(See All?) Announcements
524 Users Online
Bing, Google, Isla

Bleeding Heart — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

It didn't take long for the Vuesain man to find the prize at the end of the tantalizing scent trail, or better yet the beginning. Before their eyes lay the nearly untouched remains of a fallen moose carcass for the taking. Saliva immediately began to fill the depths of his mouth, the pink of his tongue breaking past the black lining of his lips to graze over them in a hungrily fashion. Moose was an animal on the food chain that Vespertio enjoyed most, savoring the sweet and tender flesh the beast provided. Soon the confines of his stomach would be filled to the brim with said meat. Anthem seemed to have other plans at hand as he made due of circling the area to ensure no coyotes were present before returning to his side, settling with letting Vesper dine first while he kept an eye open for in quote their 'mangy cousins'.

"It's appreciated, Anthem." A silent nod in thanks then followed before her dared approach the bloated beast at its stomach, using his razor sharp canines to enlarge the already gaping hole where the coyotes had fed in order to gain easier access to the organs inside. Those were the real prizes of any kill and he had scuffled over many carcasses during his years as a loner for claim of the heart and liver. Said scuffles had eventually led to the multiple of claw like scars that lay unseen beneath his fur along his haunches, majority of them minor enough to have healed over with time. Now they remained faint shades of pink when the wind blew his fur a certain way. A quick futile lick to his chops removed the blood that now coated them though his face would soon become a blood stained mess while he devoured his fill. His teeth made quick work of the tender flesh, shredding it down to bits small enough to swallow until his stomach groaned in discomfort. Upon sight of him his sides bulged with the food that was now contained within his belly, a satisfied lick to his lips following suit before retreating from the remains of the moose to relieve Anthem of his watch so he may enjoy a solid meal as well.

"Go and eat now. I'll stand watch." Vespertio offered while giving the man a coaxing nudge to his shoulder. By no means was it affectionate as it would have been had Anthem been a pack mate, but it still held a similar meaning that he was to move. With a content stomach he now rolled back on his haunches to take on a sitting position, golden gaze constantly scanning the surrounding tree line for any disturbances while Anthem hopefully ate his fill. He didn't have to invite Vespertio for a meal back on the mountain, but the gesture was appreciated and the dark saddled male was keen on returning the gesture some how.

Played by Hex who has 174 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC TEXT

Sitting on his haunches Anthem watched the surrounding area as the smaller male thanked him. The dark boy nodded in response but he assumed that it was unseen as he heard Vespertio feasting on the moose carcass. His dark ears flicked at the sounds of the coyotes. They didn't shut up did they? The scent of fresh meat continued to fill the area as he waited while the other ate. What blood that hadn't spilled to the ground now met the air with a fresher scent. His stomach gurgled softly but he remained still as he kept watch.

He wasn't sure why he had even offered to stand guard. It wasn't like he had found any coyotes in the surrounding area even if they sounded close by. The dark boy stifled a yawn as he heard his companion finish up before nudging his shoulder and telling him to go eat. Standing he glanced over at Vespertio who's face was covered in blood make the lighter areas pink and red. Anthem knew that he would likely look the same as well when he was done eating. He just wouldn't be as colorful seeing as his fur was a darker shade already and blood didn't show up quite as well.

Slipping to the carcass side Anthem ripped a piece off and swallowed it with a snap of fangs. The taste exploded on his tongue and he eagerly went back for more. He didn't know when his next meal would be so he would try to eat as much as possible and then whatever was left, because there would be a lot left, would go to the pack wolf. Pausing in his feasting he glanced around at the area before returning his attention to the meat before him. It wasn't like he didn't trust Vespertio it was just that some habits he couldn't break and this was one of them.

Tearing off one last bite the dark boy swallowed. He was was stuffed his sides were stretched pleasantly and he licked his chops before padding over to the lighter male. The rest of it is for you and your pack. He told the male simply. Anthem didn't know when he would next be in the area so starting a cache here for him could mean that it would rot before he got to it.

I am the Anthem we sing,

My sister the Angele we follow,

My brother ,Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain
Gonna have Vesp drop an invite then be on his way. An exit from you and we can archive this thread then move on to the joining thread.

As he stood guard the lighter man gave the areas in which his tongue could reach a good licking in attempt to clean the blood that stained his fur. Occasionally he would lower his head to rub his muzzle against the powdery snow at his feet to moisten the fur which he found made the crimson liquid easier to remove from those hard to reach spots. A quick couple wipes of his paws made little work of said areas. He didn't like to keep his appearance unkempt for any extent of time. A handsome man such as he liked to remain handsome at all times knowing it drove the women crazy with a single charming grin of his lips. Oh how fun it was watching scores of females fall at his feet with the pathetic need to be given attention.

In the distance the annoying yaps of their cousins continued to torture the night air. God, did they ever quite with their obsessive, agonizing cacophony of noises? How was someone suppose to get a good nights sleep or enjoy a meal with that racket echoing everywhere. That thought caused his head to shake briefly as if it would silence the harrowing sounds, Sadly it did not, but his attention was soon distracted as Anthem finished consuming his fill and approached Vespertio with a face mask that looked considerably cleaner than his own had previously been. The man was lucky enough to have been born with a darker coloration that hid the crimson stains better than the cream that adorned Vesper's mask. "I hope you had your fill." He spoke as his body rose to its full height, nodding his crown with understanding at Anthem's words of what was to be done with the rest of the carcass.

A yawn then broke past his ebony lips, the late hours of the night and the fullness of his belly beginning to work their effects on the male making him steadily grow increasingly sleepy by the moment. He had spent enough time away from his pack for one night and the warmth of his den began to call out for him in the depths of his mind. This meant that the two men would have to go their separate ways for now, but Vesper had a hunch that their paths would cross again. "It's getting late and I should be heading back to my pack mates along with the moose." pausing his words he let them drift into silence before continuing after another yawn breaks his train of thought. "I do not know what plans you may have or where you plan to travel to next, but if you are in need of a place to seek shelter or even a pack to join you have my regards. Winter is approaching and a lone wolf has little chance at surviving, though you can surely handle your own. It's the least I could do for offering to share this food when you didn't have to." The invite was now laid out for him to do as he pleased with it. Anthem could disregard it and be on his way never to return to the area, or eventually find his way back to take up the offer. It was now out of Vesper's paws.

With that he dipped his head in farewell before padding over to the mangled remains of flesh, gripping the nape of the neck in order to drag the beast for the journey home. Meeting Anthem's blue gaze with his golden one, he gave a wag of his tail in goodbye before turning his body westward and hauling both his weight and the moose's away form the scene to disappear into the curtain of darkness that was the night.

Exit

Played by Hex who has 174 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC TEXT

Anthem glanced to the moon. It was getting late and though he had no where to be he wanted to get at least partway back up the mountain that loomed over them. He nodded in affirmation that he had indeed ate what he had wanted. If he ate too much more he thought he might burst. He licked his muzzle swiping some of the blood off but not all of it. He would need to clean himself up before he fell asleep since he didn't want another predator thinking he was fair game. Though the fight that followed might be interesting Anthem was too tired to deal with another creature trying to kill him. It would ruin his beauty sleep. The thought was a sarcastic one seeing as he cared little for how he looked. Sure being presentable was nice but dolling yourself up he found tiresome.

Anthem looked to his companion is surprise, but then nodded in understanding. That was the second invitation that he had received. Was he really someone that everybody would want in their pack? The thought baffled him and he let out a small sigh. I will keep that in mind but at the moment I wish to travel more. Watching Vespertio leave after his brief goodbye he wondered if he should go after him and join his pack at that very moment. He shook his head at the thought. He still wanted to see what was on the other side of this mountain and see what lay beyond. When he came back maybe he would find the male again and take him up on his offer.

I am the Anthem we sing,

My sister the Angele we follow,

My brother ,Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.