(See All?) Announcements
683 Users Online
Google, Bing, Adora, Hazelnut

Bitter nights, cold frights, oh my, it must be Halloween — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 250 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Danica
Re:The moon has turned a blood red and the forest is covered in a dense fog. Have the ghosts of Relic Lore decided to return?

The noise echoed throughout the dark woods, eerie and mysterious. It sounded similar to a wolf's howl, but oh so lonely and longing. The odd call left the yearling's ears standing tall above her head. Wide eyed she peered through the fog. Her heart was pounding in her chest. Something was wrong, seriously wrong. Every fiber and cell in her body told her something was utterly terribly horribly wrong. But what? Everything was so still and creepily peaceful.

Slowly Danica moved, guided by the red light of moon. It frightened and memorized her at the same moment. Why red? That wasn't natural, not at all. Green orbs strained to see the shadow move ahead. Another call filled the air, tormented sounding. It was moaning and groaning, oh it had to be hurt. She figured.

"Hello?" The young girl stood dead still, a sudden chill traveling up her spine. Maybe this sound was coming from another lost wolf? Too tired and weary from her search to comprehend she decided it had to be. Her nose lifted and a howl left her leathery lips. Her song was beautiful and less demonic then the first two.

Her reply was a snap of a twig and rustle of a bush. Glowing eyes peered through the fog. Something with silent paws aprroached. Massive in size and truly intimidating. Dani trembled in place as she stared. Oh how foolish she had been to answer the call of a halloween scare.

(Idc what it turns out to be, honestly it could be your character and she's delusional beacuse of her leg wound. Maybe it got infected? Who knows, they story is open. Maybe your character is up to scaring someone in spirt of Halloween.)
Played by Missy who has 124 posts.
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats
Fly had made the horrible mistake of exploring the Ghastly Woods. She had wanted to see more of the land around her territory, but this was something she could have lived without seeing. She had set out on this adventure in the late afternoon, and now the moon was up high in the sky and she was as lost as she could be. Slowly traversing the creepy woods, Fly could feel thin, wispy branches dragging through her fur and this unsettled her almost more than the glowing red moon in the sky. No, never mind. The red moon was much creepier. Fly sighed heavily, as she started to wonder if she would ever make it out of these woods. Then Fly caught the scent of another wolf. Fly still had not learned the scents of the packs around her territory so she wasn't sure if this wolf was a lone wolf or a pack wolf. She could tell it was a girl though and with another sniff Fly realized the girl was close to her age...and injured? Curiously, Fly set out in the direction of her newest adventure.

However, as she began to get closer to the she wolf she concocted a marvelous plan. From what Fly could tell, the injury didn't smell infected and the wolf was moving so her leg couldn't be too bad. Knowing this, Fly tried to justify to herself that it was okay to play an teeny tiny trick on her. Slowly, Fly stalked up to the side of the she-wolf, letting her foot crush a small twig so that the she wolf would at least no she was there and would not be too scared. Fly stopped once she had the girl's attention, knowing that her body would be mostly covered in fog. Once she could see that she had the she wolf tricked and terrified, Fly tensed her muscles and launched herself forward letting out a loud bark. Of course, she skidded to a stop just in front of the girl making sure not to actually barrel into her. Fly could barely stop to take in the girl's reaction before hunching over in a fit of laughter (barks? haha).
Inactive No Rank
Danica
Danica's eyes grew twice their natural size while her hackles spiked up in response. She jumped back in fear and let out a screamish yelp. Without a thought she turned and took off at an awkward run. She moved her head left and right searching for her 'attacker'. Laughter filled the air around and her mind twisted the noise into a monstrous sound. It would seem some evil wolf wanted her dead and they weren't going to stop till they got what they wanted. The some what delusional wolf imagined a large demon wolf with long fanged teeth and sharp claws perusing her.

Dani stopped at the sight of a log. She stared for a moment deciding what to do. Still unsure she slipped into the dark and wraped her body about itself. Peering outside she waited in a ball for her 'enemy' to hopefully run pass.Danica hoped the beast couldn't smell the fear radiating from her fur. Surely her scent itself was bad enough of a give away.

Quietly Danica awaited her unknown fate. Her thoughts were twisted and confusing, hard to follow and make sense of. Her head pounded in pain only adding to her stress. The young girl was quickly working herself up more and more. Was she going to die?! Was Titan near by?! More importantly was he...alive and safe?! Would she ever get to see any of her loved ones again?! Dani eventually let out a loud, "Ahhh!" In pure panic. She rose up in a rush and bumped her noggin against the rough hard wood.
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats

As Fly got her fit of laughter under control she realized that no one else was laughing. Actually, no one else was even there. Looking around curiously, the russet huntress wondered where the other she wolf had gone off to. Had she really scared her that bad? Starting to feel guilty, Fly scented the air and attempted to follow the girl's scent which was laced with fear. Wow, Fly thought, I had no idea I was so scary.

Fly found her dainty light brown paws carrying her closer and closer to a log and, sure that the scent was indeed getting stronger, she warily approached the log keeping her head and tail low. She did not want to scare the injured girl again. Before Fly could get close enough to peak inside, there was a loud thump followed by a shrill shriek. Firefly nearly jumped out of her fur, but quickly recovered as she realized the shriek must have come from the girl. Steadying her racing heart, Fly spoke to the girl, her voice its usual bell-like soprano, and tried to reassure her that everything was okay."Hello? I'm sorry that I scared you. My name is Firefly and I was only having a little fun. You can come out now, I won't hurt you." Fly waited to see if the girl would emerge from her hiding place and just to be safe added,"I promise" in her most sincere voice Tail and head lowered to indicate submission, or rather a lack of aggression, Fly focused her warm brown eyes on the end of the log, eager to see who the girl was and if she would be mad at Fly for her earlier prank..

"Speech"

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Inactive No Rank
Danica
A soothing voice cooed the yearling into coming out. She hadn't heard Firefly's exact words, though. Danica looked to the female with a stressed and tired face, her eyes reflecting the red moon. "Where has the demon gone?" She asked in a slurred voice that mumble jumbled the words. "It wants to eat us alive, I just know it. It's large and wolf like with fangs and sharp claws. It's a monster!" Dani dramatically exclaimed in a threatening tone. "Eat us alive, I swear! Eat us alive!" She hollered like a madman. "Shred us, tear us, MAUL US."

The lightly colored little lady stepped closer to Fly. She examined her carefully with suspicious eyes. "Are you on it's side?" She questioned with rised brows. "You are!" She accused snapping her jaws together dangerously. Giving the fellow wolf a delirious look she said, "Send it away! Send it away! You tell it to be gone or else! I'm not ready to join Tacoma! Send IT AWAY!" Her demands were stern and harshly spat out. "Send the red moon demon away!" She shouted one more time before snapping at the air around Fly's face. Danica growled loudly, forcing her fear into anger.

An owl hooted and the green eyed wolf jumped into the air before dashing back into the log. She huddled and shivered within frightened out of her mind. Her trembling body shook fiercely as she began rocking herself. "Titan, titan, titan." She whispered so low it wasn't audible. She tried to calm herself with the image of his warm embrace.
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats

Firefly was relieved as the girl crawled out form the log and had to stifle a giggle when the girl asked about a demon. "There wasn't a..." Fly began to explain, but the girl started screaming about being eaten alive. Her voice got louder and louder and she called out something about Fly working with the demon and something about Tacoma, whatever the hell a Tacoma was. Fly raised her tail parallel to her spine and angled her ears towards the pale female as a sign of confidence. This girl was not going to yell at her like that! Fly was about to let her know so, but then the girl crawled back into the log. Fly could no longer see her but she could hear her whispering something over and over again.

Balancing a mix of frustration and concern, Fly took a deep breathe and summoned all the patience she could muster. It was becoming clear, even to a girl as oblivious as Fly could be, that this she wolf was sick. Though Fly wasn't known for her patience, there was no way she would leave an injured wolf out in the middle of the woods. That left one option. Letting out a weary sigh, Fly called out to the girl once more."Well, I don't know who...or what...a Tacoma is, but you don't have to join him...or it...or whatever." Fly grimaced as she struggled to find a way to lure the girl out."Look, I am not on the demon's side so why don't you come out and we can talk?" Playing along was probably for the best."Maybe I can help you find your way home and your parents or pack mates or someone can protect you from the demon." Fly called encouragingly, resisting the urge to stick her russet head into the log.

"Speech"

Inactive No Rank
Danica
Danica stopped everything she was doing, even held her breath, at the whatever. Quietly she responded with hurt in her voice, "Tacoma is my big brother." She didn't explain why she'd be joining him and instead allowed Fly to piece it together in her own mind. If the wolf had even a pinch of common sense she would understand he died.

Firefly's words offered no comfort. Though she was quick to trust, Dani figured this girl to be a lair. How did one respond to or treat a lair? Within her knowing she had never been lied to before. This wolf could mean to trap and harm her severely. It seemed she was safest within her log.

*My family? My Titan? Maybe this is worth the risk?* Danica questioned thoughtfully. Carefully she stood with her head low and took enough steps forward to be slightly viewable at an angle. Slowly she stuck her face outside to glance at the mysterious -and in Dani's mind- dangerous stranger.

With a sigh she emerged and said, "I don't trust you, but if you truly can take me home, I belong at Whisper Caverns. If she is closer you may bring me to my mother...queen of Secret Woodlands. Please don't let...it....hurt me...us." She spoke innocently and yawned afterwards. When she told @Nina was her mother she spoke with great pride.

Warily Dani approached Firefly and whispered, "You lead I follow, but if you murder me I'm sure someone will avenge my death. Please know and remember this stranger. For I'm a beloved niece, ex princess, and someone's...best friend." The ending of her little 'speech' was awkward. She wasn't sure what her and @Titan were. All she did know was that she had strong feelings towards him.
Played by Emma who has 530 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
@Danica @Firefly

There were so few males that Iopah felt bad for the remaining guardians. She'd seen the tiredness in the males and had quietly offered to take a patrol shift that night. They helped her hunt the larger animals, so Iopah figured it was only fair. That was how she found herself keeping watch under a blood red moon. Only days ago she had meet the pale silvery gray Aestyn, and she wasn't sure the woman wasn't still lurking in the ears. She was partly expecting an eerie screech like the one Aestyn had used to get her attention and she had pressed farther into the cherry fields to assuage that suspicion.

There was a cry that night, but not like what she expected. It slipped though the night and settled into the ears of the watchful Woodland wolf. The voice was familiar, and even before she knew who it was she was running into the Ghastly Woods. She had not seen or scented Danica for nearly a year but that distressed cry had sent her pelting forward without hesitation. The forms of two young females came into focus, distorted and broken up by the decaying trees that made up the unsettling forest.

It was Firefly she recognized first and her gray hackles bristled in distaste. Warily watching the rusty female, she shifted around to identify the other girl. There was no immediate recognition; Danica had grown so much and she smelled entirely of the Caverns where she normally lived. But eventually she padded close enough to see the green of her eyes and associate her ashy coat pattern with her father. "Danica?" She queried softly in puzzlement. What was she doing out here and why had she made such a noise? Iopah jumped to her own conclusion and spun around to snarl sharply at Firefly. "What have you lot done now?" She inquired harshly of the Black Thorn wolf.

Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats

Firefly wanted to kick herself for how this night was turning out. First of all, she never should have frightened the poor (but annoying) injured she wolf. Everything that happened after that was karma including the girl's overreaction and the appearance of a bristling, angry Iopah. Fly had to resist the very insistent urge to roll her big brown eyes when Iopah immediately jumped to false conclusions.

"I did nothing!" Okay, so that wasn't totally true, but Firefly certainly hadn't done what Iopah was thinking."Well, I didn't injure her leg. She was like that when I found her." Fly amended her earlier statement. She was only a yearling and knew that she could not take on Iopah alone, but she was also no coward. The russet huntress raised her tail parallel to her back once more and held her head high, though she did not go so far as to bear her fangs at the pale woman."I was trying to help her, but she has been screaming and whining about some kind of demon." Again Fly resisted the urge to roll her eyes, but as she recalled the other part of the girl's rant she softened her expression and her voice. "I was just trying to bring her home safely. She was rambling about..." Fly paused, glancing at the girl warily before finishing her sentence, "...Takoma." Fly kept her eyes trained on the injured girl, wondering if the mention of her brother's name would set her off again. Honestly, Fly felt bad about that part and would have apologized for her earlier blunder, but the arrival of Iopah had her on guard now. That apology would have to wait for another time.

"Speech"

Inactive No Rank
Danica
(Just saying, this is getting good.)

"Danica?" The familiar voice brought a rush of memories into her already aching head. Flash back after flash back. Dani looked over to Iopah gaping a little. How long? And yet? The yearling was so confused at the moment, but associated the women's stance with the time she protected Dani as a pup against Gent. He didn't turn out to be a threat thankfully though, and Hollow had come barging in too help, anyways.

Questions came to her, but now was not the time. Danica needed to tell her about the demon! "Not her Iopah! There's a demon, we've gotta flee. It'll hurt us Iopah! I'm scared." She whinned the last bit quieter. Without hesitation she took a pose she had taken by the grey women's side before as a little puppy. For the moment she even seemed to once again be that helpless little girl. The one who couldn't defend herself against the world, yet tempted it with her few adventures.

"You only say you did nothing!" Dani yelled jumping back to her earlier accusing. She was safe next to her old pack mate and need not to worry. She wasn't forced to risk trusting Firefly now, and wouldn't. Looking Iopah dead in the eyes she said with a serious tone, "She is on it's side...the demon. She wants a dead too." Then nodded to show she was sure of herself.

Danica's head snapped back to Firefly at her words. "Demon lover, you weren't trying to help. You were trying to lead me to it!" Her fur bristled with anger towards the unfortunate female.

The cream wolf growled at Firefly, "Tacoma," she corrected, "And an evil wolf like yourself has no right to say such a Prince's name." She spoke calm, but with hate and disgust lingering in her tone.