(See All?) Announcements
563 Users Online
Google

black cat lynx attack — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Missy who has 124 posts.
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats
Quote: Firefly's Halloween RE: Uh oh...is that a black lynx that just crossed your path? @Titan and @Morganna and @Skoll can jump in after the first few posts if they would like:)

Word of the day

Firefly had made her way down to Heartleaf Creek today and was in a particularly happy mood. She had met so many new wolves over the last few weeks, and had seen so much of the land around her home. The only thing she hadn't managed to do was meet a wolf that belonged to another pack. Ever the optimist, however, Fly simply kept that item on her to-do list, confident that she would meet one eventually and would finally know if all the packs around here were as wonderful as Black Thorn Downs. Perhaps she could visit one and get all of her questions answered about what life was like in other packs. And boy did she have a lot of questions.

Fly happily lapped up the stream water, unbothered by how exiguous the stream was becoming. The water, though refreshing, did not satisfy the rumble in her belly. Hungry after a long day's walk through the forest, Fly began sampling the air, searching for prey. Her good day got even better when she picked up the scent of rabbit. Her favorite. The talented huntress lowered her head and put her nose to the ground as she prowled between the tall trees. It wasn't long before she was upon the blissfully unaware bunny who was nibbling on a patch of grass. A confident smile revealed Fly's sharp canines and in an instant she launched herself at the rabbit, executing it with a precise bite to the neck. Fly happily licked her lips, before diving right in to her little snack.

Though Firefly was an expert huntress, and usually very aware of the scents around her, her good mood had dulled her senses. A very hungry, black lynx was now eyeing the relatively small, distracted russet wolf and the plump white rabbit. Mmm, rabbit. The lynx's favorite.
Pack Pride
Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Titan wandered around the creek as it wound its way through the short hills and under fallen trees. His jet black paws kicked up the heart shaped leaves almost playfully as the dark Thorben recalls his first meeting with @Danica. Thinking back on the event now, Titan could really feel impressed with Dani's brave actions after deciding to leave her old pack. The fact that she had traveled alone before meeting him and survived made Titan's chest warm with pride for his friend.

A strong breeze raked the thinning canopy of the mainly empress tree forest. Those heart shaped yellow leaves fluttered down quietly towards the earth. They showered Titan's silver misted black coat as he jumped over a long fallen tree's wide trunk. It was then that three scents hit Titan's sensitive nose. The first, was that of a lynx. However this lynx scent was a familiar one to Titan; for he had met the very black lynx that the scent belonged to once before. It was back when he had trailed @Angiers scent and found the regal speaking with @Skoll. A lynx had crossed his path looking very angry over the fact that wolves were near its fresh kill. However the animal left after Titan had intimidated it.

The second scent was another one that Titan was semi familiar with. The pack scent of Black Thorn Downs crossed his nose causing the black wolf to wrinkle it in a half snarl. He hated that old wolf smell of Tokino. Though the female who's scent mixed with BTD was one that Titan was unfamiliar with. Lastly the smell of blood and rabbit reached him.

He knew the rules that his mother had in place at Whisper Caverns pack. Rules not to attack unless hit first by Black Thorn Downs wolves. However he wasn't a WC wolf anymore. Her rules didn't matter now. With the idea in his head to check out Firefly and try to chase her away, Titan strode forward angling himself in the females direction. The black wolf drew closer and closer to the cat, she wolf, and the scene that beckoned to him. The only thing he didn't know was what the black lynx was going to do.

OOC__(note that he hasn't reached her location quite yet - gives you time to do something with the lynx :3 )"Speech here."

Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats
Fly was muzzle deep in the delicious rabbit and with all of the blood caking her light brown muzzle she could not pick up on the other scents around here. She was unaware of the black lynx eyeing her and her prey and of the black wolf prepared to chase her away. Fly was very young at heart and not yet aware of the many threats the world had to offer her. She had not yet learned to watch her own back.

No food in days. That rabbit looks so good and that wolf is all by herself and sort of small. I could scare her away if I caught her off guard and maybe run off with the rabbit. Or...if I had to...I could take her. The lynx's mind was turning to mush, a side affect of starvation. Without having eaten in days he was becoming desperate for a good meal wherever he could find it. His mother had told him to stay away from wolves: they usually travelled in packs and he would be all by himself. But this lynx was young, only just separated from his mother and learning to fend for himself. He had not been doing a very good job and now he was considering breaking one of the very few lessons his mom had stuck around to teach him. He was starving, alone, and rabbit was his favorite snack. He had watched the young wolf walk through the forest and take down the prey. She was alone, he was sure of it. And if he didn't act soon that glutton would gobble up the whole rabbit! Desperation and starvation finally taking over his body, he leaped without hesitation, with the intent to land on the wolf's slender russet back.

By chance, Fly looked up from her meal, considering going back to the creek for a drink. Once she did she caught two scents at once: the scent of another wolf and the scent of a lynx. The former was pushed to the back of her mind by the urgency of the latter, which was aided by sight as she glanced up just in time to see the black lynx pushing off of the tree limb it had been perched on. It's body was spread out long, muscles clear under its inky black coat, and it's brown eyes were wide and crazed. And it was heading straight for her.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
When he finally spotted what was happening Titan had to stop his silent approach. The black lynx was slinking towards the she wolf and he suddenly realized what was going to happen. The cat is going to attack her. His mind raced as Titan quickly thought about what he should do.

As much as he didn't like the fact that a Black Thorn Downs wolf was near one of his favorite spots, Titan loathed the idea of the cat being there as well. It had already caused trouble with Willow Ridge wolves before and now looked as if it was going to try and harm another.

Quickly Titan sped forward hurling his large frame towards the cat and Downs wolf at a surprising speed. The cat had climbed up a tree and was readying itself to jump at Firefly. It was just then that Titan unleashed a roar of a snarl attempting to distract the cat. However the cat launches itself at Firefly. Luckily enough the dark Thorben was able to get in between Firefly and the feline. He staggered forward slowing himself down as the feeling of claws raked across his side. Then the dark wolf twists himself around and snaps at the cat. A caterwaul rang through the clearing as the cat dodged Titan's teeth and raked its claws across his chest in an attempt to distract him and get away. Titan however lurched forward in an attempt to catch the cat as it tries to slip away and run off.

His teeth hit their mark snagging the rear end of the ebony colored lynx. Its shrill call reverberates through the air As Titan then uses his forelegs, allowing the cat to scratch them up badly in the process, to press down on the feline so that he could rearrange his jaws and kill the beast. In one swift movement his teeth sank into the back of the cats neck and crunched down. A sickly noise of breaking bones and cartilage cuts off the black cats screams of terror. Titan shakes the limp creature twice before pausing to catch his breath. Then his blue eyes roll to the side to look at Firefly. Still holding the cat in his jaws, the dark Thorben turns his muscular neck and allows his head and silver tipped crown to face her. His black brow shoots up as Titan expectantly awaits the womans reaction.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats

Word of the day

Horripilation shook through Fly, the usually fearless huntress. She braced her muscles for the impact of the black lynx landing on her but the attack never landed. Instead, to the russet girl's shock and horror, a large black form came between her and the lynx. The sharp claws that were meant for her now raked down the sides of the wolf that had saved her. For a moment, it looked like the cat would get away, but the dark wolf sank his teeth into the rear end of the lynx. The lynx was able to badly scratch up the legs of the wolf, but once he got his jaw set the battle was over. A lynx was no match for the powerful jaws of a wolf. Fly watched, brown eyes wide with shock, as the large dark wolf shook the limp body of the lynx before casting his blue gaze on her. The image of this stranger holding the dead lynx between his jaws and looking at her expectantly was something that would be seared into the young girls memories. No one had saved her life before.

"Thank you." Fly said breathlessly letting her chocolate brown eyes, filled with sincerity, meet his blue orbs. Then, her gaze was cast down to his chest and legs, covered in blood. "Oh no, your legs, they are bleeding pretty bad." Guilt swept through the russet lady. His blood was on her paws and she knew that it was her fault he was hurt. Luckily, she remembered the little she had learned about herbs from Lugh. In a rushed voice voice she said, I can help. I know a little about herbs and I can help with the bleeding." Fly's eyes scoured the plants around them. "Yarrow, I need yarrow." She mumbled to herself in a determined voice. Lugh said that if she crushed it up and rubbed it on the wound it would help with bleeding. Fly immediately started scenting the air, frantically searching for the plant. She had to find the plant, it was the least she could do for someone who had gotten hurt trying to save her.

"Speech"

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
The sincerety in her chocolate gaze and her concerned words had Titan bite his lip in frustration. Yeah she's a Black Thorn Downs wolf, but she's not... evil... Or treacherous. At least not yet anyway. He growled lightly before dropping the black lynx and eyeballing its sleek black fur. The dark wolf had noticed how @Elettra had pelts lining her den. He had often wondered why she did that, or if there was a purpose to the madness. However a brief thought about bringing the black cats fur to the willow queen did flash through his mind. Much like his uncle Guiness had before him, Titan would take his prize, the black cat fur, and offer it to Elettra. If only because the woman might favor him for the early Christmas present.

He inspected his legs which had been torn up pretty badly. The blood leaked down to his paws making them feel warm and slippery. It was only as he looked at them that Titan began to feel the pain. He began to whimper a little before Firefly's voice cut into his own whines. She mentioned Yarrow which immediately caught his attention. The way she said "Yarrow", It almost seems as if she's talking about some thing like a plant. Something that could help with the blood and pain. He thought quietly while watching Fly freak out and look for whatever plant she was talking about.

"What is Yarrow? An herb? Will it help with cuts like a Goldenrod poultice does?" Titan asked while glancing about the area for goldenrod plants. It was so late in the season that he was sure ergot wouldn't be alive and growing right now. Though Ergot might have been one of the better things to use in this situation. Instead he was left with the dying goldenrod plants scattered about them and whatever this Yarrow that the she wolf was talking about was. "Speech here."

(This post was last modified: Nov 14, 2014, 02:19 AM by Titan.)
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats

Firefly heard the boy ask her a question and she tried to mumble out an answer as she continued on her search, determined to help him however she could. "Goldenrod? yes, Lugh told me about that one too I think. It's the one the butterflies like." The girl's answer wasnt completely coherent because most of her attention was still on finding the yarrow.

"Ha!" Fly barked triumphantly. Nestled cozily into one of the roots of one of the trees was a small cluster of yarrow leaves. They were feathery and had long stems but it was the smell that made Fly sure she had found the right herb. The russet huntress felt out of her element as she carefully dug around the plant and gingerly took the leaves in her jaws to try and get them out of the ground. Once she managed to get a patch of them, she trotted over to the dark warrior who had saved her and dropped them at his feet.

"These should help with the bleeding." She said as she began to smash the leaves into the ground with her paw. Lugh had said she needed to smash them and then rub them on the wound so Fly figured she just needed to wait for it to get sticky and then rub it on the bleeding spots. Nervously, she admitted "I'm not really sure how to do this but I will try my best." She avoided the piercing blue gaze of the male. She didn't know why but ever since her meeting with Bane she had been more wary around male wolves. The young girl was finally realizing how powerful men were: they could break your heart. And poor Firefly wore hers on her sleeve without any defenses.

"Speech"

Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Curious about the plant that Firefly had mentioned, Titan tried to follow her as she searched for whatever yarrow was. However his legs stung causing the male to wince as he moved towards Firefly. He looked past her to the plant that the she wolf had spotted. His nose went to work surveying the scents that burst up into the air as the she wolf dug at the plant and uprooted it. The smell of earth and moist root seeped into his nose while the lighter scent of flower and green leaves echoed about his senses. It certainly smelled different than the other plants he had come across, but the flowers smell was actually rather close to goldenrods stench.

As the she wolf turned around with the plant dangling from her jaws Titans blue orbs took in every detail of the herbs feather-like leaves. It looked very delicate until the flowers were noticed. They seemed strong and thick as his eyes drifting over the whole plant. It was strong and sturdy up top from the stem and flowers until you got to the base where the thin light green leaves were. It looked like a queen with a feathery dress on.

As Firelfy proceeded to try and make a poultice Titan noticed how hard it was for her to mash up the plant on the ground. It certainly was a dirty way of doing it, and a good way to get an infection. Is it poisonous if eaten? That's why she's not just chewing it? He wondered while noticing that its mashed up leaves smelled somewhat like solomons seal and ergot. Distantly Titan wondered why that was so; that the plant could smell like other kinds. Then he looked down at Firefly as she stooped to work on the herb.

"Is it dangerous to accidentally ingest? If not then you could just chew on it then spread it over the wounds. It's much easier to make a poultice that way." He said somewhat quietly but loud enough for the woman to hear. He still wasn't even sure why he got himself into this situation. Especially since he was conversing with a Black Thorn Downs wolf.

Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats

Fly felt a warmth spread over the skin underneath her fur. Of course! She couldn't just smash it into the ground or else it ould be full of dirt. Why hadn't Lugh been more specific? Fly's wide brown eyes risked a glance at her patient's face to see what kind of expression it held. Was he angry she was messing up? Or annoyed like Bane had been by her presence? Or maybe he just thought she was stupid for messing up the herbs."Oh...uh no...it's not." Fly mumbled. Quickly Fly took what was left of the yarrow and chewed it up until it was a poultice. Then she applied the poultice onto the gashes on his leg and what little was left onto his chest.

Once the work was done, she took a few steps back and lifted her gaze to meet his."There, I think that should help." She offered a modest smile."Thank you so much for saving me. I don't know what I would have done if that lynx had actually got me." Fly said as a feeling of butterflies erupted in her stomach. Fly had been nervous before, but shy was a totally new concept for her. It was unlike the fiery young woman to be shy or to feel like she didn't know what to say. So, Fly did one of the things she was best at: she ramble."I mean I probably could have handled it. I am a pretty good hunter and a lynx isn't much bigger than I am or much stronger. But I guess it isn't really prey and i am a horrible fighter, so maybe I wouldn't have been able to take it." Trying to balance her words so that she didn't sound totally helpless or overly confident, Fly struggled to find a way to shut herself up. "And have you ever seen a black lynx before? That was weird wasn't it? It's fur was as black as yours is. Well yours isn't black really, it has pretty silver hairs in it too." Fly snapped her jaw shut as her skin began to feel even warmer than before. If she could see it, it would probably be as red as the fur on her back. She really needed to just stop talking."Um..well, thanks. My name is Firefly, by the way." She said amazed that out of all of the words that had come out of her mouth she had not introduced herself until now. Embarrassed, Fly knew that she had probably freaked out this stranger in the same way she had freaked out Bane. She had never had any problem making friends until her encounter with him, and now here she was completely unable to express herself. She just hoped that this boy was not as mean as the last one.

"Speech"