(See All?) Announcements
519 Users Online
Google, Bing, Khalon

Medium build and mis-matched eyes? You must be a Lyall... — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
When Rook finally stood up, he actually angled his head downward to meet his brother's gaze. Seeing that small smile on his brother's face was meant to bring comfort but, instead, it only made the younger Lyall worry even more - especially with learning that Ryvet had not seen their older brother. "Which home though?" he questioned, "The Reach? Here? Bertram Valley? He would only take off again if we got it wrong."

"No," Rook instantly countered, if only out of habit from getting into near-constant fights with Bishop in the past few days. His brows touched in an irritated glare, "For the past few days he's been talking about Kade... and Kiche and Aisling. The home he's looking for has to be Grizzly Hollow. I can't bring him there because there's no one there! And, I can't leave him there by himself..."

"What of Taima?" Ryvet continued. "Has there been any word?"

The yearling had to take a deep breath and hold it for a number of seconds before releasing it into the cool autumn air. "You really want to know, Ryvet?" he retorted, his tone becoming more frustrated and cynical by the second just from the mention of their sister. "I saw her," he shrugged, "In the Hollow." He stamped a fore paw into the ground. "At the old den."

He had begun to pace in a sort of figure-eight sort of shape, only stopping when he had finally collected all the words he had wanted to say, "She was there because she was looking for... us. She thought-- She thought I was Dad." There was no more sarcasm or bitterness in his voice, the realization dawning on his face that he was not losing just his father, but his siblings as well. Once he got a hold of someone, someone else left him. If Taima had just gone and Ryvet was here, who knew how long it would be until Ryvet left when someone else came to offer him the help he needed?

"I went there because I was looking for Kade," he explained further. "I thought maybe if Kade was still there, I could take Dad to live with them. I found her instead and I didn't know it was her until... until after she blew up in my face. I thought she was Kade's daughter; she had obviously been living there for a while. I didn't think that was her."

His tail came down to hang at his heels, limp and lifeless as he stared at the ground. "I don't know where she is anymore." There was a long gap of silence before he spoke again. "She's the reason, huh?" he then asked. "You're here because you're looking for her..."

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.
Played by becuffin who has 62 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ryvet Borden Lyall

His brothers frustration was palpable. Were they humans rather than wolves Ryvet might have reached out to grasp his brothers shoulders in an attempt to help the younger man ground himself, instead all he could do was watch on silently and act as a sounding board for his frustrations. A tightening in his jaw, the minute motion of grinding of his teeth the only sign news of their fathers disintegration impacted the pale wolf at all.

His breath had been held after he questioned after their sister, expecting little more than the ‘No’ he had grow accustomed to hearing. He had convinced himself every bleached bone, every partial skull, was probably her and had given up hope of ever being able to bring her home. His brothers frustrated retort took him by surprise and it showed in his every fibre, bringing him up from his seated position, his head swinging to the direction he thought the old bear den to be in.

Did she think they had forgotten her?

The absence of Kade was not new news to Ryvet, he had discovered so for himself about a year ago, and yet this was still where he had chosen to start his search again, in the hopes that it had all just been a bad dream. “You only had stories to go off.” Ryvet tried to console his younger brother, feeling slightly guilty that he had managed to be waylaid by Valiant. If she had still been alive, it should have been him to find her.

He watched as his brother deflated in front of his very eyes, questioning his motives for being there. It was time to come clean. “Honestly?” he questioned with a raised brow. “I don’t know that there is a reason…” he finally admitted. Once perhaps he would have claimed it was to find his sister and return her to the loving embrace of their family, he could have easily said he was chasing down @Renier, ready to team up and stir up trouble, but if that were the case he would not have been so easily distracted the last time he passed this way. “Kade isn’t here, and hasn’t been for a long time, at least a year… Why are you here little brother?”

(This post was last modified: Feb 09, 2015, 01:01 PM by Ryvet.)
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
Ryvet's attempt at consoling Rook seemed temporary at best, but once the current questions had come and gone with an answer, the mention of Kade's absence, followed by Ryvet's own curiosity, everything had fallen away. The younger Lyall didn't even have to replay the question in his head to carefully lay out the words to his reply. It simply came out in a firm, resolute declaration:

"I'm going to reclaim Grizzly Hollow."

A heavy sigh emitted from him and he paced about in a circle before facing his brother, "If Dad wants to go home, then I'm going to let him but I can't do it alone." His tail gave a rather tentative wave, "If I asked you, would you help me? If only to give me back the father that I had before... the one you had the chance to grow up with." The black lining of his lips fell into a hard line, "We would be together again... as a family."

It had been a weak promise to make, one that would only be partially fulfilled, but it was something that Rook hoped that Ryvet would also want. "I also believe the cure for Dad's memory is here, right under our noses. Bringing him back to the one place he really remembers, I think, will be the first step for him to get better."

His muddied paws turned him about so that he could raise his left forepaw in some sort of gesture in agreement, waiting for Ryvet to return the sentiment with a bump of his own ivory wrist. "What do you say?"

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.
Played by becuffin who has 62 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ryvet Borden Lyall
I'm happy for this to be Ryvet's exit.

It seemed he had it all planned out, or if not at least he was firm in his convictions. The thought of his yearling brother reclaiming a land he had never lived in was a strange concept, but he was not so far removed from the cedarwood for it to be too outlandish either. His head nodded in acknowledgment, the cogs in his own mind turning over. He had supposed that Renier would be more likely to do so but it hadn’t happened yet and so it was all Rooks for the taking. Ryvet had no desire for leadership and all that went with it. After all, look at what all the stress had done to their father…

He almost felt insulted that his brother felt he needed to ask for help “Of course.” The response came with conviction. The idea of being together as a family was a tempting one, but it wouldn’t be complete without their mother, @Renier , @Taima and @Calla , no matter how many years had stretched between their last reunion. They would need Hocus (whom Ryvet only knew by name), and @Trisden . Even Arlette and Aiyana… Perhaps once they were settled he would return to the Glades and fetch who he could?

Perhaps they were better off there.

He saw the paw extend and put out his own, making contact before he even realised what he was doing. “I won’t be far from here when the time comes.” After all, if he remained, nobody else could move in, and if his sister was still roaming around here somewhere this might just be his best chance of tracking her down.

(This post was last modified: Feb 19, 2015, 09:25 PM by Ryvet. Edit Reason: taaaags )