516 Users Online
Google, Bing, Neo

try to convince me i'm not drowning — Whisper Marsh 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
I can hold the weight of worlds if that's what you need

There was a fine line between her footfalls being frantic, and merely rapid. The white wolf suddenly graced the fading Marsh with her presence, her wide mismatched eyes swept hungrily over the landscape. She was on a desperate search. Neither the first nor likely last of her life.

At the mention of returning she had not she realized how serious her mate had been. Ren had come by, then just as quickly was gone. Jayse didn't think that was anything different. How many times had they thought of returning? How many times had she thought something would ignite that lost spark? It was pointless counting. Luckily, it did not take long for her to realize his intention. It was Aniu who had informed her of his commands, his sudden preparing, his instance that they were going. It was the lack of Aiyana's company that made her know without a shadow of a doubt he was seriously headed back to the Lore this time. This should have her elated, as she missed her children greatly. Jayse's own happiness was easily marred, because life had gotten far from easy. A lack of a new litter had brought different woes to her. A future that didn't seem so hopeful, but hopeless.

Gritting her teeth, she tried to force her tired bones, her screaming lungs forward. Borden could not have gotten too far ahead of her. It was only upon his insistence of scouting ahead did she lose track of him. For all of her she was trying to let him have his independence, while still keeping tabs upon him. Since her nose was far from what it had been, and anxiety did a great deal to eat away the rest of her wit, her senses she did not see his streaked coat of black, tawny, and grey. Since she remembered where they were headed she continued in the general direction, some how holding a whine from breaking out her lips.

Editted by Phineas -- you forgot to close a div. <3
(This post was last modified: Oct 10, 2014, 03:02 AM by Jaysyek.)
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
NEWLY DATED TO OCTOBER 9TH

Her side, back leg, and rear end was not infected, but the scabbed over wounds from the 20+ porcupine quills still hurt the silver she wolf as she made her way slowly to the marsh north of her home. She was looking for a particular herb that grew in plentiful amounts around this wet territory. Narime was surprised at how useful the information she had learned as a yearling was being to her. Triell Tainn had once taught her about a plant called Hellebore, and in several instances it had become useful to the gray cavern wolf. Coincidentally Triell had taught her about the plant so that she could help him patch up Rais Rose after the young wolf had been poked by a porcupine just like she had. Now she was about to use the plant once more on herself after already depleting Kassander's stores of the herb.

Her nose and silver crown were dipped downwards taking in air and scenting for the distinctive smell of a particular herb. It was the only herb Nari really knew about and also knew how to use. A far cry from the many herbs and their information and uses that her son had learned about. However she was a hunter not a healer. She didn't bother herself often with the various plants around the landscape.

A scent of wolf and a muddy track filled Nari's senses as she paused to peer down at the paw print. Looking upwards she spotted the trail headed northwest towards the cedars, though her blue orbs also spotted the white coat of the trail's maker. Sniffing the scent again because it was achingly familiar, Nari rose to look up at the sight of the wolf who was a good fifty or so yards away from her. I know her... Nari racked her brain to think of the she wolf and where she had encountered that scent.

Vague memories of Willow Ridge pooled together in her mind as Nari recalled the smell. It had been with ELettra that she had encountered this woman. Then the form of Rook's face appeared in Nari's head. The only wolf she had known to have eyes like his had been a she wolf of Grizzly Hollow. A white female named Jaysyek. That's it... It was her I met back on Willow Ridge's borders but, she's been away from this territory for so long. Nari was surprised that Jaysyek had suddenly reappeared in the land. It made her wonder if the woman was looking for someone. Maybe Rook, Borden, and Bishop. I hope she finds it okay that they've been with me.... Narime felt the urge to call out to the white woman, but what would she say?

"Jaysyek? Is that you?"

Narime half barked, half howled the short greeting while watching from her safe place to see if the white wolf would turn to regard her or keep on moving forward.
faestock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
(This post was last modified: Nov 04, 2014, 04:56 PM by Narimé.)
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

It is thanks for joining. :D Um If it's better to have this happen after she meets Borden that's fine.:3 Let me know which.

The once leader had yet to realize there was another close by. Eagerly, she pressed onward, trying to elicit some kind of function from her nose. Far as she could tell Borden had not been this way. In irritation her eye brows pressed tightly over her mismatched eyes.

"Hell's bells," softly she muttered, but did not stop her leathery nose from its search. The sooner she caught up to him the better. Maybe, then she could collect her rampant thoughts, and fluttering heart. Jayse had lost him once, and she would be damned to lose him again. Even though this past year it seemed her life revolved around a lot of "losing" and a bit of "finding" she knew she did not fair well without him. It didn't matter if he was not exactly "whole", he was hers.

Got off guard, the pale lady flinched at the sudden sound of her name. It seemed out of place, her frame froze, while her head cut sharply to see if she was imagining things. The lady's eyes still served her fairly well, and she narrowed against the light. "Yes?" Was her quick response, as she in turn tried to recall who it was she was looking at. It did not take long for her to remember, even though this woman looked more grown than her past self. It was Narime, a wolf who had helped members of Grizzly Hollow, and a loyal member of Elettra's pack. Jayse had considered her polite, and thoughtful. Since El had trusted her it was not hard for Jayse too. The thoughts of Elettra made her throat tight. How was her dear friend? Should she have gone to her first? Would she help her find Borden? Silencing her internal dialogue, she got a hold of herself. Borden was her priority.

Taking long strides, she called back in turn."Narime! What a nice surprise! I like to hear how you are. I must ask, have you seen a wolf by the name of Borden? He's got light gold-green eyes, and a dark mask about them...." There were many more details hanging on her tongue, she forced her lips together to stop herself from spewing panic and desperation.

(This post was last modified: Dec 18, 2014, 08:23 PM by Jaysyek.)
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
I had issues trying to make a post for this. Like.. total blockage of my brain power... Sorry about that.

As the white woman turns around, Nari spots a somewhat unsure face that quickly turns into recognition. Her calm demeanor flits between a tall confident stance and a more relaxed calm posture as Nari smiles warmly to the ex Grizzly leader. As expected she still held herself like a regal as the pair of females closed the distance between each other. Nari nodded before answering Jaysyek's first query.

"Other than the usual pack drama I've been doing well."

She speaks quickly knowing that Jayse was probably going to ask about family issues. One question she was ready for was the "do you know where they are?" that would inevitably be brought up at some point. With a gleeful feeling in her chest Nari nodded as the light colored queen asks about Borden.

"Ah yes, Borden. He came through looking for his family and heading towards the Cedarwood forest where the Hollow is. I had to stop him because another wolf pack lives in there and they haven't been real friendly towards wolves in their hunting grounds."

Nari spoke what she thought was the truth which in turn also gave Jaysyek a warning about the Cut Rock River wolves. Though Nari was unsure of whether the River wolves would attack loners or if it was only her pack that they targeted.They might only really be after Ash and no one else... Nari thinks before looking towards the forest and then back to the meadow again.

"Before Borden showed up, your son and daughter Rook and Bishop came to my pack. They've been living here for a short time, though I must say Rook has made himself very useful. It was because of your sons words that Borden has stayed in place at my den. He's not.. well... I just don't like the idea of him going out on his own where dangerous wolves might find him."

Nari explained before allowing quiet to invade the space between the pair of she wolves. More and more the silver wolf was beginning to believe that the Cut Rock River wolves were causing too much of a problem for her own friends and family. Especially for those within her pack. She just had to figure out what to do with them.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

"Aw, seems like a part of life," she replied, knowing being a leader wasn't as carefree as some thought. While she was curious to what drama the silver lady was dealing with Jayse didn't feel it was her business to ask, and so did not. All she could worry about was Borden. Once she sorted at that matter, maybe it would be easier to fall back into place among the Lore. Until then, she didn't feel like she was grounded to the earth in any place to make plans.

Luckily, just the wolf she needed had found her. She could not hold back her swaying tail, nor faint smile of relief as @Narimé told her clearly of what had transpired. If she had been younger she would have danced around, giving joyous barks. Maybe, perhaps when she saw her mate safe and sound herself. It was the news of another pack in the forest that quickly cut like a knife in her side, sucking her new found joy. Was this the drama the silver queen was dealing with? They should have known it would not stay empty, but she had always hoped. Her pale mask was quick to still, uncertain of all this. She could not hold the rough sigh that fell from her lips. Quickly, she recomposed herself.

"Thank you. We have no idea how much has changed in our absence, and as you've noticed Borden mind does not work with him as it should at times." It became apparent perhaps she would know more of Whisper Caverns. There was only one thing to do if the rest of her family was there. "I must repay you for taking care of my family. Would there be room for me in your pack? I do not know how long we will stay. We would not leave without returning our debt." If this would only make things more complicated for the she-wolf, Jayse planned to collect her family and come up with a plan B.

>
(This post was last modified: Dec 18, 2014, 08:46 PM by Jaysyek.)
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
The marsh was silent now that the pair of wolves were conversing. Though a lone bird would occasionally speak up and send out a song along the edge of the forest north of the marsh.

Narime nods somewhat sadly as Jaysyek agrees with her. She then listens quietly as the beautiful alabaster she wolf speaks about Borden and the change around the land. It was true. Many things had changed since Jaysyek and the wolves of Grizzly Hollow had gone. Though Nari only knew the half of it. The changes she had lived through were possibly less dramatic than the ones that had affected other packs.

When Jayse spoke of repayment for what Nari had done for the elder womans family, Nari felt a bit apprehensive to take her up on that idea. She would need help in getting rid of the river wolves if worst came to worst. However, as Jaysyek asks whether there was room in her pack Nari allows a faint but warm smile to cover her maw. Whether the noble ex-queen stayed for a short time or longer didn't matter to Nari. She was always welcome.

"To have you join our ranks, if only for a short time, would be an honor."

Narime gave Jaysyek a quick nod of respect, dipping her crown ever so slightly as if she were meeting a wolf of equal ranking. Truthfully she hoped that an alliance with the Lyalls might help her standing against Maksim and whomever should try to defend the Baranski male. As for debts being paid, Nari considered her options. She did not want to ask too much of the woman or her family. The silver queen was quite apprehensive to even ask for anything of them.

"It is hard to think of anything that would satisfy such a small debt."

Nari shook her head before casting a glance towards the forest.

"Though if you ever need help with the wolves within your forest feel free to call for me. My pack has had just about enough of them sitting over there. Especially as it makes traveling more hazardous when trying to meet up with our allies to the far north. "

Nari commented lightly before sighing slightly. If only the River wolves would allow her wolves around the forest then there wouldn't be any problem at all.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

All she could do was wait as her words faded, thoughtfully looking upon the silver lady. She understood she'd have to decide what was the best for the Caverns. It didn't stop her from wondering what kind of wolves were in the forest now. What had happened to Kade and Ava. Where had they gone? Were they okay? Renier had not known much himself. More importantly was there any chance of making peace with these River wolves? She had once, but those wolves had lived at a different river. And yet Narimé didn't seem the foolish type, maybe they had already tried an alliance.

@Narimé's voice broke across the soft sounds of the marsh, across her wandering thoughts, and relief washed over her. Jayse was quite touched by her words. An honor? It meant a lot to be counted as a former leader, instead of a lone wolf searching for a home. Swiftly, her pale tail wagged, the burdens upon her lightened. She dipped her pale crown in turn. "Thank you," she humbly spoke, gratitude event in her voice, and gentleness to her eyes. She didn't know what else to say to convey her thankfulness, and despite how the Lagina could not think of something specific to return her kindness, Jayse would certainly try for it was more than a small debt she felt. "It is a great act of kindness, and I hope to return it."

Soft expression grew more sober, darkened by lady's next words. It was a shame to hear, and squandered any hope to do things peacefully. "Perhaps you can tell me more about this pack, and what's happened." The picture looked grave, and maybe it would be a way they mutually helped each other. She was probably getting ahead of herself. "Perhaps we can travel and talk? I'm eager to see Borden, and I can't imagine what the Caverns are like." The idea made her a little wary, never being in them before, she was curious about her new home and its beauty.

(This post was last modified: Jan 15, 2015, 04:11 PM by Jaysyek.)
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narime nodded at the white lady's words before allowing her soft smile to fade at Jaysyek's questioning of Cut Rock River. She glances towards the little patch of willows southwards that separated the marsh from the meadow. It was the area which hid the caverns the silver wolf ruled over.

"Absolutely, please come..."

She slowly turns giving a waving wag of her tail inviting the Lyall wife to follow her into Whisper Caverns territory. Nari briefly brushes past Jaysyek letting her tail loosely slide above the other womans back to leave just a hint of her smell upon the woman so that her other pack mates wouldn't be overly alarmed at a stranger entering their territory. Then she padded forward at a comfortable pace after making sure that Jaysyek was following.

"I'm sure Borden will be ecstatic to see you again. He's been...well enough. Though he sometimes mistakes my boy Yuka for one of his own children."

Nari comments softly wondering for a moment at just how many pups Borden had managed to sire. Rook, Bishop, Trisden, Renier, and Ryvet were the children she had come across while living in the Lore. Though Nari was sure there were more.

"The Cut Rock River wolves came to claim that section of the forest early one fall. I had claimed my territory earlier that spring with my.... With Sloane Thorben as lead male.  "

Nari wasn't totally sure what to call Sloane anymore. Or at least what she should tell others to call him by.

"At first our packs lived in peace, though they had set up their claim not too far away from the areas where Willow Ridge as well as my own pack sometimes hunt."

Narime continued trying to think about what she was saying before blurting out all the information she had on the River wolves.

"It wasn't until the worst winter I had ever seen hit the land and disrupted the herds normally around the hunting territories. All of our prey disappeared, and many packs nearly starved when spring came. My previous mate and many pack members disappeared, then my first daughter died during those winter storms. "

Narime would not hold back much information from the woman, for there was no danger in giving it out. The pack was strong enough to stand on its own paws for now; a far cry from that cold winter. Her eyes were glued to the landscape in front of the pair as they moved over the marsh.

"Ash Hervok, brother to Nina Hervok who leads Secret Woodlands pack, took over as lead male when he was accepted into the pack by Minka. My second Minka Leigh had taken over for a short time while I was on pack business and then sick for a while."

The gray wolf closed her eyes for a few seconds because Nari didn't want to go all the way into the whole Tokino and Minka issue. It already was giving her a headache.

"Things moved forwards and one thing led to another before I was leading again. I took a trip to the River wolves that spring to thank them for taking my son in when he got lost that winter. However I got a very rude and aggressive welcoming. The alpha female said that no Whisper Caverns wolves were allowed in the forest because of our relations to Ash Hervok. She gave me a fake story, or maybe just an untrue rumor of Ash drowning a pup, and trust me I went back to Ash to drag the truth out of him myself.  "

Nari was getting very into her argument now, as one-sided as it was. She didn't hide the tone in her voice which might have told a listener that she had almost beaten the information out of her co-leader.

"I take any offense to pups very seriously, and to even have that accusation thrown into the air about a respected pack mate was ridiculous. Even worse was the fact that this was an offense directed at a leader. I had Ash all pissed at me while digging the truth out of him myself when I got back from that particular meeting. But I had to get the truth out of him."

Narime's fur was getting all ruffled up as she forced herself to show less agitation than she really felt.

"Really this whole business could have been averted had Maksim, who is Cut Rock Rivers lead male, sorted things out with Ash himself instead of telling his pack to go after anyone from Whisper Caverns. I see the whole affair as two children huffing and puffing over who did what wrong. I would much rather keep Whisper Caverns out of it, but all of Cut Rock Rivers wolves are intent on giving us as much trouble as possible whenever we go near the cedarwood forest. That includes Bishop, Rook, and Borden. I fear that a River wolf will find them with my packs scent on them one day as they visit Grizzly Hollow."

Nari had always been known as long winded. Ever since she was a pup she had never been able to keep herself from talking. She had the smarts to know what information to give out now that she was older despite still going on and on about things.

Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
@Narimé

The easiness in which Narime lead her, placated Jayse's wary mind and body. It was simple to fall in rhythm with the silver lady, and finally feel she wasn't in an endless sea without a shoreline. Yet Jayse paid close attention to their surroundings. Noting the willows, the path that was chosen. Hopefully once they arrived she would fully understand the best places to come and go.The pale wolf respectfully holds herself as her new leader marks her with the scent of the caverns. This was not what she had in mind when coming back to the Lore, it didn't seem to matter. She was being reunited with Borden, and for now that was all she needed. A faint smile produces on her muzzle, glad for the Lagina's understanding heart. Was it a sign he had not gotten worse? Would she only know when she spoke to him? Suddenly her chest felt restricted as the questions tumbled in her mind. When the story of this new pack began, it was easy to place her focus on Narime's voice. To hear the hint of something about this Sloane, and picture the dreadful winter that followed the disease.

The Lyall lady cringed, concern and pain inflicting her soft mask at the mention of her daughter's passing. "I wish no one would have to know such pain," she murmured, briefly offering a press of her shoulder to the Cavern wolf's. Onward they went, and the further the tale unwrapped. There seemed to be many details that would make the walk even longer that the leader did not dwell on. Jayse was grateful Narime was telling her anything, and tried her best to understand it from an outsider's point.

There was no doubt Narime's honesty, boldness, and action to gain the truth from this Ash about a puppy. For that Jayse admired her, and felt a great understanding. Though she didn't hear what Ash had exactly said in turn, she assumed he hadn't drowned a pup. After all Narime's  displeasure was apparent over the whole issue, and it did sound that many things had gotten tangled up between egos. It was the warning. The fact that these wolves would not take kindly to any of Whisper Caverns visiting the forest that spoke the loudest.  "What a mess, and I fear the same by the sounds of it." If the River wolves despised the Cavern wolves that much, than it probably wasn't safe for any of them to visit the Hollow. Unknowing these wolves, or the whole picture Jayse had no idea what to do about it. It pained her to tell them to keep away from the forest. The idea of battle sounded worse. This surely wasn't the same Lore they had been living in. "Maybe, in time we can figure a solution," she murmured. Her mind was far from ready to try to attack that predicament. Especially, since it didn't appear a peaceful arrangement would be made. After a quiet moment, she added, "Thank you Narime for everything. If there is something you need of me please don't hesitate to ask. "

[Image: 9Py9751.png]