Google, Bing

Hope In a World So Cold — Lucifers Gorge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kydnt who has 158 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nova
castlegraphics . deviantart
burtn . deviantart

Nova thanked the stars and hoped that Camio would hold up to his word. She wasn't sure what Aponi would think of Camio, which worried her. If Aponi came to any conclusions, she didn't want her sister to think her so weak of wills that she needed someone with her. She had already been thinking of how she would explain her companion to her sister when the finally arrived, and for the most part had settled on the plain, unadorned truth; That he had helped her and needed someplace to go now that the pack was gone. It was a simple enough excuse, and avoided having to admit even to herself that she was growing fond of the male in a way she had never felt about anyone before.

Nova had not been expecting what he said next. She was so caught off guard that her next step skimmed over the slick rock, her long legs tangling into each other in a panicked moment before she quickly righted herself. She wasn't sure the little slip was entirely the cause of her pounding heart, however.

... Perfect. The word bounced around her skull, latching on to the multitude of ways she was definitely not perfect. Lanky without grace, huge without strength, quiet and awkward, and cursed with huge ears and a muzzle that looked less out of place on a moose. Nova couldn't help but search Camio's eyes, not so much for honesty but whether or not cataracts clouded his vision, because he just had to be blind to say such things about her.

"Camio... I like you, too," She admitted quietly, her ears folding as she continued, "But you don't really mean that about me, do you?" Nova pushed, her eyes soft as she searched his expression, hoping if prodded enough he'd take back the undeserved praise and confirm that she was indeed unlikable and worthless.

Played by Becca who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Camio Zamora

The Zamora male was upset that Nova even had to ask if he really meant it. Of course he did. He wasn't going to lie to her about her perfectness or how he liked her. In fact he wouldn't lie to her about anything. Sighing soflty he looked to the sky before speaking. "Of course I mean it Nova. I'm not gonna lie to you about something like that. Why would you even have to ask?" He wondered if she had been hurt in the past by family or the pack to were she couldn't take compliments properly.

He decided it would be best to not questions some things. The past was a sore spot. But all that mattered now was the future. The future of them. In the back of his mind he knew Nova was and or would be his. She had so much potential that he wanted to help her find it. He wasn't letting go of her any time soon. Even if this sister Nova spoke of disapproved of him he wouldn't care for it. Nova was his and he was Nova's. Now seemed as good as a time to tell her as any.

"Nova, can I tell you something?" Without really waiting for a yes he kind of moved on to just saying it. "I want you to be mine, but I also want to be your's." His eyes stared at her face looking for a reaction hoping it would be a good one. The last thing he wanted was rejection from her. "Together we can do so much. I can help you overcome anything and you can keep my away from my nightmares and awful past...though I understand if you don't want that." He wasn't asking for her whole life and for her to give up all her freedom. No, he only wanted her to be his. To make one small chain link onto him.

"Speech."

table by Grey / 2014
and all the love lost was the love that i kept
in coffins and boxes, a museum of the dead
Inactive Deceased
Nova
burtn . deviantart

Nova felt a twinge of guilt at having second guessed Camio. She didn't think he was lying, not at all, and as he sighed and looked skyward she regretted that she had managed to imply such a thing. She wilted slightly in posture, wondering at his own question, why would she have to ask? She did trust him, though it would still take some time for that trust to outweigh the mountain of self doubt that constantly pulled her down.

Before Nova could even begin to speculate as to what he wanted to tell her, he continued. Likely for the best, since it didn't give Nova the time to start worrying about what he had to say. With how transparent Camio had been up to now, Nova should have seen it coming. Still, she was naive enough that it caught her by surprise. Her heart fluttered, not only with nervousness but something else she didn't have a word for.

"Oh, Camio," She said as she leaned towards him, letting her shoulder rest against his own as she ducked her head underneath his neck, nuzzling her snout under his cream throat.

"I do want that, I want to be yours," She told him, pulling her head away to focus on his brown eyes. "But only if you'll be mine, too." They could help each other. It was not only that, but that Nova contained a possessiveness to grab onto the hope she found in Camio and keep a tight hold on him.

"It seems so strange..." She began to confide, "That I've lost so much, everything, really. But we at least have eachother. I think that has to mean something." Nova didn't particularly believe in fate, nor did she think that life was inherently fair or unfair. It was just that the end of one thing always signaled the beginning of another, as the end of day signaled night, or the end of spring signaled summer. Nova didn't know what form the new chapter of her life would take, but she knew that it would include Camio if she could help it.

Played by Becca who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Camio Zamora
This should have been done forever ago >< My apologies @Nova (Also, this is just really quick to wrap it up<3)

Camio nodded softly. "Of course I'll be yours too. We'll be each other's." His voice was a soft low coo to her. He found himself becoming soft, but only for the beauty named Nova would he be soft. No one else would be able to see him weak and vulnerable.

"Yes yes. I think it means something too." Smiling softly he looked down at the ground. Certainly this was only just the beginning for the two young partners. Hopefully they would be able to share many more moments like this together. Or at least Camio could only hope so.

Yawning lightly he rolled his shoulders. "I think we should finish are little trip on this part of the mountains and find somewhere to rest. My paws are rather sore and I think it will do both of us some good." Looking over to Nova the Zamora male awaited her words. For he would know dutifully follow her words on the drop of a dime. Being her knight, servant, friend, and lover. The young male was ready to throw himself into those roles for this one young beautiful she wolf.

Taking one last good look at the rapids his eyes quickly snapped back to the pathway ahead of them. It would do him no good to be glancing towards the danger. He didn't need anything unnecessary worrying his mind. Camio was almost sure that the more his mind lingered on the thoughts of those daring rapids the more he was testing his lucky to slipping in.
and all the love lost was the love that i kept
in coffins and boxes, a museum of the dead
Inactive Deceased
Nova
burtn . deviantart

Camio's soft tones and smile had utterly charmed Nova. A funny, but comfortably warm feeling filled Nova's chest, a sort of fluttering sensation she might liken to moths fluttering about... Or maybe butterflies?

As Camio yawned Nova realized she was starting to get tired too. She wasn't sure she'd be able to sleep too well in a weird place, but at least she could give her wary paws a break. Nova kept her eye out for somewhere preferably dry to stop, and eventually the gorge widened enough to support a sandy bank, a few tufts of hardy grass and tenacious shrubs dotting the shore.

"Here seems alright," Nova said, her topaz eyes sliding to Camio to see what he thought. She approached the far cliff wall, putting as much space as she could between herself and the raging water, before she folded her long limbs beneath her and curled into a warm ball, her tail draped over her snout. Nova thought she would have to fight against her thoughts and memories just to relax, but with the shush of the water and Camio's warmth beside her, she quickly drifted off to sleep.