(See All?) Announcements
730 Users Online
Google, Bing

The Coldest Night — Hot Springs 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Silvia who has 133 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Rayne Flint
It had been many moons since had last rested his paws in the dirt of the Lore and breathed in the air surrounding it but now that he was back, Rayne wondered why he had why he had left it in the first place.

Oh, that's right. Because he managed to bump his head while caught in a storm and become disoriented and lost for weeks on end. He then could not face the prospect of seeing his pack again-Silver, mostly. His heart betrayed him by remining him of the black beauty, causing a scowl to cross his face as he settled at the edge of the hot springs he had found, half in the warm water.

The water warm his chilled body, the warmth slowly spreading the longer he laid there. Wary at first, thinking that other wolves might be thinking the same as him, when he smelt the springs in the air and then stumbled across them by following that same scent, the large wolf was relieved to find no one else was there. Of course he would have smelt others on the wind but after the run in with the dark furred male that ran with his sister, Rayne was somewhat wary of all strange wolves.

His mind pulled him back towards a wolf he was farmilar with, one that made his heart stutter in both love for and fear of her. Fear that she had moved on by now and found aomeone else or would not want anything to do with him anymore, should they cross paths again.

"@Silver," he whispered softly, the pretty name rolling off his tounge as the picture of a beautiful wolf appeared in his mind. "I'm sorry for leaving. I just hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me one day." Even if she was there with him, it made him feel better saying those words out loud.
Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Silver

The dark maiden had taken the day to make a trip up here and was content on spending the night here. In fact she was doing a bit of exploring. Her, Athena and the rest of the followers of Athena would be spending their time on these mountains shortly and the dark female wanted to learn all about the mountain she could. Every nook and cranny to it. Every trick and treat it had to offer.

Though while in her searching she had found herself in the hot springs. Not alone either. The face was familiar but when she heard the voice she was ready to collapse. "Ra-rayne?" Standing half way into the hot springs she hoped she was't talking to herself. Of course another part of her also hoped it wasn't Rayne. After meeting @Drestig she had come to terms with that she was slowly developing feelings for him. The dark male and his fiery eyes had stolen her heart the first day they met and now that she was a free woman she was letting those feelings grow. The last thing she needed was things getting about three times more complicated with her feelings. Things in her life were already scattered and Rayne appearing so suddenly would not help.

"Is it really you out there?" Her voice was soft only being carried on the wind to his ears if he was there. The dark female couldn't help but whine softly as her golden eyes strained in the darkness to find Rayne's large form.

Inactive Deceased
Rayne Flint
Rayne nearly felt his neck snap as he leapt to his paws in the water and spun around, almost slipping as he heard the voice of Silver wash over his ears. His heart sank at the sight of her, looking nearly identical to what he remembered. No no, he wasn't ready to see her yet but oh, how his heart soothed to see her hale and in one piece.

"Yes, it is me." He managed to choke out after severel moments of stunned silence, amber eyes staring wildly at her. "Wh-What are you doing here?" Please please, do not have let her hear the words he just spoke. He did not want to think what her response would be to them. Surely, she would have found someone else to fall in love with by now and it would break Rayne's heart to hear those words.

But he still loved her. Still wanted to be by her side and care for her. He wanted to be the one she called for a night, to sleep beside. Yet he could not bring himself to allow the words to fall from his maw, to shocked at seeing Silver right there. He would not force himself onto her and if she did not want to see him again, he would content himself in knowing his was safe, even if he was hurting.

His fur was dripping wet as he stood, the cool air seeming colder and he found he could not care about it at all.

Silver is here. His mind chanted again and again. she is here
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive Deceased
Silver

"Yes, it is me."

No no no. It couldn't be him. It shouldn't be him. He was gone. He had disappeared long ago and she should not be staring at him across the water.

"Wh-What are you doing here?"

She couldn't even muster up the energy to reply right away. Instead she let the silence wrap around them brushing its fingers through them. Opening her mouth nothing came out. No sound, no voice, no nothing. Nothing but another harsh whine tearing through her throat out her mouth. What was she suppose to say? It was like having her heart ripped out and badly stitched back into her chest.

"I could ask y-you the sa-same." She wanted to be strong and brave but instead she was crumbling and weak. In fact she was at a point where she could barely stand. Taking a seat in the hot water she let it warm her. It was the only thing keeping her warm at this point. Her heart had gone so cold in the moment that she swore it might have stopped beating.

Looking down at her paws she tried to fight back even more whines. "Y-you were gone for so lo-long. Wh-what were you d-doing?" It was like they had switched roles. She was the the one stuttering her words and he was the one standing strong, or so it looked like he was. The dark she-wolf wished she had someone to lean on. Even having the comfort of Athena would be appreciated right now.

Inactive Deceased
Rayne Flint
The silance was almost unbearable, his chest feeling tight as he stared at her from his side of the water. Yes, I'm here He felt like shouting, his heart tearing in two at her whine. I'm sorry for making you wait. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Please! but no words would form on his thick tounge.

"I was lost," He finally manges to whisper, just loud enough for her to hear. Oh how he wanted to swim over to her and bury his face into her fur but his legs would not listen to him. They were ridged and unbending as he stood still in the water. "I was lost and confused. I could not find my way back and when I did, I was ashamed at how long I was gone so I was afraid."

you deserve someone better then me. Someone stronger and braver. Someone who won't ever leave you and break you. the words lay heavily on his tounge but he could not find the courage to speak them. His heart beat something terrible in his chest, it aching at the sight of her so sad. He was suddenly reminded of when they first met, in that snow storm so long ago. He wanted to speak of that instead. He wanted to remind Silver of then but he had no idea what it would do to her. To either of them.

should he try?
Inactive Deceased
Silver

His next words shattered her fully. Every part of her was thrown around into a tornado of feelings. She was experiencing so many feelings. Sadness, hurt, anger. Everything just whip lashing through her so strong.

"You didn't return because you were scared?" Her voice was louder this time. More anger than sadness. She stood up and backed away from him walking around the outside of the hot spring. "You never came back because you were afraid of me being hurt?" She whined before snarling. A heavy mixture of thoughts and emotions were racing. "You hurt me more by never coming back Rayne!! You hurt me WORSE!" Her voice was a mixture of growls and barks at Rayne's direction. "I thought you were dead but instead you were stalling." She was now on the verge of crying. She had gotten so upset that she was getting frustrated and beginning to yell.

Stopping dead in her tracks she stared him right in the eyes. "Why would you do such a thing?" Her audio levels had gone from harsh yelling to a more softer gentle whisper into the dark moonlight. The only thing keeping her from possibly attacking him was the fact that they were both on the mountain. A risk that they could take a wrong turn and go crashing down the mountain side. The last thing Silver needed was an injury right before she had to go help Athena start their big dream. She couldn't risk it. Not now.

Inactive Deceased
Rayne Flint

"Silver, please, I never meant to intentionally hurt you!" Rayne attempted to plead with her. "I just...I did not know what to do." He whispered dejectedly, sounding decidedly lost as he hung his head. "I lost my way and then I became afraid of returning. But that is no real excuse. I have no real excuses to give you. But I will say this," he lifted his head up proudly and stared at her right in the eyes. "I am truly sorry for causing you so much harm and if you allow it, I will do anything you ask of me to gain your forgiveness...and love, if it has not already been taken by another in the time I've been away." His speech started off confidently, his pitch strong and hopeful as he spoke, an undertone of genuine honesty there too. His heart ached at the thought of Silver loving another but he was not going to begrudge her if she had moved on, believing him dead after all this time. "If it has, I will simply be happy knowing we are still friends." Finishing his words. Rayne thought that's all he had to say but he realized there was more.

"I do still love you, Silver and I think I always will. You are the most beautiful wolf I have ever met and the kindest. You have me the confidence I never thought I would have." He continued on as a pause, in a softer tone. "But I will not ask you to keep loving me, if you no longer feel it towards me. As I said, I hope to part as friends, at least. It is your choice Silver, even if you say you never wish to lays your eyes on me again and that you hate me, knowing you are alive and well...that is all I could ask for."

(This post was last modified: Nov 09, 2014, 09:04 AM by Rayne.)
Inactive Deceased
Silver

"I will do anything you ask of me to gain your forgiveness...and love, if it has not already been taken by another in the time I've been away."

Anything? Would he really risk doing anything just to prove himself? She was curious if he would hold up his word. The only way she would know is if she gave him a sort of "task" to do. "Anything? Then I want you to join my pack (Fallen Tree Cove). I want you to stay there and earn yourself. Prove yourself not only to me but also to the pack. I want to see you gain my trust, gain my love." She wouldn't lie, she would always love Rayne but with Drestig in the forefront of her mind it was hard to push away her feelings for the dark lad too. She had also known Drestig longer, she held more trust in the Avalon male then she did the Flint male.

"I'm not saying I don't love you, but I'm not saying I love you enough still to reclaim you as mine, not at the time being." The dark woman paused letting the words sink into his ears and mind. "Of course there has been another male who has caught my eye since you have been gone..." Her words trailed off lightly into the dark night's air. Hopefully Rayne would understand. Silver had issues truly. Spending too much time on her own was dangerous. She needed the company of another. The company of another gender. Company of a male. "He's a dark lad like myself, I've known him for about a year or so. Goes by the name Drestig." A smile came to her ebony lips as she just spoke about him. Oh how she was missing the company of @Drestig right about now.

Inactive Deceased
Rayne Flint
"I will do as you say." Rayne promised steadily, ready to prove himself to the one he loved. "I said I would do anything you say and if that is what you want me to do, then so be it. I still love you and even if you no longer want me, then I would gladly settle as being your friend and wish you all the luck in the world." A small foolish part of him had hoped Silver would drop everything and come back to his side as if nothing had happened. As if he hadn't disappeared for months on end and suddenly reappeared out of no where. It had been. Foolish thing for him to think of. Silver was her own wolf and could do whatever she wanted.

He lowered his gaze when she made mention of another male she was developing feeling for. Hot jealously raged in his veins for a few moments,wanting to find this male and tell him that Silver was his and his alone. But then, he reminded himself, he had been gone for a few months and it seemed she had known the unknown male (at leas to him) far longer then she had known him. She had every right to find love again in another. Rayne only hoped he could possibly win her back from him and the guardian was grateful that he was given another chance to prove himself to her. "He sounds like a nice fellow. I can only hope to meet him one day and perhaps become friends with him."

Suddenly, Rayne felt nervous. Was Silver the leader of the pack she spoke of and Drestig was the other? Or was she and him just packmates? He wanted to ask but he felt if he did, it'd come out wrong in some way so he kept silent about it.

"So what's your pack like?" He asked instead, curious.