This is the dance for all the lovers
Takin' a chance for one another
Finally it's our time now
These are the times that we'll remember
Breaking the city's heart together
Finally it's our time now
It's our time now

"Our Time Now" - Plain White T's

Once Athena and Silver went their separate ways, Athena sought out where her daughter was staying. Once she found where Aurora was sleeping for the night, she distanced herself far enough away for Rory's comfort, but close enough for Athena to know that she would safe with her there. And there she slept outside, guarding her little girl. If she wasn't able to be directly besides her, she would rather sleep outside by her then not be by her at all. Even if everyone was trying to shut Athena out, she was always in the shadows, watching over.

As daylight broke, her eyes opened and a yawn escaped her maw. Stretching out her stiff muscles, she silently approached the den where Rory lied and peered in, making sure she was breathing and still asleep. And as quickly as she showed, she disappeared into the shadows, leaving only her scent. Traveling to where she told she'd meet @Silver she was a little early as she was the first to appear. However, she didn't have to wait long for her dark companion to show. With a lick to her dark friend's cheek, they set off quickly towards the mountain ridge where they'd only be gone for a few days.

As they finally arrived at her lake, her heart swelled with emotion. Happiness, sadness, and angry all run through her veins as she remembered all that happened here. There was so much hurt here, but there was also so much happiness and joy. She loved it here and she can overcome the pain ad sadness that seeped through these lands over time. "This is it." She murmured as she gazed out across the lake, her lake. These lands were now going to be hers, not a hand-me-down like they were before. She would be the one to found and lead her own pack based on her own morals, not someone else's. Now was her time. Now was their time to shine and take what is theirs. "This is home."
(This post was last modified: Oct 06, 2014, 05:53 PM by Athena.)
|| Ash is welcome to make an appearance in any thread. ||
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain
Some day you too will know my pain
Vespertio Vuesain
And smile its black toothed grin

So many moons have passed since the lone Vuesain heir had been banned from his homelands, his own parents and eldest brother chasing him to hell where he belonged for attempting to overthrow his father to become king. The young male had played many note worthy tricks in his rise to power, but alas with the combined effort of his five siblings his plans were thwarted. Silent footsteps fall upon the gray collection of rocks beneath them as Vespertio now finds himself alone, maneuvering himself along the twists and turns of this serpent like pathway he managed to find at the base of a devilishly huge mountain. He knew there was no other way around the mountain from the looks of things and began the long journey towards the top.

He was deep within the pass now, his tongue dangling between his canines in exhaustion and dehydration when his nose gave a twitch upon the odor of something familiar. Lifting his crown towards the sky, he scented at the odor again and was surprised to discover that the scent was that of water. 'You've gone mad Vesper. There is no water here.' He silently spoke to himself, but it was his eyes that corrected his thoughts. In the distance he could just faintly see the glistening surface of what appeared to be a lake and his salvation. Picking up his pace with a new found burst of energy he sought out the precious life line.

It felt like hours passed as he kept moving forward towards the lake and gained no reward for it. That was until before he knew it his paws were sinking into the soft soil of sand, a heavy sigh of relief escaping his muzzle as he closed the last bit of distance to the water's edge and bowed his mighty crown, lapping feverishly at the cool liquid and enjoying the sensation of it sliding down his parched throat. What he didn't know though, unaware of his surroundings with his need for water, was that just off into the distance stood an ivory silhouette with their gaze focused on the lake and clearly in deep thought.

(This post was last modified: Oct 06, 2014, 08:50 PM by Vespertio.)
Played by Arya who has 547 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
@Silver you can post whenever!

As she looked over the peaceful lake, her mind began racing. All the things that happened here. All the memories that stuck in her mind. They were all coming back to her at full force and all she wanted was to be alone for a moment to get them out of her head so she could think straight again. "I'll be right over there. I just need to think some things through. Take a look around," she told Silver before reaching over to give her a reassuring nudge to her cheek before she made her way towards the Poison Path. She didn't notice the dark cloaked male off in the distance, but in her path towards part of her past.

The Path was getting closer and closer and once she followed the deadly path of nightshade, she stopped dead. Could she come in here after all this time? Straightening her stance, she put away all her fear and hurt and moved forward towards her old den. After a while of reminiscing on her old life, she made her way out of the deadly path and back towards the lake. And that was when she saw him. Hungrily lapping away at water that will soon be under her rule. As she looked him over, he was close to her size, though a little larger, but more on the slender size for a male, she made her way towards him.

Releasing a short bark to announce her presence, she joined him within the water to quench the thirst she gained from her journey over here. "Quite beautiful here, don't ya think?" She began out politely, a smile graced her lips as she lifted her head away from the water. With her good eye closest to him, she was able to see him clearly with her peripheral vision while she drank her full. "I'm Athena Moon by the way," she finished. She wasn't trying to force a conversation with the man, but if he was interested in perhaps she could get down to business if he took the bait.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain
Vespertio Vuesain

It wasn't until he heard a bark behind him that Vespertio lifted his mighty crown from the waters edge to glance at the sounds source, but not long after the bark was emitted an ivory form stood beside him to quench their own thirst. Taking a quick sniff of the air, he broke down the mystery wolf's odor and determined that he was in the presence of a woman, a loner like he with no pack scent mingling among her personal perfume. "Quite beautiful here, don't ya think?" the ivory woman spoke, but he couldn't help but notice the scars that lined her face once she turned to face him, one of her eyes adorning a milky yellow to signify the blindness within it and the other holding a blazing shade of orange that was almost enchanting. Normally a wolf would be put off by her features, but he found himself intrigued for he had never come across someone quite like her. The Vuesain lad couldn't help but ponder what had happened to this ivory damsel.

His aimless pondering was cut short as the ivory woman once more spoke, breaking his train of thought and bringing him back to reality. "I'm Athena Moon by the way." With a small shake of his pelt in an attempt to look more appealing(like he needed it) and rid the last bit of debris that clung to his fur from his journey through the path, he offered Athena one of his devilishly charming smiles and a dip of his head. "I am Vespertio Vuesain, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance and yes, this place is indeed beautiful." His words flowed effortlessly from his lips, speaking truth as this lake was a welcomed change from the mundane path through the mountain he had previously traveled through. "Now what could possible bring a woman such as yourself this far out from civilization?" With a quick glance around him, the land seemed void of bodies inhabiting it, no scent of other wolves to be found aside from their own and the vacant dens he had noted on the climb down from the cliff to reach the lake.

But with that aside he couldn't pass up the fact that this place could make quite the territory if someone was willing to stake claim to it. And this was exactly what this ivory woman named Athena was planning to do, unbeknownst to him.

Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
Once the man she stood besides in the lake lifted his face from the waters, was she able to notice the obvious charm he held. He was certainly a looker, like she once was before battles marred her face, though some still see the beauty she holds. However, that didn't stop her from putting on some charm of her own. Noticing his golden colored eyes that blended perfectly with his red tinged mask and handsome features, she smiled softy when he flashed her a charming smile that would make any woman's heart melt. Her heart was scarred and made of stone and she wasn't one to fall easily for looks and charms like other damsels. Though, she was going to continue on her conversation with this new acquaintance and perhaps she could find an ally in him.

"I am Vespertio Vuesain..." As he introduced himself, she couldn't help but be in awe at the sound of his name. It was rather interesting and unique, a name she has never heard before and probably never will again. "Now what could possibly bring a woman such as yourself this far out of civilization?" He went on to ask her. Though she never liked sharing with strangers, however, the scent that adorned his coat spoke of no pack loyalties, so he possibly could help her with her intentions with this place. Following his gaze, she looked around at the lands that would soon be hers. In order to be successful, she needed others. She needed support from others for this place to grow. And if he was willing, Vespertio might be apart of her dream, this dream.

"I've come out here to sort of scout out this area again," she began, her eyes glancing over to meet his. "I once ruled these lands and I plan to rule them again." She mentioned, her gaze going back to the serene lake before them. He seemed like a capable wolf, strong, muscular, and well balanced for a male which could come as a great asset for her. He didn't seem too young, which meant he's had time to mature. Looking back at him, she dropped he bait. "But I'm in need of followers, supporters if you will. And I have yet to acquire any males for my quest." Her words lingered and hinted on something more. If he noticed what she really meant when she said she had no males, he'd know that the role for alpha male was up for grabs. If he took the bait, she may have one more ally to aid in her venture. However, if he wasn't interested, it would be his lost, not hers.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain
Vespertio Vuesain

Vespertio noted how his charms held no effect of this mystery woman. She did not sign and fall at his paws like other damsels, seeking more of his attention and it perplexed him from being use to that reaction on the rare occasion that he encountered a lone woman. But he listened intently as Athena spoke her answer to his question with words of scouting the area again. So she had lived here once before, big whoop. His interest was all but nonexistent at her ramble about scouting, but his attention was drawn back in at the mention of leadership. "I once ruled these lands and I plan to rule them again." were her exact words and those very words that caused his ears to perk forward with enthusiasm.

Power. It was as if the lady in white was after his own heart for the Vuesain heir had not forgotten his past. Oh no, he may not have the ability to take his fathers kingdom anymore, but the desire for a throne still coursed through his veins and fed his every movement, his every thought. Beneath that handsome exterior lay a cunning, deceiving man who would do whatever it took to rise to power where he rightfully belonged. He would have a kingdom someday and what was there to stop him from making a kingdom of his own right here within these lands? It was like the perfect opportunity to please the young male had fallen into his lap as the woman spoke of needing supporters and best of all, if he understood her right and allowed himself to stand beside her that would make him prime for the position of lead male, the ultimate source of power.

It all seemed too easy though. All he had to do was agree to support her, though he personally couldn't give a crap what someone did if it didn't benefit him to some degree. Yet here it was again, an event that would benefit him in the end. It wouldn't be easy to do given his personality and lack of care for others, but all he had to do was play along and fulfill his part until he could claim that top spot as alpha male beside Athena. This was all but the first step towards gaining the power he craved. The pros were greatly outweighing the cons now and he let his golden gaze meet her own, another charming smile gracing his black lined lips. "I'm not sure if I can offer you exactly what you need, but I can offer what skills and advice I do have. Besides I would be a fool to pass up a unique opportunity such as this with Winter coming." He would do what he must to satisfy her needs, silently planning in his head what his next step towards becoming king would be. It would take time and time was abundant on his paws.

Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
It was then that she waited for him to take the bait. If he agreed, there may be a chance that he would take on the role of her partner, but she would only take the strongest both mentally and physically as her alpha male. So if there was a better suitor than him, she may choose him, unless Vesper shows his loyalties to her. Ash was a prime example of loyalty when she led Poison Path. He was her Silent Guard and was completely loyal to her when she was in power. However, when she lost her power, his loyalty disappeared. Even after she explained everything that had happened, he never went back to her side. Athena learned a new side of him and vowed she would find a better man to be at her side. Though, it may be trial and error until she found the right partner, Vesper may be a start and he just might be a keeper if he showed that loyalty to her.

"I'm not sure if I can offer you exactly what you need, but I can offer what skills and advice I do have. Besides I would be a fool to pass up a unique opportunity such as this with Winter coming. His words clearly pleased her with the smile that crossed her face. She had another follower to join her cause. Now she only needed a few more and she could stake her claim on the Lost Lake. Though she planned on finding others herself, if he wanted that lead spot, he was going to work for it like she had.

"I only ask one thing." She started out, her request could be taken seriously and both of them could benefit if he did what she asked. Or he could not and he may not get the rank he would like. "I need you to find another for our cause. I already have one and I plan to find others, but if you want power, get me more." Her last words were said with a sinister and hissing voice that spoke of her underlying need for power as well. If he was the man for the job, he will get it done. She expected nothing less.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain
Vespertio Vuesain

A pleased smile broke upon the ivory woman's lips in response to his answer, a first step in the right direction to getting what he and herself wanted. The easy part was done with now that he had been accepted into the beginning and foremost rank of their freshly forming pack, but now the hard part would begin. He would have to do his share of the dirty work and gather followers for their cause which he rather not do if it wasn't for the ending benefits that caused his mental grumbling to be pushed aside. 'Think about it, boy. You follow the lady's orders and do what must be done, recruit some new members and so forth then you get what you crave the most, your share of the treasure. You will please the ivory one and she will have no choice but to chose you to stand beside her as lead male. You will have a throne to call your own, a crown upon your mighty brow and loyal subjects beneath your paw.' Oh how the subconscious voice in his head had a way of making everything sound so delectable, but it was true.

But before he could continue to enjoy the savory words his own mind fed him his thoughts were scattered and his attention once more brought back to reality as the ivory queen spoke. "I only ask one thing. I need you to find another for our cause. I already have one and I plan to find others, but if you want power, get me more." It was the sudden sinister tone and hiss to her voice that sent a chill down the length of his spine. 'So her demon have decided to come out and play with my own.' he mentally thought as he sensed the need for power that underlay her words and made her 'demons' play well with his own. It couldn't possibly be that hard to find a wandering soul or a few that he could manipulate into joining the flock he planned to herd for his queen. He was skilled in the art of deception and knew how to word things just right to get your attention and reel you in. It was what eventually had him banned from his homelands. No, he would plan better this time around. There would be no careless mistakes to thwart his rise to power. He /will/ be king.

With a nod of his head, he agreed to her orders and let his golden gaze settle upon her one good eye. "As you wish, Athena. But first I would like to meet this follower of yours, to become familiar with our future pack mate." A dark and eerie smirk tugged at the corner of his lips, an added emphasis on the word our as it was spoken to indicate that he had every intention of claiming the power she offered him.

Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

As she fed him her words and demands, his coy smile grew larger and larger and Athena knew that he was finally hooked. There was no way that this male, with his obvious lust for power, would turn this down. Though, he tried to hide his excitement with his smooth voice, she could see it in his eyes. The excitement for power, like her own eyes now showed. The two didn’t seem to be too different from each other. Athena’s cunning and deceiving ways were rather hidden, while Vesper held his deceptive skills close to his heart. Athena knew the cruel treatment of the world, she has felt it firsthand. She also knew that sometimes in order to get your way, you needed to lie. You needed to be cunning and deceiving. If not, they may not be a chance that you will get exactly what you wanted. If you do not fight, you will not win. Enough said.

His words reached her ears and she grinned when he said “our future pack mate”. He was determined to give her what she wanted and he was already sealing his position next to her like he already gave her another follower. Though, in order for him to stand next to her, he will give her what she wanted, or he will not be graced with the power he desired. She didn’t believe you could just be handed something on a silver plate without doing the hard work first in order to get it. No sweat, no gain. She looked over to where she last saw @Silver and gave out a yaff for her to come to her and meet her possible new alpha male.

(This post was last modified: Oct 12, 2014, 04:10 PM by Athena.)
Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Silver

Silver had been doing her own scouting not to far away without any care as to who or what Athena was talking to. Though when a bark was sent out for her the dark female was quick to react. Holding herself rather prideful (not enough to over power Athena though but just enough to show off to the stranger) she made way to the scene. A strange handsome male and the Moon woman.

Eyeing the man over she looked to Athena. "I see you found someone." Her voice was soft as Silver flashed a toothy grin to both Athena and Vespertio. Even though she held a grin on her face something in Silver's eyes said different things. Perhaps a sudden uneasiness around this male. Of course if Athena had kept him around for her to be called on surely he couldn't be too bad.

"My name is Silver, a scout well trained in my art." She was doing everything to let the male know that just because he was here with his good looks and smooth words that Athena would not be so suddenly ripped away from Silver. She had found a comfort in the pale ivory woman and the dark woman was not about to just let some rogue take that from her. Maybe she was thinking too deep but there was that over protectiveness speaking inside of her mind. Every since Athena had returned to Whisper Caverns beaten and battered Silver had stepped up a tad to take a bit of protection in her. Whether Athena was aware of it or not Silver would become her loyal guardian.