please — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 46 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Vaeta Tainn
i am the wandering gypsy
Vaeta Tainn
i don't really live anywhere
She had been gone for too long - she knew that now. Though her wondering heart had gotten the best of her, the woman once more returned to the lands she was still certain she wanted to call home. Surely her brother, @Mirren would understand her, for he had known her his whole life. Vaeta loved to explore, was a scout and adventurer at heart, but would that be enough for the pack? Would the rest accept her as this, her Leaders? She could not have been gone for around two weeks and although she had come close to the borders to drop off a kill or two, having never been in the territory or inform her Leaders where she was is a no-no, still something she was perhaps not used to. After all, she had been under her parents ruling as a youth who wondered as much as she and then she was a loner for quite some time... Now, she finds herself whispering and whining for forgiveness as she crawls to the pack borders and towards the den. She falls, belly up, a frown on her features as she awaits her Leader's judgement. Most importantly, she seeks out @Mirren, who's scent is thick within the den, though she dare not enter should she not be wanted once more. "I...brother, Miccah, Nina, I'm sorry...I just." She pauses, her eyes shifting about to see who had gathered. "I found something - I found father! The mountains, they are open now. I walked them, I found a path and then I smelt father. I don't know where, or what pack but, he is here!" She can't help her excitement and quivers on the ground as she remains on her back, hoping so much that her Leaders, her brother, and the rest of the pack would be willing to forgive her.
(This post was last modified: Jul 02, 2014, 07:04 PM by Vaeta.)
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

She wished to give her newest litter some space, inside of hovering over them all the time. The mother could not deny that she did not feel extra protective of her children now that they were out and about. She did not wish for another Tacoma accident to occur, but she felt much more secure in knowing that her pack mates would look out for her children. So when a familiar voice called out to her, she did not hesitate in moving in the direction of the voice. She had feared that something had happened to the Tainn girl, but was pleased to see that she was back...and was indeed in for a firm scolding.

Nina did not hesitate to rise from the den and to lift herself tall as she stood in front of Vaeta, her words finally processing in her mind. If she meant Ruiko, then she would definitely go as soon as she could to find him...and she could bring one of her to be scouts with her. Clearing her throat, she spoke sternly to the girl below her, ”Vaeta, you know when you leave for long periods of time you must tell me so I know what is going on. I do not appreciate your lack of communication and expect it to improve in the future, yes?” She made her scolding brief and to the point. After all, the Tainn was no longer and child and did not deserve to be treated as such, and so Nina had no problem in asserting herself over the adult.

The mother's heart clenched at the thought of seeing her former alpha again. She had always looked up to him when she had served under him and he had respected her opinion when it came to matters of the pack. Her memory of the man was present in her mind, but not as clear as it had been in the past. Clenching her jaw tightly, she lightly nuzzled Vaeta's cheek, whispered a short, 'welcome home' before diving into what she wanted to know. Shuffling her paws slightly, Nina's single eye pierced down to the girl's orbs before she spoke again. ”You found Ruiko's scent...? Which part of the mountain?” She did wish to see him, it was only a matter of who would be able to look after her children.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive V. Subordinate
Vaeta Tainn
i am the wandering gypsy
Vaeta Tainn
She came quickly, her stance prideful as she stood above her, scolding. Though Vaeta was a tall woman, quite a bit larger then some ladies and surely standing more then a foot taller then her Leader, from this placement on the ground - on her back - Nina was a sight to behold. She whined yet once more, the tip of her tail twitching in a wave lightly as her eyes danced to the area along the woman's chest and throat. "Yes, Yes. I'm sorry! I just..." She just couldn't help herself. It was certainly one of her downfalls or perhaps many would like to think of it as such. She loved her family and cared for the well-being of her pack very much. Still, when the wind blew and the sun was high on the horizon, she just felt the pull to go. She ran and she ran without thought or care...until it came nipping her in the butt.

Nina's nuzzle was comforting and she knew then she would be accepted back into the ranks once more with her brother, if only now on a lower scale amongst the pack. Flipping so she was laying on her belly now, she addressed Nina's question promptly with the information (though however little) she had obtained. "I went south along the mountains from the Dire. I saw dark woods on the other side..." She did not admit it, but those woods were scary looking, foreboding, dangerous. "I caught his around scent there. I'm sure of it but... I didn't go in." Although she had a wanderer's heart (and surely her Leader knew that by now) Vaeta had no intention of going off for too long and knew that trekking the mountains and the lands beyond would have taken up far too much time. She had wondered too far already, this was made clear by Nina's short scolding. "Wait..." Realization finally dawned on her. "You know Ruiko?" Of course, Nina had been a part of Copper Rock Creek way back then and although Mirren might have remembered her, Vaeta's memory of the members back in her puppy days was fuzzy at best.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The woman stood still, her gaze ever watchful of the young girl that she had once looked after so loyally. She had always been a caretaker and had been able to exhibit her skills to both Ruiko and Aeylen when she had been with their family. She had watched carefully over her alpha when she had been pregnant with her three children and made sure that in the end, she would produce enough milk for them and that they would be healthy when she gave birth to them. In the end, it had all turned out all right, until the flood had came. After that, everything seemed to have gone downhill. None the less, she had remained loyal and by their sides until they had finally decided to leave. She had respected their decision, but in the end it had ended up hurting anyway. Now...now she had the chance to see them...or at least one of them, which would be as much as she would be able to get for the past two years.

Eagerly, she listened to Vaeta speak of him, and was caught off guard when the girl asked a question of her own. Nina was not angry though, she was surprised though, that Vaeta had not remembered her. Mirren and Nios had...but then...the mother had been much closer to Aeylen's sons than she had her only daughter. When she spoke, her tone had turned much lighter, and softened, ”Yes, I was a subordinate under your parents, a Healer to them. I took care of the pack, as well as you and your siblings when needed. They were so kind to me...and so I wish to see Ruiko, I will bring a Scout with me...and we will explore the other side of the mountain.” She remained silent for a moment, keeping her excitement on the inside. Surely Mirren wouldn't mind looking after her children while she was gone, he cared for them, and would do pretty much anything that she would ask him to do. After another moment of silence, her single-eyed gaze turned back to the girl, parting her jaws, ”Speaking of roles, which one seems to peek your interest, my dear. I believe it is time you are given a title, yes?” She waited then, anxious to hear what the girl would say.

Inactive V. Subordinate
Vaeta Tainn
i am the wandering gypsy
Vaeta Tainn
In answering her question, her Leader went into detail what she did under her parents rule - a Healer amongst them and a caregiver to them when they were young. Vaeta remembered vaguely the members of her pack, what they looked like... Certainly a tawny, one green eyed woman swirled within her memories, though nothing much else too that. A shame, really, and perhaps a sign that come of an older age, remembering the faces of wolves might prove difficult. Still enough, Nina was calm and collected, happy enough to see her and hear of the news Vaeta had to offer even if it had meant wondering off too far and for too long. Already her Leader was making plans to leave her homeland in order to search beyond the mountains in search for Ruiko. The thought made Vaeta giggle with an excitement, though as quickly as it did it became after clear that she, herself, would not be going to visit her father...

Taking a deep breath, Vaeta's ginger ears perked high as Nina spoke up once more, this time about roles on her behalf. Vaeta was two years old after all and her brother was not only a guardian of the land, but the Lead Guardian, so why not she make something of herself too? "Oh!" She peeps with an excitement, her tail once more waving over the Thicket's ground. "Yes, of course Nina... I'd love to be a Scout." She knew she was young and for all she knew, there was another scout in the pack, though perhaps she had a chance of meeting her father after all!
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
My spell check was freaking out when I wrote this post. It was like, "WHAT ARE ALL THESE NAMES!!! WHAT!?!

The regal woman did not have to wait long for a response from the younger woman and Nina wasn't surprised by her answer. She was, after all, a wondering spirit, the mother had noticed it, especially since Vaeta would be seen constantly running around. Nina's tail flicked behind her in amusement at the thought, but gave a polite accepting nod to the girl. This was good. Kite, Mirren's friend, was the Lead Scout of the pack and Nina was quite sure that the two would get along quite well. The L'Crowe was a kind soul and Nina knew that Vaeta was also, but that also did not go without saying that the Tainn didn't have fight in her. Nina had lived with Ruiko and Aeylen for quite some time and had gotten to know them quite well and they were quite a dominate pair. Nina could already see the change in Mirren, and she definitely prided him in knowing that he was a strong man and highly capable of being the Lead Guard of the pack. The golden brown lady knew no one else who would be better at handling the job.

Eventually she spoke soft words to the girl in front of her, ”Very well, an excellent choice of skill for you. Kite L'Crowe is our Lead Scout, I believe you will like her and I think you should become acquainted with her.” She waited for the young Tainn's response, glad that she had both her and Mirren with her once more. Even if her first litter had left her to go out on their own, she still had Mirren and Vaeta. She knew that Nios was out there somewhere and she was only hoping that he was happy, and that would be enough to please her any day. But Vaeta and Mirren were two pups she had gradually gotten close to, both as their caretaker and Healer. She had watched over them since the moment of their existence and she would continue to do so until she drew her last breath, or until they decided to move onto the next step of their journey in life.

Inactive V. Subordinate
Vaeta Tainn
i am the wandering gypsy
Vaeta Tainn
There was silence for a moment, though the air remained positive. Nina's head bowed in acceptance to her choice and once more to the larger woman's tail wave with a certain happiness. Nina seemed understanding enough to Vaeta's nature, having a certain need and desire to roam the lands beyond that of just her own home's territory. After all, traveling had been a large part of her life since she was a child and had since growing into an adult, had not grown out of the need for venture. After all, though the Tainn girl had been born into the lands of Relic Lore, she had not truly the chance to explore them to their potential, granted her and her family had left when she was just a child. She was grown now and the world was at the tip of her paws.

Then there was a mentioning of Kite and of her being a scout as well within the pack. The woman's ginger coated ears perked to the name, a smug smile easing of her expression as she lifted a bit higher at the mentioning of the other woman. "I do know her, actually." She did then admit and after a moment, goes into explaining to her Leader. "When I first arrived in Relic Lore once more, I met her in the Secluded Springs... She told me that Mirren was here, led me here." If it had not been for the woman, for all Vaeta knew, she would have still yet been wondering around looking for her brother. Of course, even though Vaeta knew around a general area where her father lived, the search was not yet over. There was still her mother and of course, @Nios to be found.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The golden mother watched as happiness radiated off of Vaeta. For the most part, Nina was an understanding woman, she tried to see in the eyes of the other wolf that she was communicating with and found it hard to separate herself from them sometimes. The Tainn spoke of how she had come to find Secret Woodlands and that it was Kite that had led her to the pack. She certainly did enjoy having the Tainn siblings back, even if it was only the two of them. The Hervok had taken in hard when Ruiko and Aeylen had left. They were two of the first wolves that had showed her compassion and kindness when she had first entered the lore. Eventually she had gotten over it though and went to start her own pack so that those who wished to remain could start anew and not have to live with the phantoms of the past. She now understood that they were just ready to move on from a place where they had spent a majority of their life. Two of her children had already moved on to the next part of their life journey and Nina knew that she had to support them, even if she didn't want them to leave.

A calm smile spread over the golden brown alpha's face as she watched the Tainn in front of her, the words slipping out of her mouth before she fully processed them, ”I am glad that you have returned. I enjoy being able to watch over both of you again.” The single-eyed lady was always prone to a motherly tendency and that had certainly carried over when Mirren, Nios, and Vaeta had been born. She had certainly pitched in when it came to taking care of the three siblings and at the time she had been content with caring for the alphas children. That would never be the case again though because she now had angels of her own. But if push came to shove she would certainly think about taking care of an alphas children, at least, when she got older. Right now, she was simply content with letting her life go by and watching how it would eventually change.