(See All?) Announcements
588 Users Online
Google, Bing

Testing the Limits — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Melorama who has 87 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Vera Corvonic Fortibus

One ear twitched at Florence's words, but the diminutive ivory she-wolf didn't move a muscle from her stand-offish position. She wouldn't back down until the strange female could prove to her that she meant no harm to her larger companion. She noticed the slight movement toward her direction and spared a glance at him before glaring back at the russet female. His words which would usually lower her jealously, only calmed her down enough to cover her teeth and stand neutrally, albeit still stiff-legged. She would comply with Florence, but that didn't mean she trusted the russet female.

Vera regarded the female - who introduced herself as Fly in a cheery voice - with a weary and guarded eye, watching her every move, including the step towards her larger companion. A low growl built up inside her chest, and it took all of her self-control to keep it maintained within her. She saw the step as a sign of possession, and she didn't like that, especially when it came to her Florence. Her ears flattened as the russet female continued to speak about telling stories and asking her if she had any to share. She might have had a few, but at that moment telling stories was not something she would have even considered. Getting Florence away from Fly was her goal, or at least getting between them.

Warily wading into the water, the diminutive ivory she-wolf shook out her coat as she reached the other side before gently nudging her larger companions leg, in a direction away from the russet female before slipping in between his front legs. "I'm afraid I don't have any interesting stories to tell," she said in a cold tone.

285 Words

Played by Silvia who has 94 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Florence Flint Fortibus
Watching his companion as Fly introduced herself and asked a similar question that the russet female had asked him earlier, about whether or not Vera had any tales to tell, Florence couldn’t stop the troubled sigh from escaping his maw. Of course no matter what he said, if even the smallest movement that could be seen as a sign of possession, like when Fly stepped closer to him, happened, Vera would only see it as that and nothing else. Florence waited for Vera to cross the water, allowing his larger body to be nudged in the direction Vera wanted it to go before she settled between his legs before answering Fly’s question quite coldly. Florence bent his head down and gently nuzzled the small wolf’s head affectionately, hoping that now there was some distance between himself and Fly and with Vera between his legs, she might step down slightly in giving the other wolf the cold shoulder.
”Are you sure Vera?” Florence tried to prompt her softly, actually liking the kind russeted wolf before them. Maybe if the cards were played right, they could be invited back to the pack he could smell on the dame. ”Fly was just telling me before how she became separated from her family. Do you not want to tell her how we meet? It is an...interesting story.” As the words rolled off his tongue, the vision of Vera crouching before a pack of coyotes, bloodied but still trying to put up a fight filled his mind. It was an interesting story indeed.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Played by Missy who has 124 posts.
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats
Quote:OOC: Decided to come back and edit because I stumbled upon a huge collection of Fly face claim's gifs and this one fits perfectly. Fly's internal feelings as she tries to appease the hostile and stubborn Vera:

[Image: tumblr_lrxso0ncpZ1qhsl25o1_250.gif]

Fly was disappointed that her words did not seem to appease the ivory woman. Instead, the woman answered her with an icy tone and at Florence's request, she warily crossed the river towards her friend. Vera nudged Florence back, away from Fly and then stood in front of him. Surely a wolf as large as Florence didn't need a protector. Fly tilted her head in fascination as the woman seemed to be sure that Fly could hurt them. How? Fly was tiny, not a good fighter, and it was two against one! Fly felt exasperated by Vera's persistent suspicion and anger, but Fly liked Florence. He was very nice and if the two were a package deal, then Fly would just have to make Vera see that she meant neither of them any harm.

Finally picking up on the fact that Vera clearly wanted distance between Florence and Fly, though still not understanding why, Fly took several steps back and rolled back onto her haunches into a sitting position. After a deep sigh, Fly asked in a much calmer voice than she had used earlier, "Is this better? I really don't want to hurt you or Florence. I promise that if you tell me the story of how you met each other, I won't move from this spot." Fly's voice was sincere and her brown eyes met the lighter brown of Vera's, hoping to convey that she meant what she said. Fly wanted to look to Florence to see what he thought of all of this, but she now had the distinct feeling that this would only make Vera more angry. So, Fly kept her eyes on Vera, but kept her posture relaxed to indicate that it was not a show of dominance.
(This post was last modified: Oct 22, 2014, 04:55 PM by Firefly.)
Pack Pride
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Vera Corvonic Fortibus

Yes, I'm sure, Vera answered silently to her larger companion's prompt. She knew that she should at least try to be more cordial to the russet female, but the fact that she seemed to be friendly to him only put her on edge. Especially ever since he had disappeared for a month, leaving her not knowing where he was or if he was okay. She was now even more protective of him and was even less willing to 'share' him with anyone else, even if he said it was okay. That was just the way she rolled.

Her ears twitched when Florence spoke of Fly becoming separated from her family, and spared the russet female a glance. That was something interesting, and maybe a story that she would like to hear some day, but it did not change the fact that the diminutive ivory she-wolf didn't trust her. A slight quirk of an eyebrow and a soft sigh was Vera's reaction to Florence's query of if she wanted to tell Fly about how they first met. It was interesting, but also something she considered to be private, like a special secret only they should know.

Caramel brown eyes noticed the steps backwards, away from Florence, and she relaxed slightly. It seemed the russet female had deduced why she was acting like she was, and it made her feel calmer to know that there was some distance between them. A dip of her head was an affirmative gesture to Fly's question. Yes, it was better. She stayed quiet for a few seconds, deciding if she would tell, and id she did, then what to tell. "Well, my parents hated me, and so did my pack, so I ran away just after my first year. I stumbled into a pack of feasting coyotes, and Florence came and saved the day by driving them away. He healed my wounds and since then we've never been apart." Vera pursed her lips after her story finished and leaned her head against her larger companion's leg.

340 Words

Florence Flint Fortibus
If it wasn’t understood why Vera was doing this or if it was another wolf doing it, Florence would have apologized for the behavior or wonder why they were being so protective. But this was Vera and he knew Vera. She was concerned for him and his still tender wound. She was worried that if left alone for too long, with another wolf especially, he might disappear again. He still felt guilty over it all. However, he’d make it up to her somehow, in someway.

And Florence knew Vera disliked sharing their story, the one of how they meet and knew how it could be a touchy subject for her but as he curled his front legs around Vera slightly in a brief but reassuring squeeze that could be taken as a small hug, he knew nothing bad would come about of telling the story. Vera still seemed somewhat defensive to Fly yet she seemed a little more relaxed then before, due to the distance between them. ”Do you mind not spreading the story around though Fly? It’s just, you’re the first wolf we’ve really told the story and we don’t want the pity of others.” It’s what they feared for telling the story, as it wasn’t simply enough for some to go after Vera because of her size but also that others would see Vera in a lesser light because she had to be saved. ”You don’t happen to be a part of a pack Fly?” He decided to change the subject, hoping that maybe, there could be a new home for the two wolves. For they were a two-in-one deal and where one went, the other followed dutifully after. And if Fly answered yes and offered, then it was possible to take the offer up, if Vera wanted to.
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats
All of Fly's exasperation melted away as she heard the brief, but emotional story that Vera shared. Hated by your family and your pack? Fly couldn't imagine a worse feeling. She wanted nothing more than to earn the love and respect of her pack mates, to have the opposite would be...unbearable. Seeing the defensive ivory wolf in a new light, Fly gave her a gentle half smile before replying sympathetically: "Well, sometimes other wolves just suck." Then, she met Florence's eyes again. Looking between his orange orbs and Vera's brown ones, Fly swore her oath: "I promise I will never repeat your story. I am very glad that you shared it with me." She smiled at both of them and then once again let her eyes rest solely on Vera's as she continued "I don't pity you at all Vera. I think that you are strong because you were all alone and never gave up until you found someone who was worth your loyalty." Fly lowered her head and tail respectfully to her new friend. Yes, she believed that Vera would make a Vera good friend if given the chance.

At Florence's mention of a pack, Fly's mood lightened, foregoing the solemnity she had adopted in order to convey the sincerity of her vow to secrecy for her normal, whimsical nature. "Yes, I am apart of a pack Florence. It is a wonderful pack called Black Thorn Downs. I would love for you to come meet my pack mates. Minka and Tokino are the alphas and they are very strong and smart, but also kind. They have a son named Kova and he is a little grey fur ball of fun. Then, there is Inali and she is so brave and always knows what to do in every situation." Fly paused, wondering if she should be giving all of this information away to non pack mates. But, maybe they don't have to stay non pack mates, she thought hopefully. Her brown eyes widened with excitement as she became resolved in her next course of action. "Actually, Florence, Vera," She looked at each wolf in turn, showing them equal respect, "would you like to join Black Thorn Downs? I can bring you to our borders and introduce you to our alpha. I am positive she would welcome you both with open arms." Firefly had to consciously control her tail-wagging, not wanting to look too undignified and risk having her offer appear less serious.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Vera Corvonic Fortibus

The smallest smile appeared on Vera's lips, the corners twitching up ever so slightly. "Yes, I suppose they do," she murmured quietly. Even though her family had always pushed her away, proclaiming that she was nothing to them, there was still a dull ache in her heart. She missed them, not for who they were, but for the family that she had always wanted. From a young age, the diminutive ivory she-wolf had learned to push people away lest her heart get broken when they leave her, but Florence had unknowingly managed to worm his way into her heart without even trying.

She nodded at her larger companion's words. Pity from others was not something that she wanted. Pity meant that they were disappointed in her, whether it be from her actions or just her. Disappointment meant that they would have to have had hope in her, and she didn't want to live her life trying to be what others' wanted her to be. She couldn't live that way, and any wolves that were like that she wanted nothing to do with. Her caramel brown eyes glanced up at Fly when she spoke again, a curious and hesitant look in her eyes. "I don't pity you at all Vera. I think that you are strong because you were all alone and never gave up until you found someone who was worth your loyalty." The russet female's words struck a deep chord inside her, one that was hopeful. Nothing like that had ever been said to her before by anyone but Florence, and she didn't know what to feel. Happy? Nervous? Distress? "Thank you," she woofed softly, unsure of what to say. Luckily Florence changed the subject by asking if Fly was part of a pack, to which the russet female replied affirmatively.

Her ears pricked as she listened to Fly talk about her pack: Black Thorn Downs, and the two leaders that led it, as well as their son and another wolf called Inali. It made her wish to have a family of her own that loved her for who she was, and not who they wanted her to be. Her gaze met Fly's when the russet female asked if both her and Florence wanted to become members of Black Thorn Downs. Usually she would not want to join the pack for any reason but a warm place to stay and food, but now she actually felt curious about joining the pack. Vera looked up at her larger companion, her eyes showing her hesitancy to say yes, but her body language saying that she wanted to.

405 Words

Florence Flint Fortibus
Florence couldn’t stop the smile crossing his jaws when Fly uttered an oath to never speak of their story to another wolf, his heart swelling happily at the words. It felt like it was growing bigger when Fly told Vera she didn’t pity the smaller wolf, that instead what had happened to her had made her strong instead. Yet his face heated up slightly when she also spoke of how it was wonderful that Vera had found someone who was loyal enough to Vera. Florence felt like the lucky one, to have Vera by his side. It had taken him saving her life for her to even begin trusting him and he had worked hard to earn the rest of it. It hadn’t helped when Florence had mistaken her for a pup, when he dashed into save her. But no-one but they needed to know that.

After Vera voiced her thanks, Fly seemed all too happy to speak of her pack, Black Thorn Downs, telling the pair all about her leaders and their child, along with another wolf named Inali. She then paused, her eyes widening before she turned to look at each of the wolves in turn.
"would you like to join Black Thorn Downs?” The young wolf asked them in a serious way, esxcitment clear on her face as she asked. ”I can bring you to our borders and introduce you to our alpha. I am positive she would welcome you both with open arms." This made the dark hued male pause, his brow drawing together. He wanted to accept the offer at once yet for some reason,, he felt like it was Vera’s decision to choose if she wished to be a part of this pack. But looking down at her as she looked back up at him, while he saw the hesitancy to accept in her eyes, he also saw the want to say yes in her body.

Lifting his eyes back to stare into Fly’s, he gave their answer. Because they were one and everything was always we, never I or me when it came to questions like this. ”We’d like to kindly accept your offer, Fly.” His deep voice rumbled their reply. ”Lead us back to your lands and let us see if your leader will take to us as you say.”
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats
The anticipation was killing Fly as she waited to see if her new friends would accept her offer. She watched as Vera and Florence exchanged looks. Tilting her head curiously, Fly wondered why the two seemed to lock eyes for so long. They looked as if they were sharing some private, silent conversation. Fly briefly wondered what it would be like to be able to talk to someone without using any words at all the way that Florence and Vera seemed to be able to. Her brief musings were interrupted when Florence finally looked up from Vera's gaze and answered her with clearly spoken words. His deep voice rumbled as he politely accepted her offer and invited her to bring them both to the borders to meet Minka and Tokino. Fly jumped to her paws, tail wagging and tongue lolling. She came very close to giving both Vera and Florence an affectionate lick on the cheek, but then she remembered Vera's earlier behavior. Deciding that it was best not to approach Florence at all, Fly settled for nodding towards the large wolf and touching Vera's shoulder gently with her nose. She hoped that this was a respectful way to show her appreciation and her welcoming of them. Unsure of what to do next and eager to bring her new friends home, Fly simply said "This way guys". Then she turned and trotted in the direction of her borders, looking back every few second to make sure that Florence and Vera were not far behind.

---exit---