Google, Bing, Nori

Needle and the Thread — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
RE- Narime you got on the wrong end of a porcupine
@Nios? CRR wolves?

The silver hunter had been lurking just south of the great cedar forest. Her attention was on the smaller prey species that made the marsh their home. Nari tried to steer clear of the cedarwood forest creatures that seemed beckon to her. Like the deer that flit through the trees, and the lone bull elk who ate clover just inside the treeline. Instead she stayed on the fringes of the marsh and the woods trying to catch fish in the shallower areas.

Nari had no clue that something else was wandering through the marsh towards her. It's light body keeping it mostly dry and allowing the creature to move faster over the beds of sparse long grasses. A porcupine was steadily picking its way along the same dry path that Nari had taken through the predominantly wet marsh. Unfortunately for the she wolf, the creature moved quickly and silently while the wind took its scent far away from her nose.

She had the lower half of her body laying down on the bank as Nari's front end held her up dipping into the colder water. She sat there so still that the animals around the marsh had long forgotten that a wolf was among them. The fish were getting tantalizingly close despite the shallowness of the water where Nari sat. The porcupine neither smelled nor saw the wolf until it crept up right behind her.

The she wolf caught the creatures horribly fresh scent just as it reached her portion of dry land. Swiftly turning around, the silver she wolf spooked the porcupine so badly that it hissed. Its body twisted around pointing the sharp quills covering its tail at the nervous she wolf. Nari knew from her friends bad experience that these creatures could hurt bad. All she wanted to do was run from it, but the creature had her boxed in. Before she could think to turn around and jump into the water the Porcupine jut its tail outwards towards her. She was able to turn half around before pain racked her left side and rump. Yelping in pain, Nari jumped high over the water diving into it to get away. It was only a short 10 second swim till her paws hit soft mud and the she wolf pulled herself out of the cold water. Then she had raced into the trees knowing that her exit to the rest of the marsh was currently blocked by the damned spike covered beast.

Her cries of pain echoed past Nari's gritted teeth as Nari slowed to a stop. Her run had turned to a limp soon after she had entered the forest, and now her side and rear was bleeding out after all of the exercise the female had just had.

There were at least twenty quills of varying sizes stuck into her body. All of Nari's senses were clouded by pain as she leaned on her shoulder against a large cedar tree. For the moment it was all she could do to just catch her breath and experience the ache in her skin.

faestock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief

Played by Rachel who has 119 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nios Tainn

As directed, the swarthy Tainn was steering clear of the lands that were off limits to the Cavern wolves – he was grateful to the silver she-wolf who had offered him a home for a temporary basis, and as such, wanted to return as much as he could to the pack. On this day, it found him scouting the marshes, determining if they offered anything useful.. such as a meal to feed one or more hungry mouths of the Caverns.

The mud of the damp ground slicked upward upon his darker limbs – given the coolness in the autumn air, it was a stark contrast to the summer heat.. but the swarthy male was far from concerned, spare the changing hues of the leaves indicated that winter was creeping ever so closer upon them. The numbers at the Cavern seemed to be holding strong though, and while Nios remained a stranger to them mostly, he was relieved to know they should be doing well for the upcoming season.

With his mind upon his current task and thoughts, his hackles bristled dangerously when a cry echoed across the air. Jutting his muzzle up sharply, Nios seen nothing out of place.. and would have happily ignored it had the voice not been distinctly familiar. He had never ehard her cry in such a way.. and yet when realization dawned on him the possibility of who it was – and even worse, the direction it came from, he did not hesitate to run forward, his long strides pushing him in to the forest that had been deemed off limits to the pack.

The scent of blood alarmed him, and trailing even quicker now, the moments that passed stirred his worry to grow. Narime? His voice called in to the tall trees, hoping she would respond and not a wolf from the Cut Rock River pack.

'cause its home, but it's gone

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Well... No CRR wolves so Ima continue <3

Her whines were shrill as Nari twisted and turned sniffing at the spines that stuck out of her rear and side. Occasionally her muzzle would scrape a quill as she investigated the wounds and a sharp cry would escape her muzzle. The silver she wolf gasped in pain as her back legs stood rigidly upon the sharp needles of the cedar trees and the scent of blood filled the air. The scent of her blood was what seemed to shock the gray woman into silence. She heard a call through the trees and recognized Nios's voice then turned her head to look for him. She hadn't realized how far into the forest she had run to, but she suddenly felt the need to be quiet despite also needing to call back to Nios. Nari didn't want the wolves of their neighboring pack hearing her.

The gray woman sent up a short clipped howl to give Nios her location before trying to move forward again. Sharp pain lanced its way through her causing the cavern wolf to freeze. Her ugly face was wrinkled in a silent snarl as Nari forced herself to be a little more quiet. She tried to think of a way to move herself without moving the whole bottom half of her body, but no stupendous idea's decided to grace her mind. Instead she looked at the quills in horror knowing that they would all have to be pulled out before she could even go anywhere. Or she would have to move with the embedded quills and shriek in pain with every step. It was a scary thought just moving one step away from her current location. The only thing she could think of that might make traveling a little easier was to numb the pain somehow.

"Nios I need help!"

She called hoping that he would reach her so that she could have him quickly look for hellebore. It was the only thing that would relieve a little of the sharpness that came with the pain. Then maybe she could hobble to the edge of the marsh where it was safer.
Inactive No Rank
Nios Tainn

Her howl, as short as it was, sent a chill down his spine as he quickened his pace -- he wanted to reach her before any of the Cut Rock River wolves did. The woods seemed to be a winding maze, but her scent was thick upon the air, and he followed it with one intention only: to help the she-wolf he could easily call a friend.His paws thrummed the ground as he made his way to her, and when she called out his name once more, he knew she was not far off. His chest tightened as his bright eyes finally fell upon her, and casting a sharp glance around, Nios closed the distance between them, a gentle whine escaping him as his nose made to touch at her flank -- only to pull back before doing so, realizing what was embedded in her.

Swallowing thickly, he skirted around, his nose now shifting to touch her cheek before offering a gentle lick to her chin -- for comfort and submission. Narime, he began, his stocky frame shifting as his eyes drifted over to her rump once more, noting the angry quills that gleamed in the air. We need to get out of the forest.. You can't be vulnerable like this in front of them. not for the sake of appearances, but because he did not trust them -- not after the way the silver she-wolf had warned them at the pack meeting.

Exhaling, he made to look closer, chewing the inside of his cheek with worry. He was no healer, but he also knew they would need to come out. Does the Caverns have a healer?

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
I'll totally delete this if you want it to be a Nios and Nari private moment but adhlwhlhdlkjslkjdlaskjdljksdlkj Auntie Nari

The rounds were dull as usual as the charcoal adolescent rounded the borders, marking the trees every so often and blah bleh blah. He loved being a guardian and he loved fighting to defend things of great importance to him. However, border patrols had become boring as of late with the lack of activity. In fact, there had been nothing since he had fought off a fox in order to protect one of Maksim's children. That had been the last adventure he had been through and then there was Jynx's arrival at the borders. That had been cool too and so he supposed he could count that... He was getting off topic again as he often did while he was on patrols no matter the time.

The scent of blood filled the air and his entire body tensed. Without any hesitation, he bolted towards the scent for fear that it was one of the children injured on his watch. Oh Kisla and Maksim would be so pissed if it were... he failed to notice the scent mixed in with it and so he did not realize it was someone else indeed until he arrived face to face with a wolf he had never met an his... AUNT NARI? "Oh my stars Auntie Narime, what happened?" He asked out of concern as he dared to take a few steps forward. It looked ugly as he saw the needles sticking out of her rump and he frantically searched his mind for an idea of what to do. Should he call for Lachesis? Unfortunately the adoptive-aunt had a nephew who did not know how to heal.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narime huffs loudly as she tries desperately to move herself. What she does manage to do is move her front legs enough to pull her gimpy back end forward. At least it was a start. Her eyes flicked quickly to the side as the gray she wolf spots Nios arriving to the scene. Worry covered his features which would have warmed Nari's heart had she not been so damn uncomfortable just then.

When he licks her chin, Nari leans her head forward trying to bury her nose into Nios scruff. She was trying to get comfort out of the pain. However when the black wolf pulls back Nari is left with a whine radiating out of her throat. She does manage a nod to Nios's worried words about her vulnerability. She didn't like being out here as much as he did. If only she could get back to the marsh again; hope that the spiky devil wasn't there anymore. Her legs pushed forward again

At the dark Tainn's question Nari nodded once more.

"Yes, Kassander Xanilov is our healer. "

the woman kept the whine out of her tone as she looked around the forest once more. She certainly didn't feel safe right now.

Oh my stars, Aunt Nari what happened? The voice made her head and chest whip to face the newcomer with a snarl before she recognized Karpos. The snarl wiped from her face as Nari gazed upon the Slayer male and registered what pack scent was on his coat.

"You joined Cut Rock River? wh-"

a whine cut off her question as her body slips to the ground once more and moves the quills. Instead of talking Nari decided to get the important stuff out of the way.

"Nios this is Karpos, Karpos Nios... Karpos is the only friend I seem to have in Cut Rock River."

Narime introduced them so as to get herself back to the task at hand. Getting out of the forest and back to the marsh. Leaning back on her front legs again, the gray wolf pulled herself forward inching along towards the edge of the forest.

"Can I lean on you guys?" She asks warily before pausing her slow crawl.

Inactive No Rank
Nios Tainn

Her muzzle found his nape – the pressure she gave a flaring indication to the male to the pain she was in, and a sear of worry flared in his chest. No sooner than he was about to utter encouragement to at least move toward the marsh where he could then call to their healer, another came – the gentle paw falls on the forest floor was the first indicator, but before Nios could truly react, the wolf had seen them.

His figure stiffened – lifting higher as his lips curled back to flash a warning with his sparkling ivory teeth. He was still larger than the other – but that meant little, he had come to realize, even when sparring with his own brother. But one ear would flicker hesitantly as Narime and the stranger greeted each other, and while his muscles remained tensed, his shoulder rolled forward protectively to the silver she-wolf he had chosen to follow through the winter.

Stoical, as steady as his father had ever been, the dark male cast his eyes over the other, only tipping his muzzle forward slightly as any indication of welcome – with Narime’s current dilemma and the rising tensions between the two packs, he was not here to make nice – he was here to ensure she left in one piece. “I need to get you to the marsh,” he offered, loud enough for the other wolf to hear it. They could not stay for a happy reunion. At her question, Nios moved closer to her, steadying himself to take her weight as she would lean toward him – it would be a slow walk, but they would need to start moving now.

Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
kiss the ring and let them bow down

He had been slightly confused as to why this was such a shock to his aunt. He had been in the very same pack the last time they had spoken but perhaps she chose not to remember that fact. The boy shot her a nervous smile as he started to explain himself a bit further. "My mother and uncle in all ways except blood trusted Maksim with her life before her disappearance to search for me and so when the Keep cast me out I sought her and my uncle out in the River. It was before any tension between the two packs occurred - I personally think this feud thing is pretty dumb." He laid down his peace with hints of sadness in his eyes. His 'family' was torn apart and he was left to try and keep together what little they all had.

Karpos had barely noticed the man from Narime's pack that was with her until he spoke about getting the queen to the Marsh. "Please, let me help. I couldn't bare to know that my aunt was injured and I did nothing to help." He pleaded, taking a few steps forward towards Nios (as Nari had introduced him as) to test the waters. He'd do anything that his aunt required - feud or not - because she had been best friends with his dad and if Shade Slayer had trusted the Caverns Queen with his life, than Karpos would act the same. Perhaps she could even tell a few stories from their earlier adventures some time.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
She had forgotten how Karpos had smelled of Cut Rock River last time she met up with the brownish black Slayer. However the stress of her injuries as well as the possibility of attack from other river wolves made a mess of her usually calm mind. Heaving a breath past the pain in her side, Nari only half listened to Karpos's view on the whole Cut Rock River versus Whisper Caverns affair. She heard enough though to bring a bit of anger into her features.

"Yeah well that's the way I feel about it. How about you tell that to Maksim since he's the one who started this ridiculous affair."

Nari retorted back weakly before allowing both males to help her stand up. She loved Karpos, but she also feared for him for as long as he stayed with Maksim's pack. Nari wouldn't be able to protect him from her pack or Maksim's should they find out that he helped her out of their territory.Let's hope that they never know I was here then... She thought glumly before staggering forward and whining in pain.

The urge to defend her partner Ash was great, but Nari didn't just burst out in snarls about what really happened. Instead she spoke gruffly between whines of pain about what Ash and the Cut Rock River wolf had told her.

"I spoke with your female leader Kisla and another of her subordinates who claimed that Ash had let a pup drown in some other pack. After dragging the truth out of Ash back at the caverns I got an answer far different than the one your pack mates gave."

Narime snarled as someone bumped against the quills spread across her side and rear. Then she quickly smoothed her muzzle out and looked towards Karpos with a worried face.

"Ash said that Maksim had chased his mate out of the pack while they were attempting to move the pack to a safer place. He said that while they were moving he gave his ward to one of the other subordinates before leaving to find her... If that child was killed, then it surely wasn't his fault. I know Ash now that I've worked with him for some time, and despite his reclusive albeit aggressive personality he has been an exemplary father many times over. "

Narime hissed as once more she moved her back leg a tad too much causing the porcupine's quills to rattle along her rump.

"Hell, Ash has adopted how many pups now? From fathers who disappeared from their mates. I think the counts up to four or five now."

She huffed angrily but kept her growls low not wanting to rub Karpos the wrong way. She surely didn't want to push him away. It was that she cared for him and wanted him safe, which is why the woman pushed her opinion so far.

"Thank you for your help young one..."

She pauses before adding a little more in case the Slayer child had refused to listen to her.

"You're are not safe with the river wolves Karpos. May this be a warning to you."

Then she glances to Nios with a long sigh and attempts to lean on him in order to quicken their pace away from the woods.