(See All?) Announcements
506 Users Online
Bing, Google

Under a southern sun — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Missy who has 50 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Mordacai Ashrelle

Cai was relieved when the pale woman turned her golden eyes back to look upon him as she laughed in amusement. Mordacai smiled, quickly deciding that he liked her laugh; it was free and unreserved. Of course, he smiled when she conceded that she did not remember the song. He had not really expected her to, but the question had accomplished what he had wanted it to: she was looking at him again and her mood had become more jovial.

Cai's face twisted in a grimace when she asked about his family. What was there to tell? The Ashrelle's, as far as he was concerned, were not terribly exciting. With a sigh and a half-hearted chuckle Cai said, "Well I certainly don't have any story to share that could compare with the story of your scout." Cai paused, taking a minute to collect his thoughts. "My family, as far as I can remember, was peaceful and kind." Cai figured that Iopah might have a very different experience with the Ashrelle's, but this was what he remembered: a peaceful upbringing in a sheltered home. "Our home was beautiful, and in the spring the mountain side bloomed with purple crocus and harebell flowers and my siblings and I would spend a good portion of the spring taking in that view." Cai smiled gently as he called upon the memory of the Calarosa mountain in the spring, a memory that was never far or hard to recall for the swarthy prince. "But the flowers weren't enough to capture Enoki's heart, and she left us when she was very young." Cai shrugged as he said this, indifferent to Enoki's decision. He certainly didn't blame her, but he always wondered how things would have turned out if she had stayed. "Several years later my parents passed away and my older brother, Arion, became Alpha." Cai said Arion's name with derision and a subtle roll of his amber eyes. "He sent me after Enoki because he didn't want to be the leader..." Cai said the last part in a mock-whining voice--he and Enoki shared the same opinion about Arion's laziness--but changed back to his regular voice as he continued, "...and that's how I ended up here. So Kele didn't miss out on too much. I'm sure he would have appreciated having a younger brother like me.." Cai smirked, amber eyes glinting playfully, "but at least he didn't have to deal with Arion." Cai, whose eyes had absently wandered towards the same creek that Iopah had been staring at, brought his gaze back to the pale woman at his side. This had been one of the most pleasant conversations he had participated in since coming to the Lore. He was having trouble finding his place in this new land, but next to Iopah he felt like he was exactly where he was supposed to be. In a lower voice, Cai wondered aloud, "Do you like it here?"

(This post was last modified: Nov 27, 2014, 03:19 PM by Mordacai.)
[Image: 0e902ec3-b01e-40bd-8a59-555651ce82b7.png][Image: winteriscoming-wr.png]
Played by Emma who has 530 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
Warning: reference to some suicidal thoughts

The memory of the harebells made her smile bittersweet. She remembered them, as a child she would watch the delicate shades of indigo shift in the breeze on a distant mountain. As a disillusioned, rebellious youth she had raced through those same fields as she went north. She was glad he mentioned only the beautiful shade found in spring: she didn't want to be reminded of the dry, snake-like leaves that had tangled her feet as if to stop her. She didn't know how he could be unimpressed with his tale. They were still alive! How could he be unimpressed? They had survived whereas the proud arrogant pack with the cool story had starved within their well defended land.

"He didn't want to be leader?" She interjected in surprise, then ducked her head in mock embarrassment. Her brother and her would have fought for the right, and she couldn't imagine Arion turning it down. The story continued and Iopah listened closely. Her eyes flicked rapidly to him and away at the mention of Kele. She had to disagree with him, Kele deserved more than the short life he lived.

Do you like it here?

If he had asked that question when she had first come to the Lore the answer would have been a non-committal shrug. She had been a mess back then. Kele's death had sent her north, but she had not been looking for a home. She was not the same wolf who had entered the Fireweed Rise hoping only for the end, and the pale woman shifted to regard Mordacai carefully. "Before this I had failed everyone. Nina gave me a purpose and it turned into a family. I could not bear to live anywhere else."

It was different for Mordacai and Enoki. A home still waited for them. Her ears folded back as she asked, "Will you and Enoki go back?" The two were Kele's kin. Despite the strangeness of the relation, they were the closest thing to a brother and sister she had any more.

(This post was last modified: Nov 28, 2014, 03:41 PM by Iopah.)
Mordacai Ashrelle

Mordacai's maw opened, just slightly, as he wandered at how Iopah had come to make a place for herself in the Lore. She had a purpose, a family. That is what he wanted, right? He had come here to be with Enoki, his sister, and to find a new purpose. He had been so unsatisfied with the purpose he served under Arion, that of the obedient little brother. But now, he was here with Enoki and barely speaking with her. Now, he was here but he was still serving someone else. Listening to Iopah, Moracai couldn't help but respect this strong woman who had come into the Lore with nothing and managed to push on until it became everything she wanted. Cai had come to the Lore with everything, threw it all away hoping the grass would be greener on the other side, and was now moping around, feeling out of place. Perhaps, he should take a note from this Barberi she wolf and stop whining so much about what he didn't have.

When Iopah asked him if he or Enoki ever planned on going back, he looked down at his paws and contemplated the question for a moment. "No, when I came here to bring Enoki back she was very clear. She has no plans of returning." Mordacai paused and looked back to Io, letting his amber gaze meet her golden one. A girl with the sun in her eyes, now that's a sign of hope if ever there was one, Mordacai thought to himself in awe. With a slight smile, the swarthy male answered for himself, "As for me, I don't think I will ever return to Calarosa, but I have been wondering if I'm...the right fit for this place." He twisted his black lips as he was reminded of the feeling that had plagued him earlier, a feeling that had been completely dissipated by Iopah's presence. "But, now I'm starting to think that it deserves a second chance, maybe I do have a place here." Cai smiled, wondering if the Barberi woman knew that it was she who had inspired this new sense of hope in him.

Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
@Mordacai thanks for this plot-like thread!

He smiled as he answered, stating he had no desire to return to his family. This was the point where she would usually object and claim how unforgivable what he planned to do was. The only sound was the soft rustle of grass as the pale woman shifted forward, letting her silence speak as acceptance.

Months ago her reaction would have been very different. The black and white, no-middle-ground way of thinking she'd long followed had been blunted. If someone could forgive her for the grievous mistake she'd make how could she not to the same for Mordacai? She frowned as he questioned the rightness of this place. Once Iopah had felt the same and her brows knit together as she tried to remember what had helped her.

Just beyond their location, along the creek that had sporadically held the woman's attention, a pair of wolves was walking. Between the limbs of willow and empress tree Iopah could see the flashes of fur. Pale gray ears flicked back, but her eyes followed the walking wolves and her voice was low enough to not carry beyond. "It won't, not till it means something to you." She looked back to Mordacai, blinking in the sun as she tried to explain further.

When she had first joined Nina she had been filled with uncertainty. She had hunted and patrolled on auto-pilot, second-guessing her decision every morning. For months her days and nights had been meaningless, filled with movement but no faith. It did become a home, but it had been a slow process. Her short response fell short of her expressive thoughts and she shrugged apologetically. The gesture drew her gaze along the creek again. The other wolves were closer now and familiarity tugged her to her feet. Was that ashy silver or just the way sunlight dappled on a black coat? Her eyes were bright as she shifted to get a clear view through the trees.

Mordacai Ashrelle
Of course! Im glad they had a chance to talk!:)

Mordacai's dark brows came together in concern as his words brought a frown to his pale companion's features. Iopah's only response was that this place wouldn't seem right, not until it meant something to him. He watched as she struggled to find better words to explain what she meant, but eventually she merely shrugged, indicating that she had shared with him all she had to offer. That was fine. Cai had expected nothing from and yet she had given him so much and for that he would always be thankful. Her presence was a welcomed gift anytime she decided to bestow it upon him. Besides, her words did not need further explanation. After speaking with her, Cai knew exactly what she meant. If he wanted this place to feel right, he needed to make it mean something to him. He needed to take a risk and invest himself in this new home. If he wanted to feel apart of Willow Ridge, he needed to make Willow Ridge apart of him. It was time he talked to Elettra about pursuing a role in the pack; something that would root him here and give him meaningful ties to this land and its inhabitants.

As Cai came to this resolution, he noticed Io's eyes wandering to a couple of wolves in the distance, before he could address her she was already on her paws and with a chuckle Cai rose to his as well. "It seems like you have other matters to attend to and as much as I would like to take up more of your time, I know it would be rude." He smiled and for a brief moment let his eyes meet hers, taking in the warmth of her sunshine eyes and reveling in the sense of hope they brought him. Then the moment passed and he knew he had to let her go. She needed to return to her pack mates, her home. "If you are ever near the Willows, feel free to visit." With that, Cai let his shoulder brush against hers before heading towards his own pack mates with a renewed sense of purpose.

----exit----

Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier

The two wolves walking along the creek were not aware of the Mordacai and Iopah. Iopah took a step to the right, trying to peer under the rough bough of a tree. The angle was still wrong and she was not convinced that it wasn't who she hoped it was. Their slow, unhurried continued and Iopah swung around as Mordacai addressed her again. She grinned and gave a self-conscious laugh, as if she'd been caught. Her head tilted to the side as he spoke. The "other matters" weren't purely work, and the corner of her dark lips twitched in amusement. Very likely, Mordacai had picked up on that though. Iopah turned to look over her shoulder. The pair was moving very slow and still in sight. She turned back to him unhurriedly.

He extended an offer to her and she flushed with pride. This was not a stranger, or a simple ally. Mordacai was Kele brothers and, more importantly, her friend. Finally the wrong-doings of her family were being undone. "If you ever travel to the thicket the same goes for you." She countered as he brushed against her companionably. Then Mordacai was passing out of sight. Iopah turned back to the creek and let her feet lead her toward the water. Even if this wasn't who she hoped it was they might be a friend.

Super vague Exit post from Iopah!