and received help for his wounds. Anxiety over Noble and Kova's well being kept him worried both night and day. Ever since Abadeer's death the male had been extra vigilant around his own pups.

Cold icy eyes blinked open. The Lagina wolf huffed, annoyed at being awoken by a stiff back. Slowly Kino's lips peeled open in a wide yawn. The open mouth revealed all of the sharp teeth and healthy gums in the males upper and lower jaws. Closing his mouth down then licking his lips, Tokino switched his pale blue gaze onto his injured leg. It looks to be healing well, but too slow bahhhh. Kino growled within his head before stretching his leg out testing it. FUNABLA! The gray wolf stiffened before relaxing the leg which hadn't moved more than a centimeter. Eying his leg once more Tokino sighed. There was still an injury inside someplace that didn't seem to be healing. At least that was what the older wolf imagined.

Turning his head at the sound of paw steps Tokino looked hopefully towards the bushes for some company. He heard Minka's voice just before she parted the bushes and revealed herself and the pups. Come come! I can't wait to see them! He uttered the happy growl from his maw before setting his tail loose banging on the earth.

Like a mystery without a clue
Minka & Tokino
There is no me if I cannot have you
Played by TABs who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kova Lagina
I was hoping @Noble would post between me and Tokino, but I guess I'll go first.

Kova Lagina
memoria et lux

Kova wandered along after his mother, and despite his meandering paws the boys ears were tilted towards Minka showing that he was indeed listening. The pup nodded as the Lagina female told her child how Tokino had been injured, and that this was the reason why they could not and had not seen the lean gray man for so long. Kova whined sadly. He knew what being hurt felt like. Kova had gotten cuts, bruises, and pricks from blackberry bushes among other things while rough housing with his sister. Wondering how bad his father's injuries were, Kova mused quietly letting his imagination run wild.

I won't touch his leg momma. Kova said with and intensely serious face. Glancing to Minka to figure out what she was feeling the young cub held his gaze for a few seconds before looking back at his paws to keep and eye on where he was going. Keeping a single ear back and listening for his sister Noble, the gray boy shook his fur and sighed in relief when Minka called out to Tokino.

Slowly excitement began to jog energy through his veins. Kova padded forward and looked around a blackberry bush to see his father smiling at him while sprawled out on the earth. Not jumping forward to greet his father just yet, Kova let his darkening blue eyes cast over his fathers form. They lodged themselves on the older males leg where poultices covered the healing flesh wound.

You got a bad booboo don't ya? Kova whined while beginning to pad forward and maul his fathers face with licks and head bumps. Digging himself into Tokino's neck fur as best he could, Kova let himself roll over and joined his father on the ground. Then more licks were given to whatever the young worried boy could reach.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Emma who has 116 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Noble Lagina

She was puzzled by how much sleep her dad seemed to need. He must have walked a super long way to be tired for so long. Noble was a four month-old pup, she thought of her dad as invincible. Hopefully soon he would wake up with tons of energy for playing. Maybe he had even learned a new game while he was gone! She was so excited to see him that when Minka started talking about daddy, Noble had immediately scooted over to listen better. Her face scrunched up in confusion at the explanation. Like Kova, she was thinking of the minor hurts she'd received. She'd didn't grasp the magnitude of his injuries. Her dad was invincible, after all! And, if he wanted to see her and Kova, he must be fine.

When Kova solemnly reassured their mother Noble was quick to nod her head quickly in agreement. She wasn't sure how her little puppy-self could hurt him. It was a strange thought, but they were already walking and Noble so wanted to see Tokino that she simply hurried after them.

They stopped at a screen of blackberry canes and she wanted anxiously, glancing up excitedly as Minka called out. She sniffed, pointing her black nose inward, she thought she could smell him! When Tokino urged them forward Noble wasted no time. She moved forward at the same time as Kova did. She hurried forward, tripping over large puppy feet. Daddy! Coming around the last blackberry plant she skidded to a sudden stop. Her dad was there all right, but she'd caught sight of his leg. But her dad wasn't supposed to get hurt! She crouched uncertainly, her tail quivering in an attempt at happiness. Slowly she crawled forward to press her wet nose against his cheek. She licked him rapidly and delicately, whining the whole time, "Daddy...."

[Image: ROWtwloha2015-btd.png]