Bing

Strange Days — Silent Moon Plateau 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Missy who has 66 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Seraphina Faye
For @Phineas Phina has a gift for you! :D

Speech

Seraphina had spent the day hunting and collecting herbs, the two jobs she spent most of her time doing. Part of her wanted to laugh as she realized that she had left her home to find a land that could offer her more opportunities and here she was doing exactly what she would have been doing at home. She could have been a scout or a Guardian in these lands, but she couldn't deny that she was better at hunting and her knowledge of herbs shouldn't go to waste. With a sigh, Phina gracefully accepted that she was doing what she was meant to do. Besides, she was comforted by the fact that in these lands she could work her way to the top of her pack. One day, she would be a Leader. And that was worth everything to her.

She was still disappointed in herself for losing against Aestyn in the tournament but her spar with Anthem had restored her confidence. She could beat Aestyn, and Aesire. She just needed to practice. Confident that with time she would earn her title and content to take as much time as needed, Phina occupied her mind with other thoughts. Phineas. And the antlers. By the light of the Moon she would work up the courage to give them to him tonight. Even though she lost the tournament, she wanted him to know that she had every plan on staying in Silent Moon Plateau for the rest of her years. This was her home. She had made the decision to be here and she would stand by her decision. For some reason, she needed him to know that.

As Phina came upon the den, she veered left and found the small crevice where she had stored the antlers. Pulling them out she trotted a little ways away from the den and settled them down on the ground beside her. Phina tilted her dainty, dappled head back and called for her Leader. She didn't think it was late enough for him to have fallen asleep just yet, but she wasn't sure. The sleeping habits of these wolves were still strange to her and she hadn't gotten her body to fully readjust its sleeping schedule.

Played by Rachel who has 473 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
Sorry for the wait! I'm back from absence. :D

The pups were of a more comfortable age now that he was not so keen to keep them in his sight at all times -- when Borlla had first left, it had been trialling to maintain his rank and keep his little trio of scamps from any mishaps.. Somehow, with the help of the few members that had remained, the regal had done so. But it did not mean he did not revel in the stolen moments of quiet he had with them, and this evening was no different. They had seemingly tired themselves out -- perhaps from exploration of their newer home, and so he laid within a den he had dug for them all not long ago, a tangle of white and ebony limbs as the moon rose above. Their chests rose and fell gently, and while he too could have fallen to the lure of sleep, it would seem other plans would arise.

Seraphina's howl echoed across the foothills, and with its melody resonated a stir of emotion in his chest. He felt a pull to the honeyed she-wolf, of that he could not deny.. and so with the wisdom that had been bestowed upon him after six years and two mateships past, he avoided her like the absolute plague.

She would not have it tonight, it would seem, and gingerly, the large beast unfurled himself from the pups, noting the sleepy blinks he received and offering a lopsided grin of apology. Nudging a kiss upon the crown of his two daughters and son, Phineas emerged from the shadows of his den, his sharp orange eyes drinking in the night and inhaling the fresh air.

He did not hesitate to answer her, his own cry clipped in return -- he was coming. And within moments, he had found her -- bathed in the moonlight as it played upon the delicate golds and cinnamons of her warm pelt. Tipping his muzzle in silent greeting, his tail swayed behind him as a proud banner. Seraphina, he rumbled, noting his tone held a notch lower in timber from the sleep he had almsot found his way to. What is it?

(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2015, 12:55 AM by Phineas.)

Played by Missy who has 66 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Seraphina Faye
No prob! Welcome back ^^ And love the table! Its very pretty:D

Speech

Seraphina heard Phineas' reply and could barely believe the way every one of her nerve endings sparked, leaving her torn between a distinct instinct to flee and an inexplicable desire to see him that kept her rooted to the ground. It only took him moments to find her and she was sure he had arrived soon enough to catch a glimpse of the emotions dancing in her golden orbs before she could hide it all behind her mask of placidity. Regality rolled off of him as he presented himself to her, his large form muscular, but proportionate enough not to be considered bulky. Ivory fur illuminated by the moonlight, the darker hairs in his pelt looked only like faint shadows on an otherwise pure backdrop. As her name rolled off his tongue, she noted that his voice was deeper, more rugged. Initially, the difference served only to send a slight, hopefully unnoticeable, shiver up her spine. Immediately following that, she understood that his voice was most likely a little lower because he had been sleeping and she had woken him with her call.

"I'm sorry if I woke you. I didn't mean to pull you away from your children." Her words rang with a genuine sincerity that she hadn't intended to reveal. Though she had not had the opportunity to spend much time with the other two Argyris cubs, she had gotten to know Celandine. The ivory princess was determined, strong, willful: all of the qualities Phina had refined in herself. But Phina knew better than anyone when a girl needed her father and she would feel guilty about any time with Phineas that she took away from his children.

"I'm still adjusting to these new sleeping habits and I didn't think you would be asleep just yet." Her explanation seemed feeble and she knew Phineas to be a no-nonsense type of Leader. If she had something to say she needed to just say it. "Well, I will make this quick so you can get back to your family." Phina bent her dappled head down and gracefully lifted the antlers only to place them carefully at Phineas' ivory feet."Where I come from, it is important for a wolf to present the King with a gift when they come of age as a symbol of their gratitude for their place in the pack. I did not come of age in your pack, but I am grateful for my place in it. It has become a home to me in ways that I would never have guessed." Of course, Phineas, a strong and admirable Leader, was not the least of her reasons for wanting to stay but to her surprise a few other faces came to mind. Myrrhis. Celandine. Even Aestyn and Aesire."I want you to know that I intend to stay." She wanted to look into his fiery eyes and convey the deeper meaning of her words and of her gift, but she knew that it was not her place to look into his eyes and instead kept hers focused on his chest and his maw. Though her features remained serious, the skin under her fur flared as she tried to bury all thoughts of his strong, prominent jawline. The words were out; the gift, presented. Now she waited, suspended in time by anticipation, as she waited for his response.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Played by Rachel who has 473 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
Aw, thanks. <3 I very rarely use them, and even more rarely do I ever make myself one. :)

One lobe flickered forward as she spoke, offering a gentle shake of his ivory head. I try to sleep when my children do -- otherwise I'd never sleep in worry for them, he murmured, a small smile just gracing his muzzle as a yawn was emitted then -- normally he did not share so much information, but he was also half-asleep.. and entirely lulled by the she-wolf's presence. As his jaws clipped shut, the Argyris man allowed himself to sweep a fleeting glance over her once more -- she was young, like Borlla had been.. and he knew then and there to drop whatever rising emotion stirred in his chest. No good would come of it -- in the end, she would only have but an old man by her side in but a handful of eyars to come, and that was not what she deserved.

And the entire point of eliciting the lead female challenge was so that a dominant wolf would step forward.. and in turn, he would allow her free breeding this upcoming spring. He had raised two litters with a she-wolf he had at one point loved -- who was he to take that chance from Aesire by attempting to take yet another mate?

Mentally shaking these thoughts from his sleep-addled mind, the regal cast a sharp orange eye upon her now as she spoke, listening to her words. The custom in itself intrigued him, though he personally had never expected homage to be paid -- all he asked was loyally and dedication. Regardless, as his eyes befell her gift that was bestowed with such precious handling. It is a kind gesture, he rumbled, stealing this opportunity to take a pace closer, to close more distance between them as the gentle scent of her drifted to him. But the true gift is that you will remain with us. You have proven not just a worthy asset to the pack, but a welcome friend.