528 Users Online
Magg, Bing

Where I Belong — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Trix who has 125 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Zia Celencio
@Triell

After several long, lonely weeks on her own, Zia finally decided the time was right. It was time to act, to put her past with Magnolia Glen behind her. Now that most of her raging emotions of fury, disappointment, and sorrow were contained to a mere simmer, she could afford to do what she must. However, behind her uncharacteristically cold mask of indifference, she was bitter. Only when alone, when she could be sure that no one else was watching, did Zia let it all out. Her muzzle curled back in a silent snarl of distaste at the thought of what happened. How could he do that to her? To so coldly turn away the silver subordinate who had served him so valiantly from the start. She, who had without question, put her life on the line for his family more than once. And all because of a stupid mistake, which led to her emotions getting the better of her, panicking. She snorted softly, paws crunching over the few leaves which had fallen to the ground. Her last, and final act of servitude, had been from the bottom of her heart, with only the well being of the pack in her mind.

Phineas had proved to her that one little slip up, a single act of impulsiveness was far too costly to be forgiven. He was grieving and every bit as heartbroken as she was now that Borlla had left. Maybe his betrayal and anger had clouded his judgement that day. If only he could've seen through the veil of her anger, to see her justification. But no...there had been no happy ending. While he may have been rash, Zia also was well aware that she was in the wrong too. Her emotions had been running high that day, and her lack of proper respect had worked against her. That was all in the past...all she could do now was move forward. Never again would she look upon the ghostly male with the admiration she did before. To be angry was one thing, but to accuse her of treachery was another story completely.

Since the time she had ran off, searching just beyond the fringes of Relic Lore for Borlla, to the time she had stepped foot back on those borders, life had taken a toll on her. Without the comforts and benefits of a pack, Zia appeared lankier than usual. Forced to scavenge, or live off a diet mostly of rabbits, she had lost quite a few pounds. Not enough to make her weak by any means, but plenty to make a noticeable difference to her figure. Remembering how brutal this past winter had been, the now lone she wolf wasn't about to take any risks. Autumn was just around the corner, and already, a few leaves were starting to turn. If she was to make a living, she'd have to join a pack, and quickly before there was no more room. Even though she was now an outcast of Magnolia Glen, Zia luckily knew exactly where to turn. Last fall, she had been fortunate enough to befriend Triell Tannin, the Lead male of Oak Tree Bend. While the two packs may have had a confrontation over prey during the winter, Zia had done her best to play a neutral role. She knew that coming here would be risky, among the woodlands where the rival pack resided. She had no way of knowing how Triell would react to seeing her. Would he hold a grudge against her, as a former member of Magnolia Glen, for what she had done? She was nervous, knowing they hadn't seen each other since that day. Cautiously trekking through the unfamiliar forest, nose to the ground, she searched for the scent that marked their borders. It was her first time on their home ground, so she took extra care not to accidentally cross that invisible line. Once the smell of Triell and many other Bend wolves reached her nose, she stopped immediately. With a somewhat apprehensive look around, she paused before letting loose a solemn, lonely howl. There was much she needed to discuss. Would she be able to turn to Triell, her dark friend in her hour of need?
Table by Pann, Image by Jolee

Mimi Edit: you had a missing font tag in your table that was changing the fonts and their colours of the posts below. I've fixed it up for you, though.
(This post was last modified: Oct 05, 2014, 10:32 AM by Maksim.)
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
I'll be the bright, and black, that's making you run

The Tainn was trying to soak up the clear sky. Who knew how long it would last? Summer had slipped by much too quickly. Now autumn was upon them and the forest looked afire with the oak leaves changing to orange, and crimson. There was even bits of stark yellow among the different species of trees. Padding a top the leaves that had fallen, he enjoyed taking the view of their home in. It use to be his favorite time of year, but he didn't feel that these days. The man's dark coat was beginning to thicken, and the days grew short. Prey was more frequent with their seasons of mating, and should have been a wolf's paradise. Quickly as fall had come winter would too, and he was apprehensive to welcome it. If prey remained with their numbers they would easily survive. If again the bite of cold, and ice cast over them he feared that would only be more hungry bellies. Would loyalty mean anything then?

Roughly sighing, he shook his head at himself. He hated to take life so seriously, but it was his responsibility to take care o his pack, his family. When he was alone he felt it hovering over him, conjuring the difficulties that could arise. In quiet moment of his patrol he liked to contemplate without passing his worry about. Despite only a lot of curious fox trails none had come by this way, and this caused him to grin, hold his tail more stiffly with pride. Good. It was nice to see that the new recruits were taking part in their new home, though they had united in a pack hunt he liked to see they were doing more than feeding their stomachs. The leader continued on, with an idea to soon gather them all again.

What he would describe as a sad song broke from the edge of the forest, causing him to flinch in surprise. Triell listened to the note there was something about it that he felt he knew. Could he be sure? Paws rapidly picked up a trot, it didn't matter because he was going to find out one way or another. He targeted the lady's location first with his ears, wondering if he even should accept another member. Again he was caught off guard, because outside his realm was another female he had befriended looking for a new home. Triell didn't know that, and did not assume it himself. It didn't make sense for Zia to leave the Glen, but she was here. His brows knit together slightly of concern, and his bemusement. "Zia, are you okay?" The question came immediately when he knew it was her, recalling the lonely note she had used. The Tainn halted, he felt she was here to bring him bad news. But what?

Triell Tainn
(This post was last modified: Oct 13, 2014, 03:03 PM by Triell.)
Inactive Deceased
Zia Celencio
Sorry for the wait on this!

With nothing but uncertainty and anxiety brewing deep within her gut, she waited patiently. Waited to see if Triell's familiar sooty form would emerge from the depths of the woods. And indeed he did. It was with a hitched breath, that she watched how he approached. If there was any shred of hostility in his bright amber eyes. Zia wouldn't blame him for being defensive...he and his followers were only doing what was right, last time. Trying to feed their families, who were at the brink of starvation. As he approached, the silvery female lowered herself to the ground in a display of submission. Not something she normally would've done in front of a friend. But the look within her blue eyes was dull and humbled. She stood before him as a high ranking pack wolf no more. Just as an outsider before a leader, looking for a sanctuary.

The muscles lining her back and shoulders had tensed up, her paws kneading at the earth. As Triell came closer, he would immediately be able tell that something was missing. The heavy, well established scent of Magnolia Glen was nowhere to be found on her body. Not even a stale trace of it. Her downcast eyes flickered up to his legs hesitantly, when he spoke at last. She was relieved that he didn't sound angry. In fact, his concerned tone helped comfort her, if only slightly. Charcoal ears laying flat against her head, she shook her head gently. "N-no...Triell. I lost everything..." She managed to choke out in an uncharacteristically soft voice. This was not the confident, prideful Zia he had once seen.

Tentatively, she shuffled back into a more upright position, but remained prepared to duck back down, should he demand it of her. She had learned from her mistake with Phineas, and although angry, she would not let her emotions ruin her chances again. "It's...a long story. If I'm not keeping you from anything, may I explain?" She asked politely, fully aware that he had a pack to look after. But if he could spare a few minutes of his time today, then she would begin unraveling the complicated web of events that brought her here now.
(This post was last modified: Oct 05, 2014, 10:32 AM by Maksim.)
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

Little did his dark mask change as she submitted to him, as if a loner in need before a leader. Triell was still uncertain what was about to happen, and what kind of gaping wound he would be left with. Naira, and now Zia? What was going on in this world? What was happening in the Glen? His frame stiff, he checked her body with his bright eyes, and than sought a soft sniff of her coat. The traces of her pack were gone, but there was no injury. The Tainn was a patient one, and waited for her to explain her appearance at the Bend.

It saddened him how she could not even seem to look at him for a moment. Had she been beaten? Soft voice cracked the silence, finally admitting that she had nothing. A heavy frown tugged at his lips, but he did not inquire what that meant. No, he had to look closely at the silver lady, hope she would enlighten him.

As Zia stood, what was a bit more normal of herself, it did not bother him. A blind wolf could have seen her internal pain, and her being a friend he was there to listen. "No, please tell me what has happened?"

Triell Tainn
Inactive Deceased
Zia Celencio
She was relieved when Triell insisted that she explain what had happened. Yet a part of her also was worried how he'd react, to her, once such a loyal member of Magnolia Glen, had now left of her own free will. Lowering her hind end to the cool earth, she sat, head dipped between her shoulder blades humbly. Drawing in a shaky breath, she went over the turn of events in her head, sifting through her memories back to the beginning. Then, she flicked her icy blue eyes up to meet his. "Borlla has left us." She stated with a dreadful finality, her voice bitter. Her muzzle crinkled slightly at the thought of what the ivory female had done. "She left. There was no warning, no explanation. No nothing." Her delicate toes pressed at the earth, her short dark claws digging in. It was clear that the anger radiating off of her body was directed solely towards her former Alpha female. Hopefully Triell wouldn't take it the wrong way, like Phineas did.

Abruptly, harshly, she snapped her head towards the right, so she could stare seethingly into the depths of the forest as she continued with her story. "The first thing I did was panic. I was concerned, and I acted irrationally by heading out to search for her. All the while not bothering to think if Phineas had done the same...which he did." Her facial expression softened somewhat, her ears flicking back in a somewhat guilty gesture. "I was gone for a while...I found no scent trail or any sign of distress. So when I returned, I was angry...full of emotion. But Phineas was hurt even more, and he mistook my outrage for dominance. He accused me of abandoning him and his pack, when I only was looking out for them." She shook her head, clenching her jaw to hold back a growl. "But to call me a traitor...that was where I draw the line. I knew there was no place for me in Magnolia Glen any longer." She fell silent, to let the dark leader she knew as a friend take this all in.

Then she licked her lips nervously, all bitterness falling away. Bowing her head, she trained her eyes on his paws. "So this is why I'm here now. Please Triell...I ask of you, is there any room here for a wolf like me?" Her voice wavered slightly. She was apprehensive about this, knowing that the two packs were not on good terms with each other. He had the final word, and if he turned her away too, then she would leave without complaint. But if he accepted her plea, then Zia would repay him and the Oak Tree Bend wolves tenfold.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

To say he was prepared for the worst would be a lie. Though he could conjure different reasons of woes, it made it no better. Did anyone ever feel that way when tragedy struck? It didn't come with a warning label. Neither did this. Holding her sky colored stare, his ears sharply twisted. He couldn't believe what they had heard. Left? Thickly he swallowed, ready to question the conviction. While last winter made him question his sister, he didn't love her any less, and she had a family now. She surely wouldn't disappear, abandon them. The Tainn's tongue was tied, and he couldn't break away from those blue eyes. He knew when Zia was angry, and clearly she was disgusted by what she had found. Maybe, Borlla hadn't changed after all, he miserably thought, almost sick ot his stomach.

"This is grave news, I didn't think my sister would stoop so low." There was a dark look about his face. A lot of Tainn females were selfish it seemed. This was only the beginning of the story he realized, and he was afraid what else would be said.

The next worst part was of her treatment from her former leader, and Triell shook his head in his own disgust. No wonder she had come to the Bend. Orange-yellow eyes looked over her more closely. It didn't appear they had fought. It was on the inside she was wounded, to be so loyal and than cast away. Part of him wished she had taken her anger out on the white wolf. The moment Triell could feel a bit sorry for Phineas. A single father now. Since the own man had cast away his own follower, Tri was doubtful he would accept anything from him.

When her own anger faded, Triell's eyes brightened. He hated to hear her plea, how it had come to this.It didn't seem right. Stepping closer, he touched dark nose to her charcoal crown. Then, pulled back, gently bumping her shoulder, attempting to get her to look at him. "Of course there is room for a noble wolf like you, Zia." He murmured, wanting to return the confidence and trust she had lost.

Triell Tainn
(This post was last modified: Oct 18, 2014, 03:54 AM by Triell.)
Inactive Deceased
Zia Celencio
Zia hadn't been sure how Triell would take the news of his sister's disappearance. She suspected, like any caring sibling, that he wouldn't take it well at all. And she was right. But he didn't lash out in frustration. Instead his reaction seemed to be a mixture of disappointment and calm, stormy anger. Perhaps this was the way the sooty Tainn dealt with anger, by becoming withdrawn and quiet. She shook her head, charcoal lined ears pressed back. "It came as quite the shock to all of us. Everything was...going so well." At a later date, she would go into details about how Borlla and Phineas had gone through a rough patch. All started by the loss of their first born son, which as far as she was aware, Triell didn't know about. In the months to come, the silver female hoped to get to know Triell better, not just as her leader, but as her friend. And to become at least somewhat familiar with the Tainn history, should he be willing to educate her.

The moment of tension passed swiftly, after she practically begged for a place within the Bend. As he stepped forward, and she felt the touch of his cool nose on her head, it felt as if a heavy weight had been lifted off her shoulders. She would have a home here, even if it would feel awkward at first. "Thank you Triell, my friend. I swear to you, I shall serve you well." Knowing that she could count on him in this time of weakness assured her. Lifting her head up back to it's natural position, she met his burning gaze, not to challenge, but to show her gratitude. She seemed to hesitate a moment, before stepping forward to briefly rest her chin over his shoulder in a wolfs version of a hug. Stepping back, and looking far more composed than before, she had one last nagging concern to discuss.

"I know without a doubt that you have accepted me. But...what about the others?" She paused, a lingering trace of uncertainty in her blue eyes. "I'm an ex member of Magnolia Glen, the very pack that brought conflict between us this past winter. I...wouldn't want any of them to feel threatened." One thing was for sure, starting anew in a pack full of wolves who she didn't even know, and some considered her as a rival, was going to take some getting used to. All she could do was tread lightly, take her time and hope to gain their trust. Magnolia Glen had been nothing but a mixture of strangers. Here in the Bend, Zia hoped to forge bonds that would last a lifetime. She wanted to put the past behind her, and she was determined to make it work.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

Triell did not quite trust his tongue, afraid to let his emotions get the better of him. So the safest thing to feel was disappointment. With growing years he would probably feel the same bitterness, and sadness he felt toward his elder brother Indru that swiftly become hatred. Sharply, he blinked, snapped back to the silver lady before him. There was a hint of information in her tone, but he did not press to get it. "It seems to be bit of a family thing, sad to say," he murmured, not hiding the cold edge that sharpened his deep tone. The dark wolf would never forget the thin cubs, nor worn mother his brother at left. The Tainn did not explain further, it was not his favorite to discuss. Since he did not feel he could do anything of the matter, he rather try to let it go.

It seemed she would be alright, and he offered a broad smile, meeting her vibrant eyes. Those pools already seemed different, suddenly had a purpose again. At least he had done one good thing, and tried to hold onto that. The man was caught off guard by her "hug". Awkwardly his ears bent, but his black tail wagged. For a few reasons he did not try to return the embrace. Though that quiet voice wondered why not?

There was a question staring him in the face. He honestly hadn't thought about that. Would the others question him for letting her join them? He didn't know. If it came to that, well he would try to figure something out. "I wouldn't think they would. You weren't necessarily adding to the conflict. I don't know. I hope because I trust you they will. I guess we will just have to see. It could take some time." That was all he could do to assure her, because Zia would just have to prove herself to the rest of them. The Tainn nodded to the borders, ready to show Zia her new home.

{end}

Triell Tainn