283 Users Online
Bing, Google, Vasco, Aquene, Jadon

let the sky fall — Whisper Caverns 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
November 3rd; Early morning, just before sunrise; Partly Cloudy; 28° F/-2° C

Since his twin had left him, their quest, and the Whisper Caverns pack behind, Rook had been abandoned at something that was similar to a deadlock in a chess game; the only thing that was rather unfortunate about this sort of 'block' was that the boy had nothing against him apart from his father's health and there was no telling how much time he had. One day Borden would be absolutely fine; then, the following morning, it was highly plausible that Rook, both his name and face, could have been forgotten while the Lyall patriarch fully remembered the other members of their family. Even if Borden seemed to be all right for at least 75-80% of the time, the struggle of it all came from Bishop's departure and it was hard at times for Rook to keep remembering that he had built himself a whole different support system... that he didn't truly need his age-mate sister in order to be himself, fend for himself, or even think for himself.

Much like his mother and sisters would, he checked and double-checked on his father before leaving the main network of caverns. Hopefully Borden would remain asleep for just a little while longer while Rook worked everything out. In his head he continued to count and consider everything he had needed. Usually, he had Bishop to spot-check him and make sure he had everything in order. As he strode out into the chilled November morning air, he heaved a deep sigh, letting his breath evaporate from his lips. Since his last meeting with the Lady @Narimé, he had several things to meditate on and chew over. Hopefully this would be, once again, the first step he needed to move on.

With the subtle lifting of his skull he angled his muzzle skyward, calling to his leaders - perhaps even @Ash might show to give a formal introduction? - in hopes of answers and much needed advice...
(This post was last modified: Nov 03, 2014, 09:41 PM by Rook.)

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Going to get to the exploding pens one after this. How do you want me to end the other one?

The gray wolf covered up the earth where a cache for food was located. She didn't have much to fill it, only a spare fat hare caught on her last outing, but every little bit counts. Nari's claws scoop up the earth covering up the hole in the ground quickly and efficiently. It was important for wolves to hide these caches because many scavengers or other predators would make a quick meal out of leftovers simply laying around outside. The pack would need those leftovers to get them through winter. Especially if the herds disappeared from the land like they did last year.

A howl going up from the main den puts the gray she wolf on alert. Her body stands upright and rigid as she examines the tone of the call with her swiveling ears. What's wrong Rook? She wondered quietly before patting down the earth and then raising her own head to call back. Her call was a short "I'm coming" compared the the longer deeper call that Rook had sung. Quieting herself, Nari then picked up her paws and began to lope forward towards the den. They weren't that far away from each other so the bit of travel wouldn't take long at all.

"What's wrong?"

She called to the gray form of Rook as Nari rounded the hill and slowed her approach. Her silver brows were creased a bit in worry as her blue orbs took in the scenery around them. Had Borden wandered off? she worried over that thought as it banged around inside her head. Nari waited for his answer keeping an ear attentively leaned forward to catch the young Lyall's words.
faestock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
(This post was last modified: Nov 04, 2014, 04:54 PM by Narimé.)

Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
"I'm coming!" she answered him. Rook's tail wagged as he heard her through the woods. He shot a glance over his shoulder toward the den, his forehead creasing in hopes that his father had not been awoken. When he straightened himself, he picked Narimé through the trees and gave her an appreciative nod thankful for her prompt response. "My Lady," he addressed her, the months of etiquette drills and mimicked manners from his cub days now rendering him into a more genuine form of himself. His ears fell back, "Nothing's wrong, at least, not... really..." His mismatched eyes took her in and he added just for quick measure, "Everyone's fine."

"I was just wondering if..." he really shouldn't have hesitated but a part of him, even in his concern, was still battling over whether or not this - asking his superior to attend to him, a mere unrelated yearling of her pack - actually made him selfish or inconsiderate of Narimé's time. "I'm sorry, I just, I'm having a hard time of it all. My sister is gone and I don't- I don't know what to do." Again, he turned his gaze towards the mouth of the cavern, but he did not return his eyes to his Leader to retain his respect for her and keep his eyes averted from her. After all, he had not called her here for a challenge or anything else of the sort.

His tail lowered and he focused now on the ground in front of him while keeping his head angled away towards his left, "Lady Narimé, I... I need to do something. I can't. I can't just keep going back and forth looking for what's left of the summer herbs and grasses while my father is left here. I was wondering if I could have your blessing," his eyes flickered up to her face for the briefest of moments, "to leave. I need to take him back to our home in Grizzly Hollow. I need to find my mother, my siblings... I've seen them out there during my ventures for lavender and arnica and parsnip."

"They're waiting for me," he quietly swallowed and when he shifted to move his weight from one side to the other, it was apparent how nervous he was. The whites of his eyes showed when he came to meekly stare at her throat and shoulder. "I'm asking for your permission to leave Whisper Cavern territory to go on an expedition, to search for my sister, my mother, my family... In exchange for caring for my father in my absence, I will bring you any valuable resources that I find. For any hardship he might cause and the caches he might empty, I will replace and make it up to you in servitude." Surely he could have promised his family's alliance to Whisper Caverns, but that would have been too easy. A crusader and a man of his word by nature and character, Rook "upped the ante" in hopes that his request would be fulfilled one way or another.
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Her worried look disappeared as Rook mentioned everything being fine. Her tail even begins to wag as Nari casts the yearling a warm smile just after licking her nose to moisten it. As he looks towards the cavern and begins apologizing Nari's eyes shine with compassion. She understood Rook's troubles. Though the next words leaving his maw had her heart clenching up. It was something she had thought about, the idea of Rook leaving to be with family or to help them in some way. As much as she wanted to say "you should be loyal to your pack" she couldn't because Nari valued loyalty to family just as highly.

"I'm sorry we haven't been able to help you more Rook."

She sighs long and defeated while glancing towards the cavern where Rooks gaze was.

"I don't think I have to tell you how dangerous trying to bring back Grizzly Hollow might be. What with Cut Rock River wolves right near you."

Nari narrows her gaze onto a tree while allowing her mind to wrap itself around what was happening. In what way could this help her pack? Letting Rook leave?

If he wants to get his family back to the Hollow.. Then maybe I could ally with them again? she thinks quietly while keeping an ear towards Rook to listen to his voice. Servitude...mmmmm... She notes the quiver in his voice before glancing back to Rook with a thoughtful gaze.

"I ask for your help, if the pack or I might need it. In return we'll help you if you need it. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours."

Nari still felt hollow. She liked Rook, in a big sister little brother kind of way. She just wondered if he would be able to bring his family together again.
faestock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief