(See All?) Announcements
663 Users Online
Google, Bing

Running for my life — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alisha who has 65 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Oliver Carmond

His heart was in his throat, threatening to leap out of his body and leave him lifeless. He had never run so far, so fast, but he had been scared. It wasn't something Oliver liked to admit, but he had his limits in his speed and stamina. And over the past couple of days, they had been tested past their capacity. That frozen beauty had been nothing but terrifying, her eyes cold and her fury like a blizzard. If anything his legs welcomed the burn his flight had brought on- it battled back the instinct to shiver at the memory of her attack.

"I need a pack," he whispered raggedly to himself. Normally the statement from his own maw would go through the holes in his ears and never return- no one would want such a scrawny, funny looking thing such as he. But the depravity of his growling stomach and aching muscles persuaded- no, pleaded with him otherwise. Somewhat mindless in his exhaustion-hailed stupor, he sniffed around, making sure she was no where on his heels. "How convenient..." Oliver's nose alerted him to pack borders. He was careful not to cross over- he didn't need another marathon of running in fear. The only reason his last flee had taken so long was the fact that he was still stuck desperately in the shadowy forest- if an entire pack was on his heels, he might just have to run clear across the mountain he saw in the distance.

It wasn't a very hard decision- die alone and hungry, no where near senior age, or give pack life another shot. Surely it wouldn't be as- the words disorderly and dangerous came to mind. Hopefully this one had actual leaders. Throwing back his head, Oliver let loose a howl. It was weak, and a dry throat brought on a coughing fit, but the small man was confident it was loud enough to be heard. The prospect of having to wait long gave him jitters, but he forced his butt down- determined to give his lungs a rest.
(This post was last modified: Oct 18, 2014, 03:34 AM by Oliver.)
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
You get what you get and you don't throw a fit

The leader was prowling along the outside edge of the territory, checking to be sure his pups had not wandered too far. They were gaining both in height and weight rapidly, he wondered if their courage had as well. Despite his long trek there were no heavy traces of Zera and Darrah to be found, so the father continued at ease for the time being. Down deep in his heart there would always be those pushing questions of what winter had in store for them this year. Who else would he soon be missing?

Steady on his feet he had every intention of crossing the borders, search for some rodent for the young to practice, when a strange howl beckoned to him. The sound didn't sound like a very lively, if healthy specimen, and bright eyes narrowed, ears tapering back. Why would they come here? What the hell could they want? There was not snow piling high, but he was getting a bit hesitant to put out any more invites. Two had left, and he was still waiting for Jessie and Drestig to return. Either way he could not ignore this call. Slightly curious, it was with a sharp sigh, he began padding in the direction of this "visitor".

Already with a first impression the sight of the small, slender wolf did little to change it. Since he didn't appear to be in an immediate pain nor suffering, Triell did not hold prevent his long guard hairs from bristling long his nape, and shoulders. "If you're dying I can only help you with a quicker death," he rumbled, stopping a few wolf lengths in front of the fellow. He wasn't sure how much of his time he wanted to waste, so he hoped this one would be clear of his intentions.

(This post was last modified: Oct 07, 2014, 07:21 PM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Oliver Carmond
Ooc: I can wait

Oliver bowed, bringing his eyes away from staring disrespectfully at the other male's own. Though he trembled slightly-Please don't let this be another wolf out to eat the little guy!- his body remained mostly solid. A good sign, considering wolf was much larger than she.

"I'm not dying, sir." Not for a good long while I hope... "I've just run out of the death trap south of here. I've simply come for a place to call home. I can pull my weight in many areas of skill, if you'll have me, sir." It was short and to the point- Oliver had to admit, all the I's and I'ves were repetitive, but his tongue was lolling out of his control. The brisk autumn air helped to return his temperature to normal, so he enclosed his greatest weapon within his mouth in order not to seem rude.

The leader's initial attitude didn't seem very promising. He was truthful- Oliver appreciated that- but guarded, and most likely steeling himself against any silver-smithed persuasion tactics. If Oliver didn't gain entry here, he was probably going to have to cross the mountain. And he really didn't want to. He just wanted to have a place to relax and go about his business without having to look over his shoulder constantly. Was that too much to ask? For the price of one scrawny jack-of-all-trades who looked more like a warped coyote than anything?

In Oliver's honest opinion, the answer to that question might be yes.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

It usually wouldn't please Triell to see someone tremble especially because of him. When this loner did he felt satisfied. It was about time someone acted like they had half a brain, knowing he held the "keys" to a different life. So far, so good.

The Tainn listened, but he did not change his stance at first. It seemed a lot better to remain unchanged while deciding further about this wolf. It wouldn't do having everyone think he was a big softie.

Upon what Triell assumed was the Deep Forest he had to interject. "Oh that hell hole?" He snorted in disgust. The few times he had been that way he didn't much care for it. That god awful forest, and creek of mud. It made his heart miss the west. At least the lands up north were decent. Since Oliver was straight to the point finally, the leader's head titled with interest, and his long mane seemed to have calmed atop his back. "If you made it out of there, you must be smarter than the average bear. What other skills do you have? Winter not far off, I need wolves who plan to stick around, and if you can do more than hunt maybe you can stay."

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Oliver Carmond
If Oliver wasn't so in control of the emotions that ranged on his face, he would have broken into a smile- he was impressed. As it was, the smaller male kept his face and body subservient. There was good reason to tread lightly- he wasn't part of the pack yet.

"I'm fast, sir, and I've a good memory-" so good it pained him to sleep, more often than not- " and I know about a good deal of herbs-" he had to use those herbs on himself, for many occasions- "and how to apply them, sir." His jaws closed, and for a moment he was worried that wouldn't be enough. Nonsense, Galley would have said. You've got the stuff to be a great team player. And if they don't accept you, that's their loss. You'll always have me!

Except I don't have you. Oliver thought bitterly- so this has to be enough to let me in. I don't want to wander anymore.

"I want to stick around, sir. It's been a long time since I've been around wolves whom I can call family, and I hope to have that privilege again. I will remain loyal and faithful, and if you ask it of me, I will lay my life down for you. So is my pledge, or I never again be called Oliver Carmond." Perhaps a bit much, but Oliver meant every word he said. He just wanted others to spend the rest of his days with- perhaps, if he got lucky- he'd find a wolf to be close with as he was with Galley.

Ooc: I'm looking for him to eventually be a scout or medic.
(This post was last modified: Oct 18, 2014, 03:35 AM by Oliver.)
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

There seemed to be more confidence building beneath that mud mud colored coat, and he was pleased to see that as well. Be best if he wasn't afraid of his own shadow. The fact that the loner seemed to be telling the truth, as he did look like more of a runner, helped greatly. The mention of being a medic of sorts was the best news he had gotten all day. The Tainn still kept a bit of a poker face. A slip of a tongue could prove deadly, and the last wolf he had accepted had left without a word.

With no want to interrupt, he wondered if he was laying it on a bit thick or sincerely felt that way with his pledge. Black brows furrowed, and he wanted to test that. "Oh? Well, let us hope it won't come to that. I'm usually the one rescuing others from such things, " he cracked a grin. Oliver had won him over.

"We could surely use a medic. Welcome to the Bend Oliver. I'm Triell Tainn, and I'm sure you won't forget that." The leader gave a heavy flick of his tail, and pressed his shoulder to the Carmond's. " Now how about we get you something to eat, and show your new home? I know a bit about herbs, but not a lot. You'll have to start seeing what you can find around here." He offered, then motioned for Oliver to follow him across the borders.

(This post was last modified: Oct 18, 2014, 04:15 AM by Triell.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Oliver Carmond
Once the leader let a smile show through, Oliver let loose a small one of his own. Finally, he was getting his fondest wish. He accepted the shoulder pressed against his own, using it as proof that this moment was real. "Thank you, Triell, sir. I would like something to eat. And I'll get on those herbs right away."

Even though Triell invited him over the border, Oliver still paused once his paws reached it's edge- a force of habit. Scrunching his eyes, preparing for the worst, he stepped over. The border, being just a simple border, didn't add anything terrible or wonderful the event. Even so, Oliver was happy- so happy his tail waved rapidly behind him. Excited for what was to come, he took a respectful position at his new leader's side.

(the end)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity